ADVERTISEMENT

Not surprised chat hasn’t touched the death of George Floyd

This is quite the attempt at passive aggressive baiting while at the same time attempting to paint much of this board as racists.

Sorry we haven’t discussed an extremely obvious case of unwarranted death at the hands of a cop.
Not my best post in retrospect. Definitely passive aggressive and understand how it was crossing the line. I will do better in future.

i guess there is just too much video that shows he wasn’t resisting arrest or doing anything that required him to be restrained in that way justifying his death, therefore pure silence here. No moral outrage, crickets. Not surprised one bit. This place is pretty mean spirited , except for when people are quoting scripture and preaching down to everyone else , lol or lusting over girls young enough to be their daughters. Interested to see if a certain group of posters who think they run or own the chat have the moral courage to talk about this? Me personally, I sort of lean Old Testament. Maybe the Floyd family should be aloud to step on that guys neck for exactly 9 mins while he pleads that he can’t breath?? Would that be fair? Eye for an eye right? Are they still teaching cops to do this stuff that keeps resulting in these unnecessary deaths ? Seems the training they are receiving is deeply flawed, or the quality of people who do this job isn’t close to what it needs to be. Craziest thing is, without smart phones, he died while resisting arrest and no one would even blink an eye, much less question the death. Hope this man receives justice and his family peace. I will pray the lords will is served in this matter, and some sort of positive outcome reached.
The video awful no excuse at all. The same goes for the rioting and looting .
I am a loot up get shot kind guy it has no place in a civilized society

Why the hell is it okay for blacks to riot, destroy property and steal all in the name of justice for someone they didn't even know? Answer me that Khonelson! Allowing this lawlessness needs to stop everytime a black person dies and it is thought to be questionable. Ridiculous and criminal to say the least. I am sick of it, most people are.
First of all, everything about your post is horseshyte and inaccurate. In what time in the history of America have you ever known for it to be ok for "rioting" blacks to destroy property and steal? As far as protesting for somebody you don't know, it's called empathy man. It's that simple. Sounds to me like you could use some. Let's just hope that nobody ON EITHER SIDE gets hurt during this time

Reactions: lex7500
First of all, everything about your post is horseshyte and inaccurate. In what time in the history of America have you ever known for it to be ok for "rioting" blacks to destroy property and steal? As far as protesting for somebody you don't know, it's called empathy man. It's that simple. Sounds to me like you could use some. Let's just hope that nobody ON EITHER SIDE gets hurt during this time
What SIDE? That is telling. The lawlessness cannot continue when this happens. Empathy, hell yes, and what that guy did to Floyd was awful and he knows it. May God have mercy on his soul. Destroying property and stealing property is breaking the law and it is revealing, at least to me, that there is a large amount of hatred from one side to the other. It is time for that hatred to end or this country will NEVER be able to move on.

What SIDE? That is telling. The lawlessness cannot continue when this happens. Empathy, hell yes, and what that guy did to Floyd was awful and he knows it. May God have mercy on his soul. Destroying property and stealing property is breaking the law and it is revealing, at least to me, that there is a large amount of hatred from one side to the other. It is time for that hatred to end or this country will NEVER be able to move on.
Of course there are two different sides. There is the side of those protesting and there is the side of those whose jobs are to make sure things don't get out of hand (aka the police). What is so telling about that?

And please stop calling it lawlessness dude. You sound as if it's the wild west or something up there. It's not the LA Riots or any of that. People are venting man, and after something as bad as this, you have to dial the mall cop act down a notch. Let people have their space to vent and express themselves, and stop trying to muzzle them from speaking their truth. That's when stuff gets out of hand.

The cops will get what they deserve, but for us on the outside looking in, we gotta chill out with the judgements, as if this is just a walk in the park, and people should be conducting themselves as normal. Nothing normal about any of this.

Of course there are two different sides. There is the side of those protesting and there is the side of those whose jobs are to make sure things don't get out of hand (aka the police). What is so telling about that?

And please stop calling it lawlessness dude. You sound as if it's the wild west or something up there. It's not the LA Riots or any of that. People are venting man, and after something as bad as this, you have to dial the mall cop act down a notch. Let people have their space to vent and express themselves, and stop trying to muzzle them from speaking their truth. That's when stuff gets out of hand.

The cops will get what they deserve, but for us on the outside looking in, we gotta chill out with the judgements, as if this is just a walk in the park, and people should be conducting themselves as normal. Nothing normal about any of this.
Venting? Come on man, you are wrong pure and simple.

We are on opposite ends of this situation and there is no changing that. I respect how you feel and how you articulated it, but I still very much disagree. That is what I love so dearly love, we all can have an opinion.

Venting? Come on man, you are wrong pure and simple.

We are on opposite ends of this situation and there is no changing that. I respect how you feel and how you articulated it, but I still very much disagree. That is what I love so dearly love, we all can have an opinion.
Hold on man. The amount of stress people are having to deal with in this day and age is beyond comprehension, and you say I'm wrong, pure and simple because I say we have to give these people time and space to vent? How is that exactly?

You have been cooped up in quarantine for months on end, in the midst of a pandemic, you can't go anywhere or to work, you can't really do any of the things you normally do to blow off steam because everything is either closed or under restriction.

You couple all that with an apparent murder occurring in your own front yard, and you don't think none of that could produce a powder keg effect, just waiting to explode? Yeah, I'd say it is. If you think not, then you and I will have to agree to disagree on this one, but like you said that's ok.

I didn't come on here to change minds, just give a different take. We all need to chill out and try to understand where the anger is coming from. This stuff wasn't manufactured in a lab. This is real. People are pissed and fed up. Every protest isn't going to be walking in formation, holding hands and singing Amazing Grace. We need to respect that. It's gonna take some days for things to calm down in MN.

Hold on man. The amount of stress people are having to deal with in this day and age is beyond comprehension, and you say I'm wrong, pure and simple because I say we have to give these people time and space to vent? How is that exactly?

You have been cooped up in quarantine for months on end, in the midst of a pandemic, you can't go anywhere or to work, you can't really do any of the things you normally do to blow off steam because everything is either closed or under restriction.

You couple all that with an apparent murder occurring in your own front yard, and you don't think none of that could produce a powder keg effect, just waiting to explode? Yeah, I'd say it is. If you think not, then you and I will have to agree to disagree on this one, but like you said that's ok.

I didn't come on here to change minds, just give a different take. We all need to chill out and try to understand where the anger is coming from. This stuff wasn't manufactured in a lab. This is real. People are pissed and fed up. Every protest isn't going to be walking in formation, holding hands and singing Amazing Grace. We need to respect that. It's gonna take some days for things to calm down in MN.
Protests cannot include what is going on in Minn. It reeks of lawlessness and anger, and now it has spilled over to other cities, violently. Hopefully today, anymore of this illegal activity will be met with military might, and forever more in the future as well. Venting is megaphones and marches(if you must, although just as many whites are killed by cops annually), but this is not venting. It also continues to cut open the divide between races, imo unnecessarily so. I swear, to me, it seems like a lot of blacks just are not happy living in America and hate it. For the life of me, I don't know a country where life could be any better for the black people in totality. Again, we probably disagree on most of this, but I respect you man, we here are all dawgs.

What time in history?
Ferguson. Minneapolis. Both sets of looting were/are being cheered on by the media.
Nobody stopped it. They just ran out of stuff to steal in Ferguson, like they will in Minneapolis.
Don Lemon said last nite that the looters are just fighting for their Liberty.
Firefighters stopped bothering to put out fires. Cops allowed the looters to enter and burn their own precinct. The Mayor is standing aside. It is OK to destroy property and steal. Nobody is shooting looters on sight.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
From the news clips I saw this morning, it is not just black folks out there acting like idiots. There are plenty of white assholes out doing it also.
I realize the initial incident sparked claims that it happened because the cop was white and the perp was black. But, most cops are white and most perps are black and these incidents are rare given the huge number of times arrests are made. The validity of the "racism" claim is yet to be determined and we should be careful about rushing to judgement on that element of the situation.
The rioting and looting is another matter altogether. Mow those scumbags down right in the street without regard to race, gender or religious affiliation. "They was only robbing and burning the place", don't cut it as a defense.

i guess there is just too much video that shows he wasn’t resisting arrest or doing anything that required him to be restrained in that way justifying his death, therefore pure silence here. No moral outrage, crickets. Not surprised one bit. This place is pretty mean spirited , except for when people are quoting scripture and preaching down to everyone else , lol or lusting over girls young enough to be their daughters. Interested to see if a certain group of posters who think they run or own the chat have the moral courage to talk about this? Me personally, I sort of lean Old Testament. Maybe the Floyd family should be aloud to step on that guys neck for exactly 9 mins while he pleads that he can’t breath?? Would that be fair? Eye for an eye right? Are they still teaching cops to do this stuff that keeps resulting in these unnecessary deaths ? Seems the training they are receiving is deeply flawed, or the quality of people who do this job isn’t close to what it needs to be. Craziest thing is, without smart phones, he died while resisting arrest and no one would even blink an eye, much less question the death. Hope this man receives justice and his family peace. I will pray the lords will is served in this matter, and some sort of positive outcome reached.

ok

Protests cannot include what is going on in Minn. It reeks of lawlessness and anger, and now it has spilled over to other cities, violently. Hopefully today, anymore of this illegal activity will be met with military might, and forever more in the future as well. Venting is megaphones and marches(if you must, although just as many whites are killed by cops annually), but this is not venting. It also continues to cut open the divide between races, imo unnecessarily so. I swear, to me, it seems like a lot of blacks just are not happy living in America and hate it. For the life of me, I don't know a country where life could be any better for the black people in totality. Again, we probably disagree on most of this, but I respect you man, we here are all dawgs.
The only act that reeks of lawlessness was by the cop who casually put his body weight on the neck of that man. Don't punch and spit in my face, but then accuse me of being lawless when I react. That's insanity to say people don't have a reason to be angry.

In terms of the aftermath, what you're seeing spilling into the streets is a direct result of that man's disrespect, carelessness and disregard. We would not be here if that did not happen. None of this would be going on. Do you not get that? You don't want to acknowledge and understand what got us here, you only want to focus on the bi-product of what you're now seeing on TV. It blows my mind that you can't see both sides of your own argument? So, you are correct, no way you and I will ever agree on this subject, and with that said, I wish you well.

What time in history?
Ferguson. Minneapolis. Both sets of looting were/are being cheered on by the media.
Nobody stopped it. They just ran out of stuff to steal in Ferguson, like they will in Minneapolis.
Don Lemon said last nite that the looters are just fighting for their Liberty.
Firefighters stopped bothering to put out fires. Cops allowed the looters to enter and burn their own precinct. The Mayor is standing aside. It is OK to destroy property and steal. Nobody is shooting looters on sight.
First of all, stop the nonsense. Pls go to your biased source and pull out where it says media cheers on looters. Is what Don Lemon said supposed to be an example of this cheering? Look man, when it comes to information, you have two choices. Either you're going to take it at face value and not try to understand it's true meaning or you're going to let it sink in and consider what it is the source is trying to say. Sounds to me you chose the former, but that's your prerogative. 100% your choice.

I'm not going to speak for Don Lemon, he has a platform to speak for himself and I'm sure he'll continue to use it.

Reactions: celticdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT