ADVERTISEMENT

Uh huh, she be DEI alright …

Naturally, the person has to have some qualifications to point to. I don't suggest Harris had no qualifications. She was a US Senator. But the primary reason Harris was chosen was her sex and race. He's admitted that himself.

I don't understand why its offensive when the right says it....But not the left.

Because that's the only thing many of the right are saying.

But yes, I'm sure her sex and race finally played a positive role in her being named VP. Can we at least knowledge that her sex and race hasn't always been a positive... it's why she was the first to do it.

Now- if you guys want to say President Biden choose the wrong candidate, then maybe that's another topic thread but I personally ( of course can't speak for all) am not embarrassed by the President naming Kamala Harrris the Vice- President, if he aimed for diversity at the top of the ticket.

Not to get too deep in the weeds on a chat, as I have a tendency to do... but alot of you guys just have no clue how frustrating it is to be a minority candidate in the these United States of America.

Reactions: Eastmandawg
Because many on the Right confuse DEI vs. Qualified.

How bout this... Instead of spending soooo many damn hours and soooo many threads about is she a DEI hire or not (I think she is btw). Focus on this. Why do we have to have or need DEI hires?

DEI hires does not mean that someone is unqualified. DEI means that IF all things are fairly equal and you have a minority candidate, you aim to bring that candidate to your organization because he or she usually is not selected for those roles and those minority candidates can offer something that is different than the norm.

But why? Because like everything else in this great country of ours, people (You know who) have misused that power.

So- I commend President Biden for giving VP Harris an opportunity. Lord knows most qualified minority candidates have not always been given a fair look.
The left implemented it. Doesn’t mean we need it.

If you are selecting a person based on their skin color, that’s racism. That’s bad. The left seems to think racism is good nowadays, and you should be ashamed of it.

DEI policies don’t necessarily prove the person is unqualified or less qualified, but it naturally promotes doubts on the qualifications of the person chosen.

This in turn is brilliant because it gives the left an excuse to use the racism card they so desperately cultivate, and media uses it to fool all the simple minds.

If you are selecting a person based on their skin color, that’s racism. That’s bad. The left seems to think racism is good nowadays, and you should be ashamed of it.

DEI policies don’t necessarily prove the person is unqualified or less qualified, but it naturally promotes doubts on the qualifications of the person chosen.

This in turn is brilliant because it gives the left an excuse to use the racism card they so desperately cultivate, and media uses it to fool all the simple minds.

Everything you are saying is how it SHOULD be, selecting people on their merit.

It is not racism sir. Not even close to racism.

We absolutely needed it. We needed Affirmative Action at the time as well. The power that be have shown over and over and over that minorities have always gotten the short end of the stick... and I am not talking about the 1800 either. How many stores do we have to hear that minority sounding names are not selected vs. other races when all other things are equal?

Reactions: celticdawg
Because many on the Right confuse DEI vs. Qualified.

How bout this... Instead of spending soooo many damn hours and soooo many threads about is she a DEI hire or not (I think she is btw). Focus on this. Why do we have to have or need DEI hires?

DEI hires does not mean that someone is unqualified. DEI means that IF all things are fairly equal and you have a minority candidate, you aim to bring that candidate to your organization because he or she usually is not selected for those roles and those minority candidates can offer something that is different than the norm.

But why? Because like everything else in this great country of ours, people (You know who) have misused that power.

So- I commend President Biden for giving VP Harris an opportunity. Lord knows most qualified minority candidates have not always been given a fair look.
Reasonable definition, but the problem I see is that some of these hires are not qualified.

All for people getting a fair chance, but some are just doing it for political reasons.

DEI is nothing more than Affirmative Action, plus a little extra…..and some of this is being taken to extremes.

The head of Secret Service hire was one example. Jill Biden endorsed her and publicly stated she would like to see 30% females in the SS. Next thing you know, they hire her. Not sure where they are as far as number of females.

Men in women sports and in the women’s public restrooms are another issue (inclusion) that has really crossed the line.

Thinks Affirmative Action worked better IMO. There are limits for most people and some have gone overboard (DEI).

Yeah, it's sad.

Jared Kushner- Senior Advisor to the President

Ivanka Trump- Director of the Office of Economic Initiatives and Entrepreneurship

Lara Trump- Chair of the Republican National Committee
They did a good job and after all the BS swirling around DC with everyone against him who could blame him for hiring people he could trust. They are smart and very competent unlike ANYONE in either Biden or Harris realm. Harris got her positions by being in whatever position Willie brown wanted her in. She is the textbook casting couch hire.
once again,
you show your feathers.
it must be sad again knowing the corruption of what you speak;
knowing your diatribe is (for lack of a better word)
is BS.

Reactions: DTwnDawg
Reasonable definition, but the problem I see is that some of these hires are not qualified.

All for people getting a fair chance, but some are just doing it for political reasons.

DEI is nothing more than Affirmative Action, plus a little extra…..and some of this is being taken to extremes.

The head of Secret Service hire was one example. Jill Biden endorsed her and publicly stated she would like to see 30% females in the SS. Next thing you know, they hire her. Not sure where they are as far as number of females.

Men in women sports and in the women’s public restrooms are another issue (inclusion) that has really crossed the line.

Thinks Affirmative Action worked better IMO. There are limits for most people and some have gone overboard (DEI).

I think we can agree that we are talking 2 different things with this and I believe both can be true and both can co-exist. 1) We need diversity and if qualified minority candidates are not going to be given a fair chance at winning some of these roles, then laws should be made to help these organizations see a bigger picture.

2) Within that diversity selection, we have to have qualified and experienced candidates, but more importantly.....whomever is making the hire/selection HAS to make the correct hire... missing on that creates a vacuum and I think that is what the right is experiencing right now with VP Harris.

We absolutely needed it. We needed Affirmative Action at the time as well. The power that be have shown over and over and over that minorities have always gotten the short end of the stick... and I am not talking about the 1800 either. How many stores do we have to hear that minority sounding names are not selected vs. other races when all other things are equal?
You are clearly one of those from the school of Ibrim X kendi: “We need to be racist to defeat racism”

How is discrimination based on race NOT racism?

What you just said IS racism.

Requiring those same racist people (i.e hiring managers/owners/etc. For this example) to make a diversity hire is an outcome of those racist people and is not racism.

Maybe the world continues to change and we will not ever need to require it, I certainly hope so....Just don't think we are there just yet.

You are clearly one of those from the school of Ibrim X kendi: “We need to be racist to defeat racism”

All we need is education and an open mind. The realization that we (R/D.. Left/Right.. Tall/Short..whatever) are more alike than different.

Race relations is still a problem. Diversity hiring laws is a product of those relations.

Daddy’s name is Lucious. If some saw it in print & they had not have met him, they assumed he was a black man.

Some were surprised, some not when they eventually met him. He would always tell them his parents forgot to add an “s” to it.

Told the women just called him Luscious, so they could do the same.

Not gonna tell you my Momma’s name. Point is, minority sounding names happens on all sides.

What you just said IS racism.

Requiring those same racist people (i.e hiring managers/owners/etc. For this example) to make a diversity hire is an outcome of those racist people and is not racism.

Maybe the world continues to change and we will not ever need to require it, I certainly hope so....Just don't think we are there just yet.
I said that about DEI, which must mean you agree it is racism.

Amazingly, you somehow conclude it’s not racism because it’s a “requirement to be racist”. Your logic is all tangled up.

All we need is education and an open mind. The realization that we (R/D.. Left/Right.. Tall/Short..whatever) are more alike than different.

Race relations is still a problem. Diversity hiring laws is a product of those relations.
Call it whatever you want. Justify it however you feel you must but the bottom line is racial discrimination is racial discrimination regardless of the color of the rewarded and the aggrieved. Sexual discrimination is sexual discrimination regardless of the equipment sported by the rewarded or the aggrieved. Discrimination based on national origin...well you get it.

So, let's not pretend DEI isn't discrimination and that you generally find the best candidate by restricting the candidates to 15 to 25% of our population. So, if you are looking to hire a VP of sales or a middle management person, you can most likely restrict your choices and find a suitable candidate. However, if you are committed to finding the best candidate for every job without regard to race, religion, orientation etc, your chances of running a successful org are much better and your chances of having an environment where everyone respects their peers is much greater.

Daddy’s name is Lucious. If some saw it in print & they had not have met him, they assumed he was a black man.

Some were surprised, some not when they eventually met him. He would always tell them his parents forgot to add an “s” to it.

Told the women just called him Luscious, so they could do the same.

Not gonna tell you my Momma’s name. Point is, minority sounding names happens on all sides.
[/QUOTE

I never speak in absolutes, so I'm 100% sure it happens both ways some.

Call it whatever you want. Justify it however you feel you must but the bottom line is racial discrimination is racial discrimination regardless of the color of the rewarded and the aggrieved. Sexual discrimination is sexual discrimination regardless of the equipment sported by the rewarded or the aggrieved. Discrimination based on national origin...well you get it.

So, let's not pretend DEI isn't discrimination and that you generally find the best candidate by restricting the candidates to 15 to 25% of our population. So, if you are looking to hire a VP of sales or a middle management person, you can most likely restrict your choices and find a suitable candidate. However, if you are committed to finding the best candidate for every job without regard to race, religion, orientation etc, your chances of running a successful org are much better and your chances of having an environment where everyone respects their peers is much greater.

"However, if you are committed to finding the best candidate for every job without regard to race, religion, orientation etc, your chances of running a successful org are much better and your chances of having an environment where everyone respects their peers is much greater"

That is just it sir. When given that power, the best candidates have not been chosen. Minority candidates have routinely been overlooked for positions and been denied 1st level interviews for years!!!!!!

If the powers that be, historically conservative white men, were dedicated to finding the best candidate, we would not have needed this. If that was the case, the very examples you shared (race,religion, sex orientation, etc) would not have been needed in the 1964 Civil Rights Bill. It was needed because it was a problem. Now you want me and others to believe that we (the country) is all better.......smh.

Unfortunately- that problem still remains. I believe it is getting better day by day and for that, I am encouraged.

I said that about DEI, which must mean you agree it is racism.

Amazingly, you somehow conclude it’s not racism because it’s a “requirement to be racist”. Your logic is all tangled up.

Let's see if I can clear up my logic for ya......

Racist people caused DEI.

DEI was birthed by racist hiring practices.

"However, if you are committed to finding the best candidate for every job without regard to race, religion, orientation etc, your chances of running a successful org are much better and your chances of having an environment where everyone respects their peers is much greater"

That is just it sir. When given that power, the best candidates have not been chosen. Minority candidates have routinely been overlooked for positions and been denied 1st level interviews for years!!!!!!

If the powers that be, historically conservative white men, were dedicated to finding the best candidate, we would not have needed this. If that was the case, the very examples you shared (race,religion, sex orientation, etc) would not have been needed in the 1964 Civil Rights Bill. It was needed because it was a problem. Now you want me and others to believe that we (the country) is all better.......smh.

Unfortunately- that problem still remains. I believe it is getting better day by day and for that, I am encouraged.
Historically, you have a point. In today’s world….I certainly don’t see it happening. In fact, I see it happening more in the reverse now.

Historically, you have a point. In today’s world….I certainly don’t see it happening. In fact, I see it happening more in the reverse now.

This was 1963.

So i am going to assume that many of the crowd standing around, laughing, are about the same age as my mother. MY mother. MY mother.

Not some long lost time in our history, those people, just like my mother, had kids and instilled some of these positions about race within their kids mind (my age). Their kids are normally the HR managers. The hiring team. The recruiters, etc and it has taken a while to bridge some of those minority hiring losses.

YES-we have gotten better. A lot better. But only after we had to bring most of America along kicking and screaming to the sound of that change and inclusion. Some say we don't need it. I think we still do, until the power can be can show growth and start being accountable.

I don't agree with reverse discrimination either, but at least try (which I do think you are doing) to see why people, particularly minority candidates, endorse DEI. As we keep changing the minds, then yes... maybe my grandkids won't have to deal with this crap, but to act like this is due to some old dead issue is disingenuous at best.

Reactions: mitchelldawg

This was 1963.

So i am going to assume that many of the crowd standing around, laughing, are about the same age as my mother. MY mother. MY mother.

Not some long lost time in our history, those people, just like my mother, had kids and instilled some of these positions about race within their kids mind (my age). Their kids are normally the HR managers. The hiring team. The recruiters, etc and it has taken a while to bridge some of those minority hiring losses.

YES-we have gotten better. A lot better. But only after we had to bring most of America along kicking and screaming to the sound of that change and inclusion. Some say we don't need it. I think we still do, until the power can be can show growth and start being accountable.

I don't agree with reverse discrimination either, but at least try (which I do think you are doing) to see why people, particularly minority candidates, endorse DEI. As we keep changing the minds, then yes... maybe my grandkids won't have to deal with this crap, but to act like this is due to some old dead issue is disingenuous at best.
The poor and disadvantage come in all colors & races.

Have told this before, but I spent 3 years of my childhood growing up in the housing projects.

My Mom (divorced/1/2 Irish), little brother and I lived there with my Granny. She was 100% Native American. stayed in the same 2-bedroom apartment for the 3 years.

Stayed there until my Mom got on her feet…..waiting tables.

I certainly did not come from wealth. But at an early age, I knew I didn’t want to live that way and education was my only way out, problem was….we couldn’t afford it.

So at my early age, I used track, baseball and football as that way out. Hoping that I would eventually get a scholarship/education.

I got to be very good in all 3 sports….because I was obsessed and worked hard at it. But my senior year, tore my knee to shat & also later discovered my 7th vertebrae was dislodged.

There went my dream….but later graduated & regrouped. It made me more focused & even more determined.

Moved from my home town, found a job (minimum wage), supported myself and sent myself through college. Worked sometimes two jobs, but I found a way, got my degree.

The projects will certainly motivate you that way….at least with me it did.

I have been successful in my adult life, but have worked my azz off for it. Don’t worry about money or my kids. Sent them through college and didn’t borrow a dime. They have started their careers and didn’t have to go through what I did.

Point is, no one has any excuses…..unless you’re compromised somehow mentally or physically.

But I certainly don’t believe there is a big issue with racism, no doubts there is some….but it’s minor, there always will be some “fruitcakes”.

For the most part, it is overblown in today’s world. I don’t see it and believe for the most part, it is a cop out.

Have seen both sides of the fence. The world is your oyster, get off your azz, get an education & make what you want to out of life.. Nobody is going to do it 4 you.

People DGAS about your race or color, only if you can help….more about green.

“if it’s to be, it’s up to me”.

Because that's the only thing many of the right are saying.

But yes, I'm sure her sex and race finally played a positive role in her being named VP. Can we at least knowledge that her sex and race hasn't always been a positive... it's why she was the first to do it.

Now- if you guys want to say President Biden choose the wrong candidate, then maybe that's another topic thread but I personally ( of course can't speak for all) am not embarrassed by the President naming Kamala Harrris the Vice- President, if he aimed for diversity at the top of the ticket.

Not to get too deep in the weeds on a chat, as I have a tendency to do... but alot of you guys just have no clue how frustrating it is to be a minority candidate in the these United States of America.

First, I appreciate the civil discussion. I've tried to converse respectfully and you have as well. Thank you.

1. Can acknowledge her race and sex haven't always been viewed in a positive light.

2. I actually wanted to bring up a different candidate in the discussion. In my opinion, Harris was an awful selection. Susan Rice is a minority female, who seemed for more qualified than Kamala Harris. I disagree with her party policies, naturally, but that is irrelevant. I saw her as very experienced, respected. Tough. A much better choice imo.

3. Agreed. I have 0 idea.

First, I appreciate the civil discussion. I've tried to converse respectfully and you have as well. Thank you.

1. Can acknowledge her race and sex haven't always been viewed in a positive light.

2. I actually wanted to bring up a different candidate in the discussion. In my opinion, Harris was an awful selection. Susan Rice is a minority female, who seemed for more qualified than Kamala Harris. I disagree with her party policies, naturally, but that is irrelevant. I saw her as very experienced, respected. Tough. A much better choice imo.

3. Agreed. I have 0 idea.
I would be 80% behind Mrs. Rice right now. She would only have to prove to be Presidential and do what she really believe will move us in the right direction. I think she could finally have the conversation with the LGBTQT community, that I think needs to be held.

Reactions: poorpreacher
Naturally, the person has to have some qualifications to point to. I don't suggest Harris had no qualifications. She was a US Senator. But the primary reason Harris was chosen was her sex and race. He's admitted that himself.

I don't understand why its offensive when the right says it....But not the left.
Have you seen the resume of Harris versus JD Vance? Most of JDs work experience was being a stooge for Peter Thiel.

I'm confused. I thought DEI used to race in Nascar.

I had to come back to this. I was a HUGE #3 fan. Would not miss any race nor turn the TV off until #3 was eliminated (engine problems/wreck). I got to college and my guys gave me HELL. They kept asking "How in the hell is you a NASCAR fan...lol

Man- enjoyed that era in racing.

RIP Dale

Have you seen the resume of Harris versus JD Vance? Most of JDs work experience was being a stooge for Peter Thiel.
Escaped a disadvantaged childhood by joining the Marines
He had 4 yrs work experience as a Marine.
Editor of Yale Law Review.
Peter Theil's stooge.
Best Selling author

Kamala escaped Quebec by attending Howard.
Kamala earned her Law Degree at U Cal and promptly failed the California Bar.
Willie Brown's stooge
Cali AG
Joe Biden's stooge.

Does that sound about right? ;)

Peter Theil's stooge.
Best Selling author

Willie Brown's stooge
Cali AG
Joe Biden's stooge.

Not terribly inaccurate. I personally dont put a lot of value on the bar exam. I barely studied and passed the first time, meanwhile my smartest classmate failed the bar 4 times and is now a judge. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
Peter Theil's stooge.
Best Selling author

Willie Brown's stooge
Cali AG
Joe Biden's stooge.

If people are not impressed with him, they are being disingenuous, or not paying attention.

That fellow beat a ton of odds. He’s a fighter and I’d want him in my foxhole any day. He has my respect, thinks all should be poor/disadvantaged at least once in their lives.

Pretty sure “when the going gets tough”….he’s not gonna wilt.

You are only seeing one side of the issue. What you said is true. But the answer is not to create a system that focuses on race in determining the hiring process. The left in this DEI initiative has placed race as the most important factor and this is solely to give them political clout.
The process should be choose a panel of the most qualified candidates regardless of race and see which person is the best fit. To get people to ignore race and truly evaluate the person you should first focus on their drive, desire and character. Then I like to look at qualifications. I would much rather have a person who is genuine and sincere than the most qualified. We are training people to value things other than what is most important and that is sad.

I don't know what JD Vance has to do with a conversation about DEI hires but.....I think you vastly understate his accomplishments.

I don't know what JD Vance has to do with a conversation about DEI hires but.....I think you vastly understate his accomplishments.
You think it’s so different to hire a guy because he is friends with people that promise to donate a bunch of money?

The poor and disadvantage come in all colors & races.

Have told this before, but I spent 3 years of my childhood growing up in the housing projects.

My Mom (divorced/1/2 Irish), little brother and I lived there with my Granny. She was 100% Native American. stayed in the same 2-bedroom apartment for the 3 years.

Stayed there until my Mom got on her feet…..waiting tables.

I certainly did not come from wealth. But at an early age, I knew I didn’t want to live that way and education was my only way out, problem was….we couldn’t afford it.

So at my early age, I used track, baseball and football as that way out. Hoping that I would eventually get a scholarship/education.

I got to be very good in all 3 sports….because I was obsessed and worked hard at it. But my senior year, tore my knee to shat & also later discovered my 7th vertebrae was dislodged.

There went my dream….but later graduated & regrouped. It made me more focused & even more determined.

Moved from my home town, found a job (minimum wage), supported myself and sent myself through college. Worked sometimes two jobs, but I found a way, got my degree.

The projects will certainly motivate you that way….at least with me it did.

I have been successful in my adult life, but have worked my azz off for it. Don’t worry about money or my kids. Sent them through college and didn’t borrow a dime. They have started their careers and didn’t have to go through what I did.

Point is, no one has any excuses…..unless you’re compromised somehow mentally or physically.

But I certainly don’t believe there is a big issue with racism, no doubts there is some….but it’s minor, there always will be some “fruitcakes”.

For the most part, it is overblown in today’s world. I don’t see it and believe for the most part, it is a cop out.

Have seen both sides of the fence. The world is your oyster, get off your azz, get an education & make what you want to out of life.. Nobody is going to do it 4 you.

People DGAS about your race or color, only if you can help….more about green.

“if it’s to be, it’s up to me”.

I missed this response from last night.

I absolutely commend you and your mother for what you guys were able to dig yourselves out of those conditions. #Salute.

Now- imagine if, as your trying to dig yourself out of a hole, that the jobs you needed, you kept getting overlooked. Didn't get many callbacks. Only got token interviews.etc.

Of your hiring process, how many times did you have to run the gauntlet (from recruitment to offer) with an all black hiring panel? Would your experiences be different, if 90% of your job hunts were in front of all black panels? Would you trust the hiring process or would you at least would want some impartial law (and its a law that we really can't enforce) to provide some guidance, as the country becomes more open and more fair with hiring? Especially, if that Black race had had your ancestors/family as slaves and then had Jim Crow laws, up to 1964.

I agree. We have changed alot. My mother went to a segregated high school. I didn't. My son had many white friends in high school. It's CHANGING.... I just believe we are not there just yet.

If people are not impressed with him, they are being disingenuous, or not paying attention.

That fellow beat a ton of odds. He’s a fighter and I’d want him in my foxhole any day. He has my respect, thinks all should be poor/disadvantaged at least once in their lives.

Pretty sure “when the going gets tough”….he’s not gonna wilt.
I grew up like you, for what it’s worth. Holes in my sneakers, trailer trash. And I worry my kids won’t have the fire I do, because they have had all the advantages I lacked.

You are only seeing one side of the issue. What you said is true. But the answer is not to create a system that focuses on race in determining the hiring process. The left in this DEI initiative has placed race as the most important factor and this is solely to give them political clout.
The process should be choose a panel of the most qualified candidates regardless of race and see which person is the best fit. To get people to ignore race and truly evaluate the person you should first focus on their drive, desire and character. Then I like to look at qualifications. I would much rather have a person who is genuine and sincere than the most qualified. We are training people to value things other than what is most important and that is sad.

Excellent points!! My push back would be that it's the right that is seeing "race" when it comes to DEI.

DEI could mean sexual orientation, national origin, tall, short, slim people, fat people, young, old, religion, etc.

It's the Right that has harped in on race. I think the Left is saying that we should remember ALL diversity, inclusion, equality when applicable for hiring decisions.

Last edited:
I grew up like you, for what it’s worth. Holes in my sneakers, trailer trash. And I worry my kids won’t have the fire I do, because they have had all the advantages I lacked.
Don’t think you meant it that way. But I hate the term “trailer trash”. Everybody has value,

I never once doubted myself or my abilities.

Mom & Dad got divorced and all of a sudden, we are in a different environment….but I always held my head high.

Looking back, it certainly taught me some things that I value today. I wouldn’t want to ever trade the experience.

A free education that you couldn’t get everywhere.

Life happens, either you adjust or sit back and take it.

Don’t think you meant it that way. But I hate the term “trailer trash”. Everybody has value,

I never once doubted myself or my abilities.

Mom & Dad got divorced and all of a sudden, we are in a different environment….but I always held my head high.

Looking back, it certainly taught me some things that I value today. I wouldn’t want to ever trade the experience.

A free education that you couldn’t get everywhere.

Life happens, either you adjust or sit back and take it.
I hear you but I referred to myself as trailer trash to take back the derogatory term that was hurled at me. I agree I wouldnt want it any other way. For example, my daughter just came home bawling because she thinks she blew the volleyball tryouts. I told her to just go back tomorrow (the last day of tryouts) with her head clear and play her best, don’t worry about the rest. Those of us who have had to grind through hardship in life come out stronger, I hope my kids can find a way to develop that character without such experiences but only time will tell.

I hear you but I referred to myself as trailer trash to take back the derogatory term that was hurled at me. I agree I wouldnt want it any other way. For example, my daughter just came home bawling because she thinks she blew the volleyball tryouts. I told her to just go back tomorrow (the last day of tryouts) with her head clear and play her best, don’t worry about the rest. Those of us who have had to grind through hardship in life come out stronger, I hope my kids can find a way to develop that character without such experiences but only time will tell.

Good luck to your daughter on her tryouts.

dale earnhardt nascar GIF by Redneck Island

• Haha
Reactions: 9836dawg

Maybe it did, but maybe it didn’t. Either way, why it came about is irrelevant to the point.

If you think racism is bad, you should hate all forms of racism. You think some racism is good, and that’s terrible.

Same point applies to male/female and queer/hetero. All nasty parts of DEI.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT