ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia TA: 'Some white people may have to die...'

Spe77

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2017
Tallahassee
A University of Georgia (UGA) teaching assistant wrote Wednesday on Facebook that “some white people may have to die for black communities to be made whole in this struggle to advance to freedom." He added that to suggest otherwise is “ahistorical and dangerously naive.”

UGA philosophy TA Irami Osei-Frimpongmade the comment during a conversation on the Overheard at UGA Facebook page. The comment has since been deleted. Osei-Frimpong claimed in May 2017 that Facebook suspended him for quoting from an article which detailed how Texas A&M professor Tommy Curry had said “in order to be equal, in order to be liberated, some white people may have to die.”

“Killing some white people isn’t genocide; it’s killing some white people,” the UGA TA explained in a Medium post. “We had to kill some white people to get out of slavery. Maybe if we’d killed more during the 20th century we still wouldn’t talk about racialized voter disenfranchisement and housing, education, and employment discrimination. This should not be controversial.”

Osei-Frimpong’s Wednesday comment, seemingly inspired by Curry, is far from the first racially-charged remark made by the scholar.

“Fighting white people is a skill,” the UGA TA tweeted on Jan. 12, adding that it is why he supports integrated schools. “You have to get used to fighting White people. It takes practice.”

He then quoted American clinical psychologist Bobby Wright, saying, “Blacks kill Blacks because they have never been trained to kill Whites.”

Last semester, at a Young Democrats meeting, Frimpong compared Southern whites in America to “sociopaths” and “autistic kids.” Later on, in November, he called for Democrats to “wage war on the white electorate” and wrote that white “institutions” that “make crappy white people” such as churches, schools, and families must be “dismantled.” Facebook subsequently gave Osei-Frimpong a temporary suspension.

A University of Georgia (UGA) teaching assistant wrote Wednesday on Facebook that “some white people may have to die for black communities to be made whole in this struggle to advance to freedom." He added that to suggest otherwise is “ahistorical and dangerously naive.”

UGA philosophy TA Irami Osei-Frimpongmade the comment during a conversation on the Overheard at UGA Facebook page. The comment has since been deleted. Osei-Frimpong claimed in May 2017 that Facebook suspended him for quoting from an article which detailed how Texas A&M professor Tommy Curry had said “in order to be equal, in order to be liberated, some white people may have to die.”

“Killing some white people isn’t genocide; it’s killing some white people,” the UGA TA explained in a Medium post. “We had to kill some white people to get out of slavery. Maybe if we’d killed more during the 20th century we still wouldn’t talk about racialized voter disenfranchisement and housing, education, and employment discrimination. This should not be controversial.”

Osei-Frimpong’s Wednesday comment, seemingly inspired by Curry, is far from the first racially-charged remark made by the scholar.

“Fighting white people is a skill,” the UGA TA tweeted on Jan. 12, adding that it is why he supports integrated schools. “You have to get used to fighting White people. It takes practice.”

He then quoted American clinical psychologist Bobby Wright, saying, “Blacks kill Blacks because they have never been trained to kill Whites.”

Last semester, at a Young Democrats meeting, Frimpong compared Southern whites in America to “sociopaths” and “autistic kids.” Later on, in November, he called for Democrats to “wage war on the white electorate” and wrote that white “institutions” that “make crappy white people” such as churches, schools, and families must be “dismantled.” Facebook subsequently gave Osei-Frimpong a temporary suspension.
Typical liberal garbage. And they wonder why folks like me despise what they are.

These are the very individuals who are perpetuating racism. What possible good can come from these statements. It divides the races even further. I rarely believe that ignoring a problem will improve said problem. But in this case, the more we talk about racism the larger the chasm. We are moving backward, not forward.
This man should be relieved of his teaching duties. He is an embarrassment to the University. Not because he has a differing opinion, but because he cannot articulate his thoughts without violence.
JC

Tell Obi Wan Pingpong Casa Duck is ready when he is. Come hone your skill on some redneck duck.

I posted before that my daughter just got thru the education program. It is disgraceful some of the things taught there. She had some great professors along the way, but the curriculum is so slanted and dangerous. This coming from a uga ta isn’t surprising in the least. Other than I am only surprised it isn’t worse.

Just another Social Science nut job. These idiots toss around any and all crackpot theories that may be rolling around inside their diseased brains on any particular day and expect to be taken seriously. The sad part is that so many of their students actually buy into this nonsense....

You don't see this so much within areas of math and science, because these disciplines are more absolute and subject to proofing and testing for accuracy.

Just another Social Science nut job. These idiots toss around any and all crackpot theories that may be rolling around inside their diseased brains on any particular day and expect to be taken seriously. The sad part is that so many of their students actually buy into this nonsense....

You don't see this so much within areas of math and science, because these disciplines are more absolute and subject to proofing and testing for accuracy.
The American Covid experience makes me wonder a little about the Sciences going forward. Seems to have become really mixed with politics to get that govt grant money. I guess Math is still Math. I wish I had worked to become better at understanding both of those important skills when I was a student.

Now don’t get me wrong. I worked older cash registers when I was young and could make change like a champ and I could balance the heck out of a shift’s receipts. I took care of the owner’s money. My basics were great. I just didn’t apply myself in advanced calculus, geometry, trig etc ..: I did fine in my Science classes I took but I never studied anything more advanced than UGA Biology 101 and 102 and Geography and Geology 101 (Rocks for Jocks at that time - LOL).

“Fighting white people is a skill,” the UGA TA tweeted on Jan. 12, adding that it is why he supports integrated schools. “You have to get used to fighting White people. It takes practice.”le C

Nope. There is NO CRT being taught in our schools. Nada! (tongue-in-cheek firmly planted - and/or libs choose to continue, intentionally remain blindfolded - and keep putting people in office that support this crap).

The American Covid experience makes me wonder a little about the Sciences going forward. Seems to have become really mixed with politics to get that govt grant money. I guess Math is still Math. I wish I had worked to become better at understanding both of those important skills when I was a student.

Now don’t get me wrong. I worked older cash registers when I was young and could make change like a champ and I could balance the heck out of a shift’s receipts. I took care of the owner’s money. My basics were great. I just didn’t apply myself in advanced calculus, geometry, trig etc ..: I did fine in my Science classes I took but I never studied anything more advanced than UGA Biology 101 and 102 and Geography and Geology 101 (Rocks for Jocks at that time - LOL).

Back in the 70s when I was a teenager, I worked a part time job on weekends for about 6 weeks or so during the Christmas season at a men's clothing store. My oldest brother worked there and I needed to get my feet wet and find out what life was like in the working world , so off to work I go.

I was only 15, so it was good experience for me. The store had one of those old fashioned cash registers that you mentioned and for some reason it intimidated me. Not sure why, but it just did.

My first weekend at work was uneventful. I came back the next weekend, and learned that a handful of customers came back in during the week complaining I had given them the wrong amount of change. Wow, how embarrassing that was... I'm 15 years old and apparently I can't do basic math?

My older brother laughed at me and told me not to worry. It happens and the lesson I could learn at that particular moment is the importance of knowing how to "think on my feet" as needed. That was one of the most important lessons of my early days and I'll never forget it. And I've never forgotten that cash register either haha

Anyone else shocked this TA was educated @ Cal Berkeley? What a disgrace that school is

To me, this guy is no worse or better than the idiots that beat the civil war drum. I wish both sides would “cancel” each other out, and let the rational people left sort out the problems.

Also, the students understand this is stuff said for shock value. I promise you no one is getting indoctrinated by this crazy, stupid, un American, dangerous, and damaging hyperbole. One difference to me though is I’m not sure how serious he is, or how serious he’s being taken in the classroom , where on the other hand, the guy who sits around deer camp talking about his civil war fantasies, he’s fairly serious. Both sides are dead wrong.

Why is this man employed by any one saying this incredibly divisive stuff? I bet the majority of people there rolled their eyes when that idiot said what he said. I’d love to hear from a student that was there how that message was received. I promise you he thinks talking like that is going to get him laid, lol, what a complete loser. And if he meant what he said, he can go to hell for all i care.

To me, this guy is no worse or better than the idiots that beat the civil war drum. I wish both sides would “cancel” each other out, and let the rational people left sort out the problems.

Also, the students understand this is stuff said for shock value. I promise you no one is getting indoctrinated by this crazy, stupid, un American, dangerous, and damaging hyperbole. One difference to me though is I’m not sure how serious he is, or how serious he’s being taken in the classroom , where on the other hand, the guy who sits around deer camp talking about his civil war fantasies, he’s fairly serious. Both sides are dead wrong.

Why is this man employed by any one saying this incredibly divisive stuff? I bet the majority of people there rolled their eyes when that idiot said what he said. I’d love to hear from a student that was there how that message was received. I promise you he thinks talking like that is going to get him laid, lol, what a complete loser. And if he meant what he said, he can go to hell for all i care.
probably out of touch….but what are some beating the “civil war drum” about?

For a more recent article on the subject:

When a black professor tweeted that he wants white people to die and supports “fighting white people,” concerned individuals notified his university. However, instead of firing or even punishing him, the campus administration insists that he did nothing wrong.​

For Irami Osei-Frimpong, every discrepancy within minority communities can be reduced to racial inequality, namely the oppression of white people. Additionally, he has been afforded a gratifying platform to spew this racial propaganda and spread the idea of victim superiority at the University of Georgia, convincing young people that a certain race of people is inherently racist and, therefore, evil.

The UGA teaching assistant, who has compared himself to historical black activists fighting for civil rights and his perceived oppression to that of those living under Jim Crowe legislation, has relentlessly preached that whites are the enemies of non-whites and thusly the cause of the majority of their communities’ problems. However, he has since escalated the demagoguery from his pulpit, advocating that “some white people may have to die for black communities to be made whole in this struggle to advance to freedom.”…

Instead of reprimanding Osei-Frimpong or even denouncing his racist rhetoric and distancing the university’s name from the promotion of white genocide, UGA administrators defended his call for the death of white people. According to Campus Reform, United Campus Workers of Georgia penned a letter endorsed by 9 UGA faculty members, which included professors, teaching assistants, and administrators. They then presented the letter directly to UGA President Jere Morehead…

Reactions: Dawgdocindosta

Why is he on the faculty? HE is advocating violence and racism, hatred. Get him outta here!!!!

This is happening everywhere in universities across the country. The things my son tells me that professors say in class are shocking - and many, many students agree with the professors and their views. It's gone so far that my son actually feels silenced and doesn't feel he can speak up in class. It's interesting - the very efforts to create equality across the board are actually doing to him what the system is trying to prevent being done to others.

This is happening everywhere in universities across the country. The things my son tells me that professors say in class are shocking - and many, many students agree with the professors and their views. It's gone so far that my son actually feels silenced and doesn't feel he can speak up in class. It's interesting - the very efforts to create equality across the board are actually doing to him what the system is trying to prevent being done to others.
I feel bad for your son and other students who have to sit through this drivel. Unfortunately, many students agree with these poisonous views as you point out. Just watch the classmates response to a student who challenges this insane professor.

I feel bad for your son and other students who have to sit through this drivel. Unfortunately, many students agree with these poisonous views as you point out. Just watch the classmates response to a student who challenges this insane professor.

Here's the problem. Even though this is a 3 year old problem, it's still the same one going on at colleges everywhere.

This quack decides your grade.

Your grade has a lot to do with your future. Medical school, law school, grad school of any flavor.

Do I risk tanking my GPA because this guy and his ass-kissing minions care more about their grade than their morals? Juice isn't worth the squeeze, unfortunately. University has essentially no power to remove this guy, so what am I gonna achieve here?

As someone who was in college in Athens not too long ago, there's an inordinate amount of pressure just to keep your mouth shut and nod your head. After you do that for so long, if you don't have a lot of resolve, you find yourself falling into thinking that way.

Reactions: FivePtsDawg
Why is he on the faculty? HE is advocating violence and racism, hatred. Get him outta here!!!!
Even though this news is 3 years old, the fact he remains on the faculty is another example of the double standards that exist in this country.

I made the decision years ago to never donate again to the academic side of UGA and remain only a donor of UGA Athletics which thankfully is a separate entity not using state funds.

Even though this news is 3 years old, the fact he remains on the faculty is another example of the double standards that exist in this country.

I made the decision years ago to never donate again to the academic side of UGA and remain only a donor of UGA Athletics which thankfully is a separate entity not using state funds.
Wasn’t this a new or recent comment of his?

That's one of those things he's not supposed to say out loud.

You’ll actually have to kill a couple of angry German Sheep herders first; but, ya know, knock yourself out…
Hey soggy, I don’t understand what you are saying here. I’m reacting to this evil, deranged teacher saying white people may have to die, blah blah blah by saying to him come and try to kill me and it won’t go well for him. Why do I need your address, for an invitation to the event? And why do you have Germans watching sheep in your front yard? I’m so confused.

Hey soggy, I don’t understand what you are saying here. I’m reacting to this evil, deranged teacher saying white people may have to die, blah blah blah by saying to him come and try to kill me and it won’t go well for him. Why do I need your address, for an invitation to the event? And why do you have Germans watching sheep in your front yard? I’m so confused.
We’re on the same team brother. “Want my address?” was intended for the folks that want to come kill some white people (which I know is not you). Sorry - ya know, grammar and stuff lol

Back in the 70s when I was a teenager, I worked a part time job on weekends for about 6 weeks or so during the Christmas season at a men's clothing store. My oldest brother worked there and I needed to get my feet wet and find out what life was like in the working world , so off to work I go.

I was only 15, so it was good experience for me. The store had one of those old fashioned cash registers that you mentioned and for some reason it intimidated me. Not sure why, but it just did.

My first weekend at work was uneventful. I came back the next weekend, and learned that a handful of customers came back in during the week complaining I had given them the wrong amount of change. Wow, how embarrassing that was... I'm 15 years old and apparently I can't do basic math?

My older brother laughed at me and told me not to worry. It happens and the lesson I could learn at that particular moment is the importance of knowing how to "think on my feet" as needed. That was one of the most important lessons of my early days and I'll never forget it. And I've never forgotten that cash register either haha
These kids today can’t make change out of the new ones and today’s cash registers absolutely do it all for them. Say your bill is $7.17 and you give them a twenty and a quarter. Sometimes they will lose their minds. I always make them give me my change back even if they get the dollar -amount right if I see them freeze for even a second. I don’t really even want the 8 cents but they need the teaching.

Sign at Chocolate store Duluth “ No Cash”, I no longer shop there also both my children no longer shop there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT