ADVERTISEMENT

3-29 Portal Updates

4-02

UGA Contacts/Social Media Follows

Contacts
PG Leland Walker Eastern Kentucky JR 6-1 (Contact) (Visiting Indiana, DePaul)
CG *Kanaan Carlyle Stanford SO 6-3 185 (Contact) (Visited Georgia Tech, reportedly at UGA this week)
CG *Jason Edwards North Texas JR 6-0 170 (UGA contact)
CG Adou Thiero Kentucky (Contact)
SG *Tyrin Lawrence Vanderbilt Grad transfer 6-4 200 (Contact)(Social Media 3 coaches)(Visit or Phone Visit)
SG *Dakota Leffew Mount St. Mary’s Grad transfer 6-5 185 (Contact) (Social Media)
SG De’Shayne Montgomery Mount St. Mary’s SO 6-4 190 (Contact) (Social Media)
SG Greg Gordon Iona Grad transfer 6-5 210 (Contact)
SG Sincere Parker St. Louis SR 6-3 195 (Contact)
SG Cade Tyson Belmont 6-7 (Contact)
PF Mikeal Brown Jones UNCG Grad transfer 6-8 220 (Contact)
PF Sam Alexis UTC JR 6-9 230 (Contact) (Probable UGA visit, along with Providence, South Carolina, Mississippi Florida, Xavier and Arkansas)
C Trey Edmonds UTSA SR 6-10 255 (Contact)
C Brandon Garrison Oklahoma State SO 6-11 245 ( Contact)
C Pharrel Payne Minnesota JR 6-9 255 (Contact)

Social Media Follows

PG Arturo Dean FIU JR 5-11 163 (Social Media)
CG Bensley Joseph Miami JR 6-2 196 (Social Media) (Visiting St. John’s)
CG Kobe Johnson USC SR 6-6 200 (Social Media)
SG Jlynn Counter IUPU SR 6-3 185 (Social Media)
SG Chaz Lanier North Florida SR 6-4 199 (Social Media)
SG Jordan Derkack Merrimack JR 6-5 205 (Social Media)
SG Grant Huffman Davidson Grad transfer 6-4 190 (Social Media)
SF Trevor Baskin 6-9 Colorado Mesa (Social Media)
PF Xavier Amos NIU JR 6-8 215 (Social Media)
PF Mawot Mag Rutgers Grad transfer 6-7 216 (Social Media)
PF Jacksen Moni Northern State SR 6-10 224 (Social Media)
PF William Kyle South Dakota State SO 6-9 (Social Media)(Visiting Nebraska)
PF Justin Abson Appalachian State SO 6-9 230 (Social Media)
C Jeremy Foumena Rhode Island SO 6-11 235 (Social Media)

*From Georgia

Players following UGA coaches on social media

Montgomery, Derkack, Huffman, Moni, Lanier, Leffew

Committed Elsewhere

To Missouri SF Jacob Crews UT Martin SR 6-8 210 (Contact)

To Maryland PG Ja’Kobe Gillespie Belmont (Contact)

To Xavier SG Marcus Foster Furman (Contact)

UGA not in his final five Jordan Sears CG UT Martin (Contact)

SEC

Crews SF UT Martin to Missouri
Marshall SF Mississippi to Arkansas State
Carter SG Kansas State to LSU
Carey PF James Madison to Vanderbilt
Clary SG Penn State to Mississippi State
Cohen PF Massachusetts to Arkansas
Pinion SG Arkansas to Arkansas State
Kugel SG Florida to Kansas

Other SEC Entries

AR Blocker PG
AR Davis CG
AR Harris SF
AR Menifield PG
AU Johnson CG
KY Thiero SG
LS Wilkinson SF
MI Barnes PF
OK Hughley C
OK Oweh SG
OK Uzan PK
OK SG
SC Dibba SG
SC Johnson PG
TX Anamekwe PF
VA Dort C
VA Lawrence SG
VA Lewis PG
VA Rivera-Torres SG
VA Smith SF

NIL for basketball and other sports?

Seems like NIL for the football program is in pretty good hands, relatively speaking. We all know that UGA is a football school, and we are obviously building off the success Kirby has brought to the program.

I have always been a basketball fan as well, and have really enjoyed the spurts UGA has had over the decades, dating back to the Durham years. I am about to dig in my pocket for basketball NIL, as I believe there is a bigger need here, and more NIL could make more of an impact than in football. There's no reason why we can't have success in both programs. If Alabama can do it, then UGA can surely do it as well.

Thinking about donating NIL for baseball, track and field, tennis as well...
Reactions: LrgK9

Who do you want (locked in a room) negotiating with Xi Jinping, Putin, Kim Jong Un, and Hamas leaders?

Donald Trump or Joe Biden?

Then ask you why the political establishment fears Trump.

If you were in a legal dispute that could have dire and devastating financial consequences for your family, who would you want in a one on one negotiation with the other party?

Donald Trump or Joe Biden

If you needed a ride to the store, who do you want driving the car through Atlanta?

If you asked an unrehearsed question about how corporate tax laws apply to state sovereignty, then prohibited a teleprompter or electronic communication of any kind for the recipient of the question, who could discuss it logically and coherently?

If you needed to choose a contestant for the game show Jeopardy, who would you choose?

If you needed a job and wanted to work for a privately held company, who would have a stronger portfolio?

Trick question

Bonus question

Who has personally employed the most people in his lifetime, taking on personal liability, and created the most financial stability for families?

Based on the criteria of those questions alone, who is better choice to be President of the United States?

And who would be our best option in international negotiations again?

Free tickets for Starkville Series

I have 2 standing room only tickets for the Mississippi State games Friday and the same for the game Saturday. My wife had a medical emergency today and I won’t be able to make it. I figured I’d offer there in Kudzu Hill first. Any takers? I can transfer them to you, no cost. I just want them to go to someone that would use and appreciate them.
DM me here or text Jerry at 337-654-2575.

End of the Season Analysis - 2023-2024

The season provided some good highs, but unfortunately too many lows. The highs: regular season wins vs. Wake Forest, at Mizzou & vs. Arky to start SEC play, the GA Tech beat down, and the Fla State comeback. The lows: Pretty much the last 18 games of the regular season/SEC tourney. Yes, we won at South Carolina during that stretch for technically our best win of the year, but it never really felt like during that stretch we got hot and were playing well. We lost 11 out of 14 at one point. It was a real grind.

Overall: This team felt like a tweener team. We were good enough to beat bad teams and good enough to not get embarrassed by good teams, but not really that good. We beat one team that made the tourney all year and we had plenty of chances. The season finished how it started, getting beat handily. Effort has never been a question mark with this team. Talent and strategy has been.

Portal Talk:
This season, like almost all season's for teams going forward, was lost in the off season. This time last year. And maybe a little bit from the off season two years ago. Teams are finding difference makers and true alphas in the portal and we just haven't been able to do that yet. Tchewa and Thomasson were decent gets, but they should have been viewed as 3rd, 4th, or 5th options, not 1st, 2nd, or 3rd options. Then we over relied on freshmen that weren't ready. Not their fault, but just the truth. In the portal, we've taken a whole lot of fliers with guys, and we really haven't been able to money ball on any of these guys and find something special (Hill, Moncrieffe, Anselem, Deloach, Holt, McBide, Sunahara, etc.)

But all can and will be forgiven, if White just makes this offseaon really count. Mold together a team that can really compete. Come through in the portal. Come through with some top 30 rated High Schoolers. Find some diamonds in the rough some place. Our fans are putting a ton of faith in the freshmen. I like them, but they have a ways to go. Demary needs to learn how to shoot and pass. Blue and James combined for 45 minutes tonight and had 3 points and 3 rebounds combined. We need some help for next year and we need some older help in a big way. People are going to lose their minds if one or two of the freshmen leave. It wouldn't be great but its by far the end of the world. We have to learn how to construct a roster quickly. Know what we want and get it. Teams all over the place are doing it, we can too.

As for our current players: if they are going to hit the portal, we need them to hit it soon. It really hurts us if players wait to get in. The refresh button here for this site will be hit just as much to see if we have had any player go in the portal and just as much as to see if we got someone from the portal. It's going to be wild. Or at least we hope it will be, in a good way.

And this time next year, lets be talking about our beloved Hoop Dawgs and that other tournament....Go Dawgs!

Why would/should are freshman portal?

Is it only money? If so, if we have it, let’s pay and keep building. Are they expecting big boys to come after them? They were all four-star recruits and, for the most part, played to about that level this year or slightly below. If the big-name teams were not there last year, why would they be now?

I get we have a ways to go, but I feel if any of these guys leave, it will be a lateral move. I'm just talking about freshmen here.

Just a huge off-season for White. If it is money and we can't/don't want to match, ok. If there guys leave, they are going to bubble teams. White must show we can be a tourney team.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT