ADVERTISEMENT

'21 vs. '24 and good to great/elite?

@dayneyoung and I recorded a podcast earlier today discussing the combine and draft topics (should be out soon/tonight). The last thing we discussed was what Dayne wrote about the other day.......the unreal depth of talent on the 2021 roster.

And that got me thinking about this upcoming season/team compared to that group. 2021 had elite/great in every area around the QB. Eventual/multiple first round and top 100 picks at every level/position group. This season will be the opposite. A lot of good to really good around a top-10 pick type QB.

Thus, outside of draft content, I'm going to be going back through the tape on 4 specific, non-transfer players that I think need to go from good to great/elite for UGA to get back on top the CFB mountain at season's end.

Which 4 do you think I should break-down? Which 4 do you think I've already picked?

Joe's problem isn't that he gaslighted republicans, he gaslighted every struggling American.....

While he probably needed to do what was necessary to shore up historically low democratic support, the last thing all working class and folks in the middle want to hear is how great things are, and how it is everyone's fault but his that they are struggling. Everyone's fault but his that illegal immigration is such an issue, etc, etc. The 180 on Israel - same thing. Plays well to his supporters, but not to the rest of the Country.

What you'll see now are polls that reflect more democrats being supportive of his candidacy. What you won't see is any movement in the right direction with independents.

But he truly could have lost his candidacy last night. He did what he needed to do.

NEW STORY Running back Ja'Michael Jones

Jones is one of the few 2026 tailbacks to already have an offer. He stood out on a high school team with a loaded backfield, including two upperclassmen whom he started over. It will be interesting to see how his relationship develops with Josh Crawford.

Story: https://uga.rivals.com/news/alabama-tailback-ja-michael-jones-feels-high-on-uga-s-board

NEW STORY Duke Johnson, the nation's No. 43 player

was asked who else he wanted an offer from considering he has offers from many of the top schools in the nation.

His response was immediate. "Georgia."

Login to view embedded media
He has visited at least four times and he's from Leonard Floyd's old stomping grounds.

He was a top performer at the Under Armour camp in Carrollton. Yet another guy UGA is watching to see how he develops.

Quick story: https://uga.rivals.com/news/a-georgia-offer-could-swing-things-for-no-43-player-duke-johnson

Fairly Surprised at the consensus of legal experts on Trump cases........

I watched snippets from several shows on Sunday, Not 100%, but most seem to agree on the following:

1. Judge in the Atlanta case is in way over his head and should have shut her (Willis) down during her testimony
2. No one believes the story about the cash transactions between Wade and Willis
3. Most believe both will be thrown off the case (probably 75% or so)
4. Willis using the race card at the church speech really had some interesting takes but most feel it will not cause it to be moved from Fulton County (If i were defense i could jump up and down on this one and try to have it moved to Polk county....)
5. The judge in the NY ruling went way overboard and into uncharted territory, even the CNBC expert said this had little if any legal merit to stand. (ie amount and ban on doing business)
6. On legal merits Trump should win the NY Criminal case
7. Trump is in legal jeopardy in the Washington Case without some intervention by SCOTUS ruling about immunity. (Jury, evidence and judge)
8. Jack Smith will do everything possible to try the Washington case in late summer or Fall following the NY Criminal Case.

Nothing above surprises me, just surprised that most legal experts and pundits were in such agreement. One more shout out to Media Buzz (Howard Kurtz) for weekly trying to show both sides of the argument without huge bias takes...........

Biden eliminated Gavin Newsom last night…..

Was it a partisan campaign event totally different than any State of the Union? Yes.

But he did what he needed to do which was keep the support of democrats.

If I were his campaign manager it is exactly what I would have prescribed.

As someone who thinks he is a terrible President and ineffective leader, count me in. Replacing Biden with anyone would have been a death knell to republicans.
Reactions: Athens is Heaven
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT