ADVERTISEMENT

Working Out

andrewdc07

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2015
LaGrange, GA
So long story short between running my own business and now becoming a dad at the age of 34 I am not long in the same shape that I was at 24. I have gained probably 80 pounds in the last decade. I have started intermittent fasting (along with some diet changes) has anyone had sustained success with IF? My current schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday 16/8 and then Wednesday and Saturday I try to have a semi "normal" day or eating. I am a foodie so this has been hard but it has made me enjoy what I cook and eat with my family much more.

I started about a month ago I am 6-2 270 I have dropped about 4 pounds in the first month to 266

Reactions: WGrovedawg
I weighed 175 when I graduated high school 43 years ago. I will be 61 in 3 months and weigh 183.
I have found one meal a day really works well for me.
When I was younger I done I lot of heavy weight lifting, now just a total gym and walk/jog most days.
Everything in moderation is the key IMO.
Good luck!

Reactions: CocoDawg
I weighed 175 when I graduated high school 43 years ago. I will be 61 in 3 months and weigh 183.
I have found one meal a day really works well for me.
When I was younger I done I lot of heavy weight lifting, now just a total gym and walk/jog most days.
Everything in moderation is the key IMO.
Good luck!
My goal is to incorporate some OMAD into the rotation. I have noticed that I feel much better when I do IF my body isn’t as swollen and I have more energy.

Reactions: mitchelldawg
My goal is to incorporate some OMAD into the rotation. I have noticed that I feel much better when I do IF my body isn’t as swollen and I have more energy.
Whatever you decide works best for you, just make it your lifestyle. Once you reach a certain point, your health and how you feel will be more important than something you are tempted to eat.
Just take control of food and not let it take control of you. Sounds simple, but it's not easy at times.
Best of luck!

So long story short between running my own business and now becoming a dad at the age of 34 I am not long in the same shape that I was at 24. I have gained probably 80 pounds in the last decade. I have started intermittent fasting (along with some diet changes) has anyone had sustained success with IF? My current schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday 16/8 and then Wednesday and Saturday I try to have a semi "normal" day or eating. I am a foodie so this has been hard but it has made me enjoy what I cook and eat with my family much more.

I started about a month ago I am 6-2 270 I have dropped about 4 pounds in the first month to 266
Your body will not react well to fasting. Our “programming” comes from thousands of years of having abundant food at times and barely enough to survive at others. (No refrigeration, preservatives, canning, etc made winter time lean periods).

People who do dramatic calorie drops for extended periods or fasting actually triggers the body into gorge periods. You lose weight but then sometime down the road the body drives to excessive calorie intake to prep for the next “down” period.

The best thing is to moderate amounts, reduce certain calories, and regulate your fasting usually from 8:00 at night til 10 the next morning. That way the body is not triggered into need periods.

Reactions: andrewdc07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT