ADVERTISEMENT

This just happened about an hour ago. The New Orleans city council just voted 6-0 to

The Southern states did not have a right to seceded. Lincoln did suspend habeas corpus, so he did violate the Constitution, but I suppose it can be argued that sometimes unconstitutional steps need to be taken in times of crisis.
My wife taught American history for 30 years. That was few years ago. History is being revised as I speak. You didn't answer my original question. The North made a mockery of the Constitution. Not arguing for anything but fact. Texas still has the right to secede.

Reactions: im4thedawgs
My wife taught American history for 30 years. That was few years ago. History is being revised as I speak. You didn't answer my original question. The North made a mockery of the Constitution. Not arguing for anything but fact. Texas still has the right to secede.
How is it that states had the right to secede? I did answer you question about Lincoln and the Constitution. You didn't address anything specifically other than that. What other answer were you looking for?

How is it that states had the right to secede? I did answer you question about Lincoln and the Constitution. You didn't address anything specifically other than that. What other answer were you looking for?
Read some of the things Lincoln said before he was elected President about states rights. The question was have you ever fought for anything physically?

Read some of the things Lincoln said before he was elected President about states rights. The question was have you ever fought for anything physically?
It doesn't matter what Lincoln said about states' rights. How, constitutionally speaking, would the states have the right to secede? WTH would it matter if I ever fought for anything physically?

Sure, this board has a history of thinly-veiled (at best) racism, due in part to some departed members, but you're applying the word where it doesn't exist merely for the purpose of maligning those whose opinions with which you disagree.

You haven't really been through it quite that well since you can't find anyone to back up your opinion. I've directed you to Calhoun's Southern Address as just one example of an opinion at the time which demonstrates the fact that there were considerations other than slavery. To say that the North fought to end slavery would be patently false as is your claim (although closer to the truth) that Southern secession was about nothing but slavery.

I never look for anybody to back me up. Also I'm guessing those who disagree with you know the history of standing up and telling the truth about those who were allowed to run this board getting you banned.

Have you seen where I've used ''we'' ? I don't try to recruit allies. Of course this board has trained people not to go against the redneck tide. You're well known for crying to Daddy and getting tougher opponents banned for much less than what the majority posted here every single day.

After consideration, yes this is still a very racist board, it's just not as straight forward as it was.

It doesn't matter what Lincoln said about states' rights. How, constitutionally speaking, would the states have the right to secede? WTH would it matter if I ever fought for anything physically?
I think it does matter what Lincoln said. The second part means you just talk about things as you see it. Would you or have you fought for those beliefs?

I never look for anybody to back me up. Also I'm guessing those who disagree with you know the history of standing up and telling the truth about those who were allowed to run this board getting you banned.

Have you seen where I've used ''we'' ? I don't try to recruit allies. Of course this board has trained people not to go against the redneck tide. You're well known for crying to Daddy and getting tougher opponents banned for much less than what the majority posted here every single day.

After consideration, yes this is still a very racist board, it's just not as straight forward as it was.
I gots me a .45 and a shovel. I doubt anyone would miss you you ( is above my front door).

The Southern states did not have a right to seceded. Lincoln did suspend habeas corpus, so he did violate the Constitution, but I suppose it can be argued that sometimes unconstitutional steps need to be taken in times of crisis.

Several Northern states were going to do it long before the Confederates thought about it, but were able to come to terms. To say they had no right is to say the Colonies had no right to leave England

Not everybody raised in The south is an angry bigot.
All 4 of my Grand Parents were from The Tuscaloosa area. We have tins of great uncles in confederate unis with their rifles. One was in Mosby's Rangers.
Why is it so hard to understand that some of us actually GROW as human beings ?
God bless my late Mama, she taught me TRUE right and wrong, it took a lot of years of internal chaos before her teachings completely defeated the ugliness I learned from ''friends, even teachers.
I'm at peace with myself now and I know I'm on the right moral path, it feels good.
The things you and other dead enders post about me mean nothing.
I am proud of you and your growth. When is the operation?

Not everybody raised in The south is an angry bigot.
All 4 of my Grand Parents were from The Tuscaloosa area. We have tins of great uncles in confederate unis with their rifles. One was in Mosby's Rangers.
Why is it so hard to understand that some of us actually GROW as human beings ?
God bless my late Mama, she taught me TRUE right and wrong, it took a lot of years of internal chaos before her teachings completely defeated the ugliness I learned from ''friends, even teachers.
I'm at peace with myself now and I know I'm on the right moral path, it feels good.
The things you and other dead enders post about me mean nothing.

What does removing history have to do with any of the BS you just posted? You pal are a moron. You mother raise a moron, I sure it was unintentional, but thats the result of your up bringing. You have no common sense what so ever, logic escapes you and your intellect is fleeting.

Reactions: RednBlack83

If you can't find anyone to back up your opinion, then it is pretty much invalid. We're talking about the past - a past which has been analyzed by probably hundreds of people. If your opinion were even remotely correct, it should be easy to find someone who shared it. As it is, your opinion is nothing but one extreme end of revisionism.

I'm well-known for crying to Daddy? What the hell are you talking about? It looks like most of what you think you know is just talking out of your ass.

If you think this board is racist then you need to check your thin skinned, overly sensitive attitude at the login screen. You, apparently, wouldn't know racism if it kicked you in the mouth.

I'm a Republican, which means I don't owe you or anyone else an apology for racism or slavery. You want to see real racism, check with the Democrat Party.

MYTH - The War of 1861 - 1865 was fought over slavery.
FACT - Terribly untrue. The North fought the war over money. Plain and simple. When the South started Secession, Lincoln was asked, "Why not let the South go in peace?" To which he replied, "I can't let them go. Who would pay for the government?" Sensing total financial ruin for the North, Lincoln waged war on the South. The South fought the War to repel Northern aggression and invasion.

Helen, have you given any thought to killing yourself yet? It would add to your legacy. Do it for the cause.

Me. I'm happy, I sleep sound in the knowledge your kind are dying out every day and few will be interested in your dead end ideas. Your sort are doomed to the unvisited dust bend of history. You won't be missed.
My way of thinking on the other hand grows stronger by the day.
You're a loser on the losing side..enjoy.

If you can't find anyone to back up your opinion, then it is pretty much invalid. We're talking about the past - a past which has been analyzed by probably hundreds of people. If your opinion were even remotely correct, it should be easy to find someone who shared it. As it is, your opinion is nothing but one extreme end of revisionism.

I'm well-known for crying to Daddy? What the hell are you talking about? It looks like most of what you think you know is just talking out of your ass.

So your existence depends on pleasing a few idiots with bad ideas so you can feel a part of something, even if it's a dead end for a hand full of losers. That is maybe the most pathetic excuse for living imaginable.
Enjoy your short ride to oblivion.

I think it does matter what Lincoln said. The second part means you just talk about things as you see it. Would you or have you fought for those beliefs?
If what Lincoln said matters, then what did he say? If that's your whole argument then you should be able to provide a little bit more detail.

I still don't see the relevance of your question. How can I give a meaningful answer about what I would have done 150 years ago?

So your existence depends on pleasing a few idiots with bad ideas so you can feel a part of something, even if it's a dead end for a hand full of losers. That is maybe the most pathetic excuse for living imaginable.

PS. On the national board where there is an honest mix of people I have over 1 like for every 2 post. I'm well respected everywhere I go.
This is far from a normal sample of people. This is a virtual Klan rally.

LOL...what the hell? You're getting more and more incoherent. Much like your opinions.

LOL...what the hell? You're getting more and more incoherent. Much like your opinions.

You're completely wrong AND simple minded. No wonder your breed will be extinct in a generation. If you breed please give your offspring up for adoption. It probably would be the only worthwhile thing you'll ever do.

If what Lincoln said matters, then what did he say? If that's your whole argument then you should be able to provide a little bit more detail.

I still don't see the relevance of your question. How can I give a meaningful answer about what I would have done 150 years ago?
10 th amendment. Don't know your age. Did or would you serve in combat to protect this country?

PS. On the national board where there is an honest mix of people I have over 1 like for every 2 post. I'm well respected everywhere I go.
I am beyond hurt you feel this way. I love watermelon-what of you?

Last edited:
You're completely wrong AND simple minded. No wonder your breed will be extinct in a generation. If you breed please give your offspring up for adoption. It probably would be the only worthwhile thing you'll ever do.
LOL..you're getting more shrill with every post. I guess that's what happens when someone who's used to having a choir tell him how brilliant his opinions are is challenged to explain how he came up with those opinions and finds he can't do it. Please get back to me when you've found someone who will concur that Southern secession was 100% about slavery.

No, but this country started shedding the likes of you 50 years ago. It takes a long time to rid the country of dead enders, but we're closer by the day.
Your ideas will die with you.
Another example of a racist comment. Your hypocrisy is astounding. You have no idea who or what you are addressing. When you say "the likes of you" or "dead enders", do you mean white people? Please explain.

LOL..you're getting more shrill with every post. I guess that's what happens when someone who's used to having a choir tell him how brilliant his opinions are is challenged to explain how he came up with those opinions and finds he can't do it. Please get back to me when you've found someone who will concur that Southern secession was 100% about slavery.

So you went from I have no support therefore my views aren't viable, to, I'm used to a choir of agreement.
I've got better things to do than play along with your illogic.

Another example of a racist comment. Your hypocrisy is astounding. You have no idea who or what you are addressing. When you say "the likes of you" or "dead enders", do you mean white people? Please explain.

I mean you, as in people with your stated views.
You advocate dead and dying ideas.

[QUOTE
No, but this country started shedding the likes of you 50 years ago. It takes a long time to rid the country of dead enders, but we're closer by the day.
Your ideas will die with you.
All my grown up children think the same way as me on most issues. I know you are a mixed up person. Peace to you and your kind. You can come and set on my back porch anytime.

Me. I'm happy, I sleep sound in the knowledge your kind are dying out every day and few will be interested in your dead end ideas. Your sort are doomed to the unvisited dust bend of history. You won't be missed.
Ahh the life of those who vote for a living.

Reactions: RednBlack83

Um, you know your "likes" are accumulative? You have 16.

huffington post board ?

only 24% of registered voters claim to be liberal !!

Reactions: Rolodawg2011

Interesting how your tirades against so-called racist attitudes always includes insults against others who don't share your views. You do realize that your own prejudices and words of hate rival or exceed any based on race. Since you seem to hate everything connected with the history of the south and most of those still living here, I just don't understand why you don't move to some place like Oregon where you can sit and discuss your moral superiority while smoking a "bong". Maybe gleefully discuss how great it is that gay couples can now marry and how wonderful that 15 year olds in Oregon can get a state funded sex-change without even notifying the parents. Now that's the kind of progressive world you'd be welcomed in and I'm sure you'd feel more comfortable there than having to live amongst southerners. Just sayin.

Your type are the ones in love with a long dead slave holding enemy that killed hundreds of thousands of good LOYAL AMERICANS.
Now you have the temerity to claim patriotism while hating everything good about this Country's heritage and holding on to the worst in our history as if it makes you some kind of heroic figure. You're a historical dead end is what you are, you're just too consumed with hate to see it.

Burying your head in your ass and ignoring or trying to change history won't make the past go away. When living in Germany I had the "privilege" to meet one of my German friend's older friends. An older gentleman who attended a "stammtisch", a Saturday gathering at a local pub, with many of the local townspeople. He was one of the fellas that signed a beer stein as a going-away gift that I still have today. This gentleman was one of the few hundred Germans, among thousands, who survived the Russian prison camps in WWII and made it back home alive. Did I look at Karl as someone who personally persecuted Jews and supported Hitler and the Nazis? No, he was just like every German and American soldier who was drafted to fight in a war they didn't start and didn't want. I'm sure he's not alive today, but I still admire the sacrifices he made and understood the physical and emotional toll that he endured. Until you realize that honoring the sacrifice of those who fight wars has nothing to do with the underlying reasons wars are fought, you'll be the same misguided angry individual that you are today. For that reason ONLY, I feel sorry for you.

Last edited:
So you went from I have no support therefore my views aren't viable, to, I'm used to a choir of agreement.
I've got better things to do than play along with your illogic.
Yes. I'm sure the national board is full of people who don't challenge your views. You don't argue or read very well.

10 th amendment. Don't know your age. Did or would you serve in combat to protect this country?
I'm confused. First you talked about things Lincoln said and now you're on the Tenth Amendment. The Tenth Amendment was meant to resolve questions of authority between the state and federal governments. It completely flies in the face of logic to think that if the Founding Fathers had meant for secession to be an option for states that they would have just let some catch-all amendment be what created that authority. Rule of law would demand that there be some structure to handle a situation as potentially disruptive as a state or states seceding.

Again with the hypothetical question. What is the point? Am I supposed to appreciate the fact that Lee took up arms for a cause he believed in? I can appreciate what he did for what he thought was right. A lot of men, North and South, did the same.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT