ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Elite 2026 WDE enjoys third visit to UGA in as many months

Gainesville (GA) 2026 prospect Xavier Griffin wrapped up his third visit to Georgia on Saturday. It was his third since January. He feels “at home” in Athens.

“It’s been great, I feel like I have known them longer than I have! I truly feel like I’m home”

Login to view embedded media

Pitching and Defense

We are seeing the downside of having all these guys play different positions and pitch in multiple roles. Gotta make that play in left that Toetz missed. And not sure why in the world Mracna didn’t even bother to look at the baserunner. I’m all for getting the best bats on the field, but man we look a little Mickey Mouse right now.

UPDATE Top 2026 OL talks today’s visit

“Really liked it. Watching spring practice and sitting in on the team and position meetings was very enjoyable,” Cantwell said.

“It was my second UGA practice visit. I thought the guys played with relentless effort and were getting better out there, and that the coaches are intense but do an incredible job,” Cantwell said.

Coming week...

I don't thinks it's overstating to say this coming week is the most critical to the rest of the season.

We have Wofford coming in. I assume Jarvis will start given he only pitched one inning last week.

Then comes Bama, which is a very winnable series. We could play like this weekend, but I bet if we look back after the season we will say this was the worst weekend.

Gotta right the ship. We have plenty of bats and as CWJ, must learn to flush it in SEC. I'm old enough to remember our teams that looked like crap midweek and the would slay in SEC. Although that's when we had 3 true SEC starters. When was the last time we had that.

I'm not panicking. Are you?

Sobering

The baseball team has a way of sobering a fan,quickly. We are being bullied and brutalized for sure. Not just beat,but embarrassed down into your very soul.I was not expecting this,Kentucky is not returning champs. We have to play Alabama and then go to Knoxville,it’s NOT gonna be pretty. I knew the pitching would be a work in progress. The inability to score RISP,and inept outfield defense is excruciating. It looks like a long season. I did have hope,but reality bites !

Regarding the NIT....Some scuttlebutt....

Few things obviously, have to happen. But the "optimistic" view...
If Texas A&M makes the NCAAs and Ole Miss declines an NIT opportunity (which Coach Beard hinted at last night), then Georgia could well slip in.
Personally, I'd be surprised, but in talking to some folks, it's the belief that this at least a decent chance of this happening.

Boycott Tyson foods

They are closing a plant in Perry Iowa and firing 1200 employees in a town of 8000. At the same time they plan to hire 57,000 illegals only. They have been tracking them and recruiting them. Why? Because they can fire US citizens and hire these invaders for low wages. THAT is the reason big business donates to the Dems and tells them we need cheap labor and Biden opens the border wide open. It is sickening. I’m done with all companies that do💩 like that.

Good Morning Dawg Nation

Successful Mani/Pedi day for my Mom and me yesterday. She's starting to feel like herself again and she said the pretty nails help....that's good enough for me.

Taking my Wine Rack girls to breakfast this morning. We call it a staff meeting but I like to do it to let them know how much I appreciate all they do for us. Plus it's not at the store so we can hang out and not "talk shop" too. John and I may hit up Costco or Sam's later today.

I hope Everett and AMC had successful events yesterday, @SmyrnaGaDawg and I have no doubt @PawPawDawg is enjoying the grands.

From now on I'm not going to mention any Dawg sports other than football because gosh darn it, every single time I do it's a loss on the scoreboard 🙃😒

Here's to a satisfying Sunday for you all!

As always....Prayers for all those in need, spoken and unspoken, and especially for my GMDN friends.

Happy Birthday/Anniversary if you're celebrating today 🎉🎉

Love you guys and gals, MEAN IT.....

Go Dawgs ❤️

April

Sankey Gotta Go

He did his job getting the SEC as much money as possible with the ESPN tv deal and the new CFP deal. However, sounds like he wants to ruin the NCAA tournament now. I don’t hate the CFP changes because it will help UGA. Under an expanded playoff we would have made the playoff every year since 2017. But taking away tournament access to the mid majors will ruin March Madness. Thanks for the paycheck, go run for Congress or something and leave the NCAA Tournament alone.

On yesterday…

Obviously very disappointing. That is two days in a row where something has happened, albeit different, where I’ve thought “that’s probably not going to happen again” … Friday night it was Charlie Goldstein and Kolten Smith combining to give up 11 runs and 12 hits. Yesterday it was us getting 3 hits. We are a better team than we have shown so far.

Yesterday I kept thinking it could have been so much worse than 3-0 or even 6-0. And when we rallied to make it 6-3, I really thought we were going to get the W after all. A lot of bad stuff had happened, but Kentucky hadn’t buried us.

I’m not shocked at 13 runs scored in two games. That seems about right. I am shocked at 10 hits in two games. I really thought that we’d swing it better than that.

On Josh Roberge, I didn’t see it and still haven’t seen the replay. Was it intentional or not? After the game Wes Johnson was (quite predictably) adamant that it was not intentional. He talked about where the ball went and said “if we’re trying to hit someone, we’re not throwing at this feet.” But that doesn’t prove or disprove anything about intent - I’m sure Roberge didn’t meant to throw the ball where he did for the two HRs either.

I don’t know everything that was going on in the moment. So even it was intentional, I’m not going to automatically say it was not called for. But if it was intentional and nothing more than him being frustrated over the HRs, there is no good defense for that and he should be suspended for a game or two. I don’t want us to carry ourselves that way and I don’t think anyone else does either.

What else can you say? The stuff that we were worried about (pitching and defense) has been problematic this weekend. The stuff we weren’t worried about (hitting generally and for power specifically) has also been problematic. Just have to get off the deck today. As we saw in 2021, staying out of sweeps will keep you in contention for a long time.

Great effort and heart, won the boards, shot the three well. but missed four layups and two late turnovers killed us.

Kinda the same as all year in close games. And the doubleteams cost us again. Even the announcers said it as they wondered, along with many of us, why we came out of the zone. Just a sad, disappointing, frustrating, season that truly could have been better.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT