ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Twitter “rate limit exceeded”

gtanduga

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I guess unless you pay. He killed it quicker than I thought he would. So congrats to Elon.

I guess unless you pay. He killed it quicker than I thought he would. So congrats to Elon.
The liberal Elon 180 vitriol is hilarious to me. He is arguably (maybe not even arguably) the single most influential human being ever in the democrat fight against climate change / global warming whatever you want to call it.

He is everything that liberals love. A highly intelligent scientist. He even voted for Joe Biden.

Now he’s public enemy number one. He dared question Covid lockdowns. Dared to share “conspiracy theories”. He’s full right wing now.

The 180 on Elon is as good a case study as exists regarding liberal thinking and “tolerance”.

The liberal Elon 180 vitriol is hilarious to me. He is arguably (maybe not even arguably) the single most influential human being ever in the democrat fight against climate change / global warming whatever you want to call it.

He is everything that liberals love. A highly intelligent scientist. He even voted for Joe Biden.

Now he’s public enemy number one. He dared question Covid lockdowns. Dared to share “conspiracy theories”. He’s full right wing now.

The 180 on Elon is as good a case study as exists regarding liberal thinking and “tolerance”.
Over react much? I have no issue w Elon other then the fact he paid twice as much as something was worth. Was lauded by the right as Mr free speech defender. Then started charging everyone while also still blocking people and now it’s either crashed or only suckers can post.

Reactions: shonuff253
Over react much? I have no issue w Elon other then the fact he paid twice as much as something was worth. Was lauded by the right as Mr free speech defender. Then started charging everyone while also still blocking people and now it’s either crashed or only suckers can post.
Agreed he overpaid. I’m sure he agrees too. That said I wouldn’t bet against him taking it public again in a few years and making huge dollars.

Also wasn’t calling you out specifically just commenting generally on the topic of Elon

What’s the boards opinion/explanation for the new rule on the twitters?

I have never paid anything but attention to Twitter or any other social media platform. It works the same for me today as it did before Elon bought it. Not sure what you're talking about when referring to everyone.

What does the new rule do?

Will it trigger me?
Will it make me feel unsafe?
Does it impede my personal freedoms?

Is it excluding opinion?

What does it do?

It’s an attempt to reduce data scrapers and other automation from mining Twitter content.

He’s rate-limiting any account to 6000 views a day, what they believe no human can / will do.

The data scrapers will just open more accounts. Twitter should instead be using AI to identify the perceived abuse and kill it.

Don’t think it impacts legitimate users in any way. Unless you’re obsessed with Twitter all day and night - 6000 tweets feels like a lot. And if that’s the case, this will help you start breaking that addiction.

I have never paid anything but attention to Twitter or any other social media platform. It works the same for me today as it did before Elon bought it. Not sure what you're talking about when referring to everyone.
It’s giving a “rate limit exceeded” may just be a temp error or he’s throttled how much non payers can use it. Which I would doubt. It’s been trending all day.

It’s an attempt to reduce data scrapers and other automation from mining Twitter content.

He’s rate-limiting any account to 6000 views a day, what they believe no human can / will do.

The data scrapers will just open more accounts. Twitter should instead be using AI to identify the perceived abuse and kill it.

Don’t think it impacts legitimate users in any way. Unless you’re obsessed with Twitter all day and night - 6000 tweets feels like a lot. And if that’s the case, this will help you start breaking that addiction.
Yeah that’s what he wants everyone to think. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence their $1B contract with Google Cloud storage lapsed literally today. They are working to move things off Google Cloud but it isn’t a trivial task.

Last edited:

You get 6,000 post if you pay for Twitter. Only way to get a verified account is the Twitter blue subscription. Everyone else gets 600 a day. Which isn’t shit.

Last edited:

I woke up this morning and looked at Twitter. Refreshed one time and got the notification about reaching a limit. He’s killing his own app with this BS.

Shoot you would've hit your limit in the first inning of today's Braves game if you followed the beat writers and team account. Lol
Yep..

Lastnight I got that notice while looking for clips of the homeruns the Braves hit since I missed the first two innings.

I got that notice and haven’t looked at twitter since. I assumed the clown show did something.

Musk will make Twitter a much better platform.

He has quite literally made it several orders of magnitude worse since actually taking over it. There exists no measure or metrics that show his time as Twitter "ceo" as anything other than an unmitigated disaster.

Tuning and optimizing it doesn't happen overnight.

It didn't need any tuning and optimizing until his series of dumbass decisions put it into it's current state. The entire experience has been on a steady downgrade since his purchase.

What he is doing today is not going to produce tuning and optimizing. It's not going to produce much of anything. When he took, over Twitter sat down with all the advertisers and asked what their concerns where, and they were upfront, and then he ignored their concerns, did a bunch of shit to make those concerns valid, and then a bunch left. Everything he has done since is a series of desperate revenue grabs, each more of a failure than the one before. He has spent exactly zero time trying to fix that actual issue except outside of performative hissy fits about private companies electing to not advertise on his platform. And created a bunch of other issues on top of that.

Yeah that’s what he wants everyone to think. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence their $1B contract with Google Cloud storage lapsed literally today. They are working to move things off Google Cloud but it isn’t a trivial task.

This is it. It has zero to do with a new rule lol

Follow me on Bluesky! 😆 it’s the beta version of the site Jack Dorsey (Twitter founder) created after selling Twitter.

https://bsky.app/profile/dayneyoung.bsky.social

I have some beta invite codes if y’all actually want to join.

I don’t know if it will be a hit, but I’m checking it out. It would be a hoot if the guy made the money from selling Twitter and then just replaced it with the same thing

d5bbc37b-7c78-433e-8e35-1662b58fb4c8_text.gif

Maybe Just never post links to paywall sites no matter the individual arrangements? Especially local ATL media? Anyone? “Bueller? Bueller?”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT