ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! NBC news now says masks should not be

Masks are unsanitary. Have to go with a combo:
uzwcdg5fr5m41.jpg

Potimus, searched all over NBC News, can't find this one.

Mind posting a link?

Be happy to. Here you go.

And when you look at CO2 levels, oxygen deprivation and blood pressure levels, we have a problem.

If the mask is to stop larger droplets from one person to another, just wear a loose fitting scarf around your face.

The mask is not a magical fix. It is an item designed for sterile environments that is being used improperly and has become a profit issue for many who push the need.

The CDC says specifically masks are to be discarded after leaving patients room because of contamination.

If one thinks a mask should be worn, wear it. Just understand the health ramifications .

And when you look at CO2 levels, oxygen deprivation and blood pressure levels, we have a problem.

If the mask is to stop larger droplets from one person to another, just wear a loose fitting scarf around your face.

The mask is not a magical fix. It is an item designed for sterile environments that is being used improperly and has become a profit issue for many who push the need.

The CDC says specifically masks are to be discarded after leaving patients room because of contamination.

If one thinks a mask should be worn, wear it. Just understand the health ramifications .

lol this is phenomenal. Please start a thread on the vent so all the mask bros can now backtrack and play mental gymnastics to defend the mask.

"Healthy people should not be wearing masks of ANY kind."
That's a pretty clear quote from the health care professional in the vid.

Seems odd that DEM Governors would want to make people unhealthy and help spread more virus by forcing people to wear these masks. Wonder why they would want MORE cases and MORE infections.

This was from February 27th. Nice try.
nuwUash.jpg

Did the size of a corona virus particle shrink since February making this irrelevant?
The masks aren’t supposed to be worn to filter airborne viruses. It’s supposed to be worn so that you protect others from your droplets (which Carey the virus) from speaking, coughing, singing, laughing, anything. If you’re going to be against wearing a mask, at least know WHY we are being asked to wear one.

The masks aren’t supposed to be worn to filter airborne viruses. It’s supposed to be worn so that you protect others from your droplets (which Carey the virus) from speaking, coughing, singing, laughing, anything. If you’re going to be against wearing a mask, at least know WHY we are being asked to wear one.
Thanks for all capping WHY for me. Now I understand. I’m very well read on the subject matter from all sides. I’ve processed all of the opinions and have concluded that the current narrative is bullshit. Thanks for your input though.

Your first article uses sources about the flu to get their point across. We are talking about COVID. Different viruses. Different reasons for wearing the mask. Also, the oxygen/carbon dioxide thing is not entirely true. That becomes an issue when you are wearing a tightly fitted mask for long periods of time. Not wearing a cloth mask where there is plenty of openings for oxygen to enter and carbon dioxide to exit.
Your second source is about the WHO disagreeing with the CDC on wearing a mask. This was written on June 1st. The WHO has since (actually about 5 days later) said we need to wear masks when out in public.

Thanks for all capping WHY for me. Now I understand. I’m very well read on the subject matter from all sides. I’ve processed all of the opinions and have concluded that the current narrative is bullshit. Thanks for your input though.
You’re welcome. But you must not have read everything about it, since you thought that the masks were supposed to filter the airborne particles. And that’s not why we are being asked to wear them. But you’re welcome.

Your first article uses sources about the flu to get their point across. We are talking about COVID. Different viruses. Different reasons for wearing the mask. Also, the oxygen/carbon dioxide thing is not entirely true. That becomes an issue when you are wearing a tightly fitted mask for long periods of time. Not wearing a cloth mask where there is plenty of openings for oxygen to enter and carbon dioxide to exit.
Your second source is about the WHO disagreeing with the CDC on wearing a mask. This was written on June 1st. The WHO has since (actually about 5 days later) said we need to wear masks when out in public.
As to the first article:
“As for the scientific support for the use of face masks, a recent careful examination of the literature, in which 17 of the best studies were analyzed, concluded that, “None of the studies established a conclusive relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against influenza infection.”[R] Keep in mind, no studies have been done to demonstrate that either a cloth mask or the N95 mask has any effect on transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Any recommendations, therefore, have to be based on studies of influenza virus transmission.“

What’s your point?

As to the second source regarding WHO...again did science change in 5 days? So on June 1st the WHO science was right and 5 days later the WHO science was wrong?

The masks are useless, people cough or sneeze and they immediately put their hands up to adjust or cover and then proceed to touch everything. There isn't a damn thing we can do, but Dr. Bartlett in Texas has the cure with inhaled steroid. Maybe they won't kill him.

As to the first article:
“As for the scientific support for the use of face masks, a recent careful examination of the literature, in which 17 of the best studies were analyzed, concluded that, “None of the studies established a conclusive relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against influenza infection.”[R] Keep in mind, no studies have been done to demonstrate that either a cloth mask or the N95 mask has any effect on transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Any recommendations, therefore, have to be based on studies of influenza virus transmission.“

What’s your point?

As to the second source regarding WHO...again did science change in 5 days? So on June 1st the WHO science was right and 5 days later the WHO science was wrong?
Again, you’re not seeing what is being said in that first article. They literally said, and you quoted, that no tests have been done about masks protecting from COVID. However, what you’re not understanding is that they are testing how a mask prevents you from getting the virus instead of it protecting others from your own viruses and droplets. What that means is this: if you (healthy) are wearing a mask and a person with COVID who is not wearing a mask is there, you are still a decent at risk of getting the virus. That is what they are testing. But, what they ARENT testing, or showing the data to, is if the infected person is wearing a mask, the percentage of you getting the virus goes way down, as that mask is protecting you from his droplets, which also carry the virus. Also, the news source that it is pulled from is a site that is anti-vaccinations and consistently reports false claims for many medical issues. The article, which was the basis for your link, has been proven wrong by several different scientists and professors.
For the second article...new information can be learned in a matter of minutes. Seconds, even. And, as scientists, it’s their jobs to adjust accordingly.

You’re welcome. But you must not have read everything about it, since you thought that the masks were supposed to filter the airborne particles. And that’s not why we are being asked to wear them. But you’re welcome.
Again, I’ve read ALL (I can all cap too) opinions on the matter. The experts have contradicted themselves numerous times. Hell one day eggs are bad for me and the next they’re the best thing since sliced multi-grain gluten-free non-GMO bread. I suppose what confuses me, is that some can read all of the contradictory information and conclude they know what’s best for society. Is it possible that wearing masks prevents the spread of a virus that has a very minimal impact on healthy people? Sure. How about we agree that you do your thing and I’ll do mine. I won’t mandate that you can not wear a mask and you will not mandate that I must wear mask. Deal?

Last edited:
Again, I’ve read ALL (I can all cap too) opinions on the matter. The experts have contradicted themselves numerous times. Hell one day eggs are bad for me and the next they’re the best thing since sliced multi-grain gluten-free non-GMO bread. I suppose what confuses me, is that some can read all of the contradictory information and conclude they know what’s best for society. Is it possible that wearing masks prevents the spread of a virus that very minimal impact on healthy people? Sure. How about we agree that you do your thing and I’ll do mine. I won’t mandate that you can not wear a mask and you will not mandate that I must wear mask. Deal?
You say you have, yet your responses to me say otherwise.
Again, you say it’s “contradictory.” But you’re not acknowledging that this is because of the addition of new information.
To your last point, earlier in this conversation, I replied to someone and said “if you’re not going to wear a mask, at least know why.” Now, I know you read that, as you responded to it. Was i mandating anyone to wear one?

Again, you’re not seeing what is being said in that first article. They literally said, and you quoted, that no tests have been done about masks protecting from COVID. However, what you’re not understanding is that they are testing how a mask prevents you from getting the virus instead of it protecting others from your own viruses and droplets. What that means is this: if you (healthy) are wearing a mask and a person with COVID who is not wearing a mask is there, you are still a decent at risk of getting the virus. That is what they are testing. But, what they ARENT testing, or showing the data to, is if the infected person is wearing a mask, the percentage of you getting the virus goes way down, as that mask is protecting you from his droplets, which also carry the virus. Also, the news source that it is pulled from is a site that is anti-vaccinations and consistently reports false claims for many medical issues. The article, which was the basis for your link, has been proven wrong by several different scientists and professors.
For the second article...new information can be learned in a matter of minutes. Seconds, even. And, as scientists, it’s their jobs to adjust accordingly.
So I’ll wait a matter of minutes or seconds for when the scientists change their opinion again and I can go out in public without a mask, causing the world coming to an end.

Last edited:
How about we agree that you do your thing and I’ll do mine. I won’t mandate that you can not wear a mask and you will not mandate that I must wear mask. Deal?

If your thing is irresponsible, and choosing to not wear a mask is irresponsible, nah.

Reactions: Bwgiddens
Potimus, the link that you posted was from a Good Morning America segment that aired on February 27.

But good try.

Makes no difference. The physical characteristics of the masks have not changed. The info provided is still valid.

Liberal media forgets truth once the narrative is defined.

Truth is always truth and is not always convenient. Truth does not vary.

So you tell me, did science and the physical characteristics of the masks change since Feb? Wow, if so, nobody told us.

But the media will forget truth to push the narrative. Things like this, which was truth applied to nail Trump at the time, backfires when the truth remains consistent.

Not a good try, the truth. You are just at a point in your life where you will push against President Trump or the progressive narrative regardless.

Give me a break Potimus, your thread says, "Wow, NBC News now says masks should not be worn by healthy people".

Let's go through your post, it wasn't NBC News, it was GMA which is not a news show.

You used the word "now" when it was a segment from the beginning of the pandemic.

The post is completely untruthful, we all know Johnny B just makes everything up that he posts, you don't want to be lumped into that category.

Give me a break Potimus, your thread says, "Wow, NBC News now says masks should not be worn by healthy people".

Let's go through your post, it wasn't NBC News, it was GMA which is not a news show.

You used the word "now" when it was a segment from the beginning of the pandemic.

The post is completely untruthful, we all know Johnny B just makes everything up that he posts, you don't want to be lumped into that category.
A million times, this.
Not to mention that people want to keep saying “has the science changed since x” as if new information can’t make science change on a dime. Plus, asking that ignores science, as a whole, since science is built around studies, learning, and adjusting to the new information that is given. It also ignores the big question as to why we are being asked to wear the masks and ignores the guidelines for doing it properly. Not to mention that the line of “no one told us” is ridiculous, as there have been TONS of professional and real studies done that show that we need to be wearing masks and why. If one ignores the studies, then that’s on them. But don’t say no one has told you anything. There is a lot of dishonesty in the original post and the comments that attempt to support it.

Reactions: dawgfood0612
I haven’t said anything about supporting democrats. I thought we were talking about masks and covid, which are medical issues. Try to stay on topic
I’m completely on point. If you read my posts, you’ll see that I’m trying to make a much larger philosophical point. The scientific community has contradicted themselves multiple times on the issue of wearing masks. I have observed when any in the medical community have disagreed with the going narrative, most of the social media platforms and news networks have suppressed their viewpoints. Maybe the expert opinions that you choose to believe are proven right in the long run. If so, that’s fine. The problem I’m having is how you and others speak with an absolute certainty that you are 100% correct on this matter. Again your expert is somehow better than another expert. The condescension is strong with your side!

Furthermore, and still on topic, I’d argue that your support of democrats and their policies is irresponsible. Cities across this nation are suffering under democrat leadership. Look no further than Atlanta, but we can add NY, Detroit, Chicago, San Francisco, and LA to the list. These cities are being overrun by crime and poverty. I think getting a bullet in your ass is a serious medical issue. Your support for this leadership is irresponsible and has a negative impact on our societies health; therefore, according to your argument, I should be able to mandate that you not vote for democrats. Hey I’m just trying to protect the public.

Reactions: MaconDawg67
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT