ADVERTISEMENT

• Poll
NonDawg Baseball Question

Which is more astonishing?

• The Dodgers spent more money than any team in MLB history yet don’t have a shortstop?

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Mookie Betts is moving from 2B via RF to become the starting shortstop.

Votes: 10 33.3%

Dodgers have made Mookie Betts the starting shortstop. (Mngr Dave Roberts said the move was “permanent…for now. “ 🤣 )

Evan Miya

Anyone use Evan Miya's college basketball metrics website? I was taking a look at Georgia's team page (you can access here https://evanmiya.com/?team_breakdown_overview via a dropdown menu) and thought the player efficiency ratings were interesting, mostly because they didn't entirely line up with my judgments before viewing.

According to Miya, our most valuable player this season is...RJ Melendez, which is surprising but doesn't necessarily shock me. Rounding out the top 5 most valuable players are Justin Hill (surprising), Frank Anselem (almost entirely due to his defense), Jabri, and Dylan James. Russell Tchewa is far and away our least valuable player (not including people who have barely played like Suny, Moncrieffe)--Miya considers him to be woeful on both offense and defense, which I'm not sure agrees with my eye test but that's sort of the point of this website.

I would guess that Anselem's rating would drop off quite a bit if he played more often, but I think there is an argument to play him more as a defensive stopper when we're struggling to defend the paint and rebound. Besides, while Tchewa does offer the most offensively out of our centers, he's not exactly a force down low and frequently finishes halves with ~2-4 points total, so I think you could argue that what he offers on offense does not always justify playing him 30 minutes a game.

I'm also surprised that Miya values Justin Hill so much more than Thomasson. Looks like it's mostly based on Thomasson's defense, which Miya rates as the worst on our team among regular players by far, but I wouldn't have necessarily guessed that Hill was significantly better than Thomasson on defense just watching the games. Miya actually really hates Thomasson's game, rating him as less valuable than Jalen Deloach, which floored me a bit. What's less surprising to me is that Miya is very down on Blue Cain's defense--Blue seems to lose his man often when I'm watching, and I think that's something he's got to work on in the offseason to take that next step.

This is where we are heading, time to find a pre-season tournament that will split among our players 1m

Or else fall behind…

A first-of-its-kind tournament featuring NIL deals as payouts is coming to college basketball next season.

The 8-team invitational in Vegas will guarantee $1M be split among players on each team—with another $1M to the winning team….

College basketball's first-ever NIL payout tournament—called 'Players Era'—will be played at MGM Arena in Las Vegas.

Sources tell FOS the tournament organizers are in talks with:
• Alabama
• Duke
• FAU
• Houston
• Kansas
• Oregon
• San Diego State
• St. Joe's
• Syracuse
• Virginia

• Wow
Reactions: 504noladawg

Have any of y’all ever used Hexclad cookware?

My wife and I are at the point where we’re sort of upgrading a lot of the stuff we got when were married. Let me get a few things out of the way:

1. I love cast iron and have several vintage pieces handed down to me from family
2. We also really like Smithey cast iron stuff and are starting to build our collection
3. Le Creuset-we also like it a lot and are adding pieces of that as well

Having gotten all that out of the way, I’m looking for a couple basic, low maintenance pieces just for quick meals on weeknights and what not. I’ve seen this stuff a lot on social and it looks solid. Any experience with it? Thanks in advance

Good Morning Dawg Nation

Happy it's Friday!

Off to work I go. I'm gonna be a little negative this morning because I'm aggravated with my distributor..... there are LTOs out right now that people are going nuts for. Ours got "lost" yesterday. Now mind you the two other stores got theirs but we got left out. Talk about making my weekend quota tough to meet?!?! My customers are headed down the road to get what they want while I can only hope they'll come back to us. Small town, mom and pop business ain't for the weak at heart. I feel like this is a "test" since I'm running the store completely on my own right now 😳 I was not a happy camper yesterday and my rep got an earful, bless his heart. Wasn't his fault but I didn't have anyone else to gripe to 😅😅 End Rant. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest, I promise to be positive from here forward.

LBM time was fantastic and actually DID make my day better.

Georgia T&F performs today. Hoping I get to catch Morales run the 400M this afternoon. Looking forward to see what this group does!

As always....Prayers for all those in need, spoken and unspoken, and especially for my GMDN friends.

Happy Birthday/Anniversary if you're celebrating today 🎉🎉

Love you guys and gals, MEAN IT.....

Go Dawgs ❤️

April

Potential Candidates After 2025

I think we’re all in agreement that nothing happens this off-season, but another disaster like this season presents a tough decision for ADJB. If we were to move on, I’d like to hear some opinions as to who we’d pursue.

My candidate is Bucky McMillan at Samford. He’s young, energetic, and taken a perennial doormat to the top of the SOCON very quickly. Prior to that, he was the premiere HS coach in AL and won multiple state championship at the highest classification before making the jump.

He will coach in the SEC one day and I’d hate to see him on the other side when he was there for the taking.

Would love to hear some others.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT