ADVERTISEMENT

Trump tells Christian group to vote this year, and you won't have to again in four years

Trump left the White House without an issue after you dims stole the election.
This is some revisionist history at it's finest...I'm sorry

Did he leave? Sure. Without issue? Hardly...

If only Mike pence had the courage to do what was right...

You're not wrong on your first point, but the 2 videos I responded to don't show a change in context as insinuated in the tweet.

Like I said, I'm sure there are clips that exist to provide proper context. The tweet above does nothing of the sort. That's all.

Are you willing to give joe a pass on his bulls eye comment taken out of context?
I never said anything about the bullseye comment here. It just came with bad timing I think. I think the other rhetoric is bad enough. Now they are calling them weird. That is the new directive. Vance was an abused kid and is all about kid’s rights. This makes him weird.

Stone if there weren’t so many things the left has pulled out of context I would agree more with you here. Honestly.

Charlottesville. Suckers and losers. Bleach. Mercedes. Dictator. The border comment about Mexican rapists. Etc. These now show up in ads. Biden talked about the Mercedes comment on Seth myers show for five minutes. Totally false.

Reactions: poorpreacher
I never said anything about the bullseye comment here. It just came with bad timing I think. I think the other rhetoric is bad enough. Now they are calling them weird. That is the new directive. Vance was an abused kid and is all about kid’s rights. This makes him weird.

Stone if there weren’t so many things the left has pulled out of context I would agree more with you here. Honestly.

Charlottesville. Suckers and losers. Bleach. Mercedes. Dictator. The border comment about Mexican rapists. Etc. These now show up in ads. Biden talked about the Mercedes comment on Seth myers show for five minutes. Totally false.

Yep. The left leads the right about 50-1 in taking comments out of context.

Reactions: zingerdawg
With all due respect, I fail to see how the 2 clips provide different context. They are very similar with little to no variation. The 2 seconds in question provide the following: "we will have it fixed so good you won't have to vote again". What does that even mean and how does that change the context in question? Genuinely curious.

I'm sure there are other clips that help but not seeing it here.

1. He's implying that he'll fix the system (e.g. the COVID-era alterations to voting, plus other issues) and have it working so well, that people who would rather not participate (a not-insignificant number) won't have to vote again. However, he needs them to vote this cycle, to ensure he's able to fix those and other problems. It was a 'get out and vote' speech...pretty standard election cycle stuff.

2. The removal of the last 2 seconds amplifies the framing of what his opponents claim: an authoritarian and would-be dictator wanting to remove their future right to vote again, because he'll stay in power. The last 2 seconds that were removed don't help that narrative.

For evidence of this narrative & framing, see the original post in this thread.

Note: The suggestion that this is Trump telling a Christian audience his diabolical plan to overthrow the US government & install himself as dictator is farcical. Yet, here we are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT