ADVERTISEMENT

Harvesting votes is a profitable business.

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
Manipulative, unmanageable, and profitable.

The act of voting is a personal decision and should be done personsonally. A citizen votes conscience, wants and needs.

In a normal world, a citizen votes when they feel the need to vote or understand what they are voting for.

A worst, the harvester votes for a paycheck and political power, and does not care what the citizen wants, only what his employer wants. The ultimate goal to win the power regardless. Using votes of many who don’t care, and haven’t a clue what the vote does. The harvester, in many cases, gets to vote a multiple of times.

This is undeniable if harvesting is allowed.

NOTE: I used “his” as a chosen pronoun to describe a vote harvester.

So I should refuse my grandmothers friend when I pick up grandma's absentee ballot at the nursing home?

So I should refuse my grandmothers friend when I pick up grandma's absentee ballot at the nursing home?
Currently legal third party organizations harvesting votes should be illegal. Gee, what could possibly go wrong? Going into assisted living homes allowing third party political groups to control what gets handed in is where the problem is.

Convincing people to vote with no educational knowledge of what they are voting for except what a third party harvesting group promotes is a problem.

A person that has no reason to vote should not vote. Enticements to vote should be illegal.

Proper ID and confirmation of my vote is paramount. It should be a personal effort and decision.

You picking up a ballot from your grandmothers friend is sweet courtesy. You are not controlling the process, or manipulating her.

What could possibly go wrong when paid individuals are encouraged to find votes for who is paying them?

There is no way to manage that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT