ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Let’s talk tequila….

We’ve had plenty of bourbon threads, and as the bourbon craze wanes, let’s focus on tequila. Mrs. Lumpdawg told me last night that we’re moving to tequila as the temperatures rise. Problem is I know squat about tequila. She bought a bottle of Clase Azul today after having a glass of it last weekend. It’s terrific, but it’s crazy expensive.

• What should we be looking for in tequila?
  • Why does it come in clear, light brown, and dark brown?
  • Which one is better for sipping verse making drinks like margaritas?
  • What’s good verse popular?
  • Will Jack the Pup enjoy tequila ice as much as bourbon ice?

Trade stocks like Nancy Pelosi

Traders have invested $55 million using an app that copies congressional stock portfolios​

Autopilot

An app allowing its users to trade like members of Congress and leading investors just broke $100 million in total investments. Despite its success, the app's cofounders adamantly say they hope it leads Congress to ban themselves from trading.

Released in January 2023, Autopilot pulls trading data filed by members of Congress and allows users to copy their trades. Since the passage of the Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge (STOCK) Act in 2012, members of Congress are required to report each of their and their immediate family's investments within 45 days or face financial penalties.

The app also allows its users to mimic investments made by prominent hedge fund managers like Michael Burry, the subject of the 2015 movie "The Big Short," via their federally required 13F filings.
Chris Josephs, a cofounder of the platform who runs the popular "Nancy Pelosi Stock Tracker" on X, told Business Insider the app breezed past the $100 million trading milestone on Monday, with more than $55 million copied from trades that copied congressionally filed ones.

The app doesn't allow its users to mimic every member of Congress. Instead, it provides four legislators to copy — Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Rep. Dan Crenshaw, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and Rep. Dan Goldman, plus an amalgam of stocks from "the top 10 politician traders based on their 2022 performance."

Josephs said the portfolios of Crenshaw and Pelosi, which the congresswoman has said are made by her husband, Paul Pelosi, are the two most popular to mirror.

Statistics within the app show that Pelosi's reported trades increased 45% in value in 2023. Crenshaw's increased in value by 41%.

Asked for comment on the matter, Corry Schiermeyer, spokesperson for Crenshaw's office, told Business Insider their boss is "not a millionaire and barely has anything invested in the market."

Representatives from Pelosi's office declined Business Insider's request for comment.

The fight against congressional stock trading​

At the end of 2021, Pelosi — then-speaker of the House — said that she was against banning members of Congress and their families from trading stocks, leading to massive public outcry and her to flip her position on the matter.

Several members of Congress — both Republicans and Democrats — tried to ban the practice in 2022 to no avail. Next congressional session, in 2023, a group of Democratic senators introduced a similar bill, though it remains stuck in committee.

"That's why we're doing this," Josephs, the Autopilot spokesperson, said. "Honestly, it's partly to continue holding their feet to the fire. We're not going away."

Donald Sherman, deputy director for the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said he thinks the app is a "clever idea." He's not surprised to hear that many legislators have trading portfolios that are more successful than the average investor's.

"If I take the most generous perspective, their entire job lends itself to the kind of careful study of market trends, economic factors, and experience with what moves the market that I think most traders need and would envy," he said.

As Autopilot's Josephs has put it: If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Reactions: anon_q2raz786xy94b

Let’s appreciate Silas Demary, Jr., who vs a senior PG went 27 minutes for 16/3/4 and just one turnover

Started every game this year, has continually improved and evolved, never hit a wall, has essentially defied the trend of get older that has defined the game of college hoops at the P5 level and beyond.

Login to view embedded media

3/20 - 3/21 Transfer portal updates

UGA Contacts/Social Media Follows (Updated 8 AM 3/21)

PG Ja”Kobi Gillespie Belmont JR 6-1 180 (Contact) (Social Media 2 coaches)
PG Arturo Dean FIU JR 5-11 163 (Social Media)
PG Leland Walker Eastern Kentucky JR 6-1 (Contact)
PG Koren Johnson Washington JR 6-2 163 (Social Media)
CG *Kanaan Carlyle Stanford SO 6-3 185 (Contact)
CG Bensley Joseph Miami JR 6-2 196 (Social Media)
SG Jlynn Counter IUPU SR 6-3 185 (Social Media)
SG *Marcus Foster Furman Grad transfer 6-4 200 (Contact)
SG Chaz Lanier North Florida SR 6-4 199 (Social Media)
SG *Tyrin Lawrence Vanderbilt Grad transfer 6-4 200 (Contact)(Social Media 3 coaches)
SG *Dakota Leffew Mount St. Mary’s Grad transfer 6-5 185 (Contact) (Social Media)
SG De’Shayne Montgomery Mount St. Mary’s SO 6-4 190 (Contact) (Social Media)
SG Jordan Derkack Merrimack JR 6-5 205 (Social Media)
SG Grant Huffman Davidson Grad transfer 6-4 190 (Social Media)
SF Michael Ajayi Pepperdine SR 6-7 220 (Social Media)
PF Mikeal Brown Jones UNCG Grad transfer 6-8 220 (Contact)
PF Xavier Amos NIU JR 6-8 215 (Social Media)
PF Mawot Mag Rutgers Grad transfer 6-7 216 (Social Media)
PF Sam Alexis UTC JR 6-9 230 (Contact)
C Trey Edmonds UTSA SR 6-10 255 (Contact)
C Jeremy Foumena Rhode Island SO 6-11 235 (Social Media)
C Dishon Jackson Charlotte JR 6-11 260 (Social Media)

*From Georgia

Committed Elsewhere

Missouri SF Jacob Crews UT Martin SR 6-8 210 (Contact)

UPDATE Note on Darrell "Duke" Johnson

Johnson visited Georgia over the weekend. This was in Adam Gorney's Rumor Mill, but for those who didn't read it here's the update:

Alabama, Florida State, Tennessee, UCF, Florida and Texas A&M are the finalists for the four-star linebacker from Eastman (Ga.) Dodge County who will announce his commitment on Wednesday. Johnson visited Georgia over the weekend and if the Bulldogs offered that would probably have been the pick but the coaching staff told him they want to see him work out at camp before an offer.

It now looks like a battle between the Crimson Tide and the Seminoles with Alabama possibly having an edge.

NonDawg My FALCONS are flying high TODAY! UPDATE- RIDDER GONE!

Man, how things change around here.
During the season folks complain and high-jack threads especially on game day.
Folks complain to admin about Falcons threads and low and behold look at the board lol
tons of falcons threads from admin as well as haters and lovers of our Atlanta team.
What has transpired over the last few months is amazing.
we have a competent qb finally since ryan and a young talented roster especially on offense.
Thank GOD we did not go the draft route (yes we still can but most likely will not) and get an unproven guy to once again roll the dice with all this young talent.
We did exactly what needed to be done.
Being from Dekalb county and growing up in decatur and stn mtn the falcons were our team and they will always be our team and now its time to take over the south and the NFC.
the draft now is so exciting !
Oh and to all the falcon hate because we don't draft uga players how about brining ole charlie home to his fam
look for ladd to be a falcon also if his is there in 2nd or third ( yes maybe to late.)\
More to come later.
GO MUTHA FING DIRTY BIRDS!
GO DAWGS Lets pray for a healthy spring.

Good Morning Dawg Nation

Good Thursday morning friends!!

Short hello from me today....been having some phone issues so I'm hoping I get this posted!

After the fiasco last week with all my social media stuff I've gotten a "business " phone for our Touchdown Club and I've been attempting to transfer everything over to it....shoot me now 🙃

If you haven't read the thread @HHolland92 posted, do yourself a favor and get as enamored as I did over it!

As always....Prayers for all those in need, spoken and unspoken, and especially for my GMDN friends.

Happy Birthday/Anniversary if you're celebrating today 🎉🎉

Love you guys and gals, MEAN IT.....

Go Dawgs ❤️

April

Hard to believe we went from suspending Todd Gurley to this:

"The nation’s #1 ranked recruiting class just collaborated with Top Tier Authentics (TTA) to introduce their first-ever multi-signed gear, featuring Coach Kirby Smart and 20+ incoming top players.

What’s more, each item features TTA’s unique verification technology, enabling fans to experience the act of signing and access other immersive, engaging and shareable content."

"UGA players and staff signing memorabilia include, but are not limited to:

· Kirby Smart (Coach)

· Trevor Etienne (RB)

· Ellis Robinson (DB)

· KJ Bolden (DB)

· Ryan Puglisi (QB)

· Nitro Tuggle (WR)

· Sacovie White (WR)

· London Humphreys (WR)

· Colbie Young (WR)

· Michael Jackson (WR)

· Jaden Reddell (TE)