ADVERTISEMENT

Wear a mask, stop the spread.

At the Oconee Home Depot I went to yesterday, it was no more than 75% masked, 25% unmasked no matter what they say about policy. I understand Atlanta is worse.
I am in Decatur and I rarely see someone without a mask anywhere inside. Frankly, I have no clue how helpful masks are but I don’t think they hurt. Just not a big deal to me to throw it on

No clogger has ever tested positive.
tenor.gif

Last edited:
the issue is cases are rising, if you believe that, mask usage is at a historic high. Something isn’t jiving.
There are still large amounts of people who do not wear masks and will not. You keep saying that everyone e is wearing masks and it is still spreading? This is not true. You are seeing it play out right in front of you with the people in Trumps orbit, all the maskless senators and congressmen. Oh, and not to mention all the folks on the chat who don’t wear them. I got carry out from a local restaurant Friday night, as I sat in The curbside pickup space, the restaurant was packed with no maskers, people walking up wearing no masks and walking in, there were people waiting inside in the veranda/table waiting area in closed quarters not wearing masks, also, outside in line waiting for a table , all congregating together, no masks. That is why all the doctors, scientists, are still saying wear a mask! Your statements about everyone is wearing masks and it is still spreading is dumb and not true.

Key word here is “initially.” Then, when they found out more information through research, they discovered that masks do, in fact, help very much. This is like saying “astronomers initially said there were no other planets other than Earth.”
And then there is this. But keep believing masks will save you from a virus with a death rate 1.34%. And stay at home because you might get it and get sick for a few days.

Frankly, I have no clue how helpful masks are but I don’t think they hurt.

Well, I do. I have posted this before but I am a certified trainer for the use as well as fitment for full and half face respirators. I understand filtration of chemicals, gasses and viruses and the protocols for the systems designed to keep people safe as they exit contaminated areas.

So, if you are wearing a cloth or paper surgical mask more than once, pulling it down regularly to take a deep breath or to speak to a friend of spending more than a few minutes in a contaminated area, you aren't getting much protection, if any and are likely doing as much harm carrying around a possibly contaminated item you keep putting on your face.

Folks working with viruses or entering known areas where deadly pathogens are present use self contained suits for a reason. Covid is not deadly enough for this type of action but nobody that knows what they are doing would grab a cloth mask off their rear view mirror and enter an area contaminated by a virus and think they were being protected.

Now, I have always been a person that socially distances and avoids being herded and I'll wear a mask in crowded shops etc because I know it makes some folks more comfortable. I don't think it's a big deal. I also understand that I'll likely be exposed to the virus if I haven't been already but the protection I will get comes from my own immune system and trying to keep vitamin D and zinc in my system. It's really not complicated.

And then there is this. But keep believing masks will save you from a virus with a death rate 1.34%. And stay at home because you might get it and get sick for a few days.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ again, as I stated above, wearing a mask is not 100% effective (no one ever claimed it was) and it’s not the ONLY precaution to take (no one ever said it was). Also, I’ve known several people who have gotten this virus. Some it didn’t affect at all. Others (even younger people), it hit VERY hard. Some wore masks, but did nothing else to help prevent it. Others (most) did not wear masks. And out of those that did not wear masks, a couple said they HAD wore masks (they later admitted they did not).
Also, this article (from....brietbart? Lolol) is based off of 154 case patients against 160 control patients. What about the other 12+ million people?
But you keep believing that this is nothing (although hundreds of thousands have died, our hospitals are tied up, millions of people have severe sickness due to the virus, etc). Keep believing that masks do nothing (even though they have been proven time and time again that they do). I understand you guys on here don’t like facts and science. But, at some point, you may come to find out for yourself how bad this actually is and post a video online retracting your statements from a hospital bed like many others have. I pray that never happens to anyone.

Last edited:
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ again, as I stated above, wearing a mask is not 100% effective (no one ever claimed it was) and it’s not the ONLY precaution to take (no one ever said it was). Also, I’ve known several people who have gotten this virus. Some it didn’t affect at all. Others (even younger people), it hit VERY hard. Some wore masks, but did nothing else to help prevent it. Others (most) did not wear masks. And out of those that did not wear masks, a couple said they HAD wore masks (they later admitted they did not).
Also, this article is based off of 154 case patients against 160 control patients. What about the other 12+ million people?
But you keep believing that this is nothing (although hundreds of thousands have died, our hospitals are tied up, millions of people have severe sickness due to the virus, etc). Keep believing that masks do nothing (even though they have been proven time and time again that they do). I understand you guys on here don’t like facts and science. But, at some point, you may come to find out for yourself how bad this actually is and post a video online retracting your statements from a hospital bed like many others have. I pray that never happens to anyone.
What I find interesting is over on the vent, there have been several posts recently made asking others what their Covid experience has been. Amazingly, a majority of the people who have gotten Covid, are people who have also claimed to be non maskers. Several have claimed to have had Covid twice(herd immunity anyone?) most have described how hard the sickness was, how it took them weeks to recover, all the horrible symptoms. Most have somewhere in their comments that this thing is real, it sucks, and do what you can to avoid it. So, the question is, even if masks offer a small percentage of help(which has been scientifically proven it helps tremendously), why would you not wear a mask as much as possible? Why make it a political issue? Why not do what you can to help out you, your family, your country, and your fellow man?

Also, this article (from....brietbart? Lolol) is based off of 154 case patients against 160 control patients. What about the other 12+ million people?
There's ao much wrong with your post, I have no idea where to begin.
Hospitals are not tied up. Millions don't have severe sickness because of the virus. The "science" is not settled on this at all. In fact, it's strange the party of science believes, there are 52 genders, that men can have periods, and babies in the womb are nothing but a clump of cells until they emerge and miraculously become human. Somehow in the liberal world a drug safely used for 50 years and touted and used effectively for early treatment of covid had somehow become to dangerous to use and was banned. I actually don't care whether you or anyone else wears a mask if you like it, do it. China and other Asian countries don't require them in spite of what is being reported. The "science" here is way too political. Explain to me why you should wear a mask in your car, on the beach, on the sidewalk, in a park, in your home, etc. Mask mandates aren't science based and you know it. As far whether I get it and wind up in a hospital, if that happens it happens. I'm 72, with a serious comorbidity. I have three children and ten grandchildren. I'm not going to stay locked up and not see them. If I get the virus and die, It'll be on my own terms and I won't regret one day that I "endangered" my life to see them. I know too many people with loved ones in nursing homes who aren't able to see them and they are so depressed an upset by these silly rules that it's wearing on their mental well being worse than any two week sickness could ever be. The "science" on this is political. And it also criminal.

Last edited:
Hospitals are not tied up. Millions don't have severe sickness because of the virus. The "science" is not settled on this at all. In fact, it's strange the party of science believes, there are 52 genders, that men can have periods, and babies in the womb are nothing but a clump of cells until they emerge and miraculously become human. Somehow in the liberal world a drug safely used for 50 years and touted and used effectively for early treatment of covid had somehow become to dangerous to use and was banned. I actually don't care whether you or anyone else wears a mask my if you like it, do it. China and other Asian countries don't require them in spite of what is being reported. The "science" here is way too political. Explain to me why you should wear a mask in your car, on the beach, on the sidewalk, in a park, in your home, etc. Mask mandates aren't science based and you know it. As far whether I get it and wind up in a hospital, if that happens it happens. I'm 72, with a serious comorbidity. I have three children and ten grandchildren. I'm not going to stay locked up and not see them. If I get the virus and die, It'll be on my own terms and I won't regret one day that I "endangered" my life to see them. I know too many people with loved ones in nursing homes who aren't able to see them and they are so depressed an upset by these silly rules that it's wearing on their mental well being worse than any two week sickness could ever be. The "science" on this is political. And it also criminal.

mask adoption is substantially higher in Asian countries than in western countries with or without mandates. People don’t consider masks to be a political statement in Asian countries, so they don’t have to mandate them - people already wear them independent of a formal mandate. Below are a couple links to substantiate my point.

And are you seriously claiming China’s COVID restrictions weren’t far more severe than those in the US?

I’m not going to tell you not to live the last years of your life because that’s a complex decision you have to make yourself, but stop lying about reality.

Hospitals are not tied up. Millions don't have severe sickness because of the virus. The "science" is not settled on this at all. In fact, it's strange the party of science believes, there are 52 genders, that men can have periods, and babies in the womb are nothing but a clump of cells until they emerge and miraculously become human. Somehow in the liberal world a drug safely used for 50 years and touted and used effectively for early treatment of covid had somehow become to dangerous to use and was banned. I actually don't care whether you or anyone else wears a mask my if you like it, do it. China and other Asian countries don't require them in spite of what is being reported. The "science" here is way too political. Explain to me why you should wear a mask in your car, on the beach, on the sidewalk, in a park, in your home, etc. Mask mandates aren't science based and you know it. As far whether I get it and wind up in a hospital, if that happens it happens. I'm 72, with a serious comorbidity. I have three children and ten grandchildren. I'm not going to stay locked up and not see them. If I get the virus and die, It'll be on my own terms and I won't regret one day that I "endangered" my life to see them. I know too many people with loved ones in nursing homes who aren't able to see them and they are so depressed an upset by these silly rules that it's wearing on their mental well being worse than any two week sickness could ever be. The "science" on this is political. And it also criminal.
Your whole argument is a long, long list of straw man arguments.
-Hospitals are, in fact, tied up.
-I never said millions have severe sickness due to the virus.
-science is never officially settled, as it is always studied. However, there are many factual conclusion that have already been made about all of this. And none of them involve disregarding masks.
-I have said nothing about genders, babies, or periods. But cool.
-what drug was banned that was effectively used for COVID? Hydroxychloroquine? You should do more research there.
-science is not political. Science is science. Just because you don’t want to wear a mask does not mean that the science is political. This is a WORLD problem. It goes way outside of the boundaries of the USA and political parties within.
-I never said someone should wear a mask in their car, beach, sidewalk, park, home, etc. If you’re alone, go for it. If you’re near others who do not live in your home, wear a mask. Simple.
-The mandate is, in fact, based off of scientific studies from all over the world.
-As for you saying “I’m 72...if it happens, it happens.” That’s fine for you to say about yourself. However, you’re putting OTHERS at risk. This is what it boils down to: people who are so adamant about not wearing masks give none of their fellow human beings any consideration. It comes down to your selfishness. Your selfishness is putting others in danger.

mask adoption is substantially higher in Asian countries than in western countries with or without mandates. People don’t consider masks to be a political statement in Asian countries, so they don’t have to mandate them - people already wear them independent of a formal mandate. Below are a couple links to substantiate my point.

And are you seriously claiming China’s COVID restrictions weren’t far more severe than those in the US?

I’m not going to tell you not to live the last years of your life because that’s a complex decision you have to make yourself, but stop lying about reality.

People in Asian countries wear masks when they're sick in order to prevent others from catching what they have. They don't normally wear them when they are asymptomatic. And if you'll look at video's of their festivals you'll see that is correct.

People in Asian countries wear masks when they're sick in order to prevent others from catching what they have. They don't normally wear them when they are asymptomatic. And if you'll look at video's of their festivals you'll see that is correct.
We are being asked to wear masks for the exact same reason. Unfortunately, someone can still get the virus from those who have it but are asymptomatic.

Reactions: celticdawg
Your whole argument is a long, long list of straw man arguments.
-Hospitals are, in fact, tied up.
-I never said millions have severe sickness due to the virus.
-science is never officially settled, as it is always studied. However, there are many factual conclusion that have already been made about all of this. And none of them involve disregarding masks.
-I have said nothing about genders, babies, or periods. But cool.
-what drug was banned that was effectively used for COVID? Hydroxychloroquine? You should do more research there.
-science is not political. Science is science. Just because you don’t want to wear a mask does not mean that the science is political. This is a WORLD problem. It goes way outside of the boundaries of the USA and political parties within.
-I never said someone should wear a mask in their car, beach, sidewalk, park, home, etc. If you’re alone, go for it. If you’re near others who do not live in your home, wear a mask. Simple.
-The mandate is, in fact, based off of scientific studies from all over the world.
-As for you saying “I’m 72...if it happens, it happens.” That’s fine for you to say about yourself. However, you’re putting OTHERS at risk. This is what it boils down to: people who are so adamant about not wearing masks give none of their fellow human beings any consideration. It comes down to your selfishness. Your selfishness is putting others in danger.
There are currently two states where their hospitals are "tied up" at 25% of their capacity with covid patients, the rest are 20% or less. But I guess that means they're overwhelmed in your mind.
Your words -- (although hundreds of thousands have died, our hospitals are tied up, millions of people have severe sickness due to the virus, etc)
If science is not politcal, why is facebook, twitter, google and the mainstream media censuring studies from scientists that have differing views from their preferred and chosen ones?
You agreed with the mask mandates that require you to do exactly what you just said you never said. How am I putting others at risk? By living? Have you been shopping, to a restaurant, to church? If so you are putting others at risk as well.

There are currently two states where their hospitals are "tied up" at 25% of their capacity with covid patients, the rest are 20% or less. But I guess that means they're overwhelmed in your mind.
Your words -- (although hundreds of thousands have died, our hospitals are tied up, millions of people have severe sickness due to the virus, etc)
If science is not politcal, why is facebook, twitter, google and the mainstream media censuring studies from scientists that have differing views from their preferred and chosen ones?
You agreed with the mask mandates that require you to do exactly what you just said you never said. How am I putting others at risk? By living? Have you been shopping, to a restaurant, to church? If so you are putting others at risk as well.
-Not sure where you’re getting your information. Several states have hospitals overwhelmed. Texas, Nevada, Idaho, Kansas, Maryland, etc.
-Yes, you’re right. I, in fact, did say that millions were in hospitals with severe sickness due to the virus. Where I 100% believe that to be the case (because it is), the confusion comes with a couple of words I left out, which changed the meaning of my sentence. The sentence I thought I wrote was “millions of people have severe sickness *and are impacted* due to the virus.” It ties in with the previous statement on hospitals. But, I’ll take that lump since I did not write the sentence correctly.
-Media is not science. Science is science. And science is not political. Also, many of those studies that are “blocked” have a lot of disinformation in them.
-you put others at risk by refusing to wear a mask with the possibility of spreading the virus to them.
-To be honest, no. Haven’t been out shopping. I get things delivered to my house. I haven’t gone to a church building, either. However, when I DO think I’ll be around others, I take precautions, such as wearing a mask, distancing, sanitizing, etc. Quite different than going outside and ignoring those precautions.

No we're not. We're asked to wear them all the time even without symptoms. Get your story straight.
My story is correct. Your reading is bad. We are being asked to wear a mask to prevent others from contracting a virus from ourselves. But, if you could read, I also stated that the virus can still spread from those who are asymptomatic. Put your reading glasses on.

send me a link to videos from this year amid COVID please

Reactions: Bwgiddens
-Not sure where you’re getting your information. Several states have hospitals overwhelmed. Texas, Nevada, Idaho, Kansas, Maryland, etc.
-Yes, you’re right. I, in fact, did say that millions were in hospitals with severe sickness due to the virus. Where I 100% believe that to be the case (because it is), the confusion comes with a couple of words I left out, which changed the meaning of my sentence. The sentence I thought I wrote was “millions of people have severe sickness *and are impacted* due to the virus.” It ties in with the previous statement on hospitals. But, I’ll take that lump since I did not write the sentence correctly.
-Media is not science. Science is science. And science is not political. Also, many of those studies that are “blocked” have a lot of disinformation in them.
-you put others at risk by refusing to wear a mask with the possibility of spreading the virus to them.
-To be honest, no. Haven’t been out shopping. I get things delivered to my house. I haven’t gone to a church building, either. However, when I DO think I’ll be around others, I take precautions, such as wearing a mask, distancing, sanitizing, etc. Quite different than going outside and ignoring those precautions.
I feel sorry for you. That's a sad life

Reactions: JudgeLarryDawg
My story is correct. Your reading is bad. We are being asked to wear a mask to prevent others from contracting a virus from ourselves. But, if you could read, I also stated that the virus can still spread from those who are asymptomatic. Put your reading glasses on.
You can't even comprehend what you write. And you forget what you write a minute after you post. Did you and Biden using the same method of writing and research in college?

Reactions: Jett Rink
Yeah the hospitals in every state are overwhelmed with Covid patients. Its so sad they can't get anyone else in. Texas has 12% of their beds full with Covid patients! They only have 88% capacity for regular illnesses, how could anyone ever get in??

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
You can't even comprehend what you write. And you forget what you write a minute after you post. Did you and Biden using the same method of writing and research in college?
I can comprehend what I write. Doesn’t surprise me that you can’t, though. My posts are filled with facts, which are difficult for people like you to comprehend. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂
I also didn’t forget what I wrote. I thought I had written out the sentence as planned. But I didn’t. I corrected it. And THIS was the best response you could come up with? Yyyyyyyyikes.

I can comprehend what I write. Doesn’t surprise me that you can’t, though. My posts are filled with facts, which are difficult for people like you to comprehend. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I also didn’t forget what I wrote. I thought I had written out the sentence as planned. But I didn’t. I corrected it. And THIS was the best response you could come up with? Yyyyyyyyikes.
Full of facts? Opinions aren't facts, partisan talking points aren't facts, and the news media is nothing but an arm of democrat party. I bet you watched every minute of the Cuomos and DeBlasio and cheered them on. Its been fun, but I'm tired and I have to go out and spread the virus around before I go to bed. Think of something that is actually provable and repeatable and then maybe we can make some real headway. I'm Out.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
Yeah the hospitals in every state are overwhelmed with Covid patients. Its so sad they can't get anyone else in. Texas has 12% of their beds full with Covid patients! They only have 88% capacity for regular illnesses, how could anyone ever get in??
Seems like you grossly misunderstand what this chart is showing.
1- you’re saying that they have 88% capacity for other patients. But they don’t. Because in your dumb math, you forgot that there are other people already in the hospitals. Hospitals aren’t just occupied by COVID patients. Those numbers show how many COVID patients are in the hospital, but leave out the other numbers of illnesses that occupy the rest of the hospitals. So that 88% gets whittled WAY down with the amt of people who are already there and people who will be there in the future. NO ONE is claiming that ONLY COVID patients are in the hospital. Don’t be dumb, putter. Don’t be dumb.
2- the data for hospital capacity is a couple of years old.
3-if hospitals aren’t being overwhelmed and at capacity, please tell me why places like El Paso had to turn a convention center into an emergency site with hospital beds, why people are being airlifted out of the city because their hospitals are too full, doctors in Lubbock state that their hospitals are full and cannot take anyone else, Odessa nurses and doctors are saying they cannot afford any more hospital beds, hospitals are understaffed due to the amt of patients AND because their staff are getting sick, etc. Hospitals here in Wisconsin are having to convert other spaces to accommodate hospital beds.
I mean.....good lord, guy. You think they are doing that for fun?

Full of facts? Opinions aren't facts, partisan talking points aren't facts, and the news media is nothing but an arm of democrat party. I bet you watched every minute of the Cuomos and DeBlasio and cheered them on. Its been fun, but I'm tired and I have to go out and spread the virus around before I go to bed. Think of something that is actually provable and repeatable and then maybe we can make some real headway. I'm Out.
You’re right. Opinions aren’t facts. Facts are facts. And I’ve given them to you. It’s up to you to accept them.
You have to go spread the virus around? Cool. In the very limited time you have left in your life, I hope you’re able to develop compassion.
Ive shown you provable and repeatable stuff this entire time. But it doesn’t surprise me that your old (edited for cold, but deserved, harshness) brain doesn’t understand it. It happens at your age.

Last edited:
Taken from my online hometown paper:

Calling the coronavirus spread “very alarming and very disturbing,” the director of the Georgia Department of Public Health Northwest District delivered perhaps his most impactful update yet on Friday.

Asked whether conditions would be getting better or worse soon, Dr. Gary Voccio wasted no time in responding: “It’s going to get worse.” That includes not only the 10 counties in the Northwest region but also Northeast Alabama, Southwest Tennessee and the rest of our state and the country, he says.

The spread isn’t confined to one specific area, Voccio says. Heightened reports are coming in from healthcare facilities, prisons, hospitals, schools, courthouses and other high-volume areas, he says.

Why he’s alarmed:

• All 10 counties in the Northwest Georgia region are seeing a surge in cases. All 10 have positivity test rates about 10%. In some areas, it is approaching 20%.
  • The district is seeing 40 to 50 new cases a day. Testing had been about 500 people a day but that’s now doubled. Those tests are averaging a 14 percent positivity rate. (Floyd was 14.3%, Bartow was 15.1%, Gordon was 15.2%, Polk was 16.8% and Chattooga, 9.1%)
  • The average age of those testing positive remains low, around 38.
  • Translated: Dudes, there's no reason NOT to wear your mask (this last part is my opinion)
  • Except of course when you're outside, playing golf

Seems like you grossly misunderstand what this chart is showing.
1- you’re saying that they have 88% capacity for other patients. But they don’t. Because in your dumb math, you forgot that there are other people already in the hospitals. Hospitals aren’t just occupied by COVID patients. Those numbers show how many COVID patients are in the hospital, but leave out the other numbers of illnesses that occupy the rest of the hospitals. So that 88% gets whittled WAY down with the amt of people who are already there and people who will be there in the future. NO ONE is claiming that ONLY COVID patients are in the hospital. Don’t be dumb, putter. Don’t be dumb.
2- the data for hospital capacity is a couple of years old.
3-if hospitals aren’t being overwhelmed and at capacity, please tell me why places like El Paso had to turn a convention center into an emergency site with hospital beds, why people are being airlifted out of the city because their hospitals are too full, doctors in Lubbock state that their hospitals are full and cannot take anyone else, Odessa nurses and doctors are saying they cannot afford any more hospital beds, hospitals are understaffed due to the amt of patients AND because their staff are getting sick, etc. Hospitals here in Wisconsin are having to convert other spaces to accommodate hospital beds.
I mean.....good lord, guy. You think they are doing that for fun?
The data I gave you was current. You just refuse to believe the truth. If you think all the hospitals in Texas (which is one of the states you named) are slammed because 12% of their beds are occupied with covid patients, you really are an alarmist. You just make up stuff whenever your facts turn out to be made up garbage. El Paso is an anomaly because its a border city and are dealing with covid patients from Mexico and most are in fact Mexicans. In spite of that, their Trauma service area has, at this moment, 537 available hospital beds, 83 available ICU beds, and 272 available ventilators. But we're all going to die. Chicken Little you are. Stay at home, order delivery, watch tv and make up facts. That's what you good at. Truth and rational thought, not so much.

The cute tag line for 2020. I see posts and whatnot asking for prayers about someone who “did everything right” and still got it. Cases are on the rise contrary to mask usage increasing. You can find a study to support your side so basically studies are bs. Using my self as a case study, I have rarely if ever worn a mask. Only inside a Publix or Home Depot. I haven’t stopped working every day since the beginning. I’m out and about all day long visiting hundreds of job sites, meeting with people all day, in and out of gas stations weekly even traveling to different states to hunt. I’ve yet to catch. I don’t say this to brag, I could catch it tomorrow, I say this to say if masks are so damn effective how came all this these other folks who wear them and bunker up catch it and I haven’t yet? If you want to wear a mask fine but don’t piss on my boot and tell me it’s raining.
I'd tell you to look at South Korea as a good example. Outside in public people wear masks only when walking in heavy traffic parts of the country. Inside everyone does it. The spread rate in a city like Seoul is very low in comparison to cities in America of similar density. The issue is that if 20% of the population chooses to never wear a mask I would imagine the spread in Seoul would be much worse like it is here. I understand the whole argument of small gov't, but there is real life evidence of masks severely slowing the spread.

Reactions: Jimy jenga
The data I gave you was current. You just refuse to believe the truth. If you think all the hospitals in Texas (which is one of the states you named) are slammed because 12% of their beds are occupied with covid patients, you really are an alarmist. You just make up stuff whenever your facts turn out to be made up garbage. El Paso is an anomaly because its a border city and are dealing with covid patients from Mexico and most are in fact Mexicans. In spite of that, their Trauma service area has, at this moment, 537 available hospital beds, 83 available ICU beds, and 272 available ventilators. But we're all going to die. Chicken Little you are. Stay at home, order delivery, watch tv and make up facts. That's what you good at. Truth and rational thought, not so much.
Not all of it. It says at the top of the page that you sent a link to that the capacity counts are from 2018.
I’ve given you straight up things that are actually happening in states that show that hospitals are being overwhelmed. If you don’t believe it, that’s on you. El Paso is not an anomaly. There are hospitals ALL over that are having to do the same thing. Even here in Wisconsin (which I also mentioned in the post). Other places, too. You can turn a blind eye to what’s happening around you. Doesn’t mean that it’s not happening, because it is. Your ignorance, willful or not, is why this country is a straight up mess. Congrats on being part of the problem.

What I find interesting is over on the vent, there have been several posts recently made asking others what their Covid experience has been. Amazingly, a majority of the people who have gotten Covid, are people who have also claimed to be non maskers. Several have claimed to have had Covid twice(herd immunity anyone?) most have described how hard the sickness was, how it took them weeks to recover, all the horrible symptoms. Most have somewhere in their comments that this thing is real, it sucks, and do what you can to avoid it. So, the question is, even if masks offer a small percentage of help(which has been scientifically proven it helps tremendously), why would you not wear a mask as much as possible? Why make it a political issue? Why not do what you can to help out you, your family, your country, and your fellow man?
I wear a mask 95% of the places I go so we are on the same page here. But the answer is a simple one: if teh gov't (mostly left on this issue) tells people "these are the rules and you should follow them" will automatically go against them. It's the mentality of small gov't and anytime they try to tell you what to do you go against them.
See all the comments calling people sheep or that we are being tricked into being controlled...

Not all of it. It says at the top of the page that you sent a link to that the capacity counts are from 2018.
I’ve given you straight up things that are actually happening in states that show that hospitals are being overwhelmed. If you don’t believe it, that’s on you. El Paso is not an anomaly. There are hospitals ALL over that are having to do the same thing. Even here in Wisconsin (which I also mentioned in the post). Other places, too. You can turn a blind eye to what’s happening around you. Doesn’t mean that it’s not happening, because it is. Your ignorance, willful or not, is why this country is a straight up mess. Congrats on being part of the problem.
After reading this entire chain, I noticed that you keep banging the drum on facts, facts, facts. In reality, you provide very few facts and basically zero data to back up your claims - just anecdotal stories. A sampling below:

You: "I, in fact, did say that millions were in hospitals with severe sickness due to the virus. Where I 100% believe that to be the case (because it is), the confusion comes with a couple of words I left out,..." There are currently about 80,000 people total in hospitals in the entire US due to Covid. There are only around 1,000,000 total hospital beds in the US. So your "fact" that there are millions in hospital is just wrong. Just because you "100% believe" something, doesn't mean it's correct.

You: "Also, I’ve known several people who have gotten this virus. Some it didn’t affect at all. Others (even younger people), it hit VERY hard. Some wore masks, but did nothing else to help prevent it. Others (most) did not wear masks. And out of those that did not wear masks, a couple said they HAD wore masks (they later admitted they did not).
Also, this article (from....brietbart? Lolol) is based off of 154 case patients against 160 control patients. What about the other 12+ million people? " You continue to cite anecdotal and personal observations and not data. Maybe you are right that masks are effecting in stopping the spread of Covid, and there is evidence that would support that. However, there is also lots of evidence and theories that masks might not actually be all that effective. One example is the article you dismissed because it was from Breitbart. While you might think Breitbart is a bad source, the article is quoting and analyzing a CDC study (link below). https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6936a5-H.pdf

You: "Several states have hospitals overwhelmed. Texas, Nevada, Idaho, Kansas, Maryland, etc." There are clearly some hotspots and specific hospitals with challenges, but there is a big difference between a state's hospital system being overwhelmed and a state having a few specific hospitals with increased hospitalizations.

You: "if hospitals aren’t being overwhelmed and at capacity, please tell me why places like El Paso had to turn a convention center into an emergency site with hospital beds, why people are being airlifted out of the city because their hospitals are too full, doctors in Lubbock state that their hospitals are full and cannot take anyone else, Odessa nurses and doctors are saying they cannot afford any more hospital beds, hospitals are understaffed..." While these might technically be "facts," they can often be misleading or exaggerate an issue when presented without data or context to support. I would encourage you to read this twitter thread, it is eye opening. It shows about 12 headlines/article quotes regarding overwhelmed hospitals, flying in nurses from other locations, diverting ambulances to other hospitals, etc. They read just like articles and stories from Covid, but they are actually from 2018. Covid is clearly worse than the 2018 flu season, but this helps put Covid in context and will make you think twice when reading sensational headlines.

You: "Also, I’ve known several people who have gotten this virus. Some it didn’t affect at all. Others (even younger people), it hit VERY hard. Some wore masks, but did nothing else to help prevent it. Others (most) did not wear masks. And out of those that did not wear masks, a couple said they HAD wore masks (they later admitted they did not).
Also, this article (from....brietbart? Lolol) is based off of 154 case patients against 160 control patients. What about the other 12+ million people? " You continue to cite anecdotal and personal observations and not data. Maybe you are right that masks are effecting in stopping the spread of Covid, and there is evidence that would support that. However, there is also lots of evidence and theories that masks might not actually be all that effective. One example is the article you dismissed because it was from Breitbart. While you might think Breitbart is a bad source, the article is quoting and analyzing a CDC study (link below). https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6936a5-H.pdf

That article does not say that masks are ineffective against protecting against COVID. You are wildly misconstruing the data and the discussion of the article. Breitbart very selectively used quotes out of context to build a case against masks despite the article never indicating mask use was ineffective in either data or discussion.

First, the article indicates the case-patient group was significantly more likely to have come into close contact with a person who is known to be positive for COVID, mostly family members. Second, the article says that the case-patient group was significantly more likely to engage in activities such as dining in a restaurant where mask use and social distancing is difficult to maintain, therefore limiting the effectiveness of wearing a mask.

The article in no way establishes that mask use is ineffective. The case-patient group and control group had relatively limited adoption of face mask use in public areas, but did not report wearing face masks while eating in a restaurant or while in private with family members (some of whom were known COVID positive).

The article advocates for increasing COVID protection protocols inside the home if a family member is COVID positive due to the prevalence of household transmission. It then advocates for increasing safety measures in restaurants and other public venues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT