ADVERTISEMENT

Do your kids and grandkids know all the words to this song?

God Bless the USA - Lee Greenwood.

They used to teach American pride in schools, not anymore. That just means you’ll have to teach it yourself.

Showing this video to your kids (mine are 8 and 10) and having them sing it is a good start. My daughter, who thinks she’ll be a singer one day, loves singing this song. Makes my heart swell.

Login to view embedded media

Listening to 960 this morning and Sweaterman had a good stat.

Georgia has been up/down 2 with 3 mins to go in 16 games this season. Ga is 8-8 in those games.

Also, @Anthony Dasher, I I know baseball is now main focus but was wondering if you’ll do maybe a write-up on your thoughts of who might be staying/going from team this year and who Dawgs will have coming in next year?

Roe v Wade….

Can anyone find data around folks who wanted an abortion and couldn’t get one? By the sound of it hundreds of thousands can’t and the Roe decision was the death knell on abortion. But somehow I haven’t heard one account of anyone unable to get one.

Political football or is it an actual issue?

Will you are big on supporting opinion with data and also point to this issue as a big one. Are there articles referencing data about the number of folks who couldn’t get an abortion?

No bump for Biden after SOTU

Shocking.

Didn't some of our lib contributors predict a big bump for Biden, after his speech? Or am I mistaken?

How was Terry Hoage so good?

He is not mentioned nearly enough as one our great Georgia players but to me he was an extra special player who seemed to be able to define a play and be in the right place to either intercept of disrupt the play better than anyone wev'e ever had. Just look at what he accomplished. A less heralded Brock Bowers type of guy.

Terry Hoage did it all. He excelled as a football player and a student. He came out of Huntsville, Texas to play for Georgia in 1980. In the Sugar Bowl against Notre Dame, he blocked a field goal attempt. That helped Georgia win the game, finish the season 12-0, and win the national championship. In 1981, he made all-Southeastern Conference. As a junior in 1982, he led the nation with 12 pass interceptions, was named All-America a second time, Academic All-America. In 1983, he was consensus All-America a second time, Academic All-America a second time, all-SEC academic a third time. He was SEC Defensive Player of the Year for the second time. He placed fifth in voting for the Heisman Trophy. At the time, this was the highest rank ever made by a defensive player. In his time, Georgia finished 1-6-4-4 in the national rankings. The Bulldogs went 43-4-1, best record by a major team. They went to four bowls and won three SEC titles. Hoage had a 3.7 grade point average with a major in genetics. He received a National Football Foundation post-graduate scholarship and an NCAA scholarship. The NCAA gave him a Big Five Award, given annually to the nation's five outstanding athletes. The SEC named him to its 25-year team (1961-85). The Walter Camp Foundation named him to its all-century team. His coach, Vince Dooley, called him "a great athlete, great student, great competitor." George MacIntyre, Vanderbilt coach, after Hoage intercepted three passes in one game, called him "a genius in a football uniform." Frank Broyles, ABC-TV football analyst, said "He's an end, cornerback, and safety combined."

Hoage played 13 years in the NFL (1984-96) with New Orleans, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, and Houston. He currently owns and operates Terry Hoage Vineyards in Paso Robles, Calif. He is a member of the Georgia-Florida, CoSIDA Academic All-American and Georgia Sports Halls of Fame. In 2000, Hoage was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.

Why is it ok for the Chinese to own land in America but not a social media app?

Oh illegals invading? No big deal.

Castrating kids? No problem.

Allowing the manufacture of insulin and other necessary medications to be done overseas? Sounds great.

Billions of dollars of intellectual property theft? Sure go ahead.

America social media companies working hand in hand with the FBI to influence elections? Sign me up.

Keeping political prisoners? Right on.

Planned Parenthood? Gotta fund that obviously.

An education department that indoctrinates children to our history is worthy of contempt? Here’s some more money.

But an app? That’s a bridge to far!! Let’s ban it and be sure to make sure the federal government has the power to ban any website it deems necessary. After all that’s what important to for America.

I despise the Republican Party. It has nothing but contempt for you.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT