ADVERTISEMENT

This just happened about an hour ago. The New Orleans city council just voted 6-0 to

I agr
I'm confused. First you talked about things Lincoln said and now you're on the Tenth Amendment. The Tenth Amendment was meant to resolve questions of authority between the state and federal governments. It completely flies in the face of logic to think that if the Founding Fathers had meant for secession to be an option for states that they would have just let some catch-all amendment be what created that authority. Rule of law would demand that there be some structure to handle a situation as potentially disruptive as a state or states seceding.

Again with the hypothetical question. What is the point? Am I supposed to appreciate the fact that Lee took up arms for a cause he believed in? I can appreciate what he did for what he thought was right. A lot of men, North and South, did the same.
I agree you are confused. Supreme court decision came in 1869. Like an earlier poster said some of the northern states were going to secede before an agreement was made. How long have you studied or taught American history. You never answered the question. The question is simple. Have you or would you take up arms to defend this country. The answer is yes or no. Not complicated.

Um, didn't you just do the same thing you've accused him of dipshit? Or are white ppl not exempt?

About time to give it up Rolo, just like I finally did with that White Pug idiot. Can't reason with folks with no "common sense". They think everyone is entitled to an opinion, if it's in agreement with their own. Otherwise you should be silenced. Strange how the "liberal" thinking has evolved over the years, where they championed "acceptance" of differing ideas in the past, now they want to shout down and silence any opposing viewpoints. The college campus and now most of the media outlets have become the bastion of the "closed minded", where the liberal ideology is the ONLY accepted one. I'm gonna try to ignore most of these idiots myself. One day they are an expert on breeding English Bulldogs, the next on the Civil War and slavery. Whenever a wacko opinion can be expressed, they've got one.

Reactions: Rolodawg2011
What dead end ideas are you talking about?

The same old dusty, false Neo-Confederate tripe that's been passed from hayseed to idiot for 150 years. I'm sure there's the usual bundle of wrong thinking that always goes hand in hand with that line of bull.

You
The same old dusty, false Neo-Confederate tripe that's been passed from hayseed to idiot for 150 years. I'm sure there's the usual bundle of wrong thinking that always goes hand in hand with that line of bull.
You insinuated you were white and from the south. How did you feel about the recent Supreme Court decision about Homo marriage. Do you have a partner? You sound kind of bitter IMO.

You

You insinuated you were white and from the south. How did you feel about the recent Supreme Court decision about Homo marriage. Do you have a partner? You sound kind of bitter IMO.

Your opinions don't particularly concern me, but I'll answer those questions.

I am a white male, born and raised in The South, I applaud the same sex marriage decision handed down by The SCOTUS, I have no ''partner'' just a GF. I'm more happy considering your sort is far overdue a comeuppance.
you're welcome.

The First thing ISIS and or the Taliban do when they take over a new town.....They destroy the history. You're in good company.

Oh dear God, is ISIS behind this nuclear attack on all that is decent ?
You shouldn't worry though, you are history.

Oh dear God, is ISIS behind this nuclear attack on all that is decent ?
You shouldn't worry though, you are history.
Oh my....Pal if someone could figure out how to bottle you're stupid.....They'd rule the world. I mean you're so stupid you completely missed the point while making an even more stupid statement. No dear, ISIS isn't as awful as those of us that want to keep our history......LMAO...,I can't believe I even had to say that. Holy shit. What a fcking moron LOL

Oh my....Pal if someone could figure out how to bottle you're stupid.....They'd rule the world. I mean you're so stupid you completely missed the point while making an even more stupid statement. No dear, ISIS isn't as awful as those of us that want to keep our history......LMAO...,I can't believe I even had to say that. Holy shit. What a fcking moron LOL

You're sort are known for brains and logic, not really, I'm messing with you.
If you ever post a genuine thought I might fall out of my comfy chair.

Last edited:
Your sort are known for brains and logic, not really, I'm messing with you.
If you ever post a genuine thought I might fall out of my comfy chair.

I have no doubt you spend most of your day in the comfy chair......provided by taxpayers

The First thing ISIS and or the Taliban do when they take over a new town.....They destroy the history. You're in good company.

ISIS and The Taliban are at war..with each other.
It would probably be a good thing if people had some idea of what the hell they're referring to.

ISIS and The Taliban are at war..with each other.
It would probably be a good thing if people had some idea of what the hell they're referring to.
Wow, ur too stupid to get it even after two tries. Shoulnt u be out saving the planet or blowing homeless illegals in a bathhouse somewhere?

Have somebody wipe the spittle off your chin and get some sleep.
Hey healin dog... just saw where the president of the atlanta chapter of the NAACP is calling for stone mountain to be sandblasted. Please tell me you think this is insane.

Reactions: HeulenHund2
Hey healin dog... just saw where the president of the atlanta chapter of the NAACP is calling for stone mountain to be sandblasted. Please tell me you think this is insane.

I posted earlier my belief that this is going too far. I can see why the flag shouldn't be on the grounds of buildings where our government does the peoples' business.
The images in a park seem far more appropriate to me. Besides, who wants to trash a work of art and leave an eyesore in it's place ?

I posted earlier my belief that this is going too far. I can see why the flag shouldn't be on the grounds of buildings where our government does the peoples' business.
The images in a park seem far more appropriate to me. Besides, who wants to trash a work of art and leave an eyesore in it's place ?
evidently a lot of people... good evening.

Reactions: HeulenHund2
No, but this country started shedding the likes of you 50 years ago. It takes a long time to rid the country of dead enders, but we're closer by the day.
Your ideas will die with you.
You really are a pickle smoocher. You bob for Bob's apples. You and M are made for one another.

I agr

I agree you are confused. Supreme court decision came in 1869. Like an earlier poster said some of the northern states were going to secede before an agreement was made. How long have you studied or taught American history. You never answered the question. The question is simple. Have you or would you take up arms to defend this country. The answer is yes or no. Not complicated.
It doesn't matter when the Supreme Court decision came and it doesn't matter if Northern states were threatening secession at an earlier time. If the right to seceded wasn't granted then it didn't exist. That is simply how the rule of law works, and the rule of law is the very foundation of our government. Aside from that, it completely defies logic to think that the Founding Fathers, who risked everything to break away from England and form a new country, intended that it could be undone by a simple matter of a state's or states' deciding to leave. No doubt they would have considered the fact that secession (e.g., if Virginia and Maryland were to secede) could leave the US capitol in a foreign country, or that a mass secession could leave remaining states land-locked or cut off from one another. What then? If they had had no problem with that scenario, they probably would have stayed with a confederacy rather than a federal system. If they had intended to allow for secession, surely they would not have simply let the authority to do that fall to the Tenth Amendment

Several Northern states were going to do it long before the Confederates thought about it, but were able to come to terms. To say they had no right is to say the Colonies had no right to leave England
The colonies didn't have a "right" to leave England. If they had that right, then England wouldn't have had the "right" to use military force to compel them to remain colonies. Something, somewhere, would have had to be written into law. That is how the rule of law works.

The colonies didn't have a "right" to leave England. If they had that right, then England wouldn't have had the "right" to use military force to compel them to remain colonies. Something, somewhere, would have had to be written into law. That is how the rule of law works.

The Constitution was written to give the States the most power. It didn't need to be written it was understood. Hence others that were on the way out the door until they reached an acceptable agreement.

bigdog, i believe the libs on this board have to be transplants , they just Don't Get It . they may lie and say they were raised in the south; but i don't believe it . actions speak louder than words ! TCKMA !
I was born and raised in the South. It was a good thing we lost the war. I don't have a problem with General Lee's statue, but my life will continue if they take it down...

The Constitution was written to give the States the most power. It didn't need to be written it was understood. Hence others that were on the way out the door until they reached an acceptable agreement.
The Constitution was written to give states most of the authority to govern themselves. Secession is an act that can have repercussions beyond the seceding state. A state would not have the authority to do something that could negatively impact other states and the nations as a whole. So again, secession is completely outside the rule of law, and therefore the right to do so does not exist.

Your type are the ones in love with a long dead slave holding enemy that killed hundreds of thousands of good LOYAL AMERICANS.
Now you have the temerity to claim patriotism while hating everything good about this Country's heritage and holding on to the worst in our history as if it makes you some kind of heroic figure. You're a historical dead end is what you are, you're just too consumed with hate to see it.
Do you even know what you are talking about? I don't think you do...

Me. I'm happy, I sleep sound in the knowledge your kind are dying out every day and few will be interested in your dead end ideas. Your sort are doomed to the unvisited dust bend of history. You won't be missed.
My way of thinking on the other hand grows stronger by the day.
You're a loser on the losing side..enjoy.
You sure are big on name calling. That really makes your points stick... LOL.

I was born and raised in the South. It was a good thing we lost the war. I don't have a problem with General Lee's statue, but my life will continue if they take it down...

But not as a free man. The first rule of tyrants is to erase the history

The Constitution was written to give states most of the authority to govern themselves. Secession is an act that can have repercussions beyond the seceding state. A state would not have the authority to do something that could negatively impact other states and the nations as a whole. So again, secession is completely outside the rule of law, and therefore the right to do so does not exist.

Sure they can, and liberals support them when it suits their positions. California has for all intents and purposes seceded.

Oh my, LOL this is fun. You truly are clueless.

You really think I missed a point ? You should be forced to scrub Stone Mountain with steel wool and Comet till it's as smooth as glass. It would give you time to contemplate your lack of intelligence.

Sure they can, and liberals support them when it suits their positions. California has for all intents and purposes seceded.

You should gather your clan and move them to some jungle or desert outside this Country. Name your paradise something appropriate like Nowhere, No Count and live out your life away from this nation, which stopped being something you believe in 154 years ago.

You sure are big on name calling. That really makes your points stick... LOL.

That's rich, run to Dash now, maybe he'll ignore the trash spewed from the knuckle draggers and ban the one who responds. It's worked for years.

As for making points stick. I know this group, I expect most of them to die believing the ridiculous nonsense they spew here.

That's rich, run to Dash now, maybe he'll ignore the trash spewed from the knuckle draggers and ban the one who responds. It's worked for years.

As for making points stick. I know this group, I expect most of them to die believing the ridiculous nonsense they spew here.

You're nothing more than a history impaired, self-righteous, liberal no-nothing. Your perceived intelligence is amusing; the only thing you've proven here is your hate, ignorance, and intolerance for people with different views. You have zero clue of history and believe the original sin of slavery began in the South. Far from it, son. You've been indoctrinated by the liberal education system, which has distorted history to where young men and women like you haven't a clue. To start, maybe you should do some homework on the Barbary Slave Trade.

In addition, did you know that many Northern civilians owned slaves before, during and even after the the Civil War? To name a couple... William T. Sherman had many slaves until well after the war was over and he didn't free them until late in 1865. Ulysses S. Grant had several slaves, who were only freed after the 13th amendment in late 1865 as well. Maybe you'll find it interesting to know that Federal, Yankee, Union ships brought slaves to America.

Many blacks, both free and of their own will, joined the Confederate Army to fight for their Southern home. Also, today, many men of color are proud members in the heritage group Sons of Confederate Veterans. And while the rest of the United States isn't interested in their heritage, many people in the south, including southern Black Americans, rejoice in their heritage.

I am a Republican, a black, dyed in the wool Republican, and I never intend to belong to any other party than the party of freedom and progress. - Frederick Douglass

Try learning something here... http://www.southernheritage411.com/
Excerpt:
Southern Heritage 411 Inc. is a corporation founded to inform the public about Southern Heritage from the perspective of the hundreds of thousands of black people who love and support the South, its people, its customs, and its history.

Reactions: Rolodawg2011
You're nothing more than a history impaired, self-righteous, liberal no-nothing. Your perceived intelligence is amusing; the only thing you've proven here is your hate, ignorance, and intolerance for people with different views. You have zero clue of history and believe the original sin of slavery began in the South. Far from it, son. You've been indoctrinated by the liberal education system, which has distorted history to where young men and women like you haven't a clue. To start, maybe you should do some homework on the Barbary Slave Trade.

In addition, did you know that many Northern civilians owned slaves before, during and even after the the Civil War? To name a couple... William T. Sherman had many slaves until well after the war was over and he didn't free them until late in 1865. Ulysses S. Grant had several slaves, who were only freed after the 13th amendment in late 1865 as well. Maybe you'll find it interesting to know that Federal, Yankee, Union ships brought slaves to America.

Many blacks, both free and of their own will, joined the Confederate Army to fight for their Southern home. Also, today, many men of color are proud members in the heritage group Sons of Confederate Veterans. And while the rest of the United States isn't interested in their heritage, many people in the south, including southern Black Americans, rejoice in their heritage.

I am a Republican, a black, dyed in the wool Republican, and I never intend to belong to any other party than the party of freedom and progress. - Frederick Douglass

Try learning something here... http://www.southernheritage411.com/
Excerpt:
Southern Heritage 411 Inc. is a corporation founded to inform the public about Southern Heritage from the perspective of the hundreds of thousands of black people who love and support the South, its people, its customs, and its history.

You're not worth wasting a lot of words on.
Pretending the party of Lincoln is in any way morally connected to modern republicanism shows what a shifty blow hard you are.
You're not even a modern republican though. That would be an insult to that party. You're a slimy, deceitful racist POS, nothing more and nothing less.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT