ADVERTISEMENT

ND: Positive CDC Announcement

I am not exactly a snowflake but a friend just lost his father and brother to COV-19 and my first cousin is on a heart machine.. This is real, it's not a weak flu. Did society overreact,, Not sure.. In many places a 3 percent death rate is common.. So if 100,000 get the virus, 3,000 DIE. Do you want to be one of those 3,000? People should live their life but be responsible and take care of yourself. There is not doubt the snowflakes should stop trying to use the virus as a political tool. This shute is real though.
There isn’t a 3% death rate anywhere.

There may be a 3% case fatality rate but you are then assuming everyone who has it has tested positive which isn’t close to true.

Sorry for your loss, COVID is a very real thing and can be deadly to anyone. That said, the data we now have shows us exactly who Is at risk and who largely isn’t at risk. Anecdotal stories and news articles don’t change the overall data.

Two things can be true. I am not saying either is, but I hate the prison of two ideas. Let's use the hypothetical:

This virus is as deadly as a bad flu.
This virus spreads 10x more aggressively than a flu.

So if say only 1 percent will die from catching it. 99% survival rate. Sounds great. But if it spreads over a large population, that one percent racks up the deaths. Even at one tenth of one percent, if you spread that out over millions, it adds up.

My point is that vast, vast majority of us will survive this thing. BUT we are all likely to get it as it spreads like a monster. Let's not keep everything closed and freak out over every report of cases. AND let's not dismiss this out of hand and not try to impede the spread as much as possible.
Good post Radi. It never made sense to me that you have to be in the “everyone is going to die” camp or “it’s just the flu” camp.

It’s clearly worse than the flu to older folks and spreads more easily thus the higher death numbers.

It’s less deadly than the flu to young people and the constant freak out about cases at colleges, schools and especially our football team is just crazy to me.

Good post Radi. It never made sense to me that you have to be in the “everyone is going to die” camp or “it’s just the flu” camp.

It’s clearly worse than the flu to older folks and spreads more easily thus the higher death numbers.

It’s less deadly than the flu to young people and the constant freak out about cases at colleges, schools and especially our football team is just crazy to me.

Do you have the latest numbers on the flu and Covid deaths for young people? I'm having trouble trying to find a comparison.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT