ADVERTISEMENT

If you’re scared to get vaccinated

Yeah, I don't think this is best approach toward people not wanting the vaccine. I too was very cautious and am still somewhat nervous but chose to take the vaccine as I think it's our only way back to normalcy. Can't bash anyone for not wanting to take a drug that is not time tested.

Maybe you should just hide out in your basement
No, the time for the basement strategy was a year ago, when the elderly and sick should have been told to go into hiding. Meanwhile, the healthy and young could have kept the economy going instead of killing it. And kids could have kept going to school too.

After the second shot, I found myself in ICU for 3 days! I had never had any reaction to any shot or medication in my entire life. Scary stuff.

My issue is, if you get the vaccine you can still get and pass on Covid, you still are asked to wear a mask and you still have to social distance so, why get the vaccine? I still say heard immunity. Also, and this is funny, I asked a nurse neighbor of mine why there has been hardly any flu deaths compared to past years and she said, Oh it's because we have been sanitizing more often and washing our hands. So I say, for all of these decades people have been dying by the hundreds of thousands every year and all we had to do to prevent it was wash and sanitize more? She stood there deer in headlights. Bless her though she is a sweet lady.

My issue is, if you get the vaccine you can still get and pass on Covid, you still are asked to wear a mask and you still have to social distance so, why get the vaccine? I still say heard immunity. Also, and this is funny, I asked a nurse neighbor of mine why there has been hardly any flu deaths compared to past years and she said, Oh it's because we have been sanitizing more often and washing our hands. So I say, for all of these decades people have been dying by the hundreds of thousands every year and all we had to do to prevent it was wash and sanitize more? She stood there deer in headlights. Bless her though she is a sweet lady.

The latest pfizer study shows 97 percent efficacy against asymptomatic cases. The problem with your line of thinking is that when more and more people get the vaccine it will reduce the amount of exposure to the virus for everyone. This should increase the effectiveness of vaccines exponentially.

If the vaccines are truly helping prevent asymptomatic cases as the studies shows then this thing will be kicked by vaccines in no time.

I read about viral domination a few months ago. Something like a dominant virus can pretty much suppress a less dominant waaaaay down.

I do not believe masks are much help against Covid BUT I don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities that increasing hygiene, wearing masks and improving sanitation methods within our lifetstyle could really knock down flu cases. Especially if the flu is less contagious than Covid.

Last edited:

To me, I believe that the flu numbers are down because of all the precautions we took for COVID (distancing, masks, isolation and etc).

But I also think the COVID deaths are/were inflated. IE, get hit by a car and “get died”.....but happen to have COVID, it counts as a COVID death in a lot of cases.

Make no mistake though, it’s for real.

To me, I believe that the flu numbers are down because of all the precautions we took for COVID (distancing, masks, isolation and etc).

But I also think the COVID deaths are/were inflated. IE, get hit by a car and “get died”.....but happen to have COVID, it counts as a COVID death in a lot of cases.

Understand. I'll respectfully decline the vaccine.

Agree.

I read about viral domination a few months ago. Something like a dominant virus can pretty much suppress a less dominant waaaaay down.

I do not believe masks are much help against Covid BUT I don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities that increasing hygiene, wearing masks and improving sanitation methods within our lifetstyle could really knock down flu cases. Especially if the flu is less contagious than Covid.

The precautions we have taken to prevent the spread of Covid are just OK at actually preventing the spread of Covid, but they are incredibly effective at preventing the spread of the seasonal flu & other viruses. There is zero flu in Georgia right now- and that's not even an exaggeration- and the same basically goes for the rest of the country. In case you haven't seen it with actual data attached, here are the flu reports for the most recent week in 2021, and the corresponding week last year. Historical data for past years also included in the reports. There literally hasn't been a single flu "outbreak" as they define it this entire flu season. There isn't a single person in Georgia currently hospitalized with the flu. There wasn't a single positive test for the flu reported during the most recent week. There have only been 2 flu-related deaths this year- both over the age of 50 in December- compared to 57 by the same time last year. The data is pretty staggering:

Week 7- 2021: https://dph.georgia.gov/document/flu-report/week-07-february-14-february-20-2021/download

Week 7- 2020: https://dph.georgia.gov/document/flu-report/week-07-february-9-2020-february-15-2020/download

Reactions: Captain_Dawg02

i took the second Pfizer shot, and spent Thursday on my back, and spent Thursday night and Friday morning in the emergency room. Hope to get my strength back tomorrow

I'm definitely not going to shame you for that but I'm hard pressed to believe that vaccines are not somewhat responsible for this major downtrend.

pretty sure no one said that, I certainly didn’t........but “shaming” me certainly doesn’t bother me, feel free.

But FWIW, you (or me) are only shamed if you choose to be.....there is a choice.

pretty sure no one said that, I certainly didn’t........but “shaming” me certainly doesn’t bother me, feel free.

But FWIW, you (or me) are only shamed if you choose to be.....there is a choice.

my bad.....glanced at it, thought the reply was to me.

Reactions: BigDawgs2010

Wasn't accusing anyone of saying that.

I felt blessed to be able to get my vaccine.
My Sister in law is still on a ventilator. This Sunday will be 3 weeks.

Which vaccine was it? Did first shot affect you at all?
Moderna. The first shot left me very fatigued with a headache and a very queasy stomach. I was that way for2 plus weeks before I started feeling better. After feeling better, I decided to take the second shot which turned out to be a bad decision on my part.

Moderna. The first shot left me very fatigued with a headache and a very queasy stomach. I was that way for2 plus weeks before I started feeling better. After feeling better, I decided to take the second shot which turned out to be a bad decision on my part.

Wow, glad you are ok.

I'm not scared, but want proof that A) those of us who got covid absolutely need to get the vaccine, B) That I need 2 shots because I've had it and studies are saying that one shot if you've had it is at least as good as two shots, but CDC won't confirm it because they are too political and almost as much of a joke now as WHO, and C) hate having to do it for a political agenda. I mean, China is now requiring all foreign people to take anal swabs to test, and if that isn't political, and equal to our current government, you are sadly left of center.

Tell that to my neighbor who died yesterday precipitated by Covid. His wife didn't;t wear a mask and neither did he unless at the doctor's office. He gone.

gotta be stronger - did he lift? I figure as long as I can get 225 up I am good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT