ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Shout out to all the medical professionals

I get many of us have had issues with a doctors office or an insurance issue or a medical person who is either too busy, too dismissive or too overworked.

And we rightly complain about those people, just like we do about bad waiters, or contractors or crappy journalists.

Yesterday I was at the ER with my 84-year-old aunt. She's like a mother to me after my own passed when I was 2. She speaks perfect English even though she is Palestinian. She went to a Quaker boarding school and worked for years as a translator. She's lived in the States for 50 yards. But at 84 and suffering from what she thought was a stroke (it wasn't), she was not the easiest person to understand.

The nurse and doctor at Piedmont in Covington did an excellent job looking after her and taking time with her. Of course, it took forever. And I would not say, from experience, the same courtesy would have been extended if she had gone to the Piedmont in Conyers. So I salute Dr. Cooper and Tommy the paramedic as they made an old lady's day. And by extension, the day of her very nervous nephew.

So for all you medical people on here who just all sorts of crap all day every day, I want to say thank you for the moments of relief you bring.

(Except for my senior year physical therapist - you heartless bastard)

D1Baseball Week 5 Top 25

RankTeamOverall RecordRecord Last WeekPrevious Rank
1Arkansas17-24-01
2Oregon State17-22-13
3Vanderbilt18-34-09
4Clemson17-24-110
5LSU17-43-22
6Florida12-72-28
7Texas A&M18-22-24
8Tennessee18-32-25
9Duke15-52-36
10East Carolina14-44-011
11Alabama17-32-214
12Florida State18-04-0NR
13Coastal Carolina17-33-116
14Virginia16-43-117
15Dallas Baptist16-33-119
16Wake Forest13-61-37
17Oklahoma13-64-1NR
18TCU15-51-312
19Virginia Tech14-43-1NR
20North Carolina17-43-215
21Mississippi State15-63-2NR
22Campbell15-44-021
23Auburn13-61-318
24UC Irvine15-32-222
25UC Santa Barbara12-53-025

Carson Beck at PXG

"Earlier today (3/17), Carson Beck, the University of Georgia’s starting quarterback, visited PXG in Buckhead for a custom club fitting. Photos and video can be found here.

In partnership with The Players’ Lounge, Carson received complimentary clubs and experienced PXG’s premium one-on-one golf club fitting. PXG Fittings are an experience unlike any other. Immersive, data-driven, fully personalized, totally fun, and focused entirely on maximizing performance. Equipped with advanced technology for performance tracking and analysis, along with all of PXG’s club offerings, PXG Master Fitters deliver a tour-caliber fitting in a fun and unassuming way.

Through a new partnership agreement, The Players’ Lounge works with current and former University of Georgia student-athletes to create unique and exciting branding and NIL opportunities similar to Carson’s experience at PXG. Leveraging NIL, TPL’s platform aims to close the gap between the fan and the athlete, providing fans the opportunity to enjoy authentic, engaging, player-centric content and experiences they can’t find anywhere else.

The Players’ Lounge was co-founded by former University of Georgia student-athletes Aaron Murray and Keith Marshall with the vision of creating a platform allowing student-athletes a sustainable avenue to participate in the multi-million-dollar media industry surrounding college sports. Since launching in 2022, TPL has worked with more than 300 student-athletes across eight major universities, including more than 80 athletes from the University of Georgia. The Players’ Lounge currently hosts several weekly shows featuring current and former UGA student-athletes across all sports."

This sucks....

Just like the Dawgs and CWJ, I got my ass handed to me in my predictions. Although, I did only predict one win this weekend. I didn't predict we would be completely noncompetitive. That's what sucks.

I'm not gonna focus on the astute issues already raised about how we can improve. I just want to say that the head man has to get better. I'm confident he knows that.

Let's see how this week goes. Does Jarvis start Tues? I mean we saved him for one inning the whole week.

It's never as good or bad as it seems. I think you'll see a different team back at home.

Not exactly what I wanted to see today with….

Diamond Dawgs battling to avoid the sweep against UK and the Gators and the barn playing for SECT championship at 1. A huge UGH.

Would love to see UGA men’s tennis take down #12 A&M (still searching for that first SEC match win).

Good to see gymnastics finishing 1st at Kidney Care gymnastics champ. From Gadogs.com: “The No. 20 University of Georgia gymnastics team posted its highest away score to finish first at the Kidney Care Gymnastics Championship with a 197.450. The GymDogs beat No. 23 Maryland (196.725), Iowa (196.525), Pitt (195.925), and Talladega (192.450).”

Also, women’s golf finished 3rd in FSU matchup: “Led by a fifth-place individual finish by Caterina Don, the No. 25-ranked Georgia women's golf team wrapped up play third on the team leaderboard at the FSU Match Up on Saturday. The Bulldogs carded a 5-under 859 as a team at Seminole Legacy Golf Club.”

THE REAL GOOD though. Softball going for a sweep of the Tide today. Man, they just seem to be rolling. Feel like this is our best squad we’ve had in a really long time. Coach Tony has pitchers and that lineup he has. They can hit and produce. This doesn’t seem like a team that can only make it to OKC….it looks like a team that can win the whole thing. Yes, even go toe-to-toe with Okla. Let’s hope the ladies can keep rolling.

UPDATE 5-star DL spends weekend in Athens

Login to view embedded media
Just spoke with Griffin for about 10 minutes.

The five-star defensive lineman from Savannah enjoyed watching practice in Athens yesterday. He said the offense looked phenomenal, while the defense might still have some work to do. But that plays into the pitch from Tray Scott and Kirby Smart of needing Griffin (and others like Justus Terry) to restock the cupboard with game-wreckers up front.

Griffin also stayed in Athens overnight. He went to breakfast this morning with Tray Scott, assistant D-line coach Dayton LeBlanc, and Kirby Smart.

Griffin's mother accompanied him to Athens. He said she had a great time. The two are very close and Griffin's mother is important in this recruitment.

On that front, two interesting notes.

One, Griffin said the only campuses his mother has visited with him are Georgia and South Carolina. She has only been to Columbia once, while she has been to Athens about as many times as Griffin has.

Also, while Griffin maintained this decision is his own, he did say on the record that his mother favors Georgia at this point.

Full story to come tomorrow.

NonDawg For as much as I HATE the barn….they got screwed with their region.

Reading Mark Bradley’s article he just put out (I’m gonna include an interesting quote later on in this post from him) but the barn got screwed.

From Bradley:

“So you’re Auburn – No. 5 nationally in NCAA’s own NET ratings, No. 4 in Ken Pomeroy’s, winner of a loaded SEC Tournament. Here’s your reward – the No. 4 seed in the same region as the reigning champ and overall No. 1, plus an all-expenses-paid trip to Spokane, Wash., for a possible Round 2 matchup with reigning national runner-up San Diego State.

(Maybe you’re pointing to Auburn being 2-7 in Quad 1 games. Don’t. Know who else was 2-7 versus Q1 competition? Virginia. Know where UVA is ranked by NET? Fifty-fourth. It shouldn’t be in the field. But it is.)”

Here is the interesting part from the article. I hope to gosh Bradley is wrong but Auburn is rolling right now….

“Maybe that’ll happen with Auburn. For my sake, I’m hoping it happens with Auburn. Because I’m picking Pearl and Co. to beat San Diego State, upset UConn in the Sweet 16 and win the whole shebang. Yeah, I’m nuts.

Or am I? (Don’t answer that.) Of the past 24 champs, 17 were ranked 11th or better by KenPom in both offensive and defensive efficiency. Only two teams in the land fit that criterion today. One’s UConn. Auburn’s the other.

I was prepared to pick a UConn-Auburn final. In my addled way, I still am. It’s just that this UConn-Auburn game will happen not on Semifinal Saturday in Glendale, Ariz., but nine days earlier in Boston.“
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT