ADVERTISEMENT

This just happened about an hour ago. The New Orleans city council just voted 6-0 to

Probably would not have happened anyway, but I'll never spend a penny in NO and a large number of family won't either.

My God, how can we survive this ? but survive we must, do it for ole REL people,,do it for Bob.

Those are the words of former Mayor Nagin, not mine. You know, the corrupt Democrat Mayor that got time. Thanks for playing along precious.
I used to think Progressives were just mis-guided, and there are some of those, but I've come to the conclusion that the more intelligent among them are dangerous and evil. They hate the USA and everything it stands for. They see no problem re-writing history, and wiping away the past if it furthers their criminal agenda. Helen, or whatever the hell his name is, needs to move somewhere else where he'd be happy. I suggest the People's Republic of China.

The meeting doesn't take place until Thursday. There been no vote plus there 8 members of the city council .

I used to think Progressives were just mis-guided, and there are some of those, but I've come to the conclusion that the more intelligent among them are dangerous and evil. They hate the USA and everything it stands for. They see no problem re-writing history, and wiping away the past if it furthers their criminal agenda. Helen, or whatever the hell his name is, needs to move somewhere else where he'd be happy. I suggest the People's Republic of China.

Your type are the ones in love with a long dead slave holding enemy that killed hundreds of thousands of good LOYAL AMERICANS.
Now you have the temerity to claim patriotism while hating everything good about this Country's heritage and holding on to the worst in our history as if it makes you some kind of heroic figure. You're a historical dead end is what you are, you're just too consumed with hate to see it.

Last edited:
remove the statue of Robert E Lee from the center of Lee circle. George Orwell was so right. We are not in trouble here as a country folks...we look DONE.
You can always keep Lee's memory alive in your heart.

bigdog, i believe the libs on this board have to be transplants , they just Don't Get It . they may lie and say they were raised in the south; but i don't believe it . actions speak louder than words ! TCKMA !

bigdog, i believe the libs on this board have to be transplants , they just Don't Get It . they may lie and say they were raised in the south; but i don't believe it . actions speak louder than words ! TCKMA !
HA. I grew up in the ATL, raised by transplanted mid-westerners, but I'm originally from Chicago. Being Southern doesn't have a lot to do with it in my opinion. Being a proud American, on the other hand, has a lot to do with it. As a country, have we made mistakes? Oh hell yeah, a boatload, but on balance the good we've done far outweighs the bad. Our founders, through divine inspiration, or magic, or blind luck, contrived the most wonderful political experiment in the history of the world. They thought that Man is born free, and should remain so. That our destiny is in our own hands, to become whatever we want, constrained only by how smart we are, and how hard we're willing to work. But people like Helen don't like that. They think they're smarter than we are, and that we all need someone like them to make our decisions for us. On the current issue, the Confederate Battle Flag, and all these statues, WTH? Did thousands of Americans not die for a cause they believed in, regardless of whether their cause was right or wrong? Should we not honor them, ALL of them? Do people like Helen even stop to contemplate what kind of mental anguish someone like RL Lee went through when he resigned his commission in the US Army? Nope, they don't give a crap. Nor do they give a crap about the reasons the war was fought. Its all black and white. All southerners owned slaves, and Honest Abe sent the heroic Union forces in to make them stop. That's their narrative because it fits their agenda. Like I said, these people are dangerous and evil. Sorry for the rant, I'll be quiet now.

Your type are the ones in love with a long dead slave holding enemy that killed hundreds of thousands of good LOYAL AMERICANS.
Now you have the temerity to claim patriotism while hating everything good about this Country's heritage and holding on to the worst in our history as if it makes you some kind of heroic figure. You're a historical dead end is what you are, you're just too consumed with hate to see it.
What does that even mean? Don't go away mad, just go away. Thanks.

remove the statue of Robert E Lee from the center of Lee circle. George Orwell was so right. We are not in trouble here as a country folks...we look DONE.
Imagine the city that had the highest percentage of slaves owned by black slave owners removing the statue of a man who freed his slaves before the war started. Robert E. Lee was one of the finest men of his day. But of course his statue keeps African American teenagers from getting an education.

Not everybody raised in The south is an angry bigot.
All 4 of my Grand Parents were from The Tuscaloosa area. We have tins of great uncles in confederate unis with their rifles. One was in Mosby's Rangers.
Why is it so hard to understand that some of us actually GROW as human beings ?
God bless my late Mama, she taught me TRUE right and wrong, it took a lot of years of internal chaos before her teachings completely defeated the ugliness I learned from ''friends, even teachers.
I'm at peace with myself now and I know I'm on the right moral path, it feels good.
The things you and other dead enders post about me mean nothing.

Imagine the city that had the highest percentage of slaves owned by black slave owners removing the statue of a man who freed his slaves before the war started. Robert E. Lee was one of the finest men of his day. But of course his statue keeps African American teenagers from getting an education.

Lee inherited the slaves he ''freed'' from his father in law. It was in the will he could free them 4 years after his death. Lee kept them every day the law allowed, 8 years longer than his dead father in law wished him to.

Let's talk about your morality for a moment. I'll make an educated guess here and assume that you are pro-"choice". P
All 4 of my Grand Parents were from The Tuscaloosa area. We have tins of great uncles in confederate unis with their rifles. One was in Mosby's Rangers.
God bless my late Mama, she taught me TRUE right and wrong, it took a lot of years of internal chaos before her teachings completely defeated the ugliness I learned from ''friends, even teachers.
I'm at peace with myself now and I know I'm on the right moral path, it feels good.
Moral Path? Is it moral to continue to deny under-priviledged kids the opportunity to get a better education through magnet schools and voucher programs? Is it moral to support the cold-blooded slaughter of defensless unborn babies? Is it moral to discourage hard work, and to encourage the entitlement mentality? Pray tell, why am I an "angry bigot"? Because I believe in the American Ideal, and the importance of adherring to our Constitution? Because I believe in preserving our History, both the good and the bad? Why don't you peddle your wares somewhere else, like the Democratic Underground? You'll be much happier there where you don't have to put up with us stupid Neanderthals.

Let's talk about your morality for a moment. I'll make an educated guess here and assume that you are pro-"choice". P

Moral Path? Is it moral to continue to deny under-priviledged kids the opportunity to get a better education through magnet schools and voucher programs? Is it moral to support the cold-blooded slaughter of defensless unborn babies? Is it moral to discourage hard work, and to encourage the entitlement mentality? Pray tell, why am I an "angry bigot"? Because I believe in the American Ideal, and the importance of adherring to our Constitution? Because I believe in preserving our History, both the good and the bad? Why don't you peddle your wares somewhere else, like the Democratic Underground? You'll be much happier there where you don't have to put up with us stupid Neanderthals.

Have you read any comment by me regarding magnet schools, abortion, entitlements ? All of this is made up in your head because you IMAGINE my condemnation of The Confederacy has some connection. It's IN YOUR HEAD.
My politics are ad-hoc. I decide my position on most things on a case to case basis, but that is probably a bit too foreign to your thinking for you to grasp.

Reactions: Thenumber34
Helen, the way you react to folks and by your defensive nature, what these folks say to and about you obviously ruffles you.

You obviously have an inner conflict somewhere that you're fighting. Is it the fact that you know you're gay and have fantasies about the real men on this board?

sounds like fantasy land ! remember " wise old men ", been there and done that .

Helen, the way you react to folks and by your defensive nature, what these folks say to and about you obviously ruffles you.

You obviously have an inner conflict somewhere that you're fighting. Is it the fact that you know you're gay and have fantasies about the real men on this board?

I don't react to the personal stuff, that is what bothers you and others.
It's your backwards racist postings I react to.

sounds like fantasy land ! remember " wise old men ", been there and done that .

Blah, blah, blah, what is your native language ? ''wise old men'' why not be direct ? my guess is because I destroy you in any logical and/or factual conversation.

I don't react to the personal stuff, that is what bothers you and others.
It's your backwards racist postings I react to.
Very few posts on here are racist, but calling someone or something "racist" is part and parcel of how the ill-liberal left tries to shut down debate.

Reactions: im4thedawgs
Very few posts on here are racist, but calling someone or something "racist" is part and parcel of how the ill-liberal left tries to shut down debate.

I've posted many facts here. I'm sure I've wrecked Neo-Confederate posters every time I do so.
Of course I'm reacting to your diversion right now, sneaky of you, but typical.

I've posted many facts here. I'm sure I've wrecked Neo-Confederate posters every time I do so.
Of course I'm reacting to your diversion right now, sneaky of you, but typical.
None of that has anything to do with your ridiculous accusations of racism. As far as your facts go, please post an historical perspective which says that Southern secession was, to quote you, only about slavery.

Well.... It ain't like he did the city any favors ..... He lost, after all

None of that has anything to do with your ridiculous accusations of racism. As far as your facts go, please post an historical perspective which says that Southern secession was, to quote you, only about slavery.

This board's history of racism is self evident. Many of the same left handed remarks still posted are at best borderline.
As for your question regarding the reason for TCW, I've been through that quite well more than once. I just don't feel compelled to go through it yet again every time you or somebody else brings it up.
Pre-war history is 100% clear what drove The South...slavery.

Reactions: ''M''
This board's history of racism is self evident. Many of the same left handed remarks still posted are at best borderline.
As for your question regarding the reason for TCW, I've been through that quite well more than once. I just don't feel compelled to go through it yet again every time you or somebody else brings it up.
Pre-war history is 100% clear what drove The South...slavery.
Sure, this board has a history of thinly-veiled (at best) racism, due in part to some departed members, but you're applying the word where it doesn't exist merely for the purpose of maligning those whose opinions with which you disagree.

You haven't really been through it quite that well since you can't find anyone to back up your opinion. I've directed you to Calhoun's Southern Address as just one example of an opinion at the time which demonstrates the fact that there were considerations other than slavery. To say that the North fought to end slavery would be patently false as is your claim (although closer to the truth) that Southern secession was about nothing but slavery.

Last edited:
Sure, this board has a history of thinly-veiled (at best) racism, due in part to some departed members, but you're applying the word where it doesn't exist merely for the purpose of maligning those whose opinions with which you disagree.

You haven't really been through it quite that well since you can't find anyone to back up your opinion. I've directed you to Calhoun's Southern Address as just one example of an opinion at the time which demonstrates the fact that there were other considerations other than slavery. To say that the North fought to end slavery would be patently false as is your claim (although closer to the truth) that Southern secession was about nothing but slavery.
I think most of the racists departed to the other site

You can always keep Lee's memory alive in your heart.
I will. Probably the greatest AMERICAN general ever. I just let out a rebel yell for ALL the brave that died in that war. You ever fought physically for anything?

I will. Probably the greatest AMERICAN general ever. I just let out a rebel yell for ALL the brave that died in that war. You ever fought physically for anything?
Ever hear of a man named Patton?

Ever hear of a man named Patton?
Yes. A great general. Do you think Lincoln violated the Constitution? The Southern states had the right to secede according to the Constitution. They can tear all the statues down they want. Does not change history as fact.

Yes. A great general. Do you think Lincoln violated the Constitution? The Southern states had the right to secede according to the Constitution. They can tear all the statues down they want. Does not change history as fact.
The Southern states did not have a right to seceded. Lincoln did suspend habeas corpus, so he did violate the Constitution, but I suppose it can be argued that sometimes unconstitutional steps need to be taken in times of crisis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT