ADVERTISEMENT

4 Minute Video from Fauci

According to the GA DPH, we are trending towards 2x the number of new cases than the previous peak, so that is concerning. I know one of the prominent hospitals in metro Atlanta’s ICU was at 88% capacity earlier this week, also concerning.

I don’t know if I’m worried as much as I’m concerned about the trends in the data. We will know what’s what in the next 10-14 days.

It has made its triumphant return.

Just putting this here for those of you who would like to watch it.

I've said it many times, and I will say it again: the mRNA-1273 vaccine by Emory, the NIH, and CDC is going extremely well. One of my primary doctors said "we are seeing 100% success with the production of antibodies thanks to the vaccine." The quotes are there for a reason; I still remember her saying those exact words. It was a huge relief to know our country will eventually defeat this. I have also heard they are already actively preparing for mass production of this particular vaccine.

Please try your best to limit the negativity on this thread. Whether you like Fauci, masks, democrats or republicans, this thread was simply meant to provide a quick update.

From the CDC, as of yesterday:

.80 of 1% of the population of the U.S. have contracted Covid 19
.04 of 1% of the population have died from it.
.98 to .99 of those infected have recovered.

According to the GA DPH, we are trending towards 2x the number of new cases than the previous peak, so that is concerning. I know one of the prominent hospitals in metro Atlanta’s ICU was at 88% capacity earlier this week, also concerning.

I don’t know if I’m worried as much as I’m concerned about the trends in the data. We will know what’s what in the next 10-14 days.

I wonder if that's with, or without the books being cooked again. My concern is hysteria causing football to not be played because of this.

Agreed. We won’t know until more time passes. Worth it to point out that, to my knowledge, there have been no reported cases of someone contracting the virus twice, so we can be hopeful that immunity is strong after development of antibodies.

My concern about a vaccine is although it may produce antibodies, how long will they last to give immunity. There are studies showing antibodies lessening over a relatively brief period of time after contracting the virus. I would think whatever vaccine is developed it would need to be strong enough to produce lasting antibodies.

Is it typical in a scientific study of this nature for the kind of information your doctor has shared with you to be spread to the subjects in said study? I’m not saying it’s not but rather just that I didn’t know that’s how these things worked. I also didn’t know it was possible for any such study to have a 100% success rate on the first go around. That seems like great news. I look forward to seeing the published results once they are peer reviewed. It sounds like this would be the first thing of this entire crisis that isn’t a complete cluster fock. I hope it isn’t too good to be true.
It's a good question. From my understanding, test subjects in studies like this one are provided the most up-to-date information available from the researchers. It's based on several ethical codes.

For instance, I asked what side effects I should expect after the first dosage, and the doctor replied, "I have to answer that question fully since you asked, but I'll preface it by saying it would be most helpful if we didn't provide that answer. I do not want you to look for certain side effects to report, while possibly ignoring others based on my response to your question." I cut in and told her not to worry about it, I will figure it out after I get the vaccine.

Reactions: ncdawg94
In the part where he talks about the vaccine - he says that even if the vaccine is very effective (75-80%), we still have to combine it with public health measures. Does he mean social distancing is still in effect even after a vaccine? Or just test, isolate, contact tracing?

I hope he means the latter. Doesn't make sense to push a very effective vaccine then act like it's not effective.

Just a guess ... I think he knows it will take some time for the vaccine to be distributed to everyone, perhaps a couple months. He may be laying the groundwork to say "we have the vaccine but please don't suddenly go back to normal." Just a guess though

Last edited:
Reactions: A Tale of Two Dawgs
What ever. I do not remember various types of flu shots during past epidemics being divisive. They gave them to us in elementary school.
There were no vaccines developed, or widely given, during our last 2 pandemics in '57 and '68, and we survived even though the death rates were higher back then.

@Blocker57 do we feel like we’ll have a vaccine approved and distributed in mass before the year ends? Early next year? What’s the timeline looking like IYO?
Solely in my opinion, the vaccine gets approved in late September and begins being distributed sometime between October and December. Greater chance in December, but I firmly believe it's possible in October.

Last edited:
Reactions: lbfrost
Does "100% success with the production of antibodies" mean that those persons are protected from getting Covid-19?
Theoretically, yes it means those persons are protected from getting Covid-19. It has not been proven yet, however. I was possibly exposed to Covid last week and I called Emory to let them know. They basically said it didn't matter because I was vaccinated 3 weeks prior and it only takes a week for the vaccine to work.

Have difficulty understanding why the response to the the Coronavirus has become such a politicized issue. Seems like this would be an effort we could all get behind.

because political factions have sought to take advantage of it. Led to an abuse of he told power. In this country there is no issue which politicalLly active organizations and individuals will not try to exploit. Government officials, including fauci have r helped by changing their minds so often on this matter, including politically motivated statements from these officials. That’s why people are divided and done with all this garbage

I've said it many times, and I will say it again: the mRNA-1273 vaccine by Emory, the NIH, and CDC is going extremely well. One of my primary doctors said "we are seeing 100% success with the production of antibodies thanks to the vaccine." The quotes are there for a reason; I still remember her saying those exact words. It was a huge relief to know our country will eventually defeat this. I have also heard they are already actively preparing for mass production of this particular vaccine.

Please try your best to limit the negativity on this thread. Whether you like Fauci, masks, democrats or republicans, this thread was simply meant to provide a quick update.

PFE to begin phase 3 trial in July, hoping for FDA approval by OCT. CEO, Dr Bourla, says they can make hundreds of millions doses in 2020 & billions next year if no issues

Reactions: Blocker57
Is it typical in a scientific study of this nature for the kind of information your doctor has shared with you to be spread to the subjects in said study? I’m not saying it’s not but rather just that I didn’t know that’s how these things worked. I also didn’t know it was possible for any such study to have a 100% success rate on the first go around. That seems like great news. I look forward to seeing the published results once they are peer reviewed. It sounds like this would be the first thing of this entire crisis that isn’t a complete cluster fock. I hope it isn’t too good to be true.

I am not sure success is being measured the way you think. They are looking at antibody production after the vaccine is introduced, but that does confirm immunity. It could mean quicker response to the real virus, lessened symptoms, shorter infectious time, etc. Or it could mean nothing although I doubt that. The release of results is because this is not a blinded study it is more of a surveillance where something is administered and response for each person is yes/no rather than percentage response.

I hope he means the latter. Doesn't make sense to push a very effective vaccine then act like it's not effective.
Well they are not going to make people take a vaccine. So take the non mask wearers add in a dash of skepticism of the safety of a vaccine developed in 9 months and bam you have 30 or 40% of the population who won't get innoculated. I am a mask wearer and I am a little concerned about the potential long term effects of something produced 3 or 4 years faster than any vaccine in history. I will still probably get it but not without a few reservations.

The only good thing about the recent resurgence is it will allow for effective testing of the vaccine; that was a serious concern before because of the danger that it would die out before those participating in the trial, such as yourself, could get exposed to it. That seems to be less of a concern now.

Reactions: Argondawg
Just read..... again why I am an independent as I think both far right and far left politics are crazy. We probably can find crazy things/ideas like this on the far right too. My point is I wouldn’t lump all Republicans together because of some radical far right thinking either which the poster did. There are a lot of Democrats against abortion and want to carry guns just like there are republicans that don’t align with all things considered republican. I truly believe “most” people fall closer to the middle on most things and I hate seeing everyone so divided and unable to see facts/data and ideas to discuss and come together.

Last edited:
Just read..... again why I am an independent as I think both far right and far left politics are crazy. We probably can find crazy things/ideas like this on the far right too. My point is I wouldn’t lump all Republicans together because of some radical far right thinking. I truly believe “most” people fall closer to the middle on most things and I hate seeing everyone so divided and unable to see facts/data and ideas to discuss and come together.
There are tribal denizens of all political stripes that are comfortable with suffering as long as the other tribe can be blamed and so long as they aren’t snared in the net. It isn’t new to this Administration and it has been accelerating with the influence of social media which highlights transgressions—some real, many perceived, and a few utterly fabricated—and ensures they remain top of mind.

Reactions: CalienteDawg
Remdesivir studies haven’t been a complete cluster fock. Several large multi-institute randomized placebo controlled studies. Same for plasma exchange studies. Now a large hydroxychloroquine study shows harm in hospitalized patients. The complete cluster has been the refusal to listen to medical experts, and the politicization of what should unite us.

Interesting thread and I love fresh info and different points of view. I am certainly concerned, but can we keep these COVID and weather posts for The Dawgchat? I bet those folks would love to see it ;)

I personally question the validity of a "vaccine" for a virus. I'm far from any kind of expert here, but isn't the very nature of a virus to adapt and mutate. I mean it supposedly mutated from a virus that only affected animals to inflict this damage onto humans. I mean the "so called flu vaccine" is always based on last year's flu and marginally successful at best.
Can you tell me anything that can quell my fears?

Reactions: Blocker57
I personally question the validity of a "vaccine" for a virus. I'm far from any kind of expert here, but isn't the very nature of a virus to adapt and mutate. I mean it supposedly mutated from a virus that only affected animals to inflict this damage onto humans. I mean the "so called flu vaccine" is always based on last year's flu and marginally successful at best.
I believe your valid concerns are valid. Only thing I can say is the leading experts continue to state that if we get the vaccine, it will shut the door on the pandemic.

The only good thing about the recent resurgence is it will allow for effective testing of the vaccine; that was a serious concern before because of the danger that it would die out before those participating in the trial, such as yourself, could get exposed to it. That seems to be less of a concern now.

absolutely spot on. Sets up good for stage 2 and 3 for some vaccine candidates in ideal conditions

O48WZKv.jpg

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-35331/v1

There is tons of vaccines for known viruses

wondering the same. seems odd. disclaimer likely has details

us govt sent out $6 billion to companies to get this vaccine done, and it appears Moderna is tied in to this particular grouping with $486 million from us govt

shoulda got stock in moderna in march or april. 52 week high of 80+ and 52 week low of 11+. looks like they may have been in the 20s in late march.
Bought it 25 - got happy and sold it at 35 :) Little quick on the trigger.

Just read..... again why I am an independent as I think both far right and far left politics are crazy. We probably can find crazy things/ideas like this on the far right too. My point is I wouldn’t lump all Republicans together because of some radical far right thinking either which the poster did. There are a lot of Democrats against abortion and want to carry guns just like there are republicans that don’t align with all things considered republican. I truly believe “most” people fall closer to the middle on most things and I hate seeing everyone so divided and unable to see facts/data and ideas to discuss and come together.

Best take on the deal, for sure. Couldn't have expressed it better, myself. Post Of The Day, IMO.

From the CDC, as of yesterday:

.80 of 1% of the population of the U.S. have contracted Covid 19
.04 of 1% of the population have died from it.
.98 to .99 of those infected have recovered.

Seriously, way too many. Don't attempt to minimize it.

Were you concerned about the protests?

CDC says the infection rate is actually 10x than the number they’re throwing around. This means the numbers are already out there. Increasing testing will illuminate those infections. Most kids don’t even know they have it. The players reporting to campus are required to be tested. This is political BS and everyone knows it.

They had a huge gay pride gathering today in Chicago.

The major hospital in Houston, TX put out an unprecedented statement to refute published reports that were stoking fear. They said their ICU is at normal capacity, and that it was NOT near full capacity due to COVID.

This is infuriating. Total BS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT