ADVERTISEMENT

Gov and Senate races in GA…

Dawgdocindosta

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jun 17, 2001
I live in South Georgia and I’m amazed how many signs I see (both yard signs and billboards) for Abrams and Warnock. I felt like SGA would be a conservative stronghold. But it seems anything but that. Are you guys seeing this in your communities? Also, a local church had on their sign out front “God bless Stacey Abrams”. I’m pretty sure they should lose their tax exempt status for that. But they certainly will not. There is a commercial for one of them almost every commercial cycle. MAJOR money being dumped into these races by the dems. Three to five months ago I didn’t think this senate race would be too close and the governors race would be close. Now I’m not sure on either. As a conservative, I hope this changes. I cannot imagine Abrams being our leader. I’m about 20 miles from Florida. Maybe it’s time to do some house shopping.
JC

Kemp looks to be in pretty good shape based on the poling I’ve seen . He has a 5 to 6 pt lead. Walker looks to have a slight lead but is basically even with Warnock. The good news is the media has already thrown everything at Walker that they have and he is still standing. Warnock has a terrible voting record and Walker should focus on that.

I live in South Georgia and I’m amazed how many signs I see (both yard signs and billboards) for Abrams and Warnock. I felt like SGA would be a conservative stronghold. But it seems anything but that. Are you guys seeing this in your communities? Also, a local church had on their sign out front “God bless Stacey Abrams”. I’m pretty sure they should lose their tax exempt status for that. But they certainly will not. There is a commercial for one of them almost every commercial cycle. MAJOR money being dumped into these races by the dems. Three to five months ago I didn’t think this senate race would be too close and the governors race would be close. Now I’m not sure on either. As a conservative, I hope this changes. I cannot imagine Abrams being our leader. I’m about 20 miles from Florida. Maybe it’s time to do some house shopping.
JC
With today’s climate, the last thing I am going to do is have a sign put in my yard…

If Abrams wins I will move to TENn or FL, may do so anyway soon and keep my house here for business trips.
Loved TN when I lived there (Nashville). Was there 12 years and made friends that were like family…..they still are. They were always there if you needed them, “shirt off their back” type folks.

Most all of those guys were from east TN. But come football season, they change on you in a NY minute.

Just don’t watch a game with them, they ALL are crazy.

Herschel is turning out to be a bad candidate . He’s a DGD so that’s all I’ll say about that.

If Abrams wins it will only convince me even more that our elections are rigged. Kemp has his faults , but just imagine the State of Georgia with Abrams as Governor during Covid. Kemp opened up the State and gave everyone else the finger.

Herschel is turning out to be a bad candidate . He’s a DGD so that’s all I’ll say about that.

If Abrams wins it will only convince me even more that our elections are rigged. Kemp has his faults , but just imagine the State of Georgia with Abrams as Governor during Covid. Kemp opened up the State and gave everyone else the finger.
Kemp said that he felt everyone is essential. Not only was he correct, but how can anyone argue with his reasoning? I thought he handled Covid, which will likely be the most consequential occurrence of our lifetime, magnificently. Abrams doesn’t deserve it.

Abrams is a big " defund Police " loser ...how could she be elected !!!

Because for many, identities are important than issues. It is one of the hardest things for me to believe, but it's the truth.

Abrams vs Kemp should be a slam dunk for Kemp, but it will be close.
Abrams has spent $450,000 on private security since announcing her candidacy ,yet she is strongly tied to "Defund Police " groups !! I guess she doesn't believe the average citizen needs protection , just her and her ilk ...typical !!!

Warnock up 10 pts last poll I saw...!
Saw that poll as well, have a hard time believing it although Herschel is a terrible candidate.

Poll also said Kemp and Abrams were tied, so many more folks voted for Kemp in the primaries rather than Abrams, I just have to think Kemp wins this fairly easily.

Warnock and Hershell will be close.

Reactions: nice marmot
My neighbor opposite has an Abrams sign in her yard. They're Brooklyn lawyer transplants so there's that, nice people but brought their politics south with them. The neighbor on the other side of the street from them is in the Braves front office. I know he loves looking at that every day.

Technically we have covenants against political signs but I think it's better to let the Abrams voters identify themselves. There's another Abrams voter a few doors down but no sign yet. She's a smokin' hot trophy wife though. Gotta be a store bought rack.

Saw that poll as well, have a hard time believing it although Herschel is a terrible candidate.

Poll also said Kemp and Abrams were tied, so many more folks voted for Kemp in the primaries rather than Abrams, I just have to think Kemp wins this fairly easily.

No way that poll is correct. Warnock maybe you but not 10% and no way kemp/Abrams are tied. I wonder where they took their poll - Fulton County?

I am legitimately concerned about the number of Georgians, who say they will vote for Warnock. Even more concerning is the reason why.

Over and over I hear, "I'm voting for Warnock, because Republicans are evil". Not because Herschel is a bad candidate....but because EVERY REPUBLICAN is evil and dangerous.

That's a problem folks.

No way that poll is correct.
Check out the methodology of that poll. If you compare the January poll to the recent one, there is a total swing of around 9 points towards the Dems in how the respondents identify (R VS D). That explains the shift from January when Herschel was up one point if I recall correctly. In other words, the recent poll had a net plus 9 Dems included in the poll compared to January.

It makes no sense to me that there would be that big of a shift in how people self identify since January. If anything I would think the shift would be in the other direction.

Reactions: Dawgdocindosta
I am legitimately concerned about the number of Georgians, who say they will vote for Warnock. Even more concerning is the reason why.

Over and over I hear, "I'm voting for Warnock, because Republicans are evil". Not because Herschel is a bad candidate....but because EVERY REPUBLICAN is evil and dangerous.

That's a problem folks.
Sort of like the faction on here who label everyone with their childish names and labels. Anyone who is not republican is liberal, demonrat, demorat, etc. Are you likewise concerned with this , because it is exactly the same problem from the other side, or do you only notice it when liberals are crying and calling the other side evil etc? This isn’t meant to be an in your face post, just kind of made me chuckle when you said that. And lets be honest, here on the chat, one side is far more guilty of doing what you said ,the labeling and name calling part that is………..I do wish we could be a little more civil to each other, but i know that will never happen, at least not on the chat. Have a blessed day .

Sort of like the faction on here who label everyone with their childish names and labels. Anyone who is not republican is liberal, demonrat, demorat, etc. Are you likewise concerned with this , because it is exactly the same problem from the other side, or do you only notice it when liberals are crying and calling the other side evil etc? This isn’t meant to be an in your face post, just kind of made me chuckle when you said that. And lets be honest, here on the chat, one side is far more guilty of doing what you said ,the labeling and name calling part that is………..I do wish we could be a little more civil to each other, but i know that will never happen, at least not on the chat. Have a blessed day .

I agree that we should be more civil. And you've got me for calling out one side, and not the other.

I agree that we should be more civil. And you've got me for calling out one side, and not the other.
Even with the media, they love to fan the flames….divisiveness sells. The issue is, most fall for it, too many can be easily swayed, not enough of independent thinkers.

Some are just too lazy to do their homework.

Last edited:
Warnock up 10 pts last poll I saw...!
Will you get the same tingling feelings up your legs voting for him as Obama… just feels so good to vote for such cool down to earth guys, right? I mean have you seen Warnock’s commercials?… he’s just a normal dude you could sit down and have a beer with… average Joe fighting for us… he’s definitely looking out for you and your fam Dan… no doubt…
Honest question. Why Warnock? He lied to get votes.

Openly blasphemed God to get the vote. Christian or not, how does one justify that?

Just asking
You know why Willy… same reason the sheep voted for Obama… it’s that suburban white guilt and righteousness… they vote for politicians that blatantly and obviously don’t care what’s best for them, but it sure feels good… gotta let everyone on the street know you stand for peace and equality… and just in case the BLM mostly peaceful marches come down their street in Dunwoody or Grant Park, they’ll leave them alone because of the cardboard sign out front lol… republicans are evil money hungry racist white men and everyone knows that… gotta vote for the more honest candidates like Warnock that stick up for the lil guy (not fetus lil though)… plus have you heard Herschel speak, I mean he’s no preacher like Warnock… who cares about the impact of their policies… we all know having better commercials and being a great speaker are more captivating to the huddled masses than some mental jock Uncle Tom with a country accent… duh!
She's a smokin' hot trophy wife though. Gotta be a store bought rack.
Rules!!! Pics or lies…
My neighbor opposite has an Abrams sign in her yard. They're Brooklyn lawyer transplants so there's that, nice people but brought their politics south with them.
It’s sickening and there’s nothing we can do about it… it’s getting worse by the day… I go on sales calls all around the metro Atl area and over 50% of the potential clients I meet with are from Chicago, Baltimore, DC, NY, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, etc… I’m thankful they are calling me and the opportunity to make an income… but most put off this better-than-you vibe and seem surprised that this guy that just got out of a oil burning pickup truck can speak intelligently and actually knows what he’s talking about… I mean their employers are moving here because it’s better/easier doing biz here…they are happily moving here because the weather is better and their dollar goes farther… I’ve realized they honestly think they are so far superior in intelligence than us toothless rednecks and are coming to show us the progressive light… but they can’t see they are leaving those cities and coming here because things like more opportunities, cost of living, new house lots sizes, etc. are overall bigger/better here… if you were so smart and realized that, why would you come here and vote for the same policies that made you and/or your employer leave that state?… it’s crazy and sad… because of these new Georgians, I’m afraid Warnock wins and it’ll be close for ol Stacy…

Last edited:
Honestly not necessary from you. I consider you a good poster who is respectful as one can be on these here chats. It was more tongue in cheek from me, but good natured ribbing is also something we have seemingly forgotten how to do around here, maybe one day we can get back to that, but probably not before pubs are fully back in control lol

Pagan preacher may have been caught with hand in the cookie jar again. This is reported by Politico, a far left site btw. If he can continue to fleece enough voters he will be rich beyond his wildest dreams.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedcoatOf94

Polls are immaculate now in the day and age where people don’t answer spam calls. This poll polled about 1500 people who answered the phone. Supposedly by random number generators . Polls also had Hillary winning in a landslide.

I'll prolly vote for Kemp and Warnock.
My plan is to do the same. I was emotional and off base on a lot of my Kemp criticism re Covid due to the fact I lost my Dad in the beginning of the pandemic. I've been able to logically go back and review things and I think he's the safer candidate over Abrams. I reviewed Warnock's voting record and I will accept it over Herschel. I don't agree with everything Warnock stands for but that's pretty much how I feel about every candidate. I just don't think Herschel could even write a bill to vote on if he were made to do so. He is really an unfortunate candidate and I don't see any redeeming values in electing him.

My plan is to do the same. I was emotional and off base on a lot of my Kemp criticism re Covid due to the fact I lost my Dad in the beginning of the pandemic. I've been able to logically go back and review things and I think he's the safer candidate over Abrams. I reviewed Warnock's voting record and I will accept it over Herschel. I don't agree with everything Warnock stands for but that's pretty much how I feel about every candidate. I just don't think Herschel could even write a bill to vote on if he were made to do so. He is really an unfortunate candidate and I don't see any redeeming values in electing him.
Having the republicans with the majority in The Senate is a pretty redeeming value.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT