ADVERTISEMENT

Physically Imposing Off & Def: pick your two

I think we all know the difference in the S/C program since Kirby has been here, but man we have some dudes at RB this year. I know that doesn’t always translate to great production.

I was looking through the photos and no one stands out quite like Rod Rob. He looks like he’s leaned up a little bit and still has that brute size. He has the build and natural instincts to be a big time difference maker.

Also, you can say this about a lot of dudes on the team, but I think Rod Rob and Sam Mpemba are two that stick out the most on their respective side of the ball.

Postgame Analysis: Sec Tourney - Florida

The game was falling the way it needed to fall for us to have a good chance at winning it as the underdog. Mike White comes out in what I believe was one of his best game plans of the year with us using the zone to start the game. Florida was in a funk and rattled and we were the better coached team in the first half. We were hitting threes. It was beautiful. Things got wonky in the second half. We went away from the zone and they killed us on the boards in the second half. They pounded it inside over and over with their bigs and it looked like we would have no answer. But as always, we never quit, battled to the end and kept it close. Oh yeah, there was also a billion fouls called that killed almost all flow.

Surprise of the Night & the SEC Tourney
In two SEC tournament games we shot over 40% from three each game. That's pretty wild. And it came from some unlikely places tonight. Melendez (3), James (1), and Sunny (1) combined to go 5 for 6 from three in the game. That's pretty nuts.

Stats of the Night:
UGA up by 3 on the boards at half, gets out rebounded by 18 in the second half.

Fastbreak Points: 23 Fla; 9 UGA

Toughest Stat:
Todd Golden 5-0 versus Mike White. Florida has had more talent in all five games but we also have/had the ability to do something about that.

What's next?
It's portal watch now. Which of our players leave and which stay? Dash has hinted that a ton of our older guys could be out the door. Also, what players from other teams do our coaches start contacting as they enter the portal?
Portal season is an exciting time. Here are some portal rules to remember:
1. If one of our players are going to portal out, we need them to do so immediately so we can plan accordingly. We don't need any last minute decisions about leaving from our key guys. It puts us in a real bind.
2. If a guy visits, there is a great chance he commits to us. It seems we hit on about 80-90% of them. On visits that we have known about, only Sahvir Wheeler and Amaree Abram didnt commit to us. The rest of the visits the last two years ended up committing, I believe (someone correct me if I'm off here).
3. The portal never really sleeps. There were big fish making decisions all the way into June and July last year. With that said, we need some momentum, so it would help us to snag some serious talent early and get other players excited about joining us.

Appreciate all the folks interacting on these postgame threads. Always great talking UGA hoops. May this be our best off season yet. Go Dawgs!

Really good effort but…

Felt like we lost a very winnable game. Not coming to criticize but my goodness there are some plays that will hurt me.
##4 made great moves and missed layups. Pain
What did White say to get a T Big 2 points. ?
We could not get Cain open from deep in 2nd half

Overall we showed a lot of fight. Wish we had Rahim to tight. I really feel he might have been the difference.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT