ADVERTISEMENT

Communism ain't so bad...

Damn, just damn. And since Stalin was our ally, history has been much kinder to him than than if he had been on the side of our enemy. I expect that when the Man Upstairs lists the cruel killers of the 20th Century, there are none more evil than Josef Stalin.
Indeed he was evil. He and Mao set the high water mark for mass murder. Hitler was evil too but he didn't approach the damage of those two.

Time heals all atrocities?

History is a battleground, perennially fought over, endlessly contested. Nowhere does this aphorism hold true more than in Russia. A majority of Russians recently voted Joseph Stalin the “most outstanding person” in world history (followed, naturally, by current President Vladimir Putin). No longer the monster of the gulags and purges that killed millions, Stalin now looms in the national consciousness as the giant who defeated the Nazis in World War II.

Time heals all atrocities?

History is a battleground, perennially fought over, endlessly contested. Nowhere does this aphorism hold true more than in Russia. A majority of Russians recently voted Joseph Stalin the “most outstanding person” in world history (followed, naturally, by current President Vladimir Putin). No longer the monster of the gulags and purges that killed millions, Stalin now looms in the national consciousness as the giant who defeated the Nazis in World War II.

You are exactly right. But that propaganda works only on the ignorant. The Russians I know in my town think Stalin was a monster. And they moved away from Putin's Russia just as fast as they could, and became US citizens. They have told me amazing stories about what their schools taught about him when they were young. Im talking about people in their 30s & 40s. Stalin was brilliant, and noble and wonderful. They had to learn all kinds of details about his childhood, and how he overcame adversity to be the greatest leader in history. They were taught this as late as the 1990s.

But my Russian and Ukraine friends knew all the teaching was lies because Stalin killed many of their own grandfathers and uncles, etc. The families know. The current generation dont even know who he was. Back in the day, the New York Times praised Stalin and Lenin, and covered up the Holomodor (purposeful starvation of millions by the government) and the atrocities of the Bolshevik revolution, even though their reporters were right there, up close and personal. New York Times has always been an agent of evil. They lie like their father, the devil.

I will say this. It is good to be back on a message board where you can write about whatever the flyfock you want to without getting a laystall.
It's nice to have you. All boards are flawed including this one. Topic view sucks, but you get used to it. Arguing with the libtards can be briefly entertaining, and the mods let you personally attack the libtards, which can give you some measure of joy.

Last edited:
I once loved a girl from East Berlin. She had a jagged scar on her stomach, probably from some communist operation gone wrong, but I loved her. Sometimes, I sit and wonder who made love to her the night that wall came down.......I was in Panama at the time of the wall coming down, making time with a mixed breed Chinese / Panamanian girl.
FT_19.10.10_EastWestGermany_feature.jpg
ff4d04b3915799fe9444bf7391a37a3a.png

Y’all just mad y’all would have to rub my feet and make my bed . Iron my shirts and stand in line while I move to the front .

y’all been screaming this non sense since Obama .

Y’all just mad y’all would have to rub my feet and make my bed . Iron my shirts and stand in line while I move to the front .

y’all been screaming this non sense since Obama .

I feel like you would be a very efficient guard, OCD. A stickler for rules. A tough disciplinarian, but always fair. That's the most I could hope for in the gulag, after all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT