ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Georgia top cop (AG) so weak and spineless

Well, under the Georgia Constitution, the Georgia Attorney General has no control over elected district attorneys, so there is that.

There are three ways to remove a district attorney: 1) the newly created prosecuting attorney qualification commission 2) vote them out of office and 3) disbar them.

In regards to Ms. Willis, I would be shocked if all three are not in motion as we speak.

Well, under the Georgia Constitution, the Georgia Attorney General has no control over elected district attorneys, so there is that.

There are three ways to remove a district attorney: 1) the newly created prosecuting attorney qualification commission 2) vote them out of office and 3) disbar them.

In regards to Ms. Willis, I would be shocked if all three are not in motion as we speak.
Correct. It's not a conflict but it's an ethics violation and the cover up exacerbated it.

While he lacks that authority, does he not have the power to initiate grand jury proceedings, seeking criminal charges?

I presume the roadblock there (other than finding criminal conduct) is having the grand jury be selected from fulton county residents? Because I presume the AG can't just select whatever venue he wants.

Idk if that is what @OlecountryDawg is asking but he is correct that the only way to stop this nonsense is letting politically motivated democrats know that politically motivated prosecutions will be answered in kind.

While he lacks that authority, does he not have the power to initiate grand jury proceedings, seeking criminal charges?

I presume the roadblock there (other than finding criminal conduct) is having the grand jury be selected from fulton county residents? Because I presume the AG can't just select whatever venue he wants.

Idk if that is what @OlecountryDawg is asking but he is correct that the only way to stop this nonsense is letting politically motivated democrats know that politically motivated prosecutions will be answered in kind.

Yeah . The whole Georgia Republican state party is weaker than a wet paper towel.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
The Georgia Republican Party is no different than any state GOP they all suck at politics with the possible exception of Desantis down in Florida
Are you saying DeSantis doesn't suck in politics? He raised a ton of money and once he got in the sunlight he was a disaster.

Are you saying DeSantis doesn't suck in politics? He raised a ton of money and once he got in the sunlight he was a disaster.
Desantis is a fantastic executor. The democrat party in Florida has been rendered completely powerless within 4 years of an election he won by like 300 votes.

He was an awful campaigner but I don’t know if that is totally on him or a mixture of his own campaign failings and the fact he was running against Trump.

There are legit and i would argue admirable reasons why republicans suck at politics when compared to democrats. But you aren't wrong.
Those legit reasons cannot be admirable when the result is the extinction of the American ethos.

Failing to recognize politics is a zero sum game and we are no longer merely disagreeing about tax cuts is unforgivable imo.

Yes, that's exactly what's being said. The fine people of Florida certainly don't see him as a disaster...

301px-2022_Florida_gubernatorial_election_results_map_by_county.svg.png

7XYRW4DNX5BPTKI27AH7HE3IMM.png

Those legit reasons cannot be admirable when the result is the extinction of the American ethos.

Failing to recognize politics is a zero sum game and we are no longer merely disagreeing about tax cuts is unforgivable imo.
I have said this for years.

About 20 years ago, the big debate between Democrats and Republicans as whether the top tax rate should be 40% or 50%. I would like to go back to those days.

Now, Democrats are injecting politics into everything. People are crapping on the streets, bleeding all over the streets after injecting drugs, defunding the police, theorizing that “maybe it’s not the criminals, who were the bad people, maybe it’s the police“, trying to teach elementary school children how to come out as gay or trans when they are pre-puberty, etc.

It’s gotten out of hand.

Not going to hold my breath waiting for #2 or #3

Yes, that's exactly what's being said. The fine people of Florida certainly don't see him as a disaster...

301px-2022_Florida_gubernatorial_election_results_map_by_county.svg.png

7XYRW4DNX5BPTKI27AH7HE3IMM.png
That is such ancient history. He has been a totally different person/politician since that time and I think a lot of people have changed their opinion. He tried to out Trump Trump and failed miserably. He couldn't beat Haley, so obviously he wasn't thought of too highly outside of Florida and that's just among Republicans. I would call that a disaster, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Desantis is a fantastic executor. The democrat party in Florida has been rendered completely powerless within 4 years of an election he won by like 300 votes.

Dictators are also great executors and that is what he has tried to be in Florida even retaliating against Republican who have crossed him.
He was an awful campaigner but I don’t know if that is totally on him or a mixture of his own campaign failings and the fact he was running against Trump.

So you are saying he was an awful campaigner and part of that was his own campaign failings, so he has no one to blame for that part. I think his problem running against Trump was that he tried to be Trump when there was a more perfect version available with Trump himself. HIs attempts to be more extreme didn't seem to win him much favor even with the Republicans.

The state of Florida has had a lot of people moving there from blue states to avoid high crime and high taxes. It appears that they are voting to avoid a similar unfortunate fate in their new state.

I say bravo.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadduckdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT