ADVERTISEMENT

Should Samantha Bee be fired?

These people are employees "at will". TBS made a different decision than ABC. We are not in their boardroom.

Reactions: landycane
These people are employees "at will". TBS made a different decision than ABC. We are not in their boardroom.

Agreed, they don't have to be fired. But look at the media. They would have roasted ABC had they not fired Rosanne but have said Sammy b didn't mean it and has apologized... IT IS A GIANT double standard but par for the course. That is why the uninformed, like you must be, go along with whatever the media feeds you. You let them tell you ooooo Trump bad, he said a naughty,,, oooooo dim person is good they didn't mean it. Just like you call the Trump admin corrupt because the media and dims tell you he is but I have asked you twice to provide a factual reply about the corruption not a media or dim talking point. You haven't provided anything to this date. Just repeat the company line. IF that's how you make up your mind on things,,, good luck to you. You need it.

Reactions: DawgHammarskjold
I tried to watch her once and it was just not funny or entertaining at all. She basically shouted insults and then cackled at her own attempt at a joke. She won't be fired because she finally got somebody talking about her show and the insult was intentional. It was scripted, edited and taped so it was just a cheap ploy to draw attention to her awful show.

I tried to watch her once and it was just not funny or entertaining at all. She basically shouted insults and then cackled at her own attempt at a joke. She won't be fired because she finally got somebody talking about her show and the insult was intentional. It was scripted, edited and taped so it was just a cheap ploy to draw attention to her awful show.
As opposed to 6 nonsensical tweets every morning?

I got a strong hunch she’s John Cleese all transvestited out, which is disppointing. He was great as Tim the Enchanter when he was still a guy.

I’ve never thought Bee was funny. But here’s the thing. Motivated conservatives vote. The more BS stories printed by NYT and WaPo and the more the MSM and late night comics denigrate the US in general and Trump in particular, cons will come out en masse this November. Mark my word. The hysteria on the Left right now is unlike anything I’ve seen, and I’ve been around.

As opposed to 6 nonsensical tweets every morning?

Lol, you may not like Trump but even though some of his tweets are controversial, he's driving the news narrative and making his opponent's heads explode. As has been mentioned before, Trump has somehow got a lot of top dems to make statements that appear to be supportive of Iran, the little rocket man, unsecure borders and now MS-13. Now he has prominent Dems dropping F bombs all over the place, even a sitting U.S. senator while insisting he's the one that is vulgar. It's almost like Dems are now campaigning for Trump by destroying their credibility and their aura of decency.

She should be fired, there are some things you just can't say, and she, like Roseann, crossed the line.

Saw a couple of sponsor's have bolted, expect her to be let go soon

There is a double standard. I don't think either should be fired.
There are double standards everywhere for all kinds of things. It's not my call, but I would understand if TBS fired her.

I haven't watched something on TBS in a long time, but I thought I heard they are allowing content not found back in say, the 90s. If calling someone the C-word is part of their current business strategy, then I guess they got what they wanted. I still won't watch.

This is just the beginnings of removal of free speech. Either you have it or you don't, you can't regulate it, unless you want to change it with every political swing of the country. Freedom in not an interptation.
Why is everything always the beginning of something?

That's not how free speech works. We are protected from punishment by the government, not business matters.

If I were her boss, I'd fire her. The standard for me would be that you can't go on TV and call a woman the C Word. That's my standard. Time Warner doesn't have the same standard. Time Warner, parent company of the anti-Trump CNN, clearly expects Bee to viciously attack Trump and his family in the most vulgar of terms. Hell, Bee would risk getting fired from Time Warner if she came on tv tomorrow IN SUPPORT of Trump.

We are protected from punishment by the government, not business matters.

latest

Gets me rustled to the max people not understanding what freedom of speech actually means.

latest

Gets me rustled to the max people not understanding what freedom of speech actually means.
People should take a closer look at their lives. I've heard a lot of colorful things said by people in the workplace during my life. Some stuff was looked over, other stuff resulted in disciplinary action. Employers can do what they feel they need to per their policy and culture. It has nothing to do with constitutional free speech.

One thing I can say for sure, the more valuable the employee the more effort toward retaining the person saying the naughty things, if possible. How's that for a double standard?

I've known 2 different people commit blatant sexual harassment and neither was fired, but both punished internally. It was because in both cases the victim didn't feel the need to sue and just wanted the behavior to stop so that a hostile work environment didn't persist. Kinda cool that grown folks can resolve issues without dropping nukes.

Pretty simple.....vulgarity is not the same thing as racism. Anyone who voted for Pussy grabber is full of it acting offended by the word ****. Give me a break.

Pretty simple.....vulgarity is not the same thing as racism. Anyone who voted for Pussy grabber is full of it acting offended by the word ****. Give me a break.
Saying something supposedly off the record in private might reasonably be considered different from that said on a national broadcast. But, I’ll give you a break for not understanding that.

Look moron, the discussion was comparing Rosanne/Samantha Bee.....I brought up the Cheeto king because you clowns want to act outraged by a dirty word while supporting a guy who talks about wanting to date his daughter. Go back to the TV and melt your brain with more Faux News....your boy is going down....

Look moron, the discussion was comparing Rosanne/Samantha Bee.....I brought up the Cheeto king because you clowns want to act outraged by a dirty word while supporting a guy who talks about wanting to date his daughter. Go back to the TV and melt your brain with more Faux News....your boy is going down....
Hush up, Hobnail Kid. Grown folks are trying to have a conversation here.

53 posts in 16 years. I like a boy who measures his responses, a boy who gives weighty thought to his replies. I await your next thoughts in October or November with bated breath.

Lol......You clowns are hilarious.....guess I hurt your little feelings talking about your messiah, Traitor Trump. Snowflakes
I would vote for Trump’s hair over a third term of Obama or a stint with ole battle ax Hillary in the Oval.

Speaking of Trump’s quaff, you’ve got to admit....it’s fabulous, right???? It should have it’s own Twitter account.

New lib on the Chat...Let’s try. Hobnail, what polices do you disagree with President Trump on? Are you doing better today than 2 years ago?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT