ADVERTISEMENT

Ameer Speed's Transfer led to a NFL Contract

i

Ameer was a stalwart on Special Teams at UGA. He, like many members of this year's trasfer portal list, was processed out or at best left to seek more playing time. He transferred to Michigan State. He was drafted this year by the New England Patriots in the 6th round. He was pick number 214. He was released and was signed by the Colts. He was back in the Benz today playing against the Falcons. While a 6th round pick is not high, Speed signed a 4 year, $3,973,336 contract with the New England Patriots, including a $133,336 signing bonus, $133,336 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $993,334. In 2023, Speed will earn a base salary of $750,000, while carrying a cap hit of $500,004. In the USA of 2023, the average salary in the USA varies largely across industries, job positions, age groups, levels of experience, and educational backgrounds. However, the average salary nationwide in the US, according to Forbes, is $59,428. I think it paid off for him to enter the portal. I sure would love to make 750K this year. Glad to see someone who kept his head down, worked, avoided snags, hitches or blemishes while at UGA win. Congratulations to Ameer.

NEW STORY Kaiden Prothro waiting on an offer

We have the story on Prothro wanting a UGA offer but I can see why UGA is waiting. Is he a 6-5 wideout or an undersized tight end?
Story: https://uga.rivals.com/news/kaiden-prothro-waiting-patiently-for-uga-offer
Makes sense that Todd Hartley checks on him repeatedly. Kids looks phenomenal but that doesn't mean UGA will offer.

Kaiden was also mentioned by John Garcia here as one of his five 2026 guys to watch: https://uga.rivals.com/news/southeast-spotlight-prospects-on-the-rise-in-2026-class

Prophetic announcement

Ive had a Dawg premonition! Hear me out. I have a son, born in 1993 named Ladd. He followed in my footsteps and went to UGA. Some years later, A damn good Dawg named Ladd excited us between the hedges and is about to make us proud in the NFL. Well Dawgs and Dawgettes, its time to get fired up because my Dad, who also was a Dawg, is named Julian! How clear can the future be?

Northern Colorado..

Is coming in to town 0-12. Didn’t realize that but they have had a less than ideal start to the season. Not sure how they have looked in those games but looking at the scores they definitely haven’t been one run games.. Sweeping 4 game series is not easy but I’d love to see the Dawgs take care of business this weekend.

I’ll also be attending my first game this season this weekend. Haven’t been able to make it to one yet to start the season but will be there Sunday. Looking forward to seeing the Dawgs in action and hopefully the weather is nice.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT