ADVERTISEMENT

What is the latest a grown man should sleep in?

My wife loves to sleep in. Those Saturday mornings where I can wake up, grab a cup of coffee, and sit on the porch for a while by myself are really nice.
Same here. on Daturdays, I let my wife and kids sleep in. I enjoy the early morning, get a few things done and then make breakfast and get them up by 9:30-10:00. Has become a tradition.

Reactions: Lumpdawg
tenor.gif
Lol! Been waiting for this.

Normally 0530 but that’s after my bladder forces me to get up around 0300. Sometimes night games or hunting or fishing or the large consumption of food or booze screw up the schedule.

I tried to do a poll but I'm not computer Davy.

I'm old school. I believe that no grown man (over 26) should ever be asleep past 8am. My dad would wake me and my brother up as kids if we were still in bed at 9am. He thought it was ridiculous for people to waste time sleeping all day.

My body wakes up 7 days a week at 6am no matter what with no alarm clock. I couldn't sleep in if I wanted to.

But I must admit I do like a good afternoon nap.

I work weird shifts so my sleep rhythms suck....but I frequently sleep past noon

I work 12hr shifts day/ night so I have no sleep pattern. I sleep when I can and everyone in the house knows not to mess w me when I’m sleeping.

An adult male doesn’t take naps or sleep past 7. My 2.5 year old slept until 6am this morning and I felt like I slept in.
Depends on what kind of life you lead …I suspect most on here are homebodies with very little excitement In their lives.

My wife and I go out every weekend for date night and stay out till 1-2 am …we sleep in till 9-10 am every Sundays.

Up at 5:30 on weekdays and 7:00 on weekends. People who sleep in late regularly are just like the fats in my eyes: disgusting slobs.
Not far off IMO. Although with various different things I have had to do I have learned to "sleep when necessary and however much is possible/necessary". Extension of the old rule "never run when you can walk, never walk when you can stand, never stand when you can lay down, and never just lay there if you can sleep".

Reactions: WRobinsDawg
I envy you guys being able to get up so early. I have major sleep issues and many times find myself not being able to sleep until 2/3/4:00 at night.

I can never go to bed and just fall asleep. It usually takes 2 hours or more. Pile on sleep apnea on top of that and it makes for some miserable days.

I got home last night at 3:00. My business partner sent a text at 4 as we were having a major issue at work and he was shocked I texted him right back. Hell I was wide awake wishing I could sleep.

The only good thing is when I do get to sleep I’m in a deep sleep and can sleep through a earthquake

I don’t start work until 12:30, so I’m up by 10. I’m usually still awake around 2 or 3 in the morning though. I’ve always been a night owl though.

Reactions: Red8Black
Depends on who is sleeping in the bed with him.

Something nice and soft, I’ll lay there the whole day.

A grown man ought to be able to decide what ever time he wants to wake up. In my house, it’s never past 0530 and often before then. Weekdays or weekends, doesn’t matter. I like the extra quite time during the weekdays before my email starts blowing up so I can drink my java and get mentally prepared for the daily battles. On the weekends, I just pray the troops sleep late and Mrs A doesn’t mind a 0730 nudge to start the day off rIght.

I went to bed at 1:48am and woke up at 3:57am…

to go take a piss.

I'm old school. I believe that no grown man (over 26) should ever be asleep past 8am. My dad would wake me and my brother up as kids if we were still in bed at 9am. He thought it was ridiculous for people to waste time sleeping all day.

My body wakes up 7 days a week at 6am no matter what with no alarm clock. I couldn't sleep in if I wanted to.

I am computer Davy & I say a grown man should also as late as he wants to

Ain’t gonna lie- if I don’t have something pressing going on either Saturday or Sunday AM, I’ll sleep until 9:00-9:30. ZFG.

Reactions: TivoliDawg

totally depends on how late I was up the night before. M-F up by 8am. Weekends between 9 and 10am

Depends on what kind of life you lead …I suspect most on here are homebodies with very little excitement In their lives.

My wife and I go out every weekend for date night and stay out till 1-2 am …we sleep in till 9-10 am every Sundays.
You obviously don’t have little kids anymore or never had any

to each his own, but it also depends on how late you stay up. I stay up late every night, old habit from working in restaurants. So, I don't go to bed until midnight. I'm up by 6:30/7, but a weekend could go to 8/9. For those of you getting up at 4:30/5 am every morning, what time do you go to sleep, 9pm? Guessing you eat dinner at 5:30? I just can't go to sleep that early.

to each his own, but it also depends on how late you stay up. I stay up late every night, old habit from working in restaurants. So, I don't go to bed until midnight. I'm up by 6:30/7, but a weekend could go to 8/9. For those of you getting up at 4:30/5 am every morning, what time do you go to sleep, 9pm? Guessing you eat dinner at 5:30? I just can't go to sleep that early.
Supper around 8. Bed around 8:30.

Reactions: getthepicture
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT