ADVERTISEMENT

Well, if you didn’t believe Trump would be President again, before now…., it’s now been assured.

Really! When have you seen Billy Graham throw a homosexual off a roof? Com on man!
I mean your Bible literally says it:

Leviticus 20:13, which reads: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Reactions: mitchelldawg
Not exactly sure the Christians treat homosexuality much better…

Leviticus 20:13, which reads: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
Criticizes the Bible. Hope it works out for you.

The wages of sin is death. We are given the opportunity of eternal life with our creator, through his sacrifice of his life to pay the bill for all our sins( even yours). The Bible tells us to love one another, not to kill those we do not agree with. You must resist the temptation to twist the words of the Bible to justify your thoughts. We are to LOVE the sinners and help them to repent and stop their sinful ways. News flash…. We are all sinners, but we are forgiven. When you accept Christ into your heart you are transformed with a new hope and love for life. All things are possible through God. I am far from perfect and may not be the best representative for Christianity, but I try to help those in need and forgive those who have hurt or cheated me. Every life is sacred to God and he wants us all to come to him and nurture us. God ( or Christians ) would never condone killing someone for their beliefs. I think the only pardon for killing would be self defense or killing to protect others lives. I know we all go back and forth here, but I really feel like we are a family and care that all may know God’s love and forgiveness. I hope you have a great evening.

The wages of sin is death. We are given the opportunity of eternal life with our creator, through his sacrifice of his life to pay the bill for all our sins( even yours). The Bible tells us to love one another, not to kill those we do not agree with. You must resist the temptation to twist the words of the Bible to justify your thoughts. We are to LOVE the sinners and help them to repent and stop their sinful ways. News flash…. We are all sinners, but we are forgiven. When you accept Christ into your heart you are transformed with a new hope and love for life. All things are possible through God. I am far from perfect and may not be the best representative for Christianity, but I try to help those in need and forgive those who have hurt or cheated me. Every life is sacred to God and he wants us all to come to him and nurture us. God ( or Christians ) would never condone killing someone for their beliefs. I think the only pardon for killing would be self defense or killing to protect others lives. I know we all go back and forth here, but I really feel like we are a family and care that all may know God’s love and forgiveness. I hope you have a great evening.
Then help me justify the founding of the Southern Baptist Convention in 1845 and how that justifies with what you wrote above because a religion that can justify slavery can justify anything.

Then help me justify the founding of the Southern Baptist Convention in 1845 and how that justifies with what you wrote above because a religion that can justify slavery can justify anything.
I don’t know how it justified slavery. Slavery is wrong ….Period. There are many people in the position of power that do not always wield their power in the proper manner. I will tell you, even I were not born again, I condemn slavery on all occasions, it is never right. That is not what Christianity is about, many of the strongest Christians are African -American ( I hate using the hyphenated words) we are all Americans. I feel those words help to divide us. I can not answer for those to pervert God’s word, but I can say that is not right!

Reactions: jbpayne32
I don’t know how it justified slavery. Slavery is wrong ….Period. There are many people in the position of power that do not always wield their power in the proper manner. I will tell you, even I were not born again, I condemn slavery on all occasions, it is never right. That is not what Christianity is about, many of the strongest Christians are African -American ( I hate using the hyphenated words) we are all Americans. I feel those words help to divide us. I can not answer for those to pervert God’s word, but I can say that is not right!
Great response, but it just concerns me that religion can justify all kinds of atrocities, which is why I abstain. There’s no reason why a boy born in the Amazon who grows up and leads a life without sin without ever hearing the name Christ wouldn’t get in to heaven, so think I’m ok without accepting Christianity.

Great response, but it just concerns me that religion can justify all kinds of atrocities, which is why I abstain. There’s no reason why a boy born in the Amazon who grows up and leads a life without sin without ever hearing the name Christ wouldn’t get in to heaven, so think I’m ok without accepting Christianity.
Religion is carried out by humans. Remember all Humans are flawed, we are here to help and love each other, but back to the point we can not help but hurt, kill and tear down each other. I’m not being sarcastic when I say I will pray for you. I do care for my fellow humans. I am guilty of getting angry at others and losing my temper, but I try to prevent losing my cool and remember to look at other pints of view. I hope you have a great evening

Last edited:
Reactions: jbpayne32
Religion is carried out by humans. Remember all Humans are flawed, we are here to help and love each other, but back to the point we can not help but hurt, kill and tear down each other. I’m not being sarcastic when I say I will pray for you. I do care for my fellow humans. I am guilty of getting angry at others and losing my temper, but I try to prevent losing my cool and remember to look at other pints of view. I hope you have a great evening
You too, buddy

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
It’s certainly normal to question. I know that I’ve struggled with some of the same questions.

Here’s where we disagree. I’m fine with a candidate that is Christian, but I am absolutely not fine with a candidate that tries to promote laws that align with his/her faith. I want absolutely nothing to do with laws guided by Christian doctrine. The US never has been a Christian nation of government nor should it ever be. The idea of us being guided by the Bible for our laws is just as bad as a nation choosing to follow Sharia Law.
curious why do swearing in ceremonies include the Bible

Joy, for me, is when a liberal can sit back and laugh when he has no response to political debate.

Much like a Kamala cackle.

When you have no educated response, just laugh and act like you are more holy and wise.

Yes, joy.

Never discuss the opinion stated. Shout it down, hold it in contempt, and deny its justification. Hitler played that to perfection and destroyed his country and killed millions as he created racial hatred.

The key is in the act of central government control. When the central government reaches for control, we give up freedoms. The Fed was designed to support the states, not rule them. When states rights are weakened, our freedoms dwindle.

In my opinion, any citizen that desires control by the central government is a fool. History proves that point, not me.

We laugh, shout down and discourage public debate. And we do it because truth is discovered and agenda is found wanting when logic is displayed.

Just laugh and hide.
they are ramping up the next PLANdemic and will use everything they can to steal another election. Nothing has been secured.

Here’s where we disagree. I’m fine with a candidate that is Christian, but I am absolutely not fine with a candidate that tries to promote laws that align with his/her faith. I want absolutely nothing to do with laws guided by Christian doctrine. The US never has been a Christian nation of government nor should it ever be. The idea of us being guided by the Bible for our laws is just as bad as a nation choosing to follow Sharia Law.
not going to be rude here, but seriously, do you even understand Sharia Law?

With all respect, this is simply not accurate. The founding fathers were all deeply religious. There is significant amounts of evidence that speeches given by them were full of references to the bible, it's teachings and stories and even frequently included quotes from the bible. Don't take my word for it - look up some of the speeches for yourself. The US has "always" been a Christian nation. Seperation of church and state was completely describing the meddling of the catholic european church in the affairs of kings and queens in their time and before.
The Declaration of Independence is actually rooted in scripture - it's not hard to confirm this - take a few minutes to investigate yourself.
In truth, King George himself called the revolution a "black robe rebellion" because it was predominantly led by preachers. Our nation is rooted deeply in Christianity.
I know this doesn't fit the narrative and I don't mean to be argumentative toward you personally. But please understand that until the mid 1900's we were extremely rooted in and led by Christian values.
Did we always reflect that? That's another discussion. (ie slavery, womens sufferage, etc). But the desire to reflect the qualities directed by the bible and Christianity cannot be disputed.
JC

not going to be rude here, but seriously, do you even understand Sharia Law?
Yeah, it's pretty clear you don't as there are many interpretations of Sharia across predominantly Muslim countries throughout the world. Saudia Arabia, Iran and Afghanistan are not the only Muslim countries. And any group choosing to weaponize religion is bad, including Christians.

With all respect, this is simply not accurate. The founding fathers were all deeply religious. There is significant amounts of evidence that speeches given by them were full of references to the bible, it's teachings and stories and even frequently included quotes from the bible. Don't take my word for it - look up some of the speeches for yourself. The US has "always" been a Christian nation. Seperation of church and state was completely describing the meddling of the catholic european church in the affairs of kings and queens in their time and before.
The Declaration of Independence is actually rooted in scripture - it's not hard to confirm this - take a few minutes to investigate yourself.
In truth, King George himself called the revolution a "black robe rebellion" because it was predominantly led by preachers. Our nation is rooted deeply in Christianity.
I know this doesn't fit the narrative and I don't mean to be argumentative toward you personally. But please understand that until the mid 1900's we were extremely rooted in and led by Christian values.
Did we always reflect that? That's another discussion. (ie slavery, womens sufferage, etc). But the desire to reflect the qualities directed by the bible and Christianity cannot be disputed.
JC
I mean, the first sentence of the 1st amendment is pretty clear. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." Yes, most early American were Christians, but many were Deists and not religious at all...Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin among them. They very much understood the danger of an established religion guiding a nation, even with the best of intentions.

Look up the Virginia Statute for Religious Liberty written by Thomas Jefferson, if you don't believe me. Or read article 11 of the Treaty with Tripoli that Washington negotiated...“The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion….”

Last edited:
Reactions: mitchelldawg
I mean, the first sentence of the 1st amendment is pretty clear. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." Yes, most early American were Christians, but many were Deists and not religious at all...Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin among them. They very much understood the danger of an established religion guiding a nation, even with the best of intentions.

Look up the Virginia Statute for Religious Liberty written by Thomas Jefferson, if you don't believe me. Or read article 11 of the Treaty with Tripoli that Washington negotiated...“The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion….”
Ok, I'm not a historian. But it do understand and respect that the literal sense of that statement is not what true historians interpret it to mean. His audience was muslims and he was trying to stress that religion would not be held against them since the US was almost exclusively Christian. I don't have time to research that but I remember that specifically. Historically there are so many areas of our government based in Christianity that we can have this discussion all day. I'm not really here to argue. But to bluntly state we have no basis in Christianity denies history. Hope you have a great day and GO DAWGS - something we all have in common!
JC

Correct to "the nominee" and it's starting to look like PW got one right:

Fs6HuyOaYAAY1Rf

Correct to "the nominee" and it's starting to look like PW got one right:

Fs6HuyOaYAAY1Rf
I agree with @PotimusWillie literally 100% of the time, except this time. RDS hasn’t even announced yet. If he does, he wins. There will be a yuge shift after the first debate or whatever they have where both appear on the same stage. Trump’s speaking style has improved, but RDS is polished, politically savvy and will appear far more calm, dignified and Presidential while essentially agreeing with most if not all of Trump’s policies.

I agree with @PotimusWillie literally 100% of the time, except this time. RDS hasn’t even announced yet. If he does, he wins. There will be a yuge shift after the first debate or whatever they have where both appear on the same stage. Trump’s speaking style has improved, but RDS is polished, politically savvy and will appear far more calm, dignified and Presidential while essentially agreeing with most if not all of Trump’s policies.
I love the thought of DeSantis as president, but I would like for Trump to get back in and fix the Biden nightmare, then have DeSantis for two terms.

If Pubs nominate Trump, that tells me they don't really care about electing a Pub president.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT