ADVERTISEMENT

Biden just stepped aside

Trump has built his entire campaign to date around the idea that Biden was too old to run. Well, now that Biden has dropped out, which many people predicted would happen this weekend, the campaign seems to have been caught completely flat footed. How is that even possible?

Ummm will, we know that is the talking point provided to you, but having ads already out isn’t quiet flat footed.

Do you not even check your spin any more or are you so far down the hole you don’t even mind spreading obvious “disinformation”. Lol. Keep trying will It’s amusing. 😂

Ummm will, we know that is the talking point provided to you, but having ads already out isn’t quiet flat footed.

Do you not even check your spin any more or are you so far down the hole you don’t even mind spreading obvious “disinformation”. Lol. Keep trying will It’s amusing. 😂

Pretty quick for sure.

Trump has built his entire campaign to date around the idea that Biden was too old to run. Well, now that Biden has dropped out, which many people predicted would happen this weekend, the campaign seems to have been caught completely flat footed. How is that even possible?

The border is what the campaign was built around. Biden leaving didn’t change that.

I saw a Trump campaign ad attacking Kamala yesterday so I won’t even dignify that obvious lie by copying it.. it was on minutes after Biden quit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cherrydawg
The saltiness in this thread is humorous to see.

Biden’s public interview for the next four years was an abject failure, so the Dems are doing the rational and responsible thing and pivoting. Although, now that I think about it, I can see why doing the rational, responsible thing would seem so foreign to the GOP.

Now there’s only one guy in the race too old to be the next president. Good times.
yeah don’t worrry about the electorate or primary process

It’s kinda funny to hear all the folks who have downplayed Jan. 6 for the past three years talk about how undemocratic the Dems are being over Joe stepping aside.

Maybe if the delegates had rioted at the Dem convention and tried to kidnap Joe, the Trumpers on here could relate.
jan 6 th was a non event

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
By far the best recovery from Covid of any of our per group economies.

Producing more energy than any country in history and by far the worlds largest exporter of oil and gas.

Finally addressing our crumbling infrastructure.

Support for Ukraine, which is realize is a strike against for all the Putin lovers in the GOP.

Yes, inflation sucks here but it is worse in much of the rest of the world.

I wonder how many of the people who are constantly whining about how shitty everything is are driving $70k tricked out pickups.
covid nothing to do with biden

energy nothing to do with biden

support of ukraine zero importance to american interes

not important to americans about higher inflation i the rest of the world. america first

70k pickups have zero to do with anything .

not important to americans about higher inflation i the rest of the world. america first

He’s run out of arguments. I feel another J6 post coming on.

This whole situation is just odd. Biden announces resignation on X and still hasn’t held a presser or even just an official public address to the nation. His resignation isn’t even on official letterhead and the signature on that letter is digital. Meanwhile the former President and Republican nominee just survived an assassination attempt and nothing has happened to anyone in leadership since, AND it appears most of the media has just moved on from it. We are on the brink of losing this country.

Sounds like the "Squad" agrees with you:
“If you think there is a consensus among the people who want Joe Biden to leave, that they would support Vice President Harris, you would be mistaken,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “I’m in these rooms, I see what they say in conversations. A lot of them are not interested in removing the president. They’re interested in removing the whole ticket.”
Pelosi came down hard. Said “we can do it the easy way or the hard way”. And “we’ve done it the easy way for 3 weeks”. She told him to get out or she was going public with internal polling that showed he had no way to win. Report went on to say Biden was so hesitant because he didn’t think Kamala could win.

So we should be ok with subverting democracy as long as it’s for the good of democracy. Am I doing this right?
You can't stop a person from not running that says they don't want to run.
You can't make people give money that don't want to give money.
You can't make people say they support someone they don't really support.

What would you like democracy to be?

Reactions: celticdawg

The economic recover after the global crash caused by Covid has nothing to do with Biden?

Energy policy has nothing to do with Biden?

If you believe that, then you believe the president has little impact anything of importance, or are we in another version of the “deficits don’t matter when the GOP is in power” logical fallacy?

And you don’t care about Russian aggression. That doesn’t mean the rest of the country is completely ignorant of the history of aggressive authoritarians in Europe and how that has worked out in the past.

The isolationists in the US thought two oceans would protect us from global conflict before WW2, and they were wrong then just as you are wrong now. The world is smaller and more connected than it’s ever been.

Trump wants to force the equivalent of what Chamberlain allowed with Hitler and Czechoslovakia. It didn’t work then and won’t work now.

The reason the western world has enjoyed such economic prosperity since WW2 is because our strength has prevented another global conflict. Republicans used to be the standard bearers of this concept, but Trump and the MAGA GOP like Putin and the other prominent global authoritarians more then they like our own president.

Well, be prepared to have to defend that position from now until November and we will see what the voters decide.

You can't stop a person from not running that says they don't want to run.
You can't make people give money that don't want to give money.
You can't make people say they support someone they don't really support.

What would you like democracy to be?
K so you believe this was all just a revelation over the weekend? I’m sorry I didn’t know you were that naive

Carry on

K so you believe this was all just a revelation over the weekend? I’m sorry I didn’t know you were that naive

Carry on
No. I don't.

Again,

Do you think donors should give their money to Biden if they don't want to?

Do you think Democrats who don't believe Biden has a path to victory should still tell him and act like he has a path to victory?

Do you think Democrats who truly believe that Trump is a threat to Democracy should be forced to act as if he is not?

Do you think that Biden, once hearing from many of his friends and colleagues that he has little chance of winning, should be forced to run if he agrees not to?

Logically, anyone with common sense knows that the Republicans would not be worried about our "democracy" if they felt Harris would be a weaker candidate than Biden. But carry on with the bs. That's also your right in a democracy.

So we should be ok with subverting democracy as long as it’s for the good of democracy. Am I doing this right?
All of this clamoring about democracy from supporters of Trump is really something. The dog just caught the car and now has no idea what to do with it. All that rhetoric about age being the driver of the election just got redirected toward Trump.

The GOP has been saying that Biden is too old to serve another term. After the disaster of a debate, enough Dems agreed that Biden needed to step aside that he was forced out. The nominee will be chosen at the convention, which is the purpose of a convention.

If enough people are upset with the process or don’t believe Harris should serve as president, she will lose the election, just as Trump lost the last election after people decided we had had enough of him. Despite Trump’s best effort, democracy won and either way it will win again in November.

No. I don't.

Again,

Do you think Democrats who don't believe Biden has a path to victory should still tell him and act like he has a path to victory?

Do you think Democrats who truly believe that Trump is a threat to Democracy should be forced to act as if he is not?

Do you think that Biden, once hearing from many of his friends and colleagues that he has little chance of winning, should be forced to run if he agrees not to?

Logically, anyone with common sense knows that the Republicans would not be worried about our "democracy" if they felt Harris would be a weaker candidate than Biden. But carry on with the bs. That's also your right in a democracy.

He’s who you voted for in the primaries….. if you wanted someone different they could have had a legitimate primary , this isn’t hard.

Again, Not. A. Single. Thing. Has. Changed. With. Bidens. Competency.

Reactions: ugafish
Trump and his team made a big gaffe by agreeing to debate Biden before the conventions. If they truly felt he would get exposed, they should have waited until it was too late to do anything about it.

• Haha
Reactions: MUSMDawgs
No. I don't.

Again,

You can definitely question the method. The elite ruling wing of the Democratic Party threatening Joe if he doesn’t step aside. He would not have stepped down without the threats. Clearly against the wishes of those that voted for him.

This whole situation is just odd. Biden announces resignation on X and still hasn’t held a presser or even just an official public address to the nation. His resignation isn’t even on official letterhead and the signature on that letter is digital. Meanwhile the former President and Republican nominee just survived an assassination attempt and nothing has happened to anyone in leadership since, AND it appears most of the media has just moved on from it. We are on the brink of losing this country.
He does have Covid FWIW.

Reactions: celticdawg
Trump and his team made a big gaffe by agreeing to debate Biden before the conventions. If they truly felt he would get exposed, they should have waited until it was too late to do anything about it.

He would’ve stepped down either way man. This just made it easier for him to do so.

You can definitely question the method. The elite ruling wing of the Democratic Party threatening Joe if he doesn’t step aside. He would not have stepped down without the threats. Clearly against the wishes of those that voted for him.
What was the threat? We're not gonna give you money. That's their right. The grassroots has every right to step up and say we'll fund your run.
Bottom line: Joe could tell them all to go suck eggs if he wanted. In the end, he didn't do that.

But why should you all care? Easy win, right? Maybe even easier now. Right?

Reactions: nice marmot
He would’ve stepped down either way man. This just made it easier for him to do so.
Wrong. He would have already been nominated at that point. Would've been much harder to make a move then.

What was the threat? We're not gonna give you money. That's their right. The grassroots has every right to step up and say we'll fund your run.
Bottom line: Joe could tell them all to go suck eggs if he wanted. In the end, he didn't do that.

But why should you all care? Easy win, right? Maybe even easier now. Right?
The people now expressing concern about democracy support a candidate who tried to disenfranchise the 81m people who voted for Biden in 2020. You couldn’t ask for more telling evidence of what MAGA is all about.

The people now expressing concern about democracy support a candidate who tried to disenfranchise the 81m people who voted for Biden in 2020. You couldn’t ask for more telling evidence of what MAGA is all about.
Wonder how many people voted for Joe in the primaries this election. Whoops

Wonder how many people voted for Joe in the primaries this election. Whoops
And if he continued to run, he would be the nominee. He is not running.

I don't think you get this one.

200w.gif

Are you missing him yet?

And if he continued to run, he would be the nominee. He is not running.

I don't think you get this one.

200w.gif

Are you missing him yet?

He’s been gone for 3 years so I’ve had time to grieve

I agree, but it's pointless to argue that. They believe that Republican FBI men and Republican appointed Fed judges were all in on the fix. They also believe there was a huge coordinated effort of mules, voting machines and people filling out ballots for dead people and not one person left that coordinated effort to speak out. It's a faith. You might as well be trying to convert them from Judaism to Mormonism.

He’s been gone for 3 years so I’ve had time to grieve
And there ya go. He was a threat to our security, but you don't want him removed from the ticket. Like I said, logic fails. You're not doing a good job of covering yourself here.

• Haha
And there ya go. He was a threat to our security, but you don't want him removed from the ticket. Like I said, logic fails. You're not doing a good job of covering yourself here.
Good grief man. I wanted him removed a long time ago. BEFORE THE PRIMARIES. I’m not sure how I can be more clear

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT