ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin DOJ announces..

You deflected. It's what people do when they have nothing of substance to stand on.
The father's lawless actions put the kids at risk. End of story.
You're either ignorant, a bad troll, or a pot stirrer. I have a hard time believing anyone could lack the common sense to see that the lawless actions (evidently a long line of lawless choices) of this "father" are the root of the problem.
Choices have consequences... some good and some bad.
Again, woe to those who call evil good and good evil.
@Pshad54
Please listen to Jacob Blake's mother.

Not that I can see, they were not in the line of fire. Police have to make split second decisions and being a Monday morning QB is much easier because you don't go home dead if you make the wrong one. This guy made the decision to put all of those people including himself in a deadly situation.

You seem hyper-focused on the the children for some reason. Police have a responsibility to protect all citizens and there are numerous people who could have been injured or killed by not stopping the guy. Including, the children being put in serious danger if suspect gets in that car and tries to flee. What if he also has a gun and starts shooting? What if he flees and runs over someone else? What if he takes that knife and puts it to his child's throat to try and evade?
He had outstanding warrents. It has been reported he had a restraining order or some sort of court order which prevented him from being there. He was targeting some woman that was there for some reason. What if cam back and killed her?

Like I have said before, we have to stop using these bad examples to promote improvements in policing. It destroys the argument and we lose support.

Exactly. Always easy to say what someone could or should have done after the fact.

@Pshad54 and others- Please watch this video all the way until the end. It's from a few years ago when anti-police riots were taking place in Phoenix. Listen to the message that is shared a community activist & minister who got to experience first-hand the type of difficult situations & split-second decisions that cops face all the time. It's a message I wish more people would understand and appreciate.

In all of this outrage and protesting, it helps to understand:

1. There was a warrant Jacob Blake's arrest, for charges of third-degree sexual assault, trespassing and disorderly conduct. (One felony and 2 misdemeanors)

2. The police responded to a complaint about Blake. They didn't go looking for someone to shoot.

3. Blake had a knife in his car and told police so.

4. Blake struggled with officers once they arrived, and tried to get to the place where the knife was.

5. The person who filmed the shooting, says he heard officers tell Blake to "Drop the knife".

Seems like me Blake is the one who put himself and his children in danger.
There was a warrant for his arrest
His behavior, WITH KIDS PRESENT, initiated a complaint
He struggled with officers
He went toward a weapon

Blake had ample opportunity to keep himself, and his kids out of harms way, and I don't see how any sane person can argue otherwise.

Exactly. Always easy to say what someone could or should have done after the fact.

@Pshad54 and others- Please watch this video all the way until the end. It's from a few years ago when anti-police riots were taking place in Phoenix. Listen to the message that is shared a community activist & minister who got to experience first-hand the type of difficult situations & split-second decisions that cops face all the time. It's a message I wish more people would understand and appreciate.

How about u train the police officers better to make a split second decision and not let people be cops with a coupe of months. Hold them accountable for mistakes they make .... everybody else is held accountable and goes to jail, but never the police officers who “protect and serve”

How about u train the police officers better to make a split second decision and not let people be cops with a coupe of months. Hold them accountable for mistakes they make .... everybody else is held accountable and goes to jail, but never the police officers who “protect and serve”

how about you go be a cop, do it perfectly and be a shining example to others

I just have a problem with you placing ALL of the blame in this situation on the police officer and not Jacob Blake, who had a warrant out for his arrest, was the reason the cops were there in the first place (they received a call about him), chose not to comply with the cops' orders & fought them instead, then potentially went for a weapon that he told them he had. I simply do not understand how you seem to think that zero percent of this was Blake's fault.

I also would like to ask honestly if you would care at all if Blake were White instead of Black? Would it have even made the news outside of Wisconsin? Does it ONLY matter to you because of Blake's race and the race of the officers involved? And do you automatically assume that the officer shot Blake primarily because of his race, and not because of his actions?

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I just have a problem with you placing ALL of the blame in this situation on the police officer and not Jacob Blake, who had a warrant out for his arrest, was the reason the cops were there in the first place (they received a call about him), chose not to comply with the cops' orders & fought them instead, then potentially went for a weapon that he told them he had. I simply do not understand how you seem to think that zero percent of this was Blake's fault.

I also would like to ask honestly if you would care at all if Blake were White instead of Black? Would it have even made the news outside of Wisconsin? Does it ONLY matter to you because of Blake's race and the race of the officers involved? And do you automatically assume that the officer shot Blake primarily because of his race, and not because of his actions?
U obviously didn’t read the thread plz leave me alone

So you're saying the police need more funding for more training? I knew you could do it. Good job.
However, not everyone is held accountable unfortunately. This goes for criminals and a very few rogue police.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
1. The officer didn’t know what Blake was going for. Failure to obey a lawful order. Reaching for something while the police have told you to stop is the definition of justification for lethal force.
2. Inside 10 feet a knife is as dangerous as a gun. 3. do you want to know why I have never been shot by the police? I obey their requests. I don’t disregard their authority. I don’t reach for a potential weapon placing the officer in jeopardy. It is not difficult.

21' is the criteria for.knife vs. gun. Inside 21' advantage knife.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT