ADVERTISEMENT

Will RFK Jr. endorsement move the needle, especially in the swing states?

BlessedDawg

Diehard supporter
Jan 17, 2020
It just seems to me that most RFK Jr. supporters are either GOP never Trumpers and will never support him or middle to conservative Dems that believe that the party has left them but can’t bring themselves to vote GOP.
I’m just not sure it helps and think the votes will be split or they won’t vote and all or possibly waste their vote with another write in candidate.

It just seems to me that most RFK Jr. supporters are either GOP never Trumpers and will never support him or middle to conservative Dems that believe that the party has left them but can’t bring themselves to vote GOP.
I’m just not sure it helps and think the votes will be split or they won’t vote and all or possibly waste their vote with another write in candidate.
I'm not sure it matters. I have no idea who this chick is but I think she's right. The only ppl I know that are voting for Harris are friends who are very far Left. More Jews, Blacks and Hispanics than ever will vote for Trump. Even young men are flocking to Trump.

Before the coup removing Biden, the polls showed RFKJr at around 10%. Once Harris was "crowned", the Dems in that 10% moved back into the Dem column leaving the remaining 5% probably those that will move to Trump when JFKJr withdraws and endorses. It is the fake pollsters worse nightmare if they have to add those 5% to DT. It will be harder to skew their numbers.

Last edited:
I tend to think it would help Trump some. As @elderdawg says the remaining support for RFKjr are probably not going to Harris so Trump would get the majority of them. Trump sharing the stage with RFK and his running mate - Shannahan will be a solid PR bit, short lived perhaps but a solid boost. Moreover if both campaign with Trump in battleground states is would be a plus. They both seem to be ticked at the Dem's at this point, so why not exploit it for sure. Shannahan could certainly get Trump more $$

I tend to think it would help Trump some. As @elderdawg says the remaining support for RFKjr are probably not going to Harris so Trump would get the majority of them. Trump sharing the stage with RFK and his running mate - Shannahan will be a solid PR bit, short lived perhaps but a solid boost. Moreover if both campaign with Trump in battleground states is would be a plus. They both seem to be ticked at the Dem's at this point, so why not exploit it for sure. Shannahan could certainly get Trump more $$
It would be hard for me to believe RFK Jr endorsing Trump would result in a net plus for KH. My guess is you would see at least a net 1% pick up for Trump which could be huge. It also leaves RFK Jr in a nice position with Trump to pick up some cabinet position or an ambassadorship if the campaign sees an endorsement by RFK as a 1% net in a swing state.

Reactions: 3 Pete
I think the endorsement headline doesn't mean that much, but as they explain why they are endorsing him, it will help Trump. Specifically, Shanahan - who is very smart and will describe in detail the lengths the DNC went to disqualify all candidates not named Biden or Harris. Lawsuits, polling manipulation....even installing spies into their campaign. It exposes a lot of the hypocrisy, and generally brings more of the "outsider / anti-status quo" dynamic that propelled Trump to the Presidency in the first place.

I think the endorsement headline doesn't mean that much, but as they explain why they are endorsing him, it will help Trump. Specifically, Shanahan - who is very smart and will describe in detail the lengths the DNC went to disqualify all candidates not named Biden or Harris. Lawsuits, polling manipulation....even installing spies into their campaign. It exposes a lot of the hypocrisy, and generally brings more of the "outsider / anti-status quo" dynamic that propelled Trump to the Presidency in the first place.
You articulated my thoughts better than I…..

It would be hard for me to believe RFK Jr endorsing Trump would result in a net plus for KH. My guess is you would see at least a net 1% pick up for Trump which could be huge. It also leaves RFK Jr in a nice position with Trump to pick up some cabinet position or an ambassadorship if the campaign sees an endorsement by RFK as a 1% net in a swing state.
Perhaps I didn’t articulate very well, it will help Trump some, just not sure how much. If it’s a 1% change, then it moved the needle for sure….

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
Perhaps I didn’t articulate very well, it will help Trump some, just not sure how much. If it’s a 1% change, then it moved the needle for sure….
Yeah, I'm completely guessing here but I do believe that if RFK Jr is pulling 5% of the vote and endorses Trump that some of his supporters may not vote, a few would move to Harris but more would move towards Trump than not. My point is that we're in a terribly divided country where 45% are going to vote left, 45% are going to vote right and getting a percent of the remaining 10% could swing the election.

Last edited:
Reactions: DawgWCK
Yeah, I'm completely guessing here but I do believe that if RFK Jr is pulling 5% of the vote and endorses Trump that some of his supporters may not vote, a few would move to Harris but more would move towards Trump than not. My point is that we're in a terribly divided country where 45% are going to vote left, 45% are going to vote right and getting an percent of the remaining 10% could swing the election.
I think generally if you are an RFK / Shanahan supporter, you are by nature a contrarian and against the status quo.....you also are probably highly skeptical of the media, are rolling your eyes at the coverage of Harris the past month, and whether you like Trump or not, noting that 80% positive coverage of Harris versus 80% negative coverage of Trump is laughable bias. Add that to an explicit endorsement and bringing to light the DNC's Bullshit towards their ticket, I think it moves the needle a bit for Trump. How much who knows? The double-haters of Trump / Biden and the never-Trumpers that were for RFK probably already broke for Harris when Biden got coup'd.

I think generally if you are an RFK / Shanahan supporter, you are by nature a contrarian and against the status quo.....you also are probably highly skeptical of the media, are rolling your eyes at the coverage of Harris the past month, and whether you like Trump or not, noting that 80% positive coverage of Harris versus 80% negative coverage of Trump is laughable bias. Add that to an explicit endorsement and bringing to light the DNC's Bullshit towards their ticket, I think it moves the needle a bit for Trump. How much who knows? The double-haters of Trump / Biden and the never-Trumpers that were for RFK probably already broke for Harris when Biden got coup'd.
Indeed. The protectors of our democracy seem to be getting called out for a lot of anti-democratic actions.

I think it will help some. If it gives him a 1% bump it could be enough to help him carry GA, AZ, NV, PA, NC, MI, or WI.

Reactions: 3 Pete

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT