ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Richt's testimony...

So, you made a statement and then asked if you are right; which is to say you do not know but you hope you are. Since we Christians must "judge not lest we be judged", I cannot judge whether those other books you mentioned are from the knowledge of God. All I can say for sure is that the Bible is.
Christians are closed off from other paths because we are supposed to be. What we know without any doubt is that we are saved through and by Jesus Christ. He was sent so that we might find the Father.
Maybe that's what, "other sheep which are not of this fold" means. That's above my pay grade. And BTW, it's above your's too.
What I realized in seeing this same argument many times before is this. I feel a whole lot better knowing for sure that one thing is true than hoping a whole bunch of stuff is and not knowing really knowing anything at all.
I remember being there. Thank God I don't have to go back.
That was a conversational tool, to get to the next point. And you categorically cannot say that the Bible is 'true'. You can desire it to be, for some reason, or feel it to be, or declare it to be, but you cannot 'know it'. Its fairy tales and if you want to build your life around fairy tales, have at it. Like I said, just keep it out of my schools and my government.

I have NO way to KNOW ifthere is an afterlife. I treat people with respect because its the right thing to do. I was raised in a Babtist church, and have no problem with people who believe the Bible is the word of God. If you visit a children's cancer ward, the "all loving" stuff gets harder to believe. Even if you say one gets "healed", well who give them cancer to start with? By the way, if God can cure cancer, shurly he could regrow a limb on an amputee.
You have a way. You just haven't done it.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
That was a conversational tool, to get to the next point. And you categorically cannot say that the Bible is 'true'. You can desire it to be, for some reason, or feel it to be, or declare it to be, but you cannot 'know it'. Its fairy tales and if you want to build your life around fairy tales, have at it. Like I said, just keep it out of my schools and my government.
Wrong. I can know it and I do know it. You can too.
Drop to your knees in your bedroom tonight before you go to sleep and ask God to show you the truth, come into your life, be with you and live through you.
You can't fake it. You just have to want that more than anything else. When you do, He will come. It was never supposed to be a mystery. We made it tough.

Fact. There is significant evidence of micro-evolution. Evidence for macro-evolution is virtually non-existent. The odds of macro-evolution occurring (odds of genetic mutations) are so out of this world that it's impossible.

Fact: Stalin disavowed the existence of God. He killed millions. When there is no God, right or wrong is purely objective. We can say what Stalin did was wrong. Stalin could claim it is right. Neither one of us is correct. If there is no moral law giver, there is no moral law. It's all up to the "masses".

The Gospels were written by eyewitnesses to the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. There is enough evidence to verify this. You can disagree with their writings and accuracy, but saying they were fabricated is on the fringes. The writings of Paul (Saul) can be attributed to him as well through historical record as well. Why would he turn from a life of worldly prosperity to persecution for his faith. Why would 12 men stick to the same story and not break under persecution and death?

The fault of this discussion falls on your immature responses exemplified by resorting to profanity.

My guess is that you feel you have been so personally wrong by a Christian at some point that you are respond angrily towards rational arguments. If you have been wronged, that's bad. I hope you would consider rational explanations for the validity of Christianity.
Blah,Blah,Blah,Bkah,Blah. You have it all figured out, so leave us Christians here to pray for the lost souls to come home. Does your science include the 27 different genders, or that a living fetus is not considered a child? That type of science for your schools? Good luck with the afterlife.

Last edited:
Tell me what keeps me out of hell? I am guessing being a good person, Dad, Grandad and treating others like I want to be treated, is not good enough.
Accepting Jesus Christ as your savior, letting him into your heart will open up a whole new life of growth and promise. Try it for your own sake. What have you to lose, other than your soul.

Have hit my knees MANY times asking for direction. Can't say I heard God speak to me, but try to live my life the best I know how.
No judgement here, just open your heart and ask him to enter and You Will hear him speak to you. I hope you are already there but just have not heard him speak.

Blah,Blah,Blah,Bkah,Blah. You have it all figured out, so leave us Christians here to pray for the lost souls to come home. Does your science include the 27 different genders, or that a living fetus is not considered a child? That type of science for your schools? Good luck with the afterlife.
66, you responded to the wrong guy, I think. Ugadawg4evr is on your side. I’m sure he realizes that.

Wrong. I can know it and I do know it. You can too.
Drop to your knees in your bedroom tonight before you go to sleep and ask God to show you the truth, come into your life, be with you and live through you.
You can't fake it. You just have to want that more than anything else. When you do, He will come. It was never supposed to be a mystery. We made it tough.
We have very different definitions of the word 'know'. You've talked yourself into total buy-in on superstition and mythology. Knock yourself out; I'll stick with grown-up concerns.

Not shocking that this drivel comes complete with a Reagan avatar; you truly can't cure stupid.

How rich! To be called stupid by a braindead leftist. You libs hated Reagan because he showed how wrong the left was. He is only bettered by our current True Leader, President Trump! Suck in that for 5 more years!
Gosh, thanks for that. I'm a big fan of unintentional comedy. Kind of like how you're a fan of treason, I guess.

Gosh, thanks for that. I'm a big fan of unintentional comedy. Kind of like how you're a fan of treason, I guess.

If I was a fan of treason, I would have loved the last 8 years of obama's dictatorship.
If you think Trump is hurting the US you need to be living where you can enjoy government telling you how to live. That means, not here!

Reactions: DawgHammarskjold
We have very different definitions of the word 'know'. You've talked yourself into total buy-in on superstition and mythology. Knock yourself out; I'll stick with grown-up concerns.
I didn't talk myself into anything. I just got to the point where I needed to know ... so I asked. Anyone who does that will receive the truth. Sometimes it happens in an instant like it did for me. Other people have said He showed them over a period of time. I don't really know why He works differently sometimes or why there is suffering in this physical world.
I do know that if you ask Him to show you the truth and come into your life and mean it, He has to deliver. And, He cannot break His own rules, for He is the truth.

"I am guessing ...."
You have said it.
Not trying to start an argument, just asking. As someone who has had some pretty low lows, what exactly did you hear (him??) say? Been on my knees plenty of times asking, but I have never heard an actual voice. Consider yourself very fortunate.

Not trying to start an argument, just asking. As someone who has had some pretty low lows, what exactly did you hear (him??) say? Been on my knees plenty of times asking, but I have never heard an actual voice. Consider yourself very fortunate.
It is not about hearing voices. It is about asking Him to lead in all things ... and meaning it. Then it's about walking in the assurance ... faith. It gets easier once you realize that He's doing it and you can pray for stronger faith too. He will give it to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT