ADVERTISEMENT

It turns out that Trump is broke as a haint

And what I’m saying is that I own a real estate investment and development shop that does the same thing on a smaller scale. And there is zero story here. Other than Trump being a real estate owner.

What do you feel is the reason he has refused to release all of his tax returns? He is the only President since 1976 who has refused to release them. What is the big deal? He has gone to great lengths to have them hidden and not released. Does this make sense to anyone?

Reactions: celticdawg
What do you feel is the reason he has refused to release all of his tax returns? He is the only President since 1976 who has refused to release them. What is the big deal? He has gone to great lengths to have them hidden and not released. Does this make sense to anyone?
I know you didn't ask me, but my first thought is that much of what Trump does has no explanation. It is the genius and insanity of Trump - it wouldn't surprise me if he was hiding something or if he was purely refusing to release them to make democrats and the press angry.

If I had to put money on it, I would say he is not releasing them because of a variety of factors - 1. They will show that he is not quite as wealthy as he has portrayed - ie, only worth $1B instead of $3B. Not a big deal for a normal person, as he is still wealthy either way, but for someone with Trump's ego, that is probably a huge deal. 2. He knew media and the left would not understand the returns, misinterpret them, and the returns would give them ammo/talking points to misconstrue what the returns actually say to the public (which ended up happening anyway!). 3. As the NYTimes notes, he is in the middle of a fairly big court case regarding a tax refund, with significant dollars at stake, and doesn't want the court of public opinion being a factor in the verdict.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT