ADVERTISEMENT

Historic West Virginia Catholic Church burned to ground by arsonist, police say

Those responsible may not pay in this lifetime, but they will pay. If you want to get on the expressway to hell , I can’t think of a better way than to burn down the Lord’s house.Some people that live among us are lower than whale shit!

Democrat doing what they do when they don't get their way example #1,245,239

If you would take some time to read and think about some of what you post you might recognize that articles like this are designed to feed your anger while intentionally misleading you about the facts. Humor me while I deconstruct what this journalistic gem of an article states as fact and what it then wants you to infer.

Historic West Virginia Catholic church burned to ground by arsonist, police say

St. Colman Catholic Church is only the most recent church to face an arson attack

So the headline is accurate about the facts. This church (which hasn't been used since 1984) burned down, arson is suspected and there have been other catholic churches that have been set fire by arsonists recently. All true.

Based on how the article is written, here is what the article wants you and others to infer:

This potential arson is related to the recent SCOTUS ruling on abortion. Yet the article doesn't mention abortion, supreme court, protest or anything else related because there are no facts support that conclusion other than the timing but that's clearly how you are intended to interpret the article.

To help you along the path of inferring what they want you to infer, they share that "Catholic churches across the U.S. and in Canada have faced a spate of vandalism and arson attacks in recent years." They want you to believe that this isn't an isolated occurrence but it is in fact a pattern of liberals burning down Catholic churches (feeding your headline of "example #1,254,239"). Yet when you click through to their supporting article, there isn't a single example from the US and the nine churches burned down in Canada are related to protests against the century and a half practice of forced removal, assimilation and abuse of indigenous children. It has nothing to do with abortion or any other liberal grievance and is entirely a Canadian issue that becomes more horrible the more that is uncovered about it. Yet this article clearly wants you to tie churches, arson, liberals and abortion into a nice little angry knot in your head. Mission accomplished.

This particular situation may turn out to be related to the recent ruling, although if I were angry enough to burn down a historic, unoccupied and unused church as a protest I might be inclined to leave behind some indication of the nature of my protest.

Now, let's look at other reporting of the event. The National Review has an article, and they do actually provide some facts regarding other vandalism against Catholic churches. However, it doesn't support the narrative of liberals being solely responsible.

"The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has tracked at least 142 incidents of vandalism at Catholic sites in the U.S. since May 2020. The incidents, which have occurred across 36 states and Washington, D.C., include arson; statues beheaded; statue limbs cut, smashed, and painted; gravestones defaced with swastikas and anti-Catholic language and American flags next to them burned; and other destruction and vandalism."

You may not know that hardcore white Christian nationalists dislike Catholics and the Catholic church almost as much as they dislike Jews. That may or may not be relevant in WV but the overall circumstances of vandalism against Catholic churches is certainly more complex than what your article would have you believe.

If you want to read about vandalism against houses of worship, google "synagogue vandalism". That will keep you busy for quite a while. Here is Nick Fuentes, who @Zonadog knows is a favorite of Wenday Rogers, Paul Gosar and some other republicans, not being subtle about inflaming anti-jewish anger and violence.

Thank you for sharing the article. It is a great example of how disingenuous organizations (both right and left) intentionally fuel anger to increase clicks and harvest our money.

Last edited:
If you would take some time to read and think about some of what you post you might recognize that articles like this are designed to feed your anger while intentionally misleading you about the facts. Humor me while I deconstruct what this journalistic gem of an article states as fact and what it then wants you to infer.

St. Colman Catholic Church is only the most recent church to face an arson attack

So the headline is accurate about the facts. This church (which hasn't been used since 1984) burned down, arson is suspected and there have been other catholic churches that have been set fire by arsonists recently. All true.

Based on how the article is written, here is what the article wants you and others to infer:

This potential arson is related to the recent SCOTUS ruling on abortion. Yet the article doesn't mention abortion, supreme court, protest or anything else related because there are no facts support that conclusion other than the timing but that's clearly how you are intended to interpret the article.

To help you along the path of inferring what they want you to infer, they share that "Catholic churches across the U.S. and in Canada have faced a spate of vandalism and arson attacks in recent years." They want you to believe that this isn't an isolated occurrence but it is in fact a pattern of liberals burning down Catholic churches (feeding your headline of "example #1,254,239"). Yet when you click through to their supporting article, there isn't a single example from the US and the nine churches burned down in Canada are related to protests against the century and a half practice of forced removal, assimilation and abuse of indigenous children. It has nothing to do with abortion or any other liberal grievance and is entirely a Canadian issue that becomes more horrible the more that is uncovered about it. Yet this article clearly wants you to tie churches, arson, liberals and abortion into a nice little angry knot in your head. Mission accomplished.

This particular situation may turn out to be related to the recent ruling, although if I were angry enough to burn down a historic, unoccupied and unused church as a protest I might be inclined to leave behind some indication of the nature of my protest.

Now, let's look at other reporting of the event. The National Review has an article, and they do actually provide some facts regarding other vandalism against Catholic churches. However, it doesn't support the narrative of liberals being solely responsible.

"The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has tracked at least 142 incidents of vandalism at Catholic sites in the U.S. since May 2020. The incidents, which have occurred across 36 states and Washington, D.C., include arson; statues beheaded; statue limbs cut, smashed, and painted; gravestones defaced with swastikas and anti-Catholic language and American flags next to them burned; and other destruction and vandalism."

You may not know that hardcore white Christian nationalists dislike Catholics and the Catholic church almost as much as they dislike Jews. That may or may not be relevant in WV but the overall circumstances of vandalism against Catholic churches is certainly more complex than what your article would have you believe.

If you want to read about vandalism against houses of worship, google "synagogue vandalism". That will keep you busy for quite a while. Here is Nick Fuentes, who @Zonadog knows is a favorite of Wenday Rogers, Paul Gosar and some other republicans, not being subtle about inflaming anti-jewish anger and violence.

Thank you for sharing the article. It is a great example of how disingenuous organizations (both right and left) intentionally fuel anger to increase clicks and harvest our money.
Typical epistle to try and protect the possibility of who might have destroyed the historical church . I have been fortunate enough to attend churches that had older churches outside of town that they maintained and utilized occasionally , not Catholic but Episcopal , and they were very much an important part of the community even though not used regularly. The churches had a wealth of history and taught us all involved how our forefathers navigated a different world during some treacherous times . The loss of the church in West Virginia is a tragedy , also the loss of a lot of historical symbols that have been lost lately in this country, due to political division .

Typical epistle to try and protect the possibility of who might have destroyed the historical church . I have been fortunate enough to attend churches that had older churches outside of town that they maintained and utilized occasionally , not Catholic but Episcopal , and they were very much an important part of the community even though not used regularly. The churches had a wealth of history and taught us all involved how our forefathers navigated a different world during some treacherous times . The loss of the church in West Virginia is a tragedy , also the loss of a lot of historical symbols that have been lost lately in this country, due to political division .
Jenkins, I majored in history and it is a lifelong passion. I also happened to have the privilege of being married at St Helena's in Beaufort, which as you know is one of the most historic churches in the entire country. I didn't mean in any way to minimize the tragedy of losing a historic structure such as the one featured in the article. I hope they find whoever is responsible and throw the book at them. This doesn't change in any way the points I made in my analysis of the post shared by @Savannah_Dawg.

Reactions: celticdawg

Yes, the press is misleading. The press wants to stoke fears so the conservative right will get angry. The even farther left press National Review says much of these vandalism acts are really white nazi conservatives.

The false idol of liberal media you worship to may be worse than scientology.

Yes, the press is misleading. The press wants to stoke fears so the conservative right will get angry. The even farther left press National Review says much of these vandalism acts are really white nazi conservatives.

The false idol of liberal media you worship to may be worse than scientology.
Dude, the National Review is William F. Buckley's magazine and is long a part of the bedrock of conservative journalism and opinion in this country. I would have thought that anyone who considers themselves a well read conservative would know that. That's embarrassing.

I dont know why you even bother to respond to these guys, much less stay respectful in your tone, your a much better man than me. I don’t bother to participate anymore with people who can remain anonymous, and say whatever thay want without consequences, label, and name call, all while getting off at being a keyboard tough guy. I will continue to influence people who i can talk to face to face, that’s where I’m most effective. Can’t have healthy back and fourth with people who have zero emotional intelligence and control over said emotions. Hats off to you Will, and hats off to anyone who has managed to stay above all the name calling while remaining civil with each other, i know how hard that is on here.

WTF is your point? It sounds like you are proving mine. Democrats have been burning and vandalizing churches for years now. Thanks

• Haha
So you actually think all the arson and vandlism being committed against Church's in the last few months have been Nazis? ROTFLMAO
I think my original response is as clear a summation of my thoughts as I can muster. If your take-away is that I blamed all church vandalism on nazis, I could write a dissertation on the topic and it won’t change your view. Cheers.

I think my original response is as clear a summation of my thoughts as I can muster. If your take-away is that I blamed all church vandalism on nazis, I could write a dissertation on the topic and it won’t change your view. Cheers.
TLDR. Because you lie in total denial. You think Democrats are pure as the wind-driven snow. They do nothing wrong. Hillary could be caught with a bag with 100,000 mail-in ballots stuffing them in a drop off box and you would say they were legit votes. You think the Chicago Democrat party is clean and could not be run better than Beetlejuice is running it.

Last edited:
TLDR. Because you lie in total denial. You think Democrats are pure as the wind-driven snow. They do nothing wrong. Hillary could be caught with a bag with 100,000 mail-in ballots stuffing them in a drop off box and you would say they were legit votes. You think the Chicago Democrat party is clean and could not be run better than Beetlejuice is running it.
Somehow you have managed to ascribe to me four specific opinions that I have never expressed in this post or any other threads and in fact have expressed the opposite. I never voted for Hillary or her husband. Both political parties are corrupt. I've never lived in Chicago but I suspect the democratic machine there is cut-throat and dirty.

There is a lot more grey in the realm of politics than you care to understand but I get that it is a lot easier to live in a world of My Team Good, Your Team Evil.

I am confident there is solid evidence that only one party has ever developed and executed a detailed, multi-part plan to overturn a presidential election but given you have decided I am on the Evil Team I won't waste our time reviewing facts and evidence yet again.

Somehow you have managed to ascribe to me four specific opinions that I have never expressed in this post or any other threads and in fact have expressed the opposite. I never voted for Hillary or her husband. Both political parties are corrupt. I've never lived in Chicago but I suspect the democratic machine there is cut-throat and dirty.

There is a lot more grey in the realm of politics than you care to understand but I get that it is a lot easier to live in a world of My Team Good, Your Team Evil.

I am confident there is solid evidence that only one party has ever developed and executed a detailed, multi-part plan to overturn a presidential election but given you have decided I am on the Evil Team I won't waste our time reviewing facts and evidence yet again.
Democrats have been encouraging insurrection for a week now. They are calling for the end of the Supreme Court. They have tried to take over capitol buildings in multiple cities. They have tried to kill a Justice. Not a word from you about any of that. You accuse me of being a my team vs your team guy and you are exactly the same way.

Democrats have been encouraging insurrection for a week now. They are calling for the end of the Supreme Court. They have tried to take over capitol buildings in multiple cities. They have tried to kill a Justice. Not a word from you about any of that. You accuse me of being a my team vs your team guy and you are exactly the same way.

I see you've drawn out will and his minions yet again. There have been several confirmed attacks against Catholic churches and centers in recent weeks by leftist groups (namely, Jane's Revenge), with a clear indication that it in response to (and for the earlier ones, in anticipation of) Roe v. Wade being overturned.

But somehow, it's far-fetched to believe a historic Catholic church being burned to the ground would be part of these leftist attacks? Not only that, but @willdup tries to shift the attention to "Christian white nationalism" and anti-Semitism, in spite of this clear motive, because OF COURSE he does.

Reactions: Savannah_Dawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT