ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg MLB all star game moved..

It’s pretty simple actually, these corporations are mad because the new voter ID laws that was signed in they claim it’s voter suppression, and so major-league baseball move the All-Star game
Gotcha. Initial posts were suggesting Covid-related. Confused me.

Reactions: Finn1

Was really looking forward to this too.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

MLB sucks

Reactions: somchair1
They’d better move it to a state with less restrictive voting laws than Ga, which will be hard to do, because Ga’s laws generally allow for more access than most.
The past few months have shown how lies and distortion on both sides can drive the public and it’s a scary thing.

They’d better move it to a state with less restrictive voting laws than Ga, which will be hard to do, because Ga’s laws generally allow for more access than most.
The past few months have shown how lies and distortion on both sides can drive the public and it’s a scary thing.
Amen because nobody even takes the time to do any research. It’s all posturing and pandering.

Ahhh, gotcha. (But why are you yelling?)
[/QUOTE}

I was in shock. I'm actually still yelling internally LOL. Bought the full season package for 4 seats just to get 4 all-star/HR Derby tickets.

Total BS

Reactions: fprex
How does this new law prevent anyone that is eligible to vote and has id from voting

It doesn't, but the Rs made a huge mistake in the early days of drafting this legislation, including much more prohibitive provisions, that opened the door to people being able to make these kinds of claims and having them stick. The bill that ultimately was signed into law doesn't really do a ton, but the early drafts fed into the narratives that this was all racially based and all of that was baked into the talking points against it.

Everything from Delta, Coke, MLB, etc in the aftermath is all just corporate CYA.

Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian announced that the legislation was "unacceptable." In a memo to employees, he boldly announced:
Last week, the Georgia legislature passed a sweeping voting reform act that could make it harder for many Georgians, particularly those in our Black and Brown communities, to exercise their right to vote.

The entire rationale for this bill was based on a lie: that there was widespread voter fraud in Georgia in the 2020 elections. This is simply not true. Unfortunately, that excuse is being used in states across the nation that are attempting to pass similar legislation to restrict voting rights.
What's really funny is that Bastian worked with state officials to help draft the law.

Ridiculous. When is this insane stupidity ever going to stop.

I'm afraid that at least in my lifetime, it's not! The world as we know it has changed and unless you're willing to embrace lunacy you will be marginalized. I will go down fighting....but also teaching my children and grandchildren to stand firm and live for a Higher Purpose

Bill Shanks is going nuclear on this right now, and he's right. I'll bet you nobody in MLB has even bothered to read the bill, and I'll bet you Manford hasn't even talked to Gov. Kemp.
The Delta CEO helped draft the Bill!!!! I'm not kidding...........

Mods, can we move this thread over to the Chat where it belongs?

It doesn't, but the Rs made a huge mistake in the early days of drafting this legislation, including much more prohibitive provisions, that opened the door to people being able to make these kinds of claims and having them stick. The bill that ultimately was signed into law doesn't really do a ton, but the early drafts fed into the narratives that this was all racially based and all of that was baked into the talking points against it.

Everything from Delta, Coke, MLB, etc in the aftermath is all just corporate CYA.
While I'm pissed as all get out about this, this makes a whole lot of sense. Brian Kemp has not done himself any favors with his approach to certain issues and legislature and we're paying the price at times. While the bill is a huge milestone for our state, if the original bill was drafted in such a way to open the door to these claims (I haven't reviewed it myself but remember the original critiques, like you said) I think the Govna shares some part of the blame in this.

Man I hate my generation though. What does moving an All-Star game have to do with politics? We legit just had the NBA All-Star game with NO pushback at all and the bill has been in the works for A WHILE now.

The Delta and Coke guys had nothing to say until 72 prominent Black business leaders drafted the letter rebuking the law. What I haven’t seen from them is how this suppresses the eligible black or any voter who has id.

Truth. And the headline grabbing “food and water” part was not necessary.

While I'm pissed as all get out about this, this makes a whole lot of sense. Brian Kemp has not done himself any favors with his approach to certain issues and legislature and we're paying the price at times. While the bill is a huge milestone for our state, if the original bill was drafted in such a way to open the door to these claims (I haven't reviewed it myself but remember the original critiques, like you said) I think the Govna shares some part of the blame in this.

Man I hate my generation though. What does moving an All-Star game have to do with politics? We legit just had the NBA All-Star game with NO pushback at all and the bill has been in the works for A WHILE now.
The NBA was too busy turning the ATL into a war zone for their weekend (not that it took too much). No time to concern themselves with some bill in the works.

It's simple. War is being waged internally in this country. Most are asleep, DGAF or nuzzling up the government teet. The real question is what do we do to combat it realizing the media is completely one sided and feeds the brainwashed masses this b.s. every day.

The Governor is in a tough spot. He can't completely piss off the Trump voters that already don't like him because they all feel he is somehow culpable for the former President's poor 2020 performance. But he kept his head down publicly when this was being drafted and almost surely had a hand in the final product being moderated. And he's been the only voice out there pushing back against the narrative since it was passed. The man has hit more TV and radio shows in the past week than what would probably be otherwise possible if he weren't having to quarantine because of COVID exposure.

I agree on the latter part though. Sports are supposed to be an escape from all of the crap going on in the regular world and now it's like there's no part in modern society that politics can't find a way in and make worse.

I'm shocked you don't know how moving the All Star game can affect politics. Don't you remember Arizona losing the Super Bowl because they refused to honor MLK Day????

• Haha
Reactions: Finance Dawg
Yeah, cause having the losing candidate call the state attorney general to find enough votes to overturn an election wasn't going to hell fast enough for some I guess.
That actually didn’t happen and the Washington Post just printed a retraction 2 weeks ago,. They doctored the tape and then admitted they were wrong months later. Come on man!

That actually didn’t happen and the Washington Post just printed a retraction 2 weeks ago,. They doctored the tape and then admitted they were wrong months later. Come on man!

WAIT...YOU MEAN THEY WERE TRYING TO SNIPE A POLITICAL ENEMY???????

It's simple. War is being waged internally in this country. Most are asleep, DGAF or nuzzling up the government teet. The real question is what do we do to combat it realizing the media is completely one sided and feeds the brainwashed masses this b.s. every day.

Use to I would joke and take the liberal side here . You haven’t seen me do that because of this very reason .

there misinformation on both sides and that doesn’t help . The water boiling from people I know in the know . They are very concerned.

Reactions: jenkinscreekdawg
You have to have an ID to

Fly
Buy alcohol
Get into Universal Freaking Studios
Etc

But lord forbid you need one to vote.

screw mlb

Your overall point is right but the fact is An id is not required to buy alcohol via mail, only in person. You simply have to claim to be of age.

The Governor is in a tough spot. He can't completely piss off the Trump voters that already don't like him because they all feel he is somehow culpable for the former President's poor 2020 performance. But he kept his head down publicly when this was being drafted and almost surely had a hand in the final product being moderated. And he's been the only voice out there pushing back against the narrative since it was passed. The man has hit more TV and radio shows in the past week than what would probably be otherwise possible if he weren't having to quarantine because of COVID exposure.

I agree on the latter part though. Sports are supposed to be an escape from all of the crap going on in the regular world and now it's like there's no part in modern society that politics can't find a way in and make worse.
There are people with whom I vehemently disagree on nearly all political issues, and sports was a place where we could find refuge, co-exist, and even enjoy each other's company. And maybe in the process learn a little more about each other.

That zone is dwindling, and anyone who believes that each side retreating to their echo chamber will improve our society is focused only on the "now" and not the inevitable blowback from this type of societal Balkanization.

Basically your posts describes exactly how the legislative process works. It's a feature not a bug. The parties throw out extreme positions and they sometimes meet in the middle. This is a prime example where the Reps overreached, then reacted to the criticism and good and balanced bill was passed. It's rediculous.

Reactions: somchair1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT