ADVERTISEMENT

Is Rasmussen legit?

The folks at Rasmussen definitely lean right politically, and most of their clients are Republican. They have been among the most accurate pollsters over the last 4 national elections. Their presidential approval rating poll has been more favorable to Joe Biden over his term than most other major polls.

Everything in the Tweet you posted is true. They have been very careful about verifying what they put out there.

They have a bone to pick with election integrity, because anything that compromises an election makes their job harder or impossible, since you can't "poll" accuracy.

Last edited:
We apply more scrutiny toward Bobo for only dropping 41 points on UTM than we're willing to do for election security.

That's where we're at...
Take it up with your Republican Gov, Republican Lt. Gov and Republican SoS. Didn't Kemp just say the 2020 election was secure and fair?

• Haha
Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Take it up with your Republican Gov, Republican Lt. Gov and Republican SoS. Didn't Kemp just say the 2020 election was secure and fair?
I've called those folks out plenty of times here. I was ridiculed for wanting a Republican candidate to challenge Kemp in the 2022 primary.

When asked why I have issues with Kemp, my response involved election related shenanigans that caught my attention back when he was SOS.

Aside from the voter roll purging methods, GA election records were hacked at KSU and I'm pretty sure there was some issue with personal information being sold that got swept under the rug, but I don't have any sources for that at the moment.

I've never shown love for Brad. I called him out when he said Fulton County was a mess and would be dealt with...sure enough nothing of significance has happened.

They're all snakes. Glad Kemp won though because Stacey wasn't a good choice. I wish the Democrats would run a better candidate too.

It all stinks man. Sorry you're stuck in a world of left vs right. I have no problem going after both sides.

The folks at Rasmussen definitely lean right politically, and most of their clients are Republican. They have been among the most accurate pollsters over the last 4 national elections. Their presidential approval rating poll has been more favorable to Joe Biden over his term than most other major polls.

Everything in the Tweet you posted is true. They have been very careful about verifying what they put out there.

They have a bone to pick with election integrity, because anything that compromises an election makes their job harder or impossible, since you can't "poll" accuracy.
The Pew Institute basically said your last paragraph following the 2020 election and is main reason I think shannagins occurred at more than a normal level. I’m paraphrasing what one of their members said on a conservative radio show on Thursday after the 2020 election - “the voting patterns in Detroit, Fulton Co, Philly and Pittsburgh were way out our models or matrix’s and we don’t have a rational method to explain. “. By the weekend following the election the PEW Institute stopped making any further comments , it’s almost like their donors gagged them….

I've called those folks out plenty of times here. I was ridiculed for wanting a Republican candidate to challenge Kemp in the 2022 primary.

When asked why I have issues with Kemp, my response involved election related shenanigans that caught my attention back when he was SOS.

Aside from the voter roll purging methods, GA election records were hacked at KSU and I'm pretty sure there was some issue with personal information being sold that got swept under the rug, but I don't have any sources for that at the moment.

I've never shown love for Brad. I called him out when he said Fulton County was a mess and would be dealt with...sure enough nothing of significance has happened.

They're all snakes. Glad Kemp won though because Stacey wasn't a good choice. I wish the Democrats would run a better candidate too.

It all stinks man. Sorry you're stuck in a world of left vs right. I have no problem going after both sides.
That is fair. I voted for Kemp, but long for a non career politician. I will vote for the candidate who protects unborn human life. From there, it’s a list of options.

I think Kemp is a good man who couldn’t bury his state in an election fraud controversy. He also was probably taken care of to hold this position.

Money and political leverage is astronomical. Millions upon millions are spent supporting candidates, to think they aren’t leveraged, you would be naive. Not you, just saying.

Abrahms would have been a train wreck. Kemp is a gentleman parking lot mishap.

That is fair. I voted for Kemp, but long for a non career politician. I will vote for the candidate who protects unborn human life. From there, it’s a list of options.

I think Kemp is a good man who couldn’t bury his state in an election fraud controversy. He also was probably taken care of to hold this position.

Money and political leverage is astronomical. Millions upon millions are spent supporting candidates, to think they aren’t leveraged, you would be naive. Not you, just saying.

Abrahms would have been a train wreck. Kemp is a gentleman parking lot mishap.
Yep. We also have to recognize that politics in the USA is an exercise in dumbing down the masses. Otherwise intelligent people literally believe popular narratives over their own assessments.

For example, just because I've had questions about election security long before 2020 and the specific examples I gave about Kemp prior to him becoming Governor doesn't mean I can't recognize that his handling of the state during the pandemic was largely positive and honestly he's a better GOP candidate than RDS IMO.

RDS had his wins, but he's toxic for a general election and I don't think he can overcome what the Democrats will throw at him if he wins the GOP nomination. They're sitting back to see if he can beat Trump before they unleash on him and that's the smart play.

Kemp projects more calm, firm, and measured. He can run on big wins for GA without the high profile baggage of RDS. The Dems tried to throw mud in 2022 leaning on Kemp driving voter suppression but it didn't stick as voters overwhelmingly picked him over Abrams and that was honestly a shock given that many GA voters we so willing to vote Hillary, Abrams 2018, and Biden compared to the strong conservative trends in GA otherwise. And for Abrams to disappear after defeat without even challenging the outcome by falling back on voter suppression makes Kemp clean for a national run.

Crazy political world right now. Who knows what's going to happen over the next 14 months.

Yep. We also have to recognize that politics in the USA is an exercise in dumbing down the masses. Otherwise intelligent people literally believe popular narratives over their own assessments.

For example, just because I've had questions about election security long before 2020 and the specific examples I gave about Kemp prior to him becoming Governor doesn't mean I can't recognize that his handling of the state during the pandemic was largely positive and honestly he's a better GOP candidate than RDS IMO.

RDS had his wins, but he's toxic for a general election and I don't think he can overcome what the Democrats will throw at him if he wins the GOP nomination. They're sitting back to see if he can beat Trump before they unleash on him and that's the smart play.

Kemp projects more calm, firm, and measured. He can run on big wins for GA without the high profile baggage of RDS. The Dems tried to throw mud in 2022 leaning on Kemp driving voter suppression but it didn't stick as voters overwhelmingly picked him over Abrams and that was honestly a shock given that many GA voters we so willing to vote Hillary, Abrams 2018, and Biden compared to the strong conservative trends in GA otherwise. And for Abrams to disappear after defeat without even challenging the outcome by falling back on voter suppression makes Kemp clean for a national run.

Crazy political world right now. Who knows what's going to happen over the next 14 months.
Good comments, only thing I would disagree slightly would be RDS would beat Biden if nominated. Moreover, if Kemp were the nominee the left would throw a can of worms at him just like they would RDS. Only reason media is treating Kemp kinder now is he pushed back on Trump.

I hate how they substitute the word ballot for vote. There is a difference

Good comments, only thing I would disagree slightly would be RDS would beat Biden if nominated. Moreover, if Kemp were the nominee the left would throw a can of worms at him just like they would RDS. Only reason media is treating Kemp kinder now is he pushed back on Trump.
I'm not saying Biden is better than RDS, I'm saying I don't trust the people as in times of crisis, many folks fall back to the security of the known. Same reason victims go running back to their abusers even after acknowledging the need to move on.

Also, of course they'll go after Kemp, but there won't be any talking points that will stick because his political reign in GA has been media tame outside of Abrams throwing mud about voter suppression. He doesn't have a Disney situation and GA hasn't been flagged as a threat to protected classes like Florida. Atlanta is still a popular destination city for events and relocation in the metro area so it'll be hard to paint the state bad.

The All-Star Game fiasco was the system's biggest attack on GA and thankfully the Braves winning the WS the same season forced media attention square on Atlanta to crush the narrative that we shouldn't host large events because of Jim Crowe 2.0. It didn't hurt for UGA to win the natty right after all that too which subconscious keeps Georgia in a favorable light.

These things matter because the national view of Georgia is generally positive as people just don’t see drama with their own eyes like Florida.

People are a lot more likely to fall for emotionally driven smears against RDS than Kemp.

The problem with RDS is that he's supposed to be the sane alternative to Trump. It seems like he's not making strides in the national view because the media has had a field day projecting him as too brash and not interested in being a man of the people whenever he's trying to appear strong. The only way he can combat that is to be Trump 2.0 and punch back. If he does that then anti-Trumpers will tear him apart as they'll be validated that he's Trump 2.0.

It's up to voters to not be swayed like they were in 2020. Not sure if enough people are sick of this mess yet, but still plenty out there making excuses for the current administration.

As far as the political gamesmanship, it's a stalemate. Trump is still polling better against Biden than RDS. That's a problem for RDS no matter how you slice it. More swing voters prefer Biden over RDS despite Biden's low approval rating and that supports my position that I can't see RDS winning a general election barring a significant change with Biden's status.

Diehard Republican voters might rally around RDS, but he's not drawing anyone else like Trump projects. That's why the uniparty is trying to get Trump off the ballot. He's still the largest threat. They're already talking about what to do if he's elected while these potential trials are still unresolved. I thought 2020 said he wasn't electable anymore.

Crazy stuff is going to happen. Keep an eye on the Covid response throughout the rest of the year.

Reactions: Dawgdocindosta
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT