ADVERTISEMENT

Why are you voting for Joe Biden?

Stats and data says otherwise

Stats and data are easily manipulated to fit intended narratives.

I am confident we can both find data to support our respective opinions on any topic we debate.

It's easier for the left, because they control most information/media, but I digress.

The point is there are stats to support most opinions these days.

Reactions: cherrydawg
It’s almost as if a steady stream of Fox News and other right wing media leads to a distorted view of reality, impervious to facts, stats and data.

See the topic of election fraud as example 1A.
We don't have to look at data and all the sites like some do.... We live real world. You just can't admit your party has screwed our country. Doesn't take a website or data sheet to see this. You people....

Not that long ago, conservatives hated men like Trump and revered men like Kelly.

Now, they will take the word of a lying, cheating, whoring sociopathic nepo baby over the word of someone who has served his country honorably and with great distinction his entire life.

I like to think that, someday, the more sane Trump supporters are going to wake up and realize how continuing to support him after J6 required them to completely abandon most of their core beliefs, but maybe not.
I think the problem us conservatives (read the non-Trump bootlickers) have is that no good candidates emerged for this election. And by that I mean none that would unite the Trump only people and then everyone else.

DeSantis started off strong but his idiocy in how he chose to fight Disney (and got embarrassed) really hurt his campaign.

Suarez is probably more libertarian than conservative but was just a meh candidate.

Vivek did too much pandering and I think his age hurt him

Pence is a pawn

I actually liked Hurd and think if he had made the debate floor he would have been the best of the bunch.

Haley was an ok candidate, but she seems to bow to public pressure way too easily

Elder was never serious

No thanks on Christie

Actually think Burgum could be a serious player in 4 years

Perry seemed to just try and pull a Trump

Asa may have been a good candidate as well though I admittedly do not know much about him

Scott may also become a fine candidate in the future but I think age hurt him

I think the problem us conservatives (read the non-Trump bootlickers) have is that no good candidates emerged for this election. And by that I mean none that would unite the Trump only people and then everyone else.

DeSantis started off strong but his idiocy in how he chose to fight Disney (and got embarrassed) really hurt his campaign.

Suarez is probably more libertarian than conservative but was just a meh candidate.

Pence is a pawn

I actually liked Hurd and think if he had made the debate floor he would have been the best of the bunch.

Haley was an ok candidate, but she seems to bow to public pressure way too easily

Elder was never serious

No thanks on Christie

Asa may have been a good candidate as well though I admittedly do not know much about him

This is why you cannot be taken seriously. He took the mouse behind the woodshed.

Reactions: oldmandawg

This is why you cannot be taken seriously. He took the mouse behind the woodshed.
What exactly did he do that hurt Disney? Far as I can tell, the settlement from last week moves everything back to how it was in 2020 and the person "in charge" is someone Disney was ok with being put in that position.

What exactly did he do that hurt Disney? Far as I can tell, the settlement from last week moves everything back to how it was in 2020 and the person "in charge" is someone Disney was ok with being put in that position.
The mainstream media’s open support for Disney in its fight against Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., took on a whole new look after a settlement was reached that appeared to end in DeSantis’ favor.

After ongoing legal battles, the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District, a board appointed by DeSantis, voted to approve a settlement deal with Disney on Wednesday. The settlement addressed the two-year litigation battle over who rightfully controls the formally titled Reedy Creek Improvement District that encompasses the Walt Disney World Resort.
The settlement officially invalidated Disney’s previous attempts to retain governing control over the district and ended all pending litigation in Florida state court.
Griffin told Fox News Digital in the statement, "We are glad that Disney has dropped its lawsuits against the new Central Florida Tourism Oversight District and conceded that their last-minute development agreements are null, void, and unenforceable. No corporation should be its own government. Moving forward, we stand ready to work with Disney and the District to help promote economic growth, family-friendly tourism, and accountable government in Central Florida."

Last edited:

He only thinks he did. Did you read the settlement?

The mainstream media’s open support for Disney in its fight against Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., took on a whole new look after a settlement was reached that appeared to end in DeSantis’ favor.

After ongoing legal battles, the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District, a board appointed by DeSantis, voted to approve a settlement deal with Disney on Wednesday. The settlement addressed the two-year litigation battle over who rightfully controls the formally titled Reedy Creek Improvement District that encompasses the Walt Disney World Resort.
The settlement officially invalidated Disney’s previous attempts to retain governing control over the district and ended all pending litigation in Florida state court.
Griffin told Fox News Digital in the statement, "We are glad that Disney has dropped its lawsuits against the new Central Florida Tourism Oversight District and conceded that their last-minute development agreements are null, void, and unenforceable. No corporation should be its own government. Moving forward, we stand ready to work with Disney and the District to help promote economic growth, family-friendly tourism, and accountable government in Central Florida."
This is how DeSantis and Fox want you to think. From legal reporting

I live just as close.

plus i live 45 mins from the mouse house. It is his appointed board not disneys did you read it
I live closer and know someone in legal for them. Person is not a sunshine pumper and everyone in that building is perfectly happy with how this played out. I'm not saying Ron lost bigly, but it doesn't mean how he handled it wasn't really stupid.

Also, the fed lawsuit is still on the table for Disney should they choose to fight that battle. So not exactly a win for Ole Ron on this one.

Reactions: willdup

I live just as close.
This is the content I have been waiting for as I had be unable to research the terms of the settlement.

"Settlement" does not mean you "cleaned someone's clock". It means you probably walked away giving up stuff you didn't want to. And it sounds like that happend with both parties.

Disney is playing the long game here....as Iger is known to do. Keeping the federal lawsuit in hand is a win for Disney and a much more powerful bargaining chip.

Reactions: celticdawg

Pence is a pawn

Haley was an ok candidate, but she seems to bow to public pressure way too easilyYou

Elder was never serious

No thanks on Christie

You are no conservative.

Haley, ASA LMBO

I live just as close.
of course all you leftist, use left biased sources that spin for your point of view. I didn't see a settlement in the article, I saw what they told you the settlement said. But go ahead and be wrong, you shouldn't change. You are batting 1000

Reactions: Athens is Heaven

Pence is a pawn

Elder was never serious

No thanks on Christie

Early in the primary season, I was in a small Zoom meeting with Pence and some other religious leaders. I was NOT impressed.

He hit all the expected topics for speaking to a group of conservative pastors. But no plan. No strategy. No inspiration. He went through the motions and told us how to donate to his campaign.

Was not surprised when he dropped out. After that meeting, I knew he had NO future in politics.

Interesting as a rock.

It’s like crowing over 3% inflation while people struggle with 20% cumulative inflation since the dumbass took office. And just housing and food are worse than that.
How anyone can't see this, I have no idea. Heard (did not read) a political talk show in the car, saying food, housing, gas, etc.. is up more like 30%. That is the "real" inflation Americans feel. I didn't need the talk show to tell me that. Visit a McDonalds, Walmart, crazy prices now. There ain't a dem here that can deny they paying at least 30% higher for goods, services and necessities.

Early in the primary season, I was in a small Zoom meeting with Pence and some other religious leaders. I was NOT impressed.

He hit all the expected topics for speaking to a group of conservative pastors. But no plan. No strategy. No inspiration. He went through the motions and told us how to donate to his campaign.

Was not surprised when he dropped out. After that meeting, I knew he had NO future in politics.

Interesting as a rock.
I'm sure a he's a good man. But you are right. A RINO. Dull. He didn't stand a chance.

How anyone can't see this, I have no idea. Heard (did not read) a political talk show in the car, saying food, housing, gas, etc.. is up more like 30%. That is the "real" inflation Americans feel. I didn't need the talk show to tell me that. Visit a McDonalds, Walmart, crazy prices now. There ain't a dem here that can deny they paying at least 30% higher for goods, services and necessities.
Exactly. The 3% year-over-year means nothing, just that the acceleration in prices has slowed, but they’re still accelerating. What matters is the 20-30% cumulative increase since the addled corpse started throwing billions and trillions away on total bullshit. People are suffering and dems don’t give a rip about them. None of them seem to care at all including the Biden voters on this board. Every time he proposes some new billion dollar boondoggle they sit up and clap like trained seals.

Exactly. The 3% year-over-year means nothing, just that the acceleration in prices has slowed, but they’re still accelerating. What matters is the 20-30% cumulative increase since the addled corpse started throwing billions and trillions away on total bullshit. People are suffering and dems don’t give a rip about them. None of them seem to care at all including the Biden voters on this board. Every time he proposes some new billion dollar boondoggle they sit up and clap like trained seals.

I don't understand basing an opinion about something, like the economy, on a few cherry picked stats.

I don't care what government released statistics say. Food is more expensive. Housing is more expensive. Gas is more expensive. An oil change is more expensive. Fish bait, for goodness sake, is more expensive. I just paid 5.99 for a cup of nightcrawlers, and minnows were 7.99 a dozen.

The older i get, the less tolerance I have for the gaslighting of government. And this Administration loves it.

I don't understand basing an opinion about something, like the economy, on a few cherry picked stats.

I don't care what government released statistics say. Food is more expensive. Housing is more expensive. Gas is more expensive. An oil change is more expensive. Fish bait, for goodness sake, is more expensive. I just paid 5.99 for a cup of nightcrawlers, and minnows were 7.99 a dozen.

The older i get, the less tolerance I have for the gaslighting of government. And this Administration loves it.
That is what a free press is supposed to address. Part of the reason why our political system is so fouled up is because journos have become more of an advocacy group for one side or the other than non partisan fact finders. It's almost to the point where journo schools are useless because journalism today is more reading press releases given to them by partisans more so than digging in and reporting the truth no matter where their investigation leads.

Pence is a pawn

Elder was never serious

No thanks on Christie

Not sure Ron D was embarrassed

Reactions: Athens is Heaven

OK. We did have an entirely unprecedented disruption of the global supply chain that has resulted in high (in fact, higher in most other developed economies than in the US) inflation. This after three decades of just-in-time supply chain optimization that works well to reduce capital expenditure, minimize inventories and increase profits, right up to the point that the JIT supply chain experiences a disruption. Then you have optimized out most or all of the resiliency in the supply chain and the ripples tend to be far more problematic and destructive, as we’ve seen.

You can thank McKenzie and the other management consulting firms for that development.

So what, specifically, is Trump proposing that’s going to better curb inflation? The primary economic policy that I’ve heard him discuss recently is a 10% tax on all imports. Is that going to help inflation?

BTW, did you know that corporate profits in the US are collectively at an all time high? I’m not sure why that isn’t part of the discussion when we are talking about inflation.

Edit: more about corporate profits.

Last edited:
  • Haha
OK. We did have an entirely unprecedented disruption of the global supply chain that has resulted in high (in fact, higher in most other developed economies than in the US) inflation. This after three decades of just-in-time supply chain optimization that works well to reduce capital expenditure, minimize inventories and increase profits, right up to the point that the JIT supply chain experiences a disruption. Then you have optimized out most or all of the resiliency in the supply chain and the ripples tend to be far more problematic and destructive, as we’ve seen.

You can thank McKenzie and the other management consulting firms for that development.

So what, specifically, is Trump proposing that’s going to better curb inflation? The primary economic policy that I’ve heard him discuss recently is a 10% tax on all imports. Is that going to help inflation?

BTW, did you know that corporate profits in the US are collectively at an all time high? I’m not sure why that isn’t part of the discussion when we are talking about inflation.

Edit: more about corporate profits.

Did you respond to me by mistake, because I don't get what you mean.

Are you suggesting that hamburgers and fish bait cost more because of Covid?

I don't know who McKenzie is and I didn't mention Trump. And corporate profits don't really have anything to do with me.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't follow.

Haley and Asa are not conservative in any form or fashion. Supporting them as candidates is far from being conservative.
Calling Haley anything but conservative is WILD. She isn't a Trump ring kisser so you don't like her, but that does not mean she is not conservative.

As far as Asa is concerned, I admitted to not knowing much about him. He is probably more moderate, but I was going strictly off of who was running on the republican ticket.

Joe Biden inspires me because I can be president because i am 40 and have a lot of dirt,..but not near as much as Biden, ..., I am unlikeable, but not near as unlikeable as Biden, unfortunately I don't have near the electioneering machine behind me so I am f****d

For one thing I believe in institutions and globalism although Biden isn’t globalist enough for me.

I firmly believe in government support of healthcare and education and am willing to do my part to pay for it.

I hate the conservative culture wars. I’m tired of racism, xenophobia, religious zealotry., and other dog whistles. I also firmly am pro choice and do not want any Republican making more judicial appointments.

Biden has some issues but he is far superior to any realistic alternative. I wish we could have another Obama but right now there doesn’t appear to be one on the horizon. Basically I more or less support Biden and the other side not just their leader are completely unacceptable to me.

Yes, my issue with Trump is that he is the Great Truth Teller. That’s exactly right. I’m sure that long promised proof of massive vote fraud is going to surface any day now.:rolleyes:

@potimuswille, I’m voting for Biden because I’m relatively confident that he and his party will abide by the outcome of free and fair elections, which a bunch of people including yourself have decided isn’t of much importance these days.

I believe we should support Ukraine and that the GOP trend toward isolationism will result in the same outcome as the last time we thought the two oceans would protect us from world events (WW2 for those who don’t remember history).

I am more closely aligned with Dem abortion policy than current GOP abortion policy.

I’m concerned about the national debt, but have no reason that Trump of all people would meaningfully impact it. His first two years he had both houses of Congress and all he did was pass a tax cut during an expansion that added to the debt and further contributed to the ongoing concentration of wealth with the top 1% of the country.

In fact, that ongoing concentration of wealth at the top is going to organically accelerate due to AI, and I think the Dems are more likely to enact policy to help ameliorate it, although I have no idea what the policy would look like.

That’s all I’ve got for you. And further discussion would involve comparing and contrasting the two choices.
TLDR
Keep believing that shiitt if it makes you happy. Whatever you said

Calling Haley anything but conservative is WILD. She isn't a Trump ring kisser so you don't like her, but that does not mean she is not conservative.

As far as Asa is concerned, I admitted to not knowing much about him. He is probably more moderate, but I was going strictly off of who was running on the republican ticket.
Im no trump ring kisser. I have never voted for trump in a primary. I did vote for him as the pub nominee and will again, so you can kiss you trump ring kisser sentiment goodbye. However, you are dead wrong if you think Haley is anything other than a rino. If you think she is a conservative then you don't even have clue what a conservative is, and therefore cannot be one. Good day.

For one thing I believe in institutions and globalism although Biden isn’t globalist enough for me.

I firmly believe in government support of healthcare and education and am willing to do my part to pay for it.

I hate the conservative culture wars. I’m tired of racism, xenophobia, religious zealotry., and other dog whistles. I also firmly am pro choice and do not want any Republican making more judicial appointments.

Biden has some issues but he is far superior to any realistic alternative. I wish we could have another Obama but right now there doesn’t appear to be one on the horizon. Basically I more or less support Biden and the other side not just their leader are completely unacceptable to me.
bless your heart

Wars were fought so we could have our independence and not be a globalist. It would be a grave mistake to throw it all away.

Wars were fought so we could have our independence and not be a globalist. It would be a grave mistake to throw it all away.
Wars were fought so we didn’t have to be aligned with any one country and could choose our Allie’s and trade with anyone. That was a new, weak country who didn’t want to be bullied.

World War II taught a much different lesson to a more powerful, mature country about what happens when you try to keep from getting involved in world affairs. We’ve forgotten those lessons it seems and some seem to have views more aligned with our enemies in that war.

Reactions: jbpayne32
Wars were fought so we didn’t have to be aligned with any one country and could choose our Allie’s and trade with anyone. That was a new, weak country who didn’t want to be bullied.

World War II taught a much different lesson to a more powerful, mature country about what happens when you try to keep from getting involved in world affairs. We’ve forgotten those lessons it seems and some seem to have views more aligned with our enemies in that war.
Were you asleep during the Trump yrs? When Trump took office ISIS was literally broadcasting beheadings, torture and burning people to death while caged. When Trump left office, ISIS was all but eradicated and the Abraham accords were the best shot at peace in the ME in my lifetime.

Russia was in check and not trying to expand as they did under O and Biden. The little rocket man had stopped lobbing test missiles over Japan and China knew dumping on our markets would bring swift and punishing tariffs. It's okay to disagree about the proper role of government as one mans benevolence may be another man's tyranny but it's pure folly to suggest the Trump admin wasn't involved and even leading on the world stage. Pressuring our allies to buy energy from us and not from Putin, renegotiating insane trade deals and leading a peace mission in the ME isn't isolationism just because we didn't start new wars during his term.

Last edited:
It’s not just about whether new wars are started. The institutions Trump undermines deter bad actors. Sometimes there is a lag. I feel like Putin has capitalized on weakness and division in the western alliance.

I do feel like Iraq and Afghanistan were mistakes. However once they were started leaving was always going to be difficult. Much has been made about our exit from Afghanistan but it was probably inevitably going to go badly.

It’s no mistake though that an undermined NATO has led to a bold Putin. That’s why I believe Russia helped Trump. I don’t think it was a deal but instead then understanding he’s an agent of chaos that helps their interests at our expense.

• Haha
Your blind aligence to the MAGA cult doesn't change the truth.

Your belief in the corrupt democrats who do not give a damn about you or any other American Citizen is typical of the blind allegiance to the left wing whackjobs. Name one positive thing that Biden and his administration has done for America or American Citizens... Liberal democrats and their agendas are a cancer in our country.

From your statement, I assume you do not wish to see our country get back to greatness and our position as world leader. There is very little if any respect for us thanks to Slo Joe's policies .

Peace comes from a position of strength... great statement from Ronald Reagan and was a big part of Trump's administration ... now weakness prevails thanks to Slo Joe and the rest of the left wing dems.

We cannot survive another four years of crooked Joe Biden in the white house.

Last edited:
It’s not just about whether new wars are started. The institutions Trump undermines deter bad actors. Sometimes there is a lag. I feel like Putin has capitalized on weakness and division in the western alliance.

I do feel like Iraq and Afghanistan were mistakes. However once they were started leaving was always going to be difficult. Much has been made about our exit from Afghanistan but it was probably inevitably going to go badly.

It’s no mistake though that an undermined NATO has led to a bold Putin. That’s why I believe Russia helped Trump. I don’t think it was a deal but instead then understanding he’s an agent of chaos that helps their interests at our expense.
Again, you either slept thru the Trump yrs or only watch MSNBC. Trump in no way undermined NATO. He simply put pressure on the other members to increase their funding (mostly for the defense of their continent) to the levels they they agreed to pay. His hard nosed approach has been credited with strengthen NATO instead of harming them.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/01/27/nato-chief-credits-trump/2695799002/

Next, the institutions Trump fought were the institutions that maliciously used evidence they knew was not verified in order to secure a search warrant from a secret court in order to spy on his campaign and administration. It has been determined in a court of law that abusing FISA is a daily occurrence for the FBI. So, one could come to the conclusion that the FBI as well as Brennan and Clapper were in conflict with American values.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fb...tabase-278000-searches-court-says-2023-05-19/

As far as Afghanistan, Biden was advised to leave a small force behind but he's the one that made the decision to pull out completely and abandon our allies in the country, billions in military equipment and the extremely strategic Bagram Airfield. Both O and Biden release billions to Iran.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/28/top-generals-afghanistan-withdrawal-congress-hearing-514491

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...p-deal-iran-lifts-freeze-6-billion-rcna104474

Biden also literally expressed the desire to admit more illegal aliens and reversed the Trump policies that had illegal immigration under control.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-immigration-central-america-dc2c532462a71fed967fc0db232dadb4

And who is helping Putin?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50875935 Trump

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57180674 Biden

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57422456 Biden

Last edited:
Your belief in the corrupt democrats who do not give a damn about you or any other American Citizen is typical of the blind allegiance to the left wing whackjobs. Name one positive thing that Biden and his administration has done for America or American Citizens... Liberal democrats and their agendas are a cancer in our country.

From your statement, I assume you do not wish to see our country get back to greatness and our position as world leader. There is very little if any respect for us thanks to Slo Joe's policies .

Peace comes from a position of strength... great statement from Ronald Reagan and was a big part of Trump's administration ... now weakness prevails thanks to Slo Joe and the rest of the left wing dems.

We cannot survive another four years of crooked Joe Biden in the white house.
Reagan was the first Pres I voted for in 1980 and the reason I started following politics.
He would roll over in his grave if he saw what the MAGA wing has done to today's Rep party.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT