ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Impeachment

SnoopDawg205

National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2014
From a purely legal standpoint, isn't this case for impeachment fairly flimsy? In my opinion, Trump's rhetoric over the past few months has been ill advised, unhelpful, misguided, and often awful. However, legally tying Trump's speech at the Capitol to the actual storming of the capital seems weak at best. Look at the ending of his speech, pasted below. The article of impeachment highlights the "fight like hell" portion, but politicians use that kind of language all the time. If Nancy Pelosi says we are going to fight like hell to pass a bill, the bill doesn't pass, and then some looney kills a congressperson, that is not Pelosi's fault. Applying a politician's language as the cause of actions by others is a fairly dangerous precedent.

End of Speech
"Our brightest days are before us, our greatest achievements still wait. I think one of our great achievements will be election security because nobody until I came along, had any idea how corrupt our elections were. And again, most people would stand there at 9:00 in the evening and say, “I want to thank you very much,” and they go off to some other life, but I said, “Something’s wrong here. Something’s really wrong. Can’t have happened.” And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.

Our exciting adventures and boldest endeavors have not yet begun. My fellow Americans for our movement, for our children and for our beloved country and I say this, despite all that’s happened, the best is yet to come.

So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, I love Pennsylvania Avenue, and we’re going to the Capitol and we’re going to try and give… The Democrats are hopeless. They’re never voting for anything, not even one vote. But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones, because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

Quotes from the Speech that would contradict incitement - These quotes don't sound like someone trying to incite a riot, and don't sound like someone wanting the Capitol stormed. He even says at one point that Republicans who don't join the cause should be primaried. That is a far cry from storm the Capitol, kill people, zip ties, etc.
"You hurt our monuments, you hurt our heroes, you go to jail for 10 years and everything stopped. Did you notice that? It stopped. It all stopped."

"We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong."

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

"So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I want to thank you all. God bless you and God bless America. Thank you all for being here, this is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you."

"Unbelievable, what we have to go through, what we have to go through and you have to get your people to fight. If they don’t fight, we have to primary the hell out of the ones that don’t fight. You primary them."

Trump is a threat to the status quo and that is an impeachable offense. There are now reports that NY alerted the Capital police and both houses of the plot to riot and the admin wasnt briefed. Also requests for additional security was denied.

It is starting to look like the current narrative is as credible as a video causing spontaneous riots in Libya.

From a purely legal standpoint, isn't this case for impeachment fairly flimsy? In my opinion, Trump's rhetoric over the past few months has been ill advised, unhelpful, misguided, and often awful. However, legally tying Trump's speech at the Capitol to the actual storming of the capital seems weak at best. Look at the ending of his speech, pasted below. The article of impeachment highlights the "fight like hell" portion, but politicians use that kind of language all the time. If Nancy Pelosi says we are going to fight like hell to pass a bill, the bill doesn't pass, and then some looney kills a congressperson, that is not Pelosi's fault. Applying a politician's language as the cause of actions by others is a fairly dangerous precedent.

End of Speech
"Our brightest days are before us, our greatest achievements still wait. I think one of our great achievements will be election security because nobody until I came along, had any idea how corrupt our elections were. And again, most people would stand there at 9:00 in the evening and say, “I want to thank you very much,” and they go off to some other life, but I said, “Something’s wrong here. Something’s really wrong. Can’t have happened.” And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.

Our exciting adventures and boldest endeavors have not yet begun. My fellow Americans for our movement, for our children and for our beloved country and I say this, despite all that’s happened, the best is yet to come.

So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, I love Pennsylvania Avenue, and we’re going to the Capitol and we’re going to try and give… The Democrats are hopeless. They’re never voting for anything, not even one vote. But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones, because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

Quotes from the Speech that would contradict incitement - These quotes don't sound like someone trying to incite a riot, and don't sound like someone wanting the Capitol stormed. He even says at one point that Republicans who don't join the cause should be primaried. That is a far cry from storm the Capitol, kill people, zip ties, etc.
"You hurt our monuments, you hurt our heroes, you go to jail for 10 years and everything stopped. Did you notice that? It stopped. It all stopped."

"We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong."

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

"So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I want to thank you all. God bless you and God bless America. Thank you all for being here, this is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you."

"Unbelievable, what we have to go through, what we have to go through and you have to get your people to fight. If they don’t fight, we have to primary the hell out of the ones that don’t fight. You primary them."

all hype and air....he'll be there until his term expires next Wednesday.

He called everyone to the capitol starting in December, saying it was going to be "wild". He instructed everyone to pressure the Senators, and to show strength not weakness. "Fight like hell" was another term used. His personal lawyer called for "Trial By Combat" to the crowd on the same stage. All of this was after a 2 month disinformation campaign around a stolen election. Trump and his attorneys would make wild accusations in press conferences outside dildo shops, but then they'd back down from them in courtroom where there could be personal consequences.

Once the mobs started attacking the capitol, Trump reportedly watched on TV and tweeted out against Mike Pence, instead of calling in the national guard which could have prevented capitol police getting murdered and permanently disabled. He called the rioters "special" and "loved" in his recorded address that he was eventually pressured into giving.

I think inciting insurrection is a pretty accurate charge given what happened, and that's why we're seeing it receive bipartisan support.

FBI warned of possible bad acts the day before. If so, how could they have been caused by Trump’s words that day? It’s obvious that the elites from both sides want Trump gone. As usual Congress is wasting time and money, and the hypocrisy is further eroding any confidence in the Govt.

Last edited:
He called everyone to the capitol starting in December, saying it was going to be "wild". He instructed everyone to pressure the Senators, and to show strength not weakness. "Fight like hell" was another term used. His personal lawyer called for "Trial By Combat" to the crowd on the same stage. All of this was after a 2 month disinformation campaign around a stolen election. Trump and his attorneys would make wild accusations in press conferences outside dildo shops, but then they'd back down from them in courtroom where there could be personal consequences.

Once the mobs started attacking the capitol, Trump reportedly watched on TV and tweeted out against Mike Pence, instead of calling in the national guard which could have prevented capitol police getting murdered and permanently disabled. He called the rioters "special" and "loved" in his recorded address that he was eventually pressured into giving.

I think inciting insurrection is a pretty accurate charge given what happened, and that's why we're seeing it receive bipartisan support.
Did Trump's rhetoric contribute to the storming of the Capitol? My opinion is yes, but it just seems like a slippery slope to apply the rhetoric of one person to the actions of another. Did Obama's rhetoric around police officers being systemically racist and out of control contribute to the Dallas police shooter - I would guess so. Is Obama at fault for that person's actions - absolutely not. Did the rhetoric of certain members of Congress contribute to violence, looting, etc in the BLM protests - probably. Should these members of Congress be charged or removed from their position - absolutely not. You can of course pick apart why these are not good parallels with the Trump situation, but it is concerning that we could be headed this way.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
I also saw a report where some of the barricades and possibly the actual Capitol was breached before his speech was over, not sure if accurate but some of the time stamps on videos seem to show that, the speech location was a decent walk to the Capitol
LOL. Not going to work.

Did Trump's rhetoric contribute to the storming of the Capitol? My opinion is yes, but it just seems like a slippery slope to apply the rhetoric of one person to the actions of another. Did Obama's rhetoric around police officers being systemically racist and out of control contribute to the Dallas police shooter - I would guess so. Is Obama at fault for that person's actions - absolutely not. Did the rhetoric of certain members of Congress contribute to violence, looting, etc in the BLM protests - probably. Should these members of Congress be charged or removed from their position - absolutely not. You can of course pick apart why these are not good parallels with the Trump situation, but it is concerning that we could be headed this way.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all Obama actually said is that racial discrimination is embedded in our society.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT