ADVERTISEMENT

Who do folks want to see run for President in 2024?

Disagree on Trump. Common sense was his strong suit. Especially so in policy, but agree, not so much in his hiring. Barr and Wray being big disappointments.
i think you are both right. He has a lot of common sense but even more ego. Not saying that I would not vote for him but his ego is massive.

I won't consider voting for any republican who refuses to clearly denounce Trump's multi-part effort to steal the presidency after badly losing the last election. That leaves Cheney, Kinzinger and Romney, who I voted for in 2012 and who has conducted himself quite honorably through the mess of the last five years. However, he is already too old and had his chance in 2012.

I doubt Cheney or Kinzinger end up on the ticket. Perhaps someone new emerges from the state level.

For the Dems, there isn't really anyone today I am excited about. I'd like to see a candidate pool of people who are younger than 65, are generally socially progressive and fiscally moderate and with at least a few people with state instead of federal experience.

As has been the case with every election since 1988, I'll weigh the good and bad of each candidate and make a call.
This right here.

Hoping someone will emerge from the Pub ranks who's not tied into the Jan 6 axis, one way or the other. Someone who could win both the Pub nomination and the general election. I'd vote for Cheney or Kinzinger in the primary, but I doubt either one of them would win the Pub nomination.

Doubt seriously he'd ever run for federal office, but I'll vote for Brad Raffensperger every chance I get.

Disagree on Trump. Common sense was his strong suit. Especially so in policy, but agree, not so much in his hiring. Barr and Wray being big disappointments.
Not his strong suit, but hard to hire when everybody up there is a traitor. I think he should just go outside for nominees and put the best one he can find that is already there as acting head, since they won’t confirm anybody that likes the actual country. Just do better with the non-confirmation positions and ride the rest out with acting heads of agencies. Nominate real people and expose the Congress that won’t confirm them even more. Keep the RINO purge going.

Reactions: oldmandawg
This right here.

Hoping someone will emerge from the Pub ranks who's not tied into the Jan 6 axis, one way or the other. Someone who could win both the Pub nomination and the general election. I'd vote for Cheney or Kinzinger in the primary, but I doubt either one of them would win the Pub nomination.

Doubt seriously he'd ever run for federal office, but I'll vote for Brad Raffensperger every chance I get.
@Chopdawg75 why? No one in IL can stand Kinzinger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT