ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia offers Ala. WR Norman, visit coming soon

The slender and explosive route-runner admitted the tender was a milestone in his recruitment. Busy visit run coming up for him, but a trip to Athens should materialize soon

Pump the breaks on the doom and gloom

We all agree that Georgia played probably it's worst stretch of baseball vs Kentucky. I mean, the team looked nothing like the team we've been watching the first 4 weeks. Today and this week, you'll read a narrative on social media and the Vent that the Kentucky series was proof that Georgia was overhyped and that the stats were padded by playing such a weak pre-SEC schedule. And some of that is true. I'm not going to sit here and say that the schedule was challenging. But not many other teams faced a challenging schedule either and didn't fare as well as Georgia did.

But we need to pump the breaks and stop acting like the Kentucky series is proof this team played a weak schedule and was just overhyped. That's a lazy narrative. There is a lot this team needs to correct for sure, and we all know pitching is going to be a challenge to overcome, but baseball teams also just have a run of bad baseball where everything just goes wrong. That really never happened up to this point (and no, I do not count the loss to Mich St). If we are having this same conversation after the Bama series, then perhaps the narrative might be real. But for now, let's just say we saw some ugly baseball this weekend - which happens in baseball - and that the season is far from over. The goal was never to have a winning conference record this year. It was to have enough wins to be in contention to make a regional. That goal is still very much in play.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT