ADVERTISEMENT

ND: Anyone Else Riding This Cryptocurrency Wave?

Correct..but if you like to gamble it's the same thing. They just came out with futures on Bitcoin yesterday, and that was really fun today.

I have bitcoin, lite coin, ethereum. All have been great. IOTA has had a great run. Just threw some cash into Ripple. Could be the next big one..who knows. Don't invest more than you want to lose in any of these. It is pure gambling.
Agreed I would say ethereum is probably the safest play but it's all rolling the dice. It's been insane though the last 12 months.

My best friend cashed out 2.5 million in bitcoin over the last two weeks. This same guy also owns a Lamborghini and a Tesla. He still has over 60,000 BTC from when he started mining. Anyone that says it’s not worth anything or that it’s going to crash soon has no clue.

My best friend cashed out 2.5 million in bitcoin over the last two weeks. This same guy also owns a Lamborghini and a Tesla. He still has over 60,000 BTC from when he started mining. Anyone that says it’s not worth anything or that it’s going to crash soon has no clue.
Heard the same thing about 30A property near Watercolor from my friends 15 years ago. Your friend is smart - he knew to cash out. Just don’t call it investing - it is gambling - musical chairs.

Reactions: Fed_Dawg
I am using my Bitcoin to buy other companies outside of the mainstream ones using Binance and Bitterex.

I own NEO, ZRX, RDN, GVT. These are secondary companies that on the blockchain. They trade at a 20 Million or less Marketcaps. Think dot.com bubble. When they get found they will explode. 100-500% returns overnight. Anyone else doing the same? Feel free to email me. vick.bhatia@gmail.com. Would love to share notes.

Would I pay $15-20 k for bitcoin no I wouldn’t. But as long as there are peeps who will I will spend around $100 a day on power in order to get a bitcoin every 15-20 days. If that’s a fool I will gladly wear that title

Reactions: kubi13 and jitdawg

So he's sitting on a billion dollars, but would rather roll the dice? Why not close out half your position at 500million and still have 30k btc to ride the wave?

So he's sitting on a billion dollars, but would rather roll the dice? Why not close out half your position at 500million and still have 30k btc to ride the wave?

Why have one billion when you can have two and share it with your friends? ;)

Its backed by the technology behind it. I do Bitcoin itself is a bubble, but crypto is here to stay.

There is only so much banks and government can do. The weak point is the exchanges - the US could crackdown on Coinbase for example - but at this point there would be major legal battle's due to Fed licensing. You also only need one major country to be cryptofriendly to create an out.
This is a farce. There is NOTHING physical backing Bitcoin. Nothing. "Technology"? What technology? is nothing but vapor.

Reactions: acndog
In order to understand the dynamics of free markets everyone needs to read a little Hyman Minsky!

Its backed by the technology behind it. I do Bitcoin itself is a bubble, but crypto is here to stay.

There is only so much banks and government can do. The weak point is the exchanges - the US could crackdown on Coinbase for example - but at this point there would be major legal battle's due to Fed licensing. You also only need one major country to be cryptofriendly to create an out.
It's a mirage. A farce. It's only a means of transferring money. Nothing more. Just like checks. Does the paper written on have some value beyond the currency promised? Nope. Have some folks gotten rich trading Bitcoin or the options? Sure some do in any mania. Do some win a lotto? Yep. Bitcoin is a mania at the moment. Good luck. Hope you win at the roulette wheel.

Somebody's been watching too much TV
Heard the same thing about 30A property near Watercolor from my friends 15 years ago. Your friend is smart - he knew to cash out. Just don’t call it investing - it is gambling - musical chairs.
I lost my ass in watercolor

Honestly, everyone should buy a little at this point.

On Coinbase you can make autopayments. I have it set to buy $10 of ETH and Bitcoin a day, works as a savings account.
Until the mania crashes and your hard dollar investment goes to near zero.

I'm in the same boat. I have a bitcoin wallet somewhere and I don't remember wtf it is... don't remember how much was in it but it's likely several thousand dollars worth by now. Been trying to find it for a month.
I'm pretty certain he's joking and referencing a Big Bang Theory episode

Bitcoin in fixed. The actual float is very small and people aren't selling what they have. Thats why you see these huge moves. If you have no availability and people keep buying you see rapid moves.

Reactions: rockspring dawg
This is a farce. There is NOTHING physical backing Bitcoin. Nothing. "Technology"? What technology? is nothing but vapor.

Look up the blockchain. It's as simple as that. I was skeptical for years (always a gold and silver guy) until I saw a presentation by Patrick Byrne of Overstock.com talking about the blockchain technology and it's application.

I understand the skepticism, but there's a reason major financial investment's are being made throughout the crypto industry.

Reactions: RawDawg24
Glad to know you have an idea what you’re doing but got a 2 month roi and have pocketed more than $150k mining so I’ve been freerolling and will stop when it’s warranted
Yeah, and I've got a 1920's gold mine stock certificate on my wall worth a couple mil, too. It's hanging right beside my Confederate States of America "bonds" ... "guaranteed" in Confederate Dollars. Tossing the Total BullSh!T and Personal Foul Smell Flags here. Post a pic of the cash in USD when you collect.

You're free to be skeptical. But I turned seven grand into 17k. Biggest mistake was cashing out most of it, but part of the payday went to two national title tickets so I'm okay with that.
I buy lotto tickets occasionally, too, but I swore off gambling many years ago. Glad you collected. Many very bright people think most will likely lose their asses.

Reactions: major devil dawg
I have nothing to prove to you or anybody else someone asked I answered and could care less your thoughts. It’s not real hard to do a little homework and see at today’s prices it’s not real hard to understand even for you.

I have little idea of what I’m doing, but I started a few months ago and wow, the ROI is through the roof.
If you don’t understand this picture, you are fuc$ed. If you do understand this picture, you are smart enough to not be in Bitcoin.
gallery-1437071822-555165375.jpg

Yeah, you don’t understand supply & demand.

The tulip market wasn’t trading an enduring good in a global market.

I buy lotto tickets occasionally, too, but I swore off gambling many years ago. Glad you collected. Many very bright people think most will likely lose their asses.

Those bright people also tend to have skin in the game for it to tank (bankers, gold salesmen, etc.)

Bitcoin could fall as better technology has risen, but it won't sink crypto anymore than the dot com bubble damaged the Internet long term.

Stormin pretty sure this is a pointless conversation. Especially those that have gold mine stocks and think it’s a vapor.

Glad to know you have an idea what you’re doing but got a 2 month roi and have pocketed more than $150k mining so I’ve been freerolling and will stop when it’s warranted

What's your set up like for mining and on a weekly or monthly basis how many coins do you get?

As far as equipment I run Bitmain S9 antminers and with 20 I get a coin roughly every 18 days. The problem now is with the price spike in bitcoin people are asking stupid prices for the miners. I bought mine for less than $1200 each power supplies included. Had a friend trying to buy from bitmain recently and they didn’t have any available at this time but will probably have more in Jan. Hope this helps

Reactions: KirbytheDawg
If interested I can give you some dos and dont’s and advise you about mining pools and that type stuff. Super simple but things you need to know that will maximize your profits

Reactions: GatorsEatBoogers
As far as equipment I run Bitmain S9 antminers and with 20 I get a coin roughly every 18 days. The problem now is with the price spike in bitcoin people are asking stupid prices for the miners. I bought mine for less than $1200 each power supplies included. Had a friend trying to buy from bitmain recently and they didn’t have any available at this time but will probably have more in Jan. Hope this helps

Was just curious. We have a client who runs 250 rigs 24 hours a day in a warehouse out in NYC. Not sure what he is using, but averages 1 coin a week.

How many miners are you running?

He is using old equipment then. The new S9 run around 13.8 th/s. It sounds like he is running s5 to me.

Bitcoin is a sucker play ... there's NOTHING backing it but a bunch of air ... if you're up RUN don't walk to the nearest exit before you get taken out.
It is a trading platform. Nothing more. I love it when everyone claims it is a "revolutionary technology", but no one can explain what the benefit of the end product is. The original design was for it to be a digital currency, but no one transacts in currencies that have 50% swings in a single day. In the past I've tried day trading stocks and options, I've traded currency pairs and commodity futures. They all work for a while, and then they don't. When they don't, you lose a lot of money fast. I've found I get the best results with growth stocks that have strong fundamentals and that I hold medium to long term. Not sexy, but it works. I don't worry about picking highs and lows, if you get the right stock, but time it wrong, growth usually bails you out in the long run. Bitcoin and other crypto currencies will end badly, and the people who held too long won't get bailed out. If you currently hold Bitcoin or other cryptos for a net gain, consider yourself lucky and get out.

Bitcoin is a sucker play ... there's NOTHING backing it but a bunch of air ... if you're up RUN don't walk to the nearest exit before you get taken out.
It is a trading platform. Nothing more. I love it when everyone claims it is a "revolutionary technology", but no one can explain what the benefit of the end product is. The original design was for it to be a digital currency, but no one transacts in currencies that have 50% swings in a single day. In the past I've tried day trading stocks and options, I've traded currency pairs and commodity futures. They all work for a while, and then they don't. When they don't, you lose a lot of money fast. I've found I get the best results with growth stocks that have strong fundamentals and that I hold medium to long term. Not sexy, but it works. I don't worry about picking highs and lows, if you get the right stock, but time it wrong, growth usually bails you out in the long run. Bitcoin and other crypto currencies will end badly, and the people who held too long won't get bailed out. If you currently hold Bitcoin or other cryptos for a net gain, consider yourself lucky and get out.[/QUOTE

Cryptocurrency is not a fad, they will be around for the rest of our lifetime.

Sounds like your relying on 3rd party data & growth to inform you investment strategy.

Overwhelming evidence suggests you’d better in an index fund.

Consider yourself lucky & convert to index funds soon...

Last edited:
Sigh, it’s always the least informed that are ready to make the most definitive statements.

The utility of cryptocurrencies is well-defined. They are not a fad or a bubble.

In regards to your hot stocking picking tips, I’d bet dollars to donuts you wouldn’t be able to evaluate a publicly traded stock’s ‘fundamentals’ without relying on 3rd party analysis. Your not digging into SEC filed 10-Ks.

As such, you are part of the mindless herd. You would be far better not trying to guess about a stock’s fundamentals & just buy an index fund.

Consider yourself lucky & convert to index funds soon...
Lol, OK smart guy, tell me the real life benefits of crypto currencies. You have told me they are well defined, but you haven't told me what they are. I expect the currency of a third world country to have wild fluctuations, but not a currency that is used for transactions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT