ADVERTISEMENT

This Is Disgusting

What other border can you get away with this crazy animal like behavior? In most places you would get shot

Hey climate crazies, come and repair the solar panels.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/texas-hail-storm-destroys-thousands-acres-solar-farms/

The toxic chemicals in solar panels include cadmium telluride, copper indium selenide, cadmium gallium (di)selenide, copper indium gallium (di)selenide, hexafluoroethane, lead, and polyvinyl fluoride. Additionally, silicon tetrachloride, a byproduct of producing crystalline silicon, is highly toxic.Apr 30, 2018

Do solar panels contain lead and cadmium?
Hazardous waste testing on solar panels in the marketplace has indicated that different varieties of solar panels have different metals present in the semiconductor and solder. Some of these metals, like lead and cadmium, are harmful to human health and the environment at high levels.Oct 23, 2023

So much for the enviorment.
Citizen Free Press

·
Mar 25, 2024
·
@CitizenFreePres
·
Follow
Al Gore, please pick up the red emergency phone.Hail storm in Texas yesterday destroys thousands of acres of solar farms.The Climate Mafia was unavailable for comment.

Good Morning Dawg Nation

I was going to do a MAPW today but we have a special guest poster scheduled for Friday so make sure you check back in then for that!

I guess we'll do the 2nd annual GIF party for my birthday 🤣🤣🤣 that's right, it's 53 for me Today!! I don't really celebrate it too much but it was fun last year so why not....if you can't have fun with your friends, what's the point, right?!?!

Thanks for making this old girl feel loved.....I'm off to work. Just half a day and then I'm hitting the hammock on the patio this afternoon, even if it's just listening to the rain.

As always....Prayers for all those in need, spoken and unspoken, and especially for my GMDN friends.

Happy Birthday/Anniversary if you're celebrating today 🎉🎉

Love you guys and gals, MEAN IT.....

Go Dawgs ❤️

April

Has anyone been to Portugal?

My wife and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary in a few months. We wanted to go some where new to us. We'd heard Portugal was great, so we booked. We'll fly into Faro and spend 3 days in the Algarve region, then make our way to Lisbon for the remainder of the week before flying home.

Has anyone been? What are the must-dos? Restaurants?

Any advice would be welcomed!

Thanks and go dawgs!

NonDawg Youth coaches get in here and share some stories....good, bad and or funny.....

Ive coached all ages of football k-12...........I was on the board of the local youth football league which at the time was fairly new....a HS feeder program.

So Im coaching K-1 and my kids were older we had the team but no coaches. I have this one little boy who cried every practice just usually held my leg or was right next to me. However kid could flat out fly.
Towards the end of the season we are winning and driving just running out the clock. Im the play caller and on the field. Im working this kid in and he begs me to run the ball so I say sure. He takes the hand off takes 2 steps forward then turns and runs the other way right past me.....with both teams chasing him. The other team somehow tackles him about the 2 so now its 3rd down....we still won the game.

Later that afternoon I see the HS head coach and he says just tell me what did u call on 3rd and 63.

2-29 Thursday’s Hoops News & Notes

UGA MBB

Login to view embedded media

Gadogs.com: Quick Chat: Noah Thomasson

https://georgiadogs.com/news/2024/2/28/mens-basketball-quick-chat-noah-thomasson

2024 Recruiting

2025 Recruiting

SEC Basketball

Alabama

Erik Haslem: Per our own metrics, Crimson Tide are now second nationally in offensive efficiency and 78th in defensive efficiency. Not typically the philosophy that yields long-term gains in the NCAA Tournament, but Nate Oats and company have decided to march to the beat of their own drum.

Tuscaloosa News: Alabama basketball shakes off slow start, scores 103 in win vs. Ole Miss

https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/stor...-beard-davin-cosby-rylan-griffen/72712694007/

Auburn
“Dalton is terrific,” Auburn coach Bruce Pearl said. “We thought we had guys who could guard him. When he went downhill, we could have offered more resistance.”

Auburn, rated 13th overall (top 4 seed) by the Selection Comm two weeks ago now has a 1-7 Quad 1 record after Ole Miss drops out of the Top 75. The Tigers are 0-6 in road/neutral games v the projected field.

Fascinated to see what the Comm does with them if those splits remain.

Florida
Gainesville Sun: Tyrese Samuel lifts Florida basketball to win over Missouri

https://www.gainesville.com/story/s...etball-holds-off-missouri-tigers/72704054007/

Kentucky
CBS Sports: Kentucky is winning despite John Calipari holding back Reed Sheppard and Rob Dillingham, his two best players

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...pard-and-rob-dillingham-his-two-best-players/

Missouri

Tennessee

Knoxville News Sentinel: Inside the change that unlocked Dalton Knecht for Tennessee basketball vs. Auburn

“Barnes had made a change at the under-8 media timeout and this was that move put into action. He altered a staple set of Tennessee’s offense that has three players low near the baseline and two high outside the 3-point line. It normally gives Knecht — or whomever — the opportunity to start in the middle under the hoop and use a screen in either direction.

“Instead of having him have a chance to come off either side, we moved him over to one side and told both guys to go get him open,” Barnes said. “We really gave him two-thirds of the court to try to get him open and get the ball. He did it. Then it is up to him to make the moves and the shots that he thinks he’s got.”

Knecht did time and time again. He ran down the baseline on the first play, using a screen from Awaka to get switched onto Broome. He waved away another Awaka screen into full isolation. He hit a 3-pointer over Broome.

He used it differently the next time, splitting the screens and getting on Broome again. He went by him for a dunk.

“It just gave me a lot more room just to isolate kind of,” Knecht said. “Just to give me the whole side then if I want a screen to call for a screen. It worked.”

The Vols used the set eight times in 10 possessions in the final eight minutes. Knecht started on the left five times and the right three times. He was 3-for-4 shooting out of the adjusted set with seven points. UT got 13 points total on the possessions, pulling away from the Tigers.

"If people want to stick to the shooters, it is going to give him too much space to operate and he is going to get a basket whenever he feels like," guard Zakai Zeigler said. "It is going to work regardless."

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/spor...ee-basketball-auburn-rick-barnes/72640893007/

NCAA Basketball

Arizona State
Bobby Hurley provides a message to Sun Devil fans:

"Although we're not having a fantastic season, there are teams that are freaking brutal. They stink, and they've given up, and they don't compete. That's not what your team is doing."

California
In its debut in the Atlantic Coast Conference next season, the Cal men’s basketball team will make trips to play at two of the game’s most glamorous arenas, Duke’s Cameron Indoor Stadium and North Carolina’s Dean Smith Center.

The Bears will play home and away against three opponents: long-time rival Stanford along with SMU and North Carolina State. Stanford and SMU are regarded as Cal’s partner schools in the new ACC alignment, the conference announced Thursday.

Connecticut

Drake
Sean Paul: Drake’s Tucker DeVries is one of the best players in college hoops. He dropped 39 points in Drake’s thrilling win over UIC. DeVries now averages 21 points per game and will likely secure his second consecutive MVC POY award.

Georgia Tech
The ACC revealed conference opponents for each of its schools for the 2024-25 basketball season. The Georgia Tech men will play host to Cal and Stanford at McCamish Pavilion that season, but the Yellow Jackets will travel to SMU

Houston
Borzello ESPN: Men's college basketball coaches break down Houston's high ceiling

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...cougars-coaches-confidential-breaking-ceiling

Maryland
Baltimore Sun: Late rally falls short for Maryland men’s basketball in 68-61 loss to Northwestern

https://www.baltimoresun.com/2024/02/28/maryland-mens-basketball-northwestern/

Ohio State
Jeff Goodman:
Ohio State improves to 3-1 under interim coach Jake Diebler after tonight’s win over Nebraska without Bruce Thornton.

Buckeyes also beaten Purdue at home and won at Michigan State under Diebler.

The ex-Valpo player showing he should be candidate for mid-major Midwest openings.

Old Dominion
Old Dominion is hiring Maryland assistant Mike Jones as its next head coach, sources told me and @PeteThamel. Jones is an ODU alum who led the Monarchs to two NCAA tournaments as a player in the 1990s. Was one of the best high school coaches in the country at DeMatha.

Washington
Seattle Times: UW men’s basketball guard Nate Calmese making the most of his limited chances for the Huskies

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...-most-of-his-limited-chances-for-the-huskies/

Wichita State
Wichita Eagle: Wichita State basketball prevails in nail-biter at UAB to notch first road AAC win

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article286060776.html

Wisconsin-Stout
Wisconsin-Stout 6'6 guard Brody Fox who entered the transfer portal earlier this week tells me that he's heard from North Dakota, Chattanooga, Belmont, Robert Morris, among others.

Second leading scorer in D3, averaging 26.6 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.

History

Charlotte Observer: March is sacred for basketball. Disagree? Former coach Bobby Cremins will fight you on it

You joined a legendary group of coaches.

BC: Absolutely. Coach Dean Smith (at UNC) was on top and he was in the league by himself. And everybody was after him. The second group was Coach Lefty Driesell (Maryland), Coach Terry Holland (Virginia) and Coach Carl Tacy (Wake Forest).

They didn’t like Coach Smith, or they didn’t like him being on top. And then there were the young guys. They called us the young guns. And that was Jimmy, Mike and myself. ... We all became close. I saw Jimmy V win a national championship (in 1983). That’s what happened first. Those two were doing unbelievable things, and I had to catch up a little bit.

In the coaches’ meetings, Jimmy would come in and just take over. He could bring people together with his storytelling. Dean Smith loved him. And Mike? He just took the whole thing to another level. He was a great defensive coach. ... I think I can speak for Jimmy and Mike and tell you that you know, Dean Smith set the bar. He showed us what it would take to be a champion. And all three of us won ACC tournaments.

Now Coach K — he broke the bar. But Dean Smith set the bar.

SF: Why were you able to turn Georgia Tech around?

BC: I was a bit crazy. I always say Jimmy Valvano — he’d go about 120 miles an hour. I’d go about 100 miles an hour. Coach K? He stayed at the speed limit. He was more balanced than we were. And I had a great staff…. We hit the recruiting road hard. George Felton found a point guard from Enid, Oklahoma. George said the point guard was 5-11 and white. I said, “You gotta be kidding.”

But he convinced me, and that was Mark Price. And then my New York roots helped us get John Salley. Price and Salley were the first ones, and then we got a lot of other great players (including Kenny Anderson, Stephon Marbury and Dennis Scott.) What made me was my players.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/sports-legends/article285605912.html

Speaking as a father of a student at UGA and a diehard Dawg fan…..

I’m sick of this BS with high speed, reckless driving, and DUI. This has gotten to be absurd. My opinion is just that an opinion……but when you have a daughter driving the roads in Athens this makes you think about things in a different light.

Kick his ass off the team. That’s just my opinion. The details of every event should be taken into consideration so I’m not making a blanket statement here. The details that I just read in Dash’s article are alarming to say the least.

It’s time to put the hammer down on this. Times have changed for sure…..but this has crossed the line
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT