ADVERTISEMENT

25 reasons why E.J. won't see a dime from Trump

Real wages were up 1.8% in 2023!
1.8%....seriously???? Wow, now look at the real inflation which is up 17% over the last 3 years. It's currently at over 3% so the dollar value is still being drained from our bank accounts. Biden is taxing everyone by printing money. This is insanely dangerous and the fed will have to raise rates again.

Moving goal posts was in response to you saying "wages are STILL not keeping up with inflation" when in fact they are based on recent data and then you say "yeah, it's just" and then saying compare to last guys entire presidency. That's moving the goal posts/changing the argument...

Real wages are wages adjusted for inflation (or....taking into account inflation). I'm not assuming or thinking that....it's math. It's foolish to not understand the terminology...
What are you looking at, the first 2 months of the calendar year??……..If so, are you using this as a measure on Biden’s performance??

Again, the only thing “foolish” is assuming what I do or do not understand.

What are you looking at, the first 2 months of the calendar year??……..If so, are you using this as a measure on Biden’s performance??

Pretty clear you didn’t understand that Real wages took inflation into account. Since Q3 2019, before the pandemic, wages are up 1.7 percent and are up 3.2 percent for people at the 25% percentile for wages (lower middle class).

figure1-fs-12142023.png

I don't have to assume anything. You clearly don't understand that "real" wages are wages adjusted for inflation, so any retort saying "well inflation is doing X" is irrelevant because inflation already calculated when finding "real wages". "Real" means real. If we called them "inflation adjusted wages" would that help here?

And no...I'm not using this information as any measure for bidens performance, considering he inherited a mess of an economy during COVID regardless of whose fault it was (an economy that was slowing in 2019 I might add).

I'm simply requesting you stop asking for "real" wage growth to be adjusted for inflation....it's already adjusted. It makes you look "foolish", and in turn, makes me also look foolish for arguing with you, as you simply are still having trouble grasping the core concept.

Reactions: jbpayne32
I don't have to assume anything. You clearly don't understand that "real" wages are wages adjusted for inflation, so any retort saying "well inflation is doing X" is irrelevant because inflation already calculated when finding "real wages". "Real" means real. If we called them "inflation adjusted wages" would that help here?

And no...I'm not using this information as any measure for bidens performance, considering he inherited a mess of an economy during COVID regardless of whose fault it was (an economy that was slowing in 2019 I might add).

I'm simply requesting you stop asking for "real" wage growth to be adjusted for inflation....it's already adjusted. It makes you look "foolish", and in turn, makes me also look foolish for arguing with you, as you simply are still having trouble grasping the core concept.
Pretty clear you didn’t understand that Real wages took inflation into account. Since Q3 2019, before the pandemic, wages are up 1.7 percent and are up 3.2 percent for people at the 25% percentile for wages (lower middle class).

figure1-fs-12142023.png

Here. Watch this I dare you. The numbers are complete bullshit. They always are under this admin. They haven’t been right yet and get trashed a few months later.

Don’t believe me. Listen to this woman. She breaks down immigration and the economy. This is who is left behind. My daughter is another one feeling it. Masters degree. Had to move back home. She is moving back to the same apartment complex from 1.5 ago. The rent for the same style apartment is now 200 dollars higher. This is just rent. Everything else is at an all time high for everyone. It has passed so many by. We have the highest credit card debt ever as a nation. Right now car payments are going delinquent at record rates. Keep believing the numbers. Which are again not worth wiping your ass with.

This is real too. And why his approval rating is 36 percent on the economy. I hope he is still spewing bs numbers. It will carry him right out the f’ing door. Don’t let it hit you in the ass.

Things are not good economically when this happens. That is basic economics. No numbers can hide. Which is why his approval rating is the worst in the history of approval ratings. 🤦‍♂️

Don’t get me started on home sales and credit card interest. Insurance. Restaurants. Groceries. Gas. Hair cuts. Nails. Any good and service is now 30 to 100 percent more than it was 2020. That is what is real. The damage has been done. And it is getting worse

Last edited:

Yikes

11.4 percent higher home debt due to equity loans in 23. 5.4 more percent expected to hit in 2024

Whoever is elected or re elected is going to have their hands full. The note always comes due eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: cherrydawg

Good Lord dude........as you should already know by now, I am talking about wages not keeping up inflation during Biden's term.......2019 doesn't count.

Here is a chart through 37 months comparing Presidents Carter to Biden on inflation using the CPI:

2.21.24tab1.png

Here is a chart using the same Presidents through 37 months using "real wages" or inflation-adjusted changes in wages:

2.21.24tab2.png

Looks to me like that is a negative number and wages are not keeping pace.

It also looks to me that Trump is much better in this department to date...3,2% is a big difference for some folks. He is also better with the border disaster that we have now.

Overall....when all is considered, I still say that Biden is the worst President since Jimmy Carter.

https://perc.tamu.edu/blog/2024/02/presidents-real-wages.html

Last edited:
Good Lord dude........as you should already know by now, I am talking about wages not keeping up inflation during Biden's term.......2019 doesn't count.

Here is a chart through 37 months comparing Presidents Carter to Biden on inflation using the CPI:

2.21.24tab1.png

Here is a chart using the same Presidents through 37 months using "real wages" or inflation-adjusted changes in wages:

2.21.24tab2.png

It also looks to me that Trump is much better in this department to date...also better with the border disaster that we have now. Overall....when all is considered, I still say that Biden is the worst President since Jimmy Carter.

It is going to get worse as we continue to pay for illegals here to be housed and fed. It will only make the debt worse and inflation stay steady

Here. Watch this I dare you. The numbers are complete bullshit. They always are under this admin. They haven’t been right yet and get trashed a few months later.

Don’t believe me. Listen to this woman. She breaks down immigration and the economy. This is who is left behind. My daughter is another one feeling it. Masters degree. Had to move back home. She is moving back to the same apartment complex from 1.5 ago. The rent for the same style apartment is now 200 dollars higher. This is just rent. Everything else is at an all time high for everyone. It has passed so many by. We have the highest credit card debt ever as a nation. Right now car payments are going delinquent at record rates. Keep believing the numbers. Which are again not worth wiping your ass with.

This is real too. And why his approval rating is 36 percent on the economy. I hope he is still spewing bs numbers. It will carry him right out the f’ing door. Don’t let it hit you in the ass.

Things are not good economically when this happens. That is basic economics. No numbers can hide. Which is why his approval rating is the worst in the history of approval ratings. 🤦‍♂️

Don’t get me started on home sales and credit card interest. Insurance. Restaurants. Groceries. Gas. Hair cuts. Nails. Any good and service is now 30 to 100 percent more than it was 2020. That is what is real. The damage has been done. And it is getting worse
This bastard needs to be stopped and run out of Washington on a rail.

It is going to get worse as we continue to pay for illegals here to be housed and fed. It will only make the debt worse and inflation stay steady
Safety & financial security are important to most folks........hate it when someone is trying to piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.

Oh well, wonder what Joe is gonna say.....guess I will just read about it in the funny papers.

2.21.24tab1.png

2.21.24tab2.png

It also looks to me that Trump is much better in this department to date...3,2% is a big difference for some folks. He is also better with the border disaster that we have now.

Overall....when all is considered, I still say that Biden is the worst President since Jimmy Carter.

And why was Trump’s number positive and why would I start measuring prior to the pandemic?

I don’t know, maybe having 8M low wage workers leave the workforce all at once might have skewed that data a bit…might be a bit of an outlier…

2.21.24tab1.png

2.21.24tab2.png

1: thank you for adding context. Genuinely glad to see you actually know the difference in real and nominal wages (I was worried for a minute and felt like I was getting punked). I clearly wasnt the only one in the thread who was concerned you may not be able tell the difference.

2: in no way was I arguing that during bidens term have real wages outpaced inflation.... apologies if that wasn't clear. That would of course be a foolish argument. The data you show is correct there. But the data over the last 12 months shows wage growth is outpacing inflation. The process is slow...but promising. Anyone expecting an overnight fix had unrealistic expectations.

3: Honest question: is -.1% real wage growth since 2021 doom and gloom as has been projected on here? I think that's not bad considering how hot inflation had gotten in 2022/2023. Great? Not by any stretch. But its better than I expected (was expecting at least a full -1% for bidens term so far).

4: Biden appears to be on more of a Reagan trend line in both charts. Republicans should be pleased there. Trump's real wage numbers from month 37 to month 48 are inflated due to lower wage employees being unemployed/no wage growth for low income is removed from the data set...middle income and high income earners moved the needle significantly there. Not a point I'm trying to argue with anyone....but context to the data is always key.

5: always appreciate a good back and forth and hope there are no hard feelings. We agree on more than we disagree I'm sure.

I can tell you are shaking in your boots lol
That's your response to where is Trump going to get the money.

I have no idea what your point is, which is typical for you. I would love to hear your explanation.

I said that originally as a joke, but Trump has shown it to be a serious question (and problem).
@ugaboz

Well, I am still waiting for you to explain your comment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT