ADVERTISEMENT

Is the 2024 Presidential race over at this point?

DawgWCK

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
for all practical purposes, has Biden blown his foot off at this point? I’m not ready to say it’s over but I suspect next round of polling is going to be very good for Trump. Biden is staying in , or that is my take. Trump needs to throw away his driver and try to just keep it in the fairway. No more debates, pick a competent VP, do rallies but stay on script . He was disciplined at the debate, can he remain disciplined as the front runner?

for all practical purposes, has Biden blown his foot off at this point? I’m not ready to say it’s over but I suspect next round of polling is going to be very good for Trump. Biden is staying in , or that is my take. Trump needs to throw away his driver and try to just keep it in the fairway. No more debates, pick a competent VP, do rallies but stay on script . He was disciplined at the debate, can he remain disciplined as the front runner?
It was firmly Trump’s to lose before the debate. He won’t do it but a total basement strategy at this point wins by a landslide.

Short of him dropping an N bomb on national TV, he boatraces Biden. Whitmer or Newsom? Toss up.

The only candidate that would concern me would be Michelle O. There would be a media orgy and Trump would be portrayed as David Duke if he criticized her or her policies.
She hates politics. Not gonna happen. Even if it did sure she is popular especially amongst democrats but I actually think there is a decent number of independents that would really be turned off by the win at any costs move that is effectively a proxy for Barrack to get an illegal 3rd term. Democracy anyone?

Reactions: oilslick
Yes, it's over.

Yep, nothing to be gained by Trump for a 2nd debate imo……just say he’s concerned for his health and well being (JB) and leave it at that.

Probably pick up even more votes.

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
She hates politics. Not gonna happen. Even if it did sure she is popular especially amongst democrats but I actually think there is a decent number of independents that would really be turned off by the win at any costs move that is effectively a proxy for Barrack to get an illegal 3rd term. Democracy anyone?
Imo, she hates Trump's/MAGA vision of America worse than she hates politics. If the Dems could get Joe elected in 2020 when he wasn't even able to campaign, I'd be willing to bet they could talk Michelle into a similar deal where she was nothing but a figure head that got to eat ice cream and fly around on AF 1.

Under any circumstances approaching a normal election year, the only possible answer would be, of course it’s over.

Biden completely flamed out, he couldn’t have performed worse. However, I don’t think some of the Trump voters on here understand how poorly Trump came across Thursday to the undecideds.

I take all polling with a giant grain of salt, but let’s look at the polling over the next few weeks and track what happens post debate. Ultimately there are only about 300k to 400k undecided voters in four to five states that will determine the outcome of this election. That makes predicting the outcome a lot more challenging than it would be otherwise.

Of course, if Joe steps aside, everything gets recalculated.

2 things are true here:

1: Biden sucked a big fat one Thursday night
2: elections are not decided in June.

If this happened in late September? Sure. I would concede it. But we still have over half a political lifetime until November.

Immediate polling I have seen after the debate showed a 1 pt move in trump's favor. Not sure you can get much more movement than that off this event as time passes and trump adds more sound bites.

Interested to see the move in undecideds. That's where this will be won or lost. If trump can't get their votes off this event he has much higher hill to climb than some think.

This is the conventional thinking. And you are correct. There will be a lot of - and has already started - spinning of Biden's absolutely disastrous outing. On 2nd watch, he was awful. But just like Trump, his poor performance, actually emboldened his committed followers. Even he has received MILLIONS in fund-raising since debate. I don't think it moved the needle much. Maybe a little from independents to Trump. But a little is all that is needed. Every rally, interview, etc.., you see FAR more Trump support and numbers.

I predict there will be a lot more tactics from the Dims we have no idea of - yet! The dirty play and witch hunts have not worked. It is going to get worse. Crazy stuff. Dims are going to do EVERYthing and ANYthing to stop Trump. Hold on.

Under any circumstances approaching a normal election year, the only possible answer would be, of course it’s over.

Biden completely flamed out, he couldn’t have performed worse. However, I don’t think some of the Trump voters on here understand how poorly Trump came across Thursday to the undecideds.

I take all polling with a giant grain of salt, but let’s look at the polling over the next few weeks and track what happens post debate. Ultimately there are only about 300k to 400k undecided voters in four to five states that will determine the outcome of this election. That makes predicting the outcome a lot more challenging than it would be otherwise.

Concur mostly - Trump didn’t do anything to attract more voters but Biden performed awful. Underlying question is will minority voters not come out and vote for Biden at this point, especially black males, just can’t see Biden getting nearly the margins in that category as he did in 2020.

Ever heard of Covid? Who would have thought Trump would lose in 2020 before Covid hit? Most all pundits, including the MSM, all but conceded that Trump would win big unless something unforeseen happened. It did.
Don’t put anything past the power hungry elites that really run things.
I’ll be honest, it scares me to think that something tragic could happen in the next couple of months just to keep Trump out of office, especially now that Biden has been exposed to the nation.

Concur mostly - Trump didn’t do anything to attract more voters but Biden performed awful. Underlying question is will minority voters not come out and vote for Biden at this point, especially black males, just can’t see Biden getting nearly the margins in that category as he did in 2020.
Did you note Trump’s comment during the debate about the illegal aliens taking all of the black jobs? That one managed to offend both groups.

Trump really performed poorly against a veritable corpse. As we’ve all acknowledged, the debate changed nothing for the people who already knew who they were voting for. The impact on the undecideds and turnout over all has yet to be determined.

Reactions: celticdawg
Ever heard of Covid? Who would have thought Trump would lose in 2020 before Covid hit? Most all pundits, including the MSM, all but conceded that Trump would win big unless something unforeseen happened. It did.
I’ll be honest, it scares me to think that something tragic could happen in the next couple of months just to keep Trump out of office, especially now that Biden has been exposed to the nation.
Ever heard of endless lies about election fraud and J6? It would be one thing if he stoped the lies or disavowed J6 but he’s leaned into both. That’s doesn’t sit well with a lot of voters.

Reactions: celticdawg
Ever heard of endless lies about election fraud and J6? It would be one thing if he stoped the lies or disavowed J6 but he’s leaned into both. That’s doesn’t sit well with a lot of voters.

And it sits well with a lot of voters

Did you note Trump’s comment during the debate about the illegal aliens taking all of the black jobs? That one managed to offend both groups.

Trump really performed poorly against a veritable corpse. As we’ve all acknowledged, the debate changed nothing for the people who already knew who they were voting for. The impact on the undecideds and turnout over all has yet to be determined.
I thought both Trump and Biden talked too much about “black” jobs. I’m an old white man and I felt a little uneasy. Maybe someone should ask both just exactly what is a “black” job?

And it sits well with a lot of voters
You really think that routine plays well outside the already established Trump base?

Most people don’t embrace the idea of pardoning hundreds of people convicted of felonies for attacking LEOs and anyone paying attention knows that despite years of promises, mass fraud has never come close to being proven.

Personally, I hope he continues to lean into J6 as I think that will have a positive impact on the election outcome I’m hoping for.

You really think that routine plays well outside the already established Trump base?

Most people don’t embrace the idea of pardoning hundreds of people convicted of felonies for attacking LEOs and anyone paying attention knows that despite years of promises, mass fraud has never come close to being proven.

Personally, I hope he continues to lean into J6 as I think that will have a positive impact on the election outcome I’m hoping for.

I said it plays well with a lot of voters.

And “most people“ think that given the two choices, Trump is the best choice.

There is nothing to sell here, might as well go back to your hole.

Last edited:
I said it plays well with a lot of voters.
I agree that it plays great with the Trump base. That’s part of the challenge for Trump. Every time he targets his message for the base, he alienates the independents he needs to pull to win the election, although how many independents he needs likely shrank after Thursday.

they still have the machines and the media

I think another factor is everyone from the the WH communications dept, the campaign, the pundits and any media personality that has told us that Biden was fit has lost all credibility. Going forward, everyone except the purely partisan is going to take the pro Dem media with a grain of salt. Trump didn't hit any homeruns but he certainly took all the bases on balls and was able to deliver a few doubles with runners in scoring position.

In the last couple of weeks, more young ladies have been raped and or raped and killed by illegal immigrants that should not have been in the country than were catastrophically harmed on J6. My guess is one of those situations will resonate with undecided voters more than the other.

Last edited:
It's so bad for the dims right now that they are using their hero, Karl Marx' tactics, “accuse your enemy of what you yourself are doing, is it nothing more than you are doing it, to create confusion”

GOP is winning the White House, Senate and keeping the House.

Four years of Trump will be so glorious that his successor will get at least 4 years and quite possibly 8.

This election will be decided by how well the pubs can police voting. Especially absentee/mail in.

It's so bad for the dims right now that they are using their hero, Karl Marx' tactics, “accuse your enemy of what you yourself are doing, is it nothing more than you are doing it, to create confusion”

GOP is winning the White House, Senate and keeping the House.

Four years of Trump will be so glorious that his successor will get at least 4 years and quite possibly 8.
Take a cold shower.....

• Haha
Reactions: willdup
Things will get crazier. And worse. It is going to happen.

Reactions: BlessedDawg

If Joe steps aside … that’s a threat to our democracy yes? Isn’t that would liberals have been concerned over with Trump? Now they’re advocating for a candidate without a single vote?

And don't forget the millions of illegal aliens that the DMV's across the country are registering to vote.

Yep, nothing to be gained by Trump for a 2nd debate imo……just say he’s concerned for his health and well being (JB) and leave it at that.

Probably pick up even more votes.
Trump might refuse a 2nd debate on grounds that Biden's D🤡J might charge him with two elder abuse felonies instead of one.

Reactions: Eastmandawg
Not over yet
Trump should sharpen up and lay out his plans at the next debate

Then it will be over.

Bidens mental and physical health is like beating a dead horse

Michelle OBama running for president is one the dumbest things I’ve heard and I just watched 2 presidential candidates arguing about their golf handicap at a debate

If Joe steps aside … that’s a threat to our democracy yes? Isn’t that would liberals have been concerned over with Trump? Now they’re advocating for a candidate without a single vote?
Voters elect delegates. If Biden withdraws, those delegates are free to vote for whoever the available options are. It would be the first open convention since the republican convention in 1976. The last time a nominee didn’t participate in the primaries was Humphrey, after Johnson withdrew in ‘68.

It’s unusual, but it does happen and the process is built to accommodate such unusual scenarios.

Last edited:
Voters elect delegates. If Biden withdraws those delegates are free to vote for whoever the available options are. It would be the first open convention since the republican convention in 1976. The last time a nominee didn’t participate in the primaries was Humphrey, after Johnson withdrew in ‘68.

It’s unusual, but it does happen and the process is built to accommodate such unusual scenarios.
Thats fair. I wasn’t aware there was precedent for such things, aside from death obviously or voluntary resignation. Though this seems like it would be forceful.

I mean this is not some epiphany that he is incompetent, this didn’t happen overnight so it begs the question why they let him go on stage to debate or run again in the first place

What we saw the other night was no different than what he has shown dozens of times on camera

Thats fair. I wasn’t aware there was precedent for such things, aside from death obviously or voluntary resignation. Though this seems like it would be forceful.

I mean this is not some epiphany that he is incompetent, this didn’t happen overnight so it begs the question why they let him go on stage to debate or run again in the first place

What we saw the other night was no different than what he has shown dozens of times on camera
Exactly right. The lying and cover up by the media has shocked the middle leaning voters as well. This is not over. Anything can happen, but something must happen. Every Democrat talking head has been lying. Morning Joe used the word cogent 80 times to describe joe. Said he is the best version of Joe he has ever seen. This is across the board. They have leaned on trump’s lies and issues while all the while covering up the biggest lie in American history. This has been running on other news organizations for years.

What literally makes me sick to my stomach. Is all the Dem media members saying they love Joe Biden. But he is toast. Over and over and over. A media member should not show love to someone they are covering. Ever. Radi and dash are on a homer site and try to show more journalistic integrity. They are all doing the governments bidding. And it needs to stop. They at least report the good and the bad here like they see it. That is gone. And has been proven 100 percent.

How in the holy fvck can you claim not one journalist could see he had eroded beyond repair. Not one checked it out and told the truth. Other than right leaning. It is a good thing for this country that Biden goes away. Maybe the bias will too.

Not over by a long shot.

Do not underestimate the Democrats damage control machine. If Team Biden wants to continue, they will convince their party that the debate disaster didn't happen, or it was an isolated incident and it will be business as usual.

The left wants to believe in Joe Biden, despite what they see with their own eyes.

So for that reason, no. It is nowhere close to being over. Temporary setback is all...

Gaslight
Deflect
Defend

And everything is back to normal, within 10 days.

Reactions: MarcusBarcus
Lots of voters are idiots if they think the exaggerated j6 is even remotely as devastating for our nation as Biden's border is.

Reactions: doerunn
Not over by a long shot.

Do not underestimate the Democrats damage control machine. If Team Biden wants to continue, they will convince their party that the debate disaster didn't happen, or it was an isolated incident and it will be business as usual.

The left wants to believe in Joe Biden, despite what they see with their own eyes.

So for that reason, no. It is nowhere close to being over. Temporary setback is all...

Gaslight
Deflect
Defend

And everything is back to normal, within 10 days.
I agree it’s not over by a long shot, but I think the Democrats may indeed try to replace Joe Biden. I think the ironic thing if that happens is that Biden asked for this debate “Anytime pal I’ll debate ya ol lunchbucket Joe. Corn Pop.
Pause.”
The guys not capable of being a Wal Mart greeter we’ve seen him shake hands with the air.
All them talkin heads on TV are like “naw man he’s gettin MENSA applications in the mail almost every day that rascal is brilliant, and MAGA republickens is just mean.”
Well, I’ll just be damn. He’s a bumbling dipshit like we told you.
Hunters laptop is real, like we told you.
Steele dossier Russiagate was all a lie, like we told you.
Could the big guy be an influence peddler selling his office-like we told you?
I mean, even though those aforementioned people who told you those other things said “no he’s clean as a whistle!?” Ya think?
They lie and lie and lie to you.
And yet some of you dopes will vote for Joe Biden, or whomever your cultural elite “super delegates” (please tell me they wear a cape!) say you are supposed to vote for anyhow.
Won’t you? Because Bad Orange man and 34 felonies and January 6th right?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT