ADVERTISEMENT

We saw today why Eason shouldn't be annointed the starter..

HeulenHund2

Letterman and National Champion
Apr 30, 2015
He is very talented, He is also an 18 year old kid.
Plainly put, He didn't have a good game today. That isn't anything to worry about, it happens. I have every confidence He'll be a star at UGA and go on to big things in The NFL.
None of that means handing Him the starter's role would be wise. There is no need to put pressure on Him now.
I'll be surprised if depth chart is even mentioned till well into spring ball. If He's ready to start game 1, fine. If He needs to redshirt, that's fine as well.

Plainly put, He didn't have a good game today. That isn't anything to worry about, it happens. I have every confidence He'll be a star at UGA and go on to big things in The NFL.
None of that means handing Him the starter's role would be wise. There is no need to put pressure on Him now.
I'll be surprised if depth chart is even mentioned till well into spring ball. If He's ready to start game 1, fine. If He needs to redshirt, that's fine as well.
On week to work with the wide outs also have seen our QBs

OK - why don't you go down to Miami and figure out the QB situation for the Hurricanes? We don't really care what you think about Eason. I have full-confidence that CKS and the new coaching staff will know damn well who is ready and the best option to be the Dawgs' starter next Fall.

OK - why don't you go down to Miami and figure out the QB situation for the Hurricanes? We don't really care what you think about Eason. I have full-confidence that CKS and the new coaching staff will know damn well who is ready and the best option to be the Dawgs' starter next Fall.
My point is you give him a shot to win it

On week to work with the wide outs also have seen our QBs

I'll be shocked if Our coaches put the kind of early pressure on Jacob some fans want them to.
It would serve no purpose and it could have a negative affect on JE.
He needs to be brought along at a pace determined day to day.

Yeah, You're a dumb f....

Reactions: Dawgman94
I'll be shocked if Our coaches put the kind of early pressure on Jacob some fans want them to.
It would serve no purpose and it could have a negative affect on JE.
He needs to be brought along at a pace determined day to day.
I'm not disagreeing with you I'm saying give him every chance to win the job

The only thing about it is he doesn't have any competition. We have no depth at quarterback right now

The only thing about it is he doesn't have any competition. We have no depth at quarterback right now

Ramsey was coming on by The 2015 Belk Bowl, let's see what this staff can get out of them. Jacob had never even taken a snap under center till today, and it showed.

Ramsey was coming on by The 2015 Belk Bowl, let's see what this staff can get out of them. Jacob had never even taken a snap under center till today, and it showed.
I think Ramsey is a lost cause unless the new staff can really turn him around. We have beat the Ramsey horse to death

Eason looked bad today. I was just disappointed at how slow he moved and how panicked he became when under pressure. He has a strong arm but so does Ramsey. I worry about an immobile QB in the SEC. Maybe we can improve it.

Eason looked bad today. I was just disappointed at how slow he moved and how panicked he became when under pressure. He has a strong arm but so does Ramsey. I worry about an immobile QB in the SEC. Maybe we can improve it.
He only had one week to practice with players that he has never played with. It makes a difference I promise. It will be OK can't let this game get in your head

I think Ramsey is a lost cause unless the new staff can really turn him around. We have beat the Ramsey horse to death

Well yeah ''unless the new staff can turn Him around'' that is clearly the question. We can't know the answer till it plays out. Bobo was able to get far better than Schotty did from Him. Also Lambert has the physical ability and in stretches He was brilliant. Both have the tools to play well at this level, if They didn't, it would be different.
It's in everybody's interest to let things work itself out in practice.

Well yeah ''unless the new staff can turn Him around'' that is clearly the question. We can't know the answer till it plays out. Bobo was able to get far better than Schotty did from Him. Also Lambert has the physical ability and in stretches He was brilliant. Both have the tools to play well at this level, if They didn't, it would be different.
It's in everybody's interest to let things work itself out in practice.
I hope they can straighten both of them out and let Jacob mature but we will see. Would liked to have seen us go after one of the qb's from A&M or Oklahoma to give Jacob time to develop, but it is what it is

I mean you open up the depth chart at Qb.if the coaches feal he ready then put him if he cant let him

I hope they can straighten both of them out and let Jacob mature but we will see. Would liked to have seen us go after one of the qb's from A&M or Oklahoma to give Jacob time to develop, but it is what it is
Me but you have Chubb who knows the kid be the next Johnny football

I have a feeling at least one of Our current QBs will respond well to the new staff.
I know I'm in a tiny minority but I'll be ok with Eason red shirting if He needs it. I doubt it'll come to that, but I just want Him to be prepared to handle the pressure that comes with the level of competition and the pressure of playing on such a big stage.
USC takes 5 star QBs and They usually don't start till Their 3rd year in the system. Not that I expect that with JE, I'm just making a point that there is a lot that goes into preparing for the job.

I was pumped we hired Kirby I'm ready I new from day one Kirby was going to special.

I think He will be, but He's yet to coach a single game at any level as HC.
He has My confidence though, and most Everybody Who knows Him as well, which says a lot.

Reactions: Dawgman94
Some of you are overreacting to one glorified scrimmage that doesn't amount to squat. I guarantee you Smart paid no attention to that game or Eason's performance because he knows it is meaningless. Some of you are already implying the kid is a bust, the #1 QB in the country, based off of one scrimmage and before he has even stepped on campus.

Need I remind you how bad Aaron Murray looked during G-Day years ago. Everyone thought Mettenberger would be the starter and Murray turned out to be a far better QB and the all-time passer in the SEC. Relax!

Reactions: Csc71
Some of you are overreacting to one glorified scrimmage that doesn't amount to squat. I guarantee you Smart paid no attention to that game or Eason's performance because he knows it is meaningless. Some of you are already implying the kid is a bust, the #1 QB in the country, based off of one scrimmage and before he has even stepped on campus.

Need I remind you how bad Aaron Murray looked during G-Day years ago. Everyone thought Mettenberger would be the starter and Murray turned out to be a far better QB and the all-time passer in the SEC. Relax!

You seem to be reacting to the headline, not the post itself.
Nobody is suggesting the Kid doesn't have the talent, just that the ''scrimmage'' let Us see what can happen when even a great talent isn't quite ready. it's not meant as criticism.
Until yesterday Jacob had never taken a direct snap from center in a live game. It's more about what I think is in everybody's best interest, which is to not put more weight on His shoulders than He's ready for. At least that's My opinion.

You seem to be reacting to the headline, not the post itself.
Nobody is suggesting the Kid doesn't have the talent, just that the ''scrimmage'' let Us see what can happen when even a great talent isn't quite ready. it's not meant as criticism.
Until yesterday Jacob had never taken a direct snap from center in a live game. It's more about what I think is in everybody's best interest, which is to not put more weight on His shoulders than He's ready for. At least that's My opinion.

If you draw any sort of conclusion from the AA game, especially concerning QBs, you don't know much about the game of football.

Working on center QB exchange and then specifically QB WR timing takes a while. Then add to the fact that the East got down early forcing QBs to press and it can result in a 'bad' game.

Rather he's a true frosh or RS frosh, he's going to have weight on his shoulders.

If you draw any sort of conclusion from the AA game, especially concerning QBs, you don't know much about the game of football.

Working on center QB exchange and then specifically QB WR timing takes a while. Then add to the fact that the East got down early forcing QBs to press and it can result in a 'bad' game.

Rather he's a true frosh or RS frosh, he's going to have weight on his shoulders.

You can conclude exactly what I have stated.
Jacob has no experience at all taking snaps from center. He is still a kid and putting Him at the top of a depth chart right away as MANY ON THIS BOARD HAVE ADVOCATED would be a mistake.
I don't think a QB depth chart would be useful till at least late spring.

You can conclude exactly what I have stated.
Jacob has no experience at all taking snaps from center. He is still a kid and putting Him at the top of a depth chart right away as MANY ON THIS BOARD HAVE ADVOCATED would be a mistake.
I don't think a QB depth chart would be useful till at least late spring.

Again, you can't draw conclusions from an allstar game and I've already stated why you can't and I'm not going to explain it again.

I would agree wth your comment of jumping the gun on the depth chart if we had a viable option, but we do not. Our last coaching staff dropped the ball in a big way with our current QB situation and we are paying the price.

All top rated QB recruits have pressure on them from the get go and whether Eason starts game 1 or midseason or next year, the pressure will be the same.

While our team is transitioning with a new coaching staff, might as well have him come in, take majority snaps and get him experience. Lambert is what he is and only has 1 year left and Ramsey makes poor decisions and doesn't prepare like a starting QB should. We're not winning the East with our current QBs.

Again, you can't draw conclusions from an allstar game and I've already stated why you can't and I'm not going to explain it again.

I would agree wth your comment of jumping the gun on the depth chart if we had a viable option, but we do not. Our last coaching staff dropped the ball in a big way with our current QB situation and we are paying the price.

All top rated QB recruits have pressure on them from the get go and whether Eason starts game 1 or midseason or next year, the pressure will be the same.

While our team is transitioning with a new coaching staff, might as well have him come in, take majority snaps and get him experience. Lambert is what he is and only has 1 year left and Ramsey makes poor decisions and doesn't prepare like a starting QB should. We're not winning the East with our current QBs.
Not win the East? But,but,but there is kirby on the sideline.

Reactions: mikul1
IconLOL.gif

we will utk they still have that idot and there new idot we put up 24 on them Flordia give me a break m still no Qb .

Iconrotflmao.gif

Yes, we know you think Smart is a complete failure before he even takes the field and he is a terrible hire. You've made that known many times now. Every post you make is dumber than the last.

Yes, we know you think Smart is a complete failure before he even takes the field and he is a terrible hire. You've made that known many times now. Every post you make is dumber than the last.
Y you read them?

There is a clear option to jumping the gun on the depth chart, just don't do it. It wouldn't hold Jacob back a minute. Either He'll show He's ready or He won't. It would serve no purpose in the least to just hand over the keys before He's ready to drive.
What I saw yesterday does make a point. The big arm means nothing till JE is prepared to unitize it well.

There is a clear option to jumping the gun on the depth chart, just don't do it. It wouldn't hold Jacob back a minute. Either He'll show He's ready or He won't. It would serve no purpose in the least to just hand over the keys before He's ready to drive.
What I saw yesterday does make a point. The big arm means nothing till JE is prepared to unitize it well.

Getting him practice/game experience this season/off season would absolutely hold a purpose. It would prepare him better specifically for '17. The last thing we need to do is what CMR did this past season and have 3 QBs splitting reps with the first team all the way up til game one, or worse yet having Lambert eat up majority snaps in practice before the season. Eventually, Lambert would struggle in a game like he has already shown us and the last thing we need to do is thrust Eason in if and when Lambert gets pulled.

What you saw in the allstar game is irrelevant, good or bad. QBs only have a limited amount of time working with the other WRs. I saw several missed throws due to timing issues, not b/c 'he's not ready.'

Give him the keys and let him take majority snaps and let's get him ready.

Getting him practice/game experience this season/off season would absolutely hold a purpose. It would prepare him better specifically for '17. The last thing we need to do is what CMR did this past season and have 3 QBs splitting reps with the first team all the way up til game one, or worse yet having Lambert eat up majority snaps in practice before the season. Eventually, Lambert would struggle in a game like he has already shown us and the last thing we need to do is thrust Eason in if and when Lambert gets pulled.

What you saw in the allstar game is irrelevant, good or bad. QBs only have a limited amount of time working with the other WRs. I saw several missed throws due to timing issues, not b/c 'he's not ready.'

Give him the keys and let him take majority snaps and let's get him ready.

He will get plenty of reps, but not at the expense of giving Him a starter's position before He both earns it and it's clear He's the best option. If that takes the spring, fine. If He's not the best option, then He can redshirt and be better prepared in 2017.
To say Saturday was just about timing is denial, Our coaches will be, and should be more honest with JE about where He's at.

He will get plenty of reps, but not at the expense of giving Him a starter's position before He both earns it and it's clear He's the best option. If that takes the spring, fine. If He's not the best option, then He can redshirt and be better prepared in 2017.
To say Saturday was just about timing is denial, Our coaches will be, and should be more honest with JE about where He's at.

RS him til '17 would be a huge mistake. Again, we know what we already have and both are not SEC caliber QBs. RS would be a disservice to him and UGA...zero game experience??? You can't be that naive.

I never said Saturday was just about timing, but rather a major factor. Your OP about him not being ready based on an allstar game shows your lack of football knowledge.

I'm not saying Smart is going to have a meeting with all 3 QBs and say Eason is the starter out of the gate, but him 'earning' it in practice will be and should be a formality. Anything else will just be a delay of the inevitable.

RS him til '17 would be a huge mistake. Again, we know what we already have and both are not SEC caliber QBs. RS would be a disservice to him and UGA...zero game experience??? You can't be that naive.

I never said Saturday was just about timing, but rather a major factor. Your OP about him not being ready based on an allstar game shows your lack of football knowledge.

I'm not saying Smart is going to have a meeting with all 3 QBs and say Eason is the starter out of the gate, but him 'earning' it in practice will be and should be a formality. Anything else will just be a delay of the inevitable.

It wouldn't be a mistake to RS Eason if He's not ready.
We only know what Schotty got from Lambert and Ramsey, both have the physical ability to be very good SEC level QBs. Who can say Chaney won't be able to bring out the best in one of them ?
My OP is spot on. We saw Eason isn't comfortable under center, that is not being ready to run Our offense in itself. That doesn't mean he WON'T BE ready come September, but it's another reason not to just anoint Him 1st team.

I agree. No anointing. Always bad joojoo to worship 18 and 19 year olds. I don't think Coach Smart has an anoint button. But hardly no way Eason wont be ready to play THIS year. Maybe not start. Maybe not every play every game. But I think he is going to get OJT rather than RS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT