ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to the Clinton spying story?

willdup

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2002
I just spent ten minutes reviewing the Foxnews.com homepage, and I can't find a single mention of the story that is "bigger than Watergate."

Did Tucker, Ingraham or Hannity spend more time on this topic last night? Not that I have been able to find, and it is nowhere in the description of the episodes. The most recent return for the search terms "Clinton spying" is for stories from four days ago. One would think, given all the spying and the treason that the Durham memo supposedly outlined, this topic would lead every segment. Maybe it was Durham himself acknowledging that the data analysed was generated during the end of the Biden administration and not while Trump was in the WH and that he could not be held responsible for how his work was (mis)characterized in the press.

It's almost as if Hillary's threat to sue for defamation and "actual malice" shut down the Fox propaganda machine. Curious.

lol. Durham has been a political creature/appointee for a full four decades at this point. the story leaves that to the end, getting it wrong even:

"This is not John Durham’s first rodeo. He is 71, and has spent his entire professional life as a state and federal prosecutor in Connecticut. Over the decades, he has been asked to handle a number of politically sensitive, special-counsel-type investigations, precisely because he is not a Swamp creature."

Except that he also worked in the Eastern District of VA for four years... and in DC off and on...

Also, this article is about things that haven't happened... Which is not to say it's not interesting

Last edited:
I just spent ten minutes reviewing the Foxnews.com homepage, and I can't find a single mention of the story that is "bigger than Watergate."

Did Tucker, Ingraham or Hannity spend more time on this topic last night? Not that I have been able to find, and it is nowhere in the description of the episodes. The most recent return for the search terms "Clinton spying" is for stories from four days ago. One would think, given all the spying and the treason that the Durham memo supposedly outlined, this topic would lead every segment. Maybe it was Durham himself acknowledging that the data analysed was generated during the end of the Biden administration and not while Trump was in the WH and that he could not be held responsible for how his work was (mis)characterized in the press.

It's almost as if Hillary's threat to sue for defamation and "actual malice" shut down the Fox propaganda machine. Curious.

..."the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker"...
...must I be all three?

Reactions: deadduckdawg

Dawg n IT said we should let it play out and I agreed with him. You’re carrying on a one-sided argument based on what the liberals are telling you while others are countering with what the conservative media is telling them. As to whether Fox has dropped coverage and its analysis of the filing, not so:
And why keep analyzing it? Durham is not going to say more about it. It caused a stir which has sort of wound down. Time will tell where Durham is going with this. I expect more indictments, perhaps closer to Hillary, but I seriously doubt anything will happen to her, guilty of not.

Last edited:
Dawg n IT said we should let it play out and I agreed with him. You’re carrying on a one-sided argument based on what the liberals are telling you while others are countering with what the conservative media is telling them. As to whether Fox has dropped coverage and its analysis of the filing, not so:
And why keep analyzing it? Durham is not going to say more about it. It caused a stir which has sort of wound down. Time will tell where Durham is going with this. I expect more indictments, perhaps closer to Hillary, but I seriously doubt anything will happen to her, guilty of not.

Narratives > truth in today's world.

Check with OANN.

Reactions: Naptown Dawg
But that is exactly part of the problem. This isn’t a matter of partisan interpretation. There is a memo, it’s not that long, and it straight up does not say much of what Fox News was reporting. I know because I took the twenty minutes needed to read it. In fact, it doesn’t say most of what Fox was reporting. And now, >40% of the country thinks Hillary hired a bunch of hackers to steal DJTs emails and text messages, which is a lie intentionally timed to distract from the very, very bad few weeks Trump has had.

Look, politics is dirty business and there are no saints on either side of the isle. That’s perfectly clear. And liberal media can be really disingenuous. But it is jarring how Fox was fanning the flames of the story as a total game changer, vindication for Trump and far worse than watergate, and a few days later it’s close to crickets. I think that is telling.

But that is exactly part of the problem. This isn’t a matter of partisan interpretation. There is a memo, it’s not that long, and it straight up does not say much of what Fox News was reporting. I know because I took the twenty minutes needed to read it. In fact, it doesn’t say most of what Fox was reporting. And now, >40% of the country thinks Hillary hired a bunch of hackers to steal DJTs emails and text messages, which is a lie intentionally timed to distract from the very, very bad few weeks Trump has had.

Look, politics is dirty business and there are no saints on either side of the isle. That’s perfectly clear. And liberal media can be really disingenuous. But it is jarring how Fox was fanning the flames of the story as a total game changer, vindication for Trump and far worse than watergate, and a few days later it’s close to crickets. I think that is telling.
You forget so quickly ,disingenuous ...Russia,Russia,Russia !!! Those Lib glasses can blind you .

It’s still there. The news doesn’t dictate law and illegalities. A news group talking it up is irresponsible. Allowing the legal system to make decisions is what should happen.

Propaganda, while it might fool the voter, is irrelevant in the legal system……or should be.

It’s why everyone from Sean Hannity to David Muir to Anderson Cooper to Whoopie Goldberg should just report the report, not tell us what they think it means.

Oh wait, Sean and Whoopie aren’t journalists, they can say what they want and suffer whatever consequence.

ABC News, CNN and MSNBC speak opinion as fact in their news coverage.

Nothing has changed. But many know they might die randomly if they speak up too much. Durham is in that age where he could just drop dead while sitting in his recliner. High cholesterol and politics don’t mix well.

I feel safer buddying up with Trump than Clinton…….. high cholesterol and all.

No offense but I'll take this Democrat's view of the Durham report more seriously than Fox New or Vanity Fair. If Durham is correct and info was taken off the WH servers and given to anyone, we have a problem that is multitudes larger than Watergate.

https://jonathanturley.org/2022/02/...l-john-durham-has-triggered-a-media-meltdown/

You hope and pray it’s nothing. You are all in siding with the dim party. You also need to hope it’s really nothing because you won’t be able to swallow all the crow you gonna have to eat.

I am not a big Fox fan but think a lot of Turley, the link above provides a fairly descriptive summary from Turley. We’ll see where this lands , but Durham appears to have some evidence and links….

I read it too. I interpret it differently from you and CNN. I’m OK with waiting to see where it goes. You can keep arguing.

I read it too. I interpret it differently from you and CNN. I’m OK with waiting to see where it goes. You can keep arguing.
To be clear, my original post was much more about the Fox News coverage than it was about the legal proceedings. Fox made a bunch of patently untrue claims, complained that mainstream media was not reporting the same lies, and then went almost dark themselves on the topic. Whether their lack of further coverage is related to Hillary’s threat of a lawsuit is unknown, but the timing lines up.

Media should be called out when they engage in blatant propaganda, particularly when the lies are so easily disproven. The Fox evening trio of Tucker, Hannity and Ingraham have lied about the election, lied about J6 (as Hannity’s text messages to Meadows clearly document), lied about vaccines when they are all vaccinated and lied about the currently known facts of the “Clinton spying scandal worse than watergate”. It’s cynical, destructive, and should be called out at every opportunity.

EDIT: a timely example of the kind of disinformation that needs to be called out and fought against.

Last edited:
Reactions: celticdawg

Because the media isn’t covering it, it is not true?
Thats funny

Reactions: cherrydawg
To be clear, my original post was much more about the Fox News c

overage than it was about the legal proceedings. Fox made a bunch of patently untrue claims, complained that mainstream media was not reporting the same lies, and then went almost dark themselves on the topic. Whether their lack of further coverage is related to Hillary’s threat of a lawsuit is unknown, but the timing lines up.

Media should be called out when they engage in blatant propaganda, particularly when the lies are so easily disproven. The Fox evening trio of Tucker, Hannity and Ingraham have lied about the election, lied about J6 (as Hannity’s text messages to Meadows clearly document), lied about vaccines when they are all vaccinated and lied about the currently known facts of the “Clinton spying scandal worse than watergate”. It’s cynical, destructive, and should be called out at every opportunity.

EDIT: a timely example of the kind of disinformation that needs to be called out and fought against.
I love how she deflects from her "reporting" to question whether a bike was actually thrown at a horse. She would be perfect for the Chat.

Reactions: willdup
To be clear, my original post was much more about the Fox News coverage than it was about the legal proceedings. Fox made a bunch of patently untrue claims, complained that mainstream media was not reporting the same lies, and then went almost dark themselves on the topic. Whether their lack of further coverage is related to Hillary’s threat of a lawsuit is unknown, but the timing lines up.

Wow , it is so hypocritical to hear a lib complain about conservative news outlets pushing propaganda , when the lib press is constantly pushing propaganda ...every day, every hour , sad state of affairs !!

lie intentionally timed to distract from the very, very bad few weeks Trump has had.
Trump isn't president unfortunately.
Meanwhile the current potato in chief has had a very, very bad 356 weeks. There aren't enough scandals in the world to distract from his historically bad job.

Reactions: cherrydawg

This is actually a scrubbing operation for Hillary so no surprise. No sources. Just my editorial content. Sorry.

Just an observation:
The Durham thing broke a week ago Friday. On Fox News Sunday last week and this week…nothing I saw.
It was mentioned a couple of times on their 6pm news hour with Brett Baier on FNC last week.
EVERYTHING else on FNC was from the editorial/commentators/blowhards. Like all the cable news channels, they squawk on the partisan soup de jour.
And both sides are aghast that the other doesn’t dive in to their partisan soup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT