ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note A note on UGA and a Rivals100 WR

Login to view embedded media
Taylor visited Athens this weekend. This marks his second visit of 2024, as he also visited Athens the weekend of February 3.

This weekend saw Taylor and his mother hit it off with James Coley. This was their first time meeting Coley in person after Bryan McClendon's departure. All indications are that things couldn't have gone better.

Georgia is in it with several different receivers - Travis Smith, CJ Wiley, Eugene Hilton, etc etc. There had been a little bit of a question as to where exactly Taylor stood on that board with the coaching changes.

But after this weekend, sources are indicating to UGASports that Taylor has a spot in Athens. With that seeming to be the case, I really like where the Bulldogs are at for the Rivals100 receiver out of Illinois.

Frank Orgel, damn good dawg and good friend passed today

Frank played at Georgia during the late 50's and 60 and was good friends with Pat Dye. He coached at WRHS for several years before going with Dye to East Carolina and was his defensive coordinator at Auburn during their great years. Later he coach at Georgia under Ray Goff. He was a really funny guy and told the best jokes ever. These last 15-20 years he battle Lou Gehrig's disease. As much as I hate Auburn they really did a good job looking out for him in these later years...R.I.P Frank

Thread watchedPlease, please, please Coach White I'm begging you to call off the high double with our postman.elevator Today at 12:28 PM

Reid will be tough enough to handle with bigs playing him straight up. Or hopefully, get some low help at times. I truly believe we forced our first turnover of the season last game utilizing the high post double team. Of course as some may wish to point out, at my age, my memory could be faulty.

Opinion Jared Curtis and QB dominoes

First, let me apologize for being a bit slow on the jump with the Jared Curtis commitment today. It's my brother's birthday tomorrow and we spent today as a family playing golf and are going to dinner here in a bit. Obviously, didn't expect Curtis to pop today. That's my bad, but shout out to Lance for knocking out a story while also at baseball.

I've thought Georgia was in good shape for Curtis ever since I interviewed him in January. At the time, he said he wanted to commit in February. But several other things in his recruitment - I know there was a trip to Ohio State he didn't get to take because of weather, for example - seemed to have slowed things down some.

But now Curtis has secured his spot in Georgia's 2026 class. He is the first commit in that cycle and will now go about building it around him. I'd bet that he spent some good time this weekend recruiting Zykie Helton to join him as his center in the class.

As we know, Helton's teammate is Julian Lewis. Matt Zollers is also out there, having recently set a commitment date of April 4.

I don't believe Curtis would scare off any of the 2025 guys. These things usually don't work where guys scare off other guys in the class ahead of them. If either Lewis or Zollers doesn't want to come to Athens because of a guy coming in a year behind them, well, I'm not sure if that's the mindset you want in your program anyway.

Zollers and Lewis are the two any-time takes in the 2025 class. Zollers is of course slated to make a decision sooner with the commitment announcement in a couple of weeks.

I think the Zollers race is too close to call right now. But I'd say Georgia has the ball in its court by having the last visit, and a visit that is roughly 48 hours before Zollers' commitment at that.

As for Lewis, your guess is as good as mine. I haven't been able to talk myself into him coming to Georgia yet. We'll see how things go in the coming weeks.

So to sum this all up -Curtis is a great add and a fantastic way to start the 2026 class. I don't, however, think it has a whole lot of bearing on how things shake out for the 2025 quarterbacks.

North Georgia NIghthawks

It's amazing how little media Division II basketball gets, even though, well, it's Division II. So you'd be forgiven for not knowing your North Georgia Nighthawks of Dahlonega are in the Elite Eight of the NCAA Division II tournament. They've had a great season. My son, a grad, took me to several of the games and I became a fan. It's FUN to watch a college basketball team win nearly 30 games. Who knew? You also learn about colleges you've absolutely never heard of. UNG will face off with West Texas A&M this weekend.

UNG has good bigs on both sides of the court, dominates rebounding, shoots great from the foul line and has some nice three-point shooters as well. Not painful in the least to watch a game. I wish it were on TV. Or even radio. After the regular season, in which the games are all streamed, it's pay per view. Go Nighthawks. Wings Up!

Please, please, please Coach White I'm begging you to call off the high double with our postman.

Reid will be tough enough to handle with bigs playing him straight up. Or hopefully, get some low help at times. I truly believe we forced our first turnover of the season last game utilizing the high post double team. Of course as some may wish to point out, at my age, my memory could be faulty.

Good Morning Dawg Nation

Very productive Saturday in the books and getting some plants finished up today I hope. Been dodging the rain the last 2 weekends.

Chainsaw got it done.

Diamond Dawgs got it done.

Another Dawg in the house.

We're set up for a fantastic Sunday!
Grab your coffee or Diet Mt Dew and let's catch up before breakfast and church....

As always....Prayers for all those in need, spoken and unspoken, and especially for my GMDN friends.

Happy Birthday/Anniversary if you're celebrating today 🎉🎉

Love you guys and gals, MEAN IT.....

Go Dawgs ❤️

April

Off the top of my head, I don’t know…

who we are playing next weekend. I know it’s away. Ever since Sunday, I haven’t looked at our schedule… it’s a bit of superstition I guess, but I just don’t want to look beyond this weekend. If we want to play in June, it has to start this weekend, today. We aren’t going to come back from 0-6 and it’s going to be very difficult, but not impossible, to come back from 1-5.

If we are 1-5 tomorrow night, we have to go 12-12 or 13-11 to get in. That’s a very tall order.

Life comes at you fast. This is the most important day of the season. Not because of the cliche “because it’s the next one” but because it’s going to determine whether we stay on schedule or have to climb uphill.

Can’t wait… I can’t believe it’s only 1015 right now…

NonDawg Coastal Georgia Living Suggestions

I'll be graduating vet school at the end of this year and looking into living options along the coast. Places like SSI, Savannah, Brunswick, etc. My girlfriend and I will both have jobs as veterinarians (hopefully) so we should be able to afford a decent place at that point. Nothing crazy because the loans are no joke. Just want to start getting an idea of any places people might recommend. I'm from the Augusta/Thomson area so I know Georgia but don't know the coast that well. Looking for places that eventually I can get a house on a little water inlet and just didn't know if there were any hidden gems I could be missing. Let me know (I am fully expecting some smart ass responses so bring em on)
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT