ADVERTISEMENT

Trump insults our war dead...again

The families wanted Trump there & wanted pictures, assuming this is true
Not all families in that section of Arlington wanted Trump there.

One family wanted privacy, and the Trump team included his name and gravesite in their video anyway.

That is why the Army has such strict rules regarding pictures and videos from Arlington.

However, we all know that rules and laws don't apply to the Orange Jesus and his followers, so there is no surprise that the Trumpers on here are continuing to defend his actions.

Last edited:
Read this article for more info on the Arlington incident.

One family specifically did not want pictures taken.

Interesting, the Pub governor of Utah who was also in the pictures has apologized and said the pictures "did not go through proper channels and should have never been sent".

I wonder if the Trump folks will say the same.

I think we all know the answer to that one.

So Speaker Johnson helped Trump and the gold star family in question break the law. Good to know.

Did you read the article? That's a strange summary.

"...a Gold Star family told the Caller that Arlington National Cemetery was trying to make it difficult for the former President to appear for the ceremony to honor their children, something the families requested."

"Arlington National Cemetery told Gold Star families that they could only be there for a specific time that did not work for everyone’s schedule and were also told the president could not join them at their children’s gravesites, the family told the Caller.

Rep. Michael McCaul explained to the Caller that he was contacted by Gold Star parents Darin Hoover and Kelly Barnett, the parents of SSGT Taylor Hoover. Hoover and Barnett told him that Arlington Cemetery was giving the Gold Star parents of the U.S. servicemembers killed at Abbey Gate a hard time about coordinating a ceremony with Trump on the anniversary of their deaths."

“Our office worked with Arlington National Cemetery to move the time of the event, to a time that would accommodate the attendance of President Trump. That was done as a request by the families to this office, as they were not receiving that assistance from Arlington National Cemetery,”

"Arlington National Cemetery waited until the last minute to confirm key components of the event with the families.”

“Arlington Cemetery officials claimed the families didn’t want any media, photography, or videography at Section 60, contradicting what the families had actually requested. The families were fine with the media, designated by the Trump team, but Arlington kept pushing back, obstructing the process,”

President Trump didn’t come to us. His team didn’t come to us and say, hey, this would be good for business. Business? No. President Trump has stood by us from day one. He has been compassionate. He has been loving. He’s been understanding. He’s taking the mantle of our outrage a little bit. Because to be quite honest with you, being very frank, we haven’t heard diddly squat from the current administration in three years,” Hoover said.

There's more in that story, that I previously linked. Note the lack of 'anonymous sources'.

It’s against federal law to use ANC for campaign purposes and the 900 other families of dead soldiers in that section had no say in the matter.
I assume the Biden/Harris campaign got permission from all the families of those pictured in the whole video & got a federal law waiver for use of ANC...

As I stated before, I may not like it...but, it's common.

1) He did not have permission.

So, this:

GWBnc6tWcAEVw5P

...and the Gold Star family's on-the-record statements aren't enough?

Plus, how do you know any of the photography is not from the allowed press pool? I've seen footage from what was obviously official/allowed video.

2) It doesn't matter if the families wanted him there. At all.

So...this really bothers me. What the family wants doesn't matter? At all? Even if they coordinated those wishes w/ Arlington? Come on, man.

3) There was a physical altercation, and multiple reports suggest the ANC staffer is so fearful of reprisals that she has chosen not to pursue charges.

Ok. Still competing narratives on this. Even if all of it is true & happened just as described, it's a side-issue to the rest of the discussion.

4) Does this really require explanation? I don't believe you are that obtuse.

Your original point was that this incident is further evidence that Trump disrespects vets. That seems like a real twist, since he was literally there to honor the dead, at the request of the families. Especially interesting since (as quoted above) neither Biden nor Harris (the "last person in the room") who are responsible for the entire clusterf*** of Abbey Gate have never reached out....and getting spun up about footage being used for campaign purposes seems exceedingly hypocritical, given the readily available images I provided above.

FWIW:

Interesting, the Pub governor of Utah who was also in the pictures has apologized and said the pictures "did not go through proper channels and should have never been sent".

I think we all know the answer to that one.

And that’s from yahoo? Ha!Ha! Find a legitimate source for your information before you post .

It's why I have a real distaste for its use in this way....but, my disagreement here is the hypocrisy now just because Trump is doing it. Where are the previous uproars when others have done it (see my link above)?

Has the NY Times contacted the families of every name that appears in any campaign video?

"In a statement from Sergeant Marckesano’s relatives after being contacted by The New York Times...."

The families were fine with the media, designated by the Trump team,
Not all the families were fine with the media, and didn't want the pictures of his gravesite shown online.

Is this too hard to comprehend?

Not all the families were fine with the media, and didn't want the pictures of his gravesite shown online.

Is this too hard to comprehend?

We're starting to mix issues. Trump "media" being present and the unfortunate pictures of a grave being shown that the family didn't agree to are two separate issues, imo.

But, as I've addressed above...do you get just as upset when other campaigns do the same thing? I don't blame you if you weren't aware, as it was never covered.

It's why I have a real distaste for its use in this way....but, my disagreement here is the hypocrisy now just because Trump is doing it. Where are the previous uproars when others have done it (see my link above)?

Has the NY Times contacted the families of every name that appears in any campaign video?

"In a statement from Sergeant Marckesano’s relatives after being contacted by The New York Times...."
Fair enough

We're starting to mix issues. Trump "media" being present and the unfortunate pictures of a grave being shown that the family didn't agree to are two separate issues, imo.

But, as I've addressed above...do you get just as upset when other campaigns do the same thing? I don't blame you if you weren't aware, as it was never covered.
The rules at Arlington are in place for a reason as this is sacred ground.

I can't recall any other campaign posting a video from Arlington showing gravesites without permission.

I don't care what party a candidate was from, they shouldn't violate the rule.

On top of that, they called the staffer mentally ill who was simply trying to do her job and enforce the rules.

I can't recall any other campaign posting a video from Arlington showing gravesites without permission.

I don't care what party a candidate was from, they shouldn't violate the rule.
I posted a tweet above that provides still images from a Biden/Harris campaign video

Edit: and I have a hard time believing that every family was contacted or that any family agreed to "suckers" being displayed below their dead hero.

Did you read the article? That's a strange summary.

"...a Gold Star family told the Caller that Arlington National Cemetery was trying to make it difficult for the former President to appear for the ceremony to honor their children, something the families requested."

"Arlington National Cemetery told Gold Star families that they could only be there for a specific time that did not work for everyone’s schedule and were also told the president could not join them at their children’s gravesites, the family told the Caller.

Rep. Michael McCaul explained to the Caller that he was contacted by Gold Star parents Darin Hoover and Kelly Barnett, the parents of SSGT Taylor Hoover. Hoover and Barnett told him that Arlington Cemetery was giving the Gold Star parents of the U.S. servicemembers killed at Abbey Gate a hard time about coordinating a ceremony with Trump on the anniversary of their deaths."

“Our office worked with Arlington National Cemetery to move the time of the event, to a time that would accommodate the attendance of President Trump. That was done as a request by the families to this office, as they were not receiving that assistance from Arlington National Cemetery,”

"Arlington National Cemetery waited until the last minute to confirm key components of the event with the families.”

“Arlington Cemetery officials claimed the families didn’t want any media, photography, or videography at Section 60, contradicting what the families had actually requested. The families were fine with the media, designated by the Trump team, but Arlington kept pushing back, obstructing the process,”

President Trump didn’t come to us. His team didn’t come to us and say, hey, this would be good for business. Business? No. President Trump has stood by us from day one. He has been compassionate. He has been loving. He’s been understanding. He’s taking the mantle of our outrage a little bit. Because to be quite honest with you, being very frank, we haven’t heard diddly squat from the current administration in three years,” Hoover said.

There's more in that story, that I previously linked. Note the lack of 'anonymous sources'.

I assume the Biden/Harris campaign got permission from all the families of those pictured in the whole video & got a federal law waiver for use of ANC...

As I stated before, I may not like it...but, it's common.

So, this:

GWBnc6tWcAEVw5P

...and the Gold Star family's on-the-record statements aren't enough?

Plus, how do you know any of the photography is not from the allowed press pool? I've seen footage from what was obviously official/allowed video.

So...this really bothers me. What the family wants doesn't matter? At all? Even if they coordinated those wishes w/ Arlington? Come on, man.

Ok. Still competing narratives on this. Even if all of it is true & happened just as described, it's a side-issue to the rest of the discussion.

Your original point was that this incident is further evidence that Trump disrespects vets. That seems like a real twist, since he was literally there to honor the dead, at the request of the families. Especially interesting since (as quoted above) neither Biden nor Harris (the "last person in the room") who are responsible for the entire clusterf*** of Abbey Gate have never reached out....and getting spun up about footage being used for campaign purposes seems exceedingly hypocritical, given the readily available images I provided above.

FWIW:

Moose, let’s see if we can simplify the discussion.

The Trump campaign was fully briefed on what was and was not permissible according to the law. Ignorance is not a defense in this scenario.

They made and released a campaign video anyway. There is no scenario where this is legal or morally acceptable. As we’ve seen so many times, rules and laws are for other people, not Trump and his team.

While doing all this, there was a physical
confrontation with a female staffer who was simply doing her job attempting to have the Trump campaign adhere to the law that they had just been fully briefed about. They then tried to belittle her by stating that she must have been having a mental health episode. That is entirely unacceptable, and according to the press release from the Army, virtually unprecedented.

No, the wishes of the gold star families in question are entirely irrelevant if they want to operate outside the same rules, regulations and laws that everyone else has to adhere to. They are a few of the many thousands of families whose loved one are honored at ANC and the rules are in place to preserve the dignity of all of the dead in ANC. That’s how it should work, but of course Trump sees himself as above the laws that everyone else is expected to follow. Great character trait for someone who wants back in to the WH.

The family of the master sergeant whose grave became part of the smiling (and weird) campaign shot has expressed their concern and discomfort and for good reason. Their family member, a true hero who couldn’t carry the burden of eight combat tours, deserves better than that.

This one isn’t complicated in any way, but those willing to defend Trump have shown a willingness to overcome established facts and a very generous definition of common decency to avoid holding Trump to account.

If you are suggesting that the Biden/Harris campaign did something illegal, please share what that was.

If you are suggesting that the Biden/Harris campaign did something illegal, please share what that was.
You said using photos of an Arlington grave in a campaign ad was illegal....I provided proof they did. So....

Either way....illegal or not, I find its use distasteful, if not common and expected.

Military members have long been used as political props.

Last edited:
Moose, let’s see if we can simplify the discussion.

The Trump campaign was fully briefed on what was and was not permissible according to the law. Ignorance is not a defense in this scenario.

They made and released a campaign video anyway. There is no scenario where this is legal or morally acceptable. As we’ve seen so many times, rules and laws are for other people, not Trump and his team.

While doing all this, there was a physical
confrontation with a female staffer who was simply doing her job attempting to have the Trump campaign adhere to the law that they had just been fully briefed about. They then tried to belittle her by stating that she must have been having a mental health episode. That is entirely unacceptable, and according to the press release from the Army, virtually unprecedented.

No, the wishes of the gold star families in question are entirely irrelevant if they want to operate outside the same rules, regulations and laws that everyone else has to adhere to. They are a few of the many thousands of families whose loved one are honored at ANC and the rules are in place to preserve the dignity of all of the dead in ANC. That’s how it should work, but of course Trump sees himself as above the laws that everyone else is expected to follow. Great character trait for someone who wants back in to the WH.

The family of the master sergeant whose grave became part of the smiling (and weird) campaign shot has expressed their concern and discomfort and for good reason. Their family member, a true hero who couldn’t carry the burden of eight combat tours, deserves better than that.

This one isn’t complicated in any way, but those willing to defend Trump have shown a willingness to overcome established facts and a very generous definition of common decency to avoid holding Trump to account.
I've been very consistent here: I don't like any of this. But, as I've provided (and even though it's apparently illegal) other campaigns have done it to absolutely no outrage.

All the other details are in disagreement between people on the record and "anonymous sources". So, I'll wait until further details are released.

You said using photos of an Arlington grave in a campaign ad was illegal....I provided proof they did. So....

Either way....illegal or not, I find its use distasteful, if not common and expected.

Military members have long been used as political props.
No, I didn't say using photos from ANC was illegal. I said what Trump did was illegal, which it was.

The two examples you provided utilized stock photography, which is permissible. Note the one name legible in the example on the right is a fake name. The videos used by Biden (and other leaders in the past) were shot by an officially sanctioned videographer and I'm guessing you can't make out a single name in any of them.

You may not agree with the laws, but the laws are clear, and the Trump team was fully briefed before they entered ANC. They don't give a flying fark what the rules are or if they are disrespecting other families to such a degree that they physically confronted an innocent staffer simply trying to enforce the rules and then suggested mental health issues were the reason.

This is Trump and his movement summed up perfectly in a single event. It's just so weak and transparent.

As a separate commentary, the Trump campaign was attempting to create a manufactured opportunity to overcome the MOH controversy and criticize their opponent and managed to shoot themselves in the foot instead. What a bunch of hacks running that operation right now.

Or perhaps even the most politically masterful operation in the world is unable to overcome the shortcomings of the current product. And mark my words, it's only going to continue to get worse.

Am I missing a connect between MI ballot law and the topic of this thread?

Anywho, here is an article that details why RFK is currently unable to remove his name from the MI ballot.

So, assuming the article is accurate, explain why did she try to remove him last month?

No, I didn't say using photos from ANC was illegal. I said what Trump did was illegal, which it was.

You said using ANC for campaign purposes is illegal. I quoted it above. If I misconstrued your meaning, it was an honest mistake.

For the xth time, I don't like any use of it in any political ad. I think the use of graves is distasteful, and the use of actual caskets is gross. But, politicians do what they do.

Regardless, I'll leave you with this since your responses have devolved into supposition...

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
This is trump's campaign manager. He's not making this any better for trump. Why do some people act this way? It's anti American...

So, assuming the article is accurate, explain why did she try to remove him last month?

You said using ANC for campaign purposes is illegal. I quoted it above. If I misconstrued your meaning, it was an honest mistake.

For the xth time, I don't like any use of it in any political ad. I think the use of graves is distasteful, and the use of actual caskets is gross. But, politicians do what they do.

Regardless, I'll leave you with this since your responses have devolved into supposition...

Trump broke the law, Biden didn’t, unless you have some evidence suggesting otherwise.

Trump and his campaign could have de-escalated when the cemetery staffer attempted to prevent the campaign from breaking the law, and instead there was a physical confrontation and they knowingly broke the law anyway. And released the video anyway.

Trump involved the names of dead service members whose families had no say in the matter. Biden did not, unless you have some evidence suggesting otherwise.

The larger issue beyond the disrespect for the fallen is that Trump believes he’s above the law.

We have gone back and forth on the documents case, but we always end up in a similar place. You make a legal argument for why Trump had a legal right to the documents and I point out that his team never bothered to make those arguments. They simply lied and obstructed, because Trump feels that laws he finds inconvenient don’t apply to him. ANC is just the latest example.

Amazingly enough, we have a SCOTUS that has decided that a POTUS is, regarding official duties, above the law. This and the plan to replace a huge number of civil servants with political lackeys would give Trump in his second term much greater reign to indulge all his worst instincts, which I would hope even some of his supporters could acknowledge he has.

That’s why when people like @zingerdawg and @-lowcountrydawg say we already know exactly what we would get from Trump in a second term, I think they are vastly underestimating how different it would actually be.

No guard rails from concern about reelection, no guard rails thanks to presidential immunity and no guard rails from a depleted executive branch where so many have been replaced based on a loyalty test to Trump. His second term would be vastley different from his first.

Trump broke the law, Biden didn’t, unless you have some evidence suggesting otherwise.

Trump and his campaign could have de-escalated when the cemetery staffer attempted to prevent the campaign from breaking the law, and instead there was a physical confrontation and they knowingly broke the law anyway. And released the video anyway.

Trump involved the names of dead service members whose families had no say in the matter. Biden did not, unless you have some evidence suggesting otherwise.

The larger issue beyond the disrespect for the fallen is that Trump believes he’s above the law.

We have gone back and forth on the documents case, but we always end up in a similar place. You make a legal argument for why Trump had a legal right to the documents and I point out that his team never bothered to make those arguments. They simply lied and obstructed, because Trump feels that laws he finds inconvenient don’t apply to him. ANC is just the latest example.

Amazingly enough, we have a SCOTUS that has decided that a POTUS is, regarding official duties, above the law. This and the plan to replace a huge number of civil servants with political lackeys would give Trump in his second term much greater reign to indulge all his worst instincts, which I would hope even some of his supporters could acknowledge he has.

That’s why when people like @zingerdawg and @-lowcountrydawg say we already know exactly what we would get from Trump in a second term, I think they are vastly underestimating how different it would actually be.

No guard rails from concern about reelection, no guard rails thanks to presidential immunity and no guard rails from a depleted executive branch where so many have been replaced based on a loyalty test to Trump. His second term would be vastley different from his first.
Will, please do yourself and all of us a favor and change the channel.

When someone who done all they could to avoid the draft during wartime calls someone "a loser and not a hero because he got captured" tells you all you need to know.
Agree or disagree with his politics, I don't think anyone on here would even think such thoughts about John McCain.
So when other Generals say Trump said similar things, is it really such a stretch?
Even if ALL the others are lying, the above quote would have been disqualifying not all that long ago.
But hey, that's just Trump being Trump, and I will have have more in my wallet if he goes back in. Probably just more fake news.....
Happy Friday and go Dawgs!

Reactions: celticdawg

This is all conjecture on your part. You have no evidence to say trump’s presidency will be different. Just your fear. Better question for yourself when you look in the mirror. Can you find any evidence that a Kamala presidency will be better than her vp term. The only evidence you have is she is adopting some of trump’s own policies. Otherwise she is more radical than Joe was. We have already seen what that will do. She can’t spell the word economy. Do you honestly think there is a snow balls chance in hell she has an idea how to fix it? Of course not. You want to elect someone just because you don’t like the other candidate. She is comedy hour on every level. There is also a mountain of evidence that she will not answer for her actions ever. Because she isn’t smart enough to. Is this what you really want? Prove me wrong.

As far as Trump breaking the law. This is the all time dumb strategy’s to take. You might as well be listening to the Trump advisors. You put more of these gold star families on tv and they will blast Biden and Harris. Just like they have. He was right to accept the invitation and show he cares about them more than you guys do. You all should be ashamed of that take. If the military says different, they should be ashamed that no once acts like they care what happened at all. This inept administration killed them period. By rushing everything. If the msm lets it go it is a snippet. Now you have these folks on every station getting to tell their story. All time dumb decisions by the dnc, this one may top it.

Not to mention it has been shown trump isn’t the only one the cemetery for a photo op. This is one you should take a lap on man.

When someone who done all they could to avoid the draft during wartime calls someone "a loser and not a hero because he got captured" tells you all you need to know.
Agree or disagree with his politics, I don't think anyone on here would even think such thoughts about John McCain.
So when other Generals say Trump said similar things, is it really such a stretch?
Even if ALL the others are lying, the above quote would have been disqualifying not all that long ago.
But hey, that's just Trump being Trump, and I will have have more in my wallet if he goes back in. Probably just more fake news.....
Happy Friday and go Dawgs!
I hope you are well and your golf game is flowing. :).

You need to watch the independent video. There are 18 other people there who say Trump didn’t say that. One, who hates him like you do, who says he did say it. Beleive what you want Mitchell. People say awful things in a campaign about you and your children these days. That street goes both ways

There is plenty of evidence she is a dumbass of the highest order. She was the worst vp ever in our country. I know you aren’t voting for her as you said, but as bad as Trump is. There is no way in hell he is worse than her. Especially when the only policies she has put forth that make any sense are his. What does that say brother. You can keep going about how much you hate him. He is a horrible human. Plenty of evidence she is just as bad. 92 percent staff turnover. By the way. Worse than Trump.

You may not need any money in your pocket right now. But I have two daughters just getting into the real world. They could use it. I have another son and daughter in college. They can use it when they get out. They can’t make ends meet in a normal entry level job. So both are living at home again. This isn’t getting better either. Only worse. Putting a little money back in our pockets will go a long way. Not to mention the 100’s of clients I have that are suffering from this economic environment. I find it hard to believe anyone would want to sign back of for more of this.

I believe you. You are consistently more bottom-line oriented than some of our other friends on here.

Conservatives used to believe that character is destiny. Support for Trump is definitely not compatible with that particular saying.
Neither is it aligned with Harris/Walz. This is the crap that drives me crazy. You act like there is a higher ground. Both sides are low and one side saying the other is worse is dishonest. They both suck yet you continue to act like Harris is better and Biden before her. When you define what is better in your narrow view I guess it might be true. The right does the same thing so I am trying to say it is the same on both sides. She lies and is an awful candidate but she cannot be worse than him(from where you are standing). Both views are narrow in scope and miss the mark. By calling out both of their flaws, lies and errors maybe we can help correct things or at least attempt to set the bar in 4 years.

This is all conjecture on your part. You have no evidence to say trump’s presidency will be different. Just your fear. Better question for yourself when you look in the mirror. Can you find any evidence that a Kamala presidency will be better than her vp term. The only evidence you have is she is adopting some of trump’s own policies. Otherwise she is more radical than Joe was. We have already seen what that will do. She can’t spell the word economy. Do you honestly think there is a snow balls chance in hell she has an idea how to fix it? Of course not. You want to elect someone just because you don’t like the other candidate. She is comedy hour on every level. There is also a mountain of evidence that she will not answer for her actions ever. Because she isn’t smart enough to. Is this what you really want? Prove me wrong.

As far as Trump breaking the law. This is the all time dumb strategy’s to take. You might as well be listening to the Trump advisors. You put more of these gold star families on tv and they will blast Biden and Harris. Just like they have. He was right to accept the invitation and show he cares about them more than you guys do. You all should be ashamed of that take. If the military says different, they should be ashamed that no once acts like they care what happened at all. This inept administration killed them period. By rushing everything. If the msm lets it go it is a snippet. Now you have these folks on every station getting to tell their story. All time dumb decisions by the dnc, this one may top it.

Not to mention it has been shown trump isn’t the only one the cemetery for a photo op. This is one you should take a lap on man.
Of course any speculation about the future involves some degree of conjecture. But I have the last year of Trump’s last term, J6, his behavior after leaving office including the documents case, Project 2025 and his continued deteriorating mental state we watch on a daily basis to give me a solid idea of what we could expect from Trump.

You also assume that everyone sees the last four years as the unmitigated disaster that you and the other Trump supporters see. We don’t, and I’ve shared the objective and subjective reasons we differ on our views many times so I’ll spare us all this time.

Your second paragraph fails to address the issue of Trump breaking the law and dishonoring ANC. At all. Some gold star families hate Biden, some hate Trump. Comes with the job. It doesn’t change the fact that the latest event continues to show that Trump feels rules and laws are for other people. Just the character we need back in the WH.

Watch Trump’s pathetic effort to try and duck responsibility for what happened. He literally progresses through almost all eight phases of narcissistic denial in less than a minute.

Why didn’t Biden break the law? Oh I know because he is a democrat.
If you aren’t interested in understanding the differences between what Trump did and anything Biden did, it’s not my job to educate you. Trump invited a private photographer and videographer. That’s illegal. Trump exposed the names of the dead not associated with the families that invited him. That’s illegal. Biden did none of those things.

It’s easy to understand if you want to.

Neither is it aligned with Harris/Walz. This is the crap that drives me crazy. You act like there is a higher ground. Both sides are low and one side saying the other is worse is dishonest. They both suck yet you continue to act like Harris is better and Biden before her. When you define what is better in your narrow view I guess it might be true. The right does the same thing so I am trying to say it is the same on both sides. She lies and is an awful candidate but she cannot be worse than him(from where you are standing). Both views are narrow in scope and miss the mark. By calling out both of their flaws, lies and errors maybe we can help correct things or at least attempt to set the bar in 4 years.
So far, that awful candidate is running a very solid campaign and she has completely reversed the prospects for the entire party in November.

All while Trump seems less and less coherent every day. I posted in another thread a few highlights from last night. Harris seems to avoid the big gaff while Trump hurts himself daily.

Again, one campaign definitely seems to be executing well while the other is not.

Edit: here’s an example. I think she played this perfectly. Acknowledge the same old playbook but refuse to meet Trump where CNN wanted her, which was in the mud pit. Smart.

Last edited:
I hope you are well and your golf game is flowing. :).

You need to watch the independent video. There are 18 other people there who say Trump didn’t say that. One, who hates him like you do, who says he did say it. Beleive what you want Mitchell. People say awful things in a campaign about you and your children these days. That street goes both ways

There is plenty of evidence she is a dumbass of the highest order. She was the worst vp ever in our country. I know you aren’t voting for her as you said, but as bad as Trump is. There is no way in hell he is worse than her. Especially when the only policies she has put forth that make any sense are his. What does that say brother. You can keep going about how much you hate him. He is a horrible human. Plenty of evidence she is just as bad. 92 percent staff turnover. By the way. Worse than Trump.

You may not need any money in your pocket right now. But I have two daughters just getting into the real world. They could use it. I have another son and daughter in college. They can use it when they get out. They can’t make ends meet in a normal entry level job. So both are living at home again. This isn’t getting better either. Only worse. Putting a little money back in our pockets will go a long way. Not to mention the 100’s of clients I have that are suffering from this economic environment. I find it hard to believe anyone would want to sign back of for more of this.
All well Zing.....golf game never been better. Stack and Tilt baby!
Can't say one way or the other about what others have said.
That being said, the quote on John McCain is plain as day out of his own mouth for all to see.
Like I said, agree or disagree on John McCain's political views, it takes a sick puppy to call him a loser and not a hero for being captured.
You or I, or anyone else would never even think that, much less say it.
The man was a POW for over 5 years while the man calling him a loser refused to serve.
This is not a "quote", its him on camera saying it.
Hope you are well too my friend.
Enjoy the games tomorrow.

All well Zing.....golf game never been better. Stack and Tilt baby!
Can't say one way or the other about what others have said.
That being said, the quote on John McCain is plain as day out of his own mouth for all to see.
Like I said, agree or disagree on John McCain's political views, it takes a sick puppy to call him a loser and not a hero for being captured.
You or I, or anyone else would never even think that, much less say it.
The man was a POW for over 5 years while the man calling him a loser refused to serve.
This is not a "quote", its him on camera saying it.
Hope you are well too my friend.
Enjoy the games tomorrow.
That one was horrendous. I agree. I was speaking of the other one. It was crossing a line for sure. I am just saying that was during a campaign where tons of things are said that cross lines. That was one of the worst for sure. And trump is the most egregious at this, but he has had some doozies thrown his way as well.

This was what it was in response to. Pretty bad to call someone this as well. It is behind a paywall, I just noticed. He called him a whimpering coward for trying to avoid the Vietnam war. That is what started the mudslinging. Sometimes people forget this.

Glad to hear the game is solid. Playing this weekend hopefully. Go dawgs

Reactions: mitchelldawg
Of course any speculation about the future involves some degree of conjecture. But I have the last year of Trump’s last term, J6, his behavior after leaving office including the documents case, Project 2025 and his continued deteriorating mental state we watch on a daily basis to give me a solid idea of what we could expect from Trump.

You also assume that everyone sees the last four years as the unmitigated disaster that you and the other Trump supporters see. We don’t, and I’ve shared the objective and subjective reasons we differ on our views many times so I’ll spare us all this time.

Your second paragraph fails to address the issue of Trump breaking the law and dishonoring ANC. At all. Some gold star families hate Biden, some hate Trump. Comes with the job. It doesn’t change the fact that the latest event continues to show that Trump feels rules and laws are for other people. Just the character we need back in the WH.

Watch Trump’s pathetic effort to try and duck responsibility for what happened. He literally progresses through almost all eight phases of narcissistic denial in less than a minute.

There is a picture of Biden there for campaign purposes. You can’t have it one way or the other. If one family asked me to be there. I would go. That is a stupid strategy. Again, now you have these families on camera saying how awful Biden and Kamala are. You can’t turn that down. I understand what he did was against the law. But that was a good reason to break it imo. Especially with what took place with Biden being more worried about his watch.

You didn’t comment on Kamala being better. And you don’t think it was a disaster yet her whole strategy is to claim she will fix things day one that her administration already broke. She is distancing herself from Bidenomics as fast as she can.

His mental state is fine. That is another reach. Your candidate’s mental state is the biggest question. And she has no excuse. Project 2025 is a dead issue. Even the msm have said his platform detaches itself from it. It is totally a non issue other than for folks already voting for Kamala. Out of fear.

18 minutes of an hour long interview. No transcript. You might want to look away

Trump invited a private photographer and videographer. That’s illegal.

Once again...direction from ANC to those attending:

GWBnc6tWcAEVw5P

Project 2025

...and again...

From a Newsweek Fact Check:

- "The claim that he has "blessed" it is based on a hidden camera interview...The quote....would have been made in early 2021...more than a year before Project 2025 was announced publicly...the claim used by Democrats is not from Trump's mouth and is based on an undercover report from a former associate who may have exaggerated the significance of his relationship with the former president...the cover story used to arrange the hidden camera interview was a discussion of a donation opportunity."

While the CRA and Vought contributed to Project 2025, the comment seems to refer to the CRA exclusively.

No matter that context, Trump has not given his "blessing" publicly or directly. Trump has tried to distance himself from the project, calling some of its ideas "abysmal" and "ridiculous."

- Forbes: Trump Disavows Project 2025

- NPR: Trump -->"I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal. Anything they do, I wish them luck, but I have nothing to do with them.”

- CNN Fact Check: "A Harris campaign official said the campaign has “made a deliberate decision to brand all of Trump’s policies” as “Project 2025,” since they believe “it has stuck with voters.”

GWBnc6tWcAEVw5P

...and again...

- "The claim that he has "blessed" it is based on a hidden camera interview...The quote....would have been made in early 2021...more than a year before Project 2025 was announced publicly...the claim used by Democrats is not from Trump's mouth and is based on an undercover report from a former associate who may have exaggerated the significance of his relationship with the former president...the cover story used to arrange the hidden camera interview was a discussion of a donation opportunity."

While the CRA and Vought contributed to Project 2025, the comment seems to refer to the CRA exclusively.

No matter that context, Trump has not given his "blessing" publicly or directly. Trump has tried to distance himself from the project, calling some of its ideas "abysmal" and "ridiculous."

- NPR: Trump -->"I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal. Anything they do, I wish them luck, but I have nothing to do with them.”

- CNN Fact Check: "A Harris campaign official said the campaign has “made a deliberate decision to brand all of Trump’s policies” as “Project 2025,” since they believe “it has stuck with voters.”
The cnn fact check is spot on. It damn sure stuck with will. Factual or not who cares.

There is a picture of Biden there for campaign purposes. You can’t have it one way or the other. If one family asked me to be there. I would go. That is a stupid strategy. Again, now you have these families on camera saying how awful Biden and Kamala are. You can’t turn that down. I understand what he did was against the law. But that was a good reason to break it imo. Especially with what took place with Biden being more worried about his watch.

You didn’t comment on Kamala being better. And you don’t think it was a disaster yet her whole strategy is to claim she will fix things day one that her administration already broke. She is distancing herself from Bidenomics as fast as she can.

His mental state is fine. That is another reach. Your candidate’s mental state is the biggest question. And she has no excuse. Project 2025 is a dead issue. Even the msm have said his platform detaches itself from it. It is totally a non issue other than for folks already voting for Kamala. Out of fear.

18 minutes of an hour long interview. No transcript. You might want to look away
Zinger, it was in no way illegal for him to accept the request of the gold star family to join them at the grave of their family member.

It was illegal for him to bring his own photographer and videographer, to use those people and then to release the photos and videos for the use of his campaign. That’s what the staffer who was roughed up was trying to stop.

Can you see the difference? If it was truly about the families, there was zero need to break the law.

Yes, I think Kamala is a better option than Trump, by nearly every metric I can think of. I don’t think the last four years have been awful, and I think we have recovered from the economic disruption from Covid better than everyone else.

You know where I fall on social issues at this point and who get my support on those.

Regarding current campaign execution, Kamala seems to be doing just about everything right and Trump is struggling. There will be plenty of future opportunities for Harris to screw up, but will Trump be able to capitalize on them? Not based on what I’m seeing.

Here’s the latest economic data for your consideration.

GWBnc6tWcAEVw5P

...and again...

I’ll see if I can avoid chasing my tail on this one.

“Federal law prohibits political campaign or election-related activities within Army National Military Cemeteries, to include photographers, content creators or any other persons attending for purposes, or in direct support of a partisan political candidate’s campaign,” the cemetery said Tuesday. “Arlington National Cemetery reinforced and widely shared this law and its prohibitions with all participants.”

The apparently applicable law here is 32 CFR § 553.32. That law says the executive director of the Army National Military Cemeteries shall “ensure the sanctity of public and private memorial and ceremonial events.”

“All memorial services and ceremonies within Army National Military Cemeteries, other than official ceremonies, shall be purely memorial in purpose,” it says.

So Trump recorded and released what can only be deemed a campaign video, cheesy guitar track and all. If you were suggesting that that video is not a campaign video, well, it can’t objectively be proven one way or the other, but I’ll not waste our time by engaging in a futile debate about the obvious.

Regarding Project 2025, it’s easy to understand why Trump is trying to distance himself from it. A multitude of the creators and contributors are from his former staff and Trump’s protestations do not pass the smell test. We can’t really say whether I’m right or not until Trump takes office, which seems less likely on a daily basis. I guess we will see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT